It’s amazing but most consumers in Indiana kept buying from the same company for more than four years, and virtually 40% of consumers have never compared rates with other companies. U.S. insurance shoppers could save $860 a year by just shopping around, but they just don’t understand how much savings they would realize if they switch to a new company.
The best way we recommend to save on car insurance rates in Fort Wayne is to compare prices annually from companies who sell auto insurance in Indiana. Rates can be compared by following these steps.
Step 1: Learn about the different coverages in a policy and the measures you can take to prevent expensive coverage. Many rating factors that cause high rates like careless driving and a bad credit rating can be remedied by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes.
Step 2: Get rate quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct and exclusive agents can give quotes from a single company like GEICO and Allstate, while agents who are independent can provide prices for a wide range of companies.
Step 3: Compare the price quotes to your current policy premium to see if a cheaper price is available. If you find better rates and decide to switch, ensure coverage does not lapse between policies.
A tip to remember is that you’ll want to compare similar coverage information on every quote and and to get prices from as many companies as possible. Doing this helps ensure a fair price comparison and the best price selection.
This information will teach you the most effective ways to compare rates and also pocket some savings If you have a policy now, you will definitely be able to get lower rates using this information. Nevertheless, Indiana drivers need to have an understanding of the methods companies use to sell insurance online because it can help you find the best coverage.
Cheapest car insurance in Fort Wayne, IN
The providers in the list below are our best choices to provide price quotes in Indiana. To locate the cheapest car insurance in Indiana, we recommend you visit as many as you can to get the best price comparison.
|Make, Model, and Trim Level||Annual Policy Premium||6-month Policy Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Chevrolet Equinox LTZ AWD||$1,210||$605||$101|
|Chevrolet Silverado LTZ Extended Cab 4WD||$1,210||$605||$101|
|Dodge Ram Crew Cab TRX 2WD||$1,210||$605||$101|
|Ford Edge Limited 2WD||$1,082||$541||$90|
|Ford Escape XLT 2WD||$940||$470||$78|
|Ford Explorer XLT AWD||$1,048||$524||$87|
|Ford F-150 XL Crew Cab 4WD||$1,080||$540||$90|
|Ford Focus SE 2-Dr Coupe||$1,242||$621||$104|
|Honda Accord LX 4-Dr Sedan||$940||$470||$78|
|Honda CR-V EX-L 4WD||$972||$486||$81|
|Honda Civic EX-L 4-Dr Sedan||$1,244||$622||$104|
|Kia Optima SX||$1,274||$637||$106|
|Nissan Altima 2.5 S 2-Dr Coupe||$1,274||$637||$106|
|Nissan Rogue SL 2WD||$1,178||$589||$98|
|Toyota Camry LE||$1,114||$557||$93|
|Toyota Corolla XRS||$1,210||$605||$101|
|Get Rate Quotes for Your Vehicle Go|
Prices based on single male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Indiana minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, claim-free, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, and homeowner. Rates do not factor in specific Fort Wayne garaging location which can increase or decrease insurance rates noticeably.
Discounts for lower Fort Wayne car insurance rates
Car insurance companies don’t always list their entire list of discounts very well, so we break down some of the best known as well as the least known discounts that you may qualify for.
- Seat Belt Usage – Forcing all vehicle occupants to wear their seat belts could cut 10% or more on medical payment and PIP coverage.
- Discounts for Government Workers – Being employed by or retired from a federal job may reduce rates when you quote Fort Wayne car insurance with certain companies.
- Accident Waiver – Not a discount per se, but some insurance companies allow you one accident without raising rates so long as you are claim-free before the accident.
- Online Discount – A few insurance companies will give a small break for signing up on their website.
- Discounts for Responsible Drivers – Drivers who don’t get into accidents may receive a discount up to 45% compared to rates paid by drivers with frequent claims.
- Discount for New Cars – Insuring a new car can get you a discount since newer models are generally safer.
- Bundle and Save – If you combine your homeowners and auto policies with one company you could earn a discount of 10% to 20% off each policy.
- Discounts for Multiple Vehicles – Having all your vehicles with the same car insurance company can reduce the rates for all insured vehicles.
Just know that most of the big mark downs will not be given to all coverage premiums. Some only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like liability and collision coverage. Even though the math looks like all the discounts add up to a free policy, that’s just not realistic.
If you would like to view insurance companies that offer some of these discounts in Indiana, click here.
Can’t I compare prices from local Fort Wayne insurance agents?
A small number of people still prefer to visit with an insurance agent and that is a personal choice. One of the benefits of comparing rates online is you may find cheap rate quotes but also keep your business local. And buying from local insurance agencies is important especially in Fort Wayne.
To find an agent, once you fill out this quick form, your information is instantly submitted to insurance agents in Fort Wayne who will give you bids for your coverage. You don’t have to drive around because quoted prices will be sent straight to your inbox. You can find better rates without having to waste a lot of time. If for some reason you want to quote rates for a specific company, feel free to jump over to their website and fill out the quote form the provide.
Picking the best insurance company requires more thought than just the bottom line cost. Before buying a policy in Fort Wayne, get answers to these questions.
- Is vehicle mileage a factor when determining depreciation for repairs?
- If your car is in the repair shop, do you have coverage for a rental car?
- What insurance companies do they work with in Fort Wayne?
- Do they have designations such as AIC, CPCU, or CIC?
- Can they provide you with a list of referrals?
- Is vehicle damage repaired with OEM or aftermarket parts?
- How experienced are they in personal risk management?
- Is the quote a firm price?
Find affordable car insurance prices by comparing often
Budget-friendly car insurance in Fort Wayne can be purchased both online and from local agencies, so get free Fort Wayne car insurance quotes from both of them to get a complete price analysis. There are still a few companies who may not offer internet price quotes and many times these regional insurance providers provide coverage only through independent agencies.
We’ve covered many ideas to find cheaper coverage online. The key concept to understand is the more times you quote, the better your comparison will be. You may even find the lowest priced car insurance comes from a company that doesn’t do a lot of advertising. Smaller companies may have significantly lower premium rates on certain market segments than the large multi-state companies such as Allstate or State Farm.
Additional learning opportunities
- Medical Payments Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for Lyft Drivers in Fort Wayne? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Quotes for Welfare Recipients in Fort Wayne? (FAQ)
- Protect Yourself Against Auto Theft (Insurance Information Institute)
- What is Full Coverage? (Allstate)
- Think You’re a Safe Driver? (State Farm)
- Automakers compete to add autobraking (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)