If saving money is your primary concern, then the best way to find more affordable auto insurance rates is to start comparing rates regularly from different companies in Fort Wayne.
- Try to understand what is in your policy and the steps you can take to prevent high rates. Many things that result in higher rates like traffic citations, accidents, and an unacceptable credit rating can be amended by making minor changes to your lifestyle. Continue reading for instructions to get low prices and find additional discounts you may qualify for.
- Request rate estimates from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can provide rates from a single company like GEICO or Allstate, while independent agents can provide prices from multiple sources. View rates
- Compare the price quotes to your current policy premium to determine if switching companies saves money. If you find a better price and change companies, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Provide proper notification to your current company to cancel your current car insurance policy and submit the application along with any required down payment to your new insurance company. Make sure you place the new certificate of insurance in a readily accessible location in your vehicle.
One thing to point out is that you use similar coverage information on every price quote and and to analyze every company you can. Doing this enables an accurate price comparison and the best price quote selection.
It’s amazing but most auto insurance customers kept buying from the same company for more than four years, and practically 40% of auto insurance customers have never compared rates from other carriers. Indiana insurance shoppers could save almost 55% a year just by shopping around, but they don’t believe how much money they would save if they switch to a new company.
Choosing the best rates in Fort Wayne is not that difficult as long as you know where to start. If you have a current auto insurance policy or just want cheaper coverage, you can follow these tips to get lower rates without having to cut coverage. Consumers just have to learn the tricks to get comparison quotes online from multiple companies.
Auto insurance providers offering cheap price quotes in Indiana
The companies shown below can provide price comparisons in Fort Wayne, IN. To buy cheap auto insurance in Fort Wayne, it’s highly recommended you visit several of them to get the most competitive price.
Rates and other information
The information displayed next highlights a range of coverage costs for Chevy Silverado models. Learning how policy premiums are calculated is important to be able to make decisions on the best policy to buy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Silverado LS Regular Cab 2WD||$148||$274||$412||$24||$124||$982||$82|
|Silverado LS Regular Cab 4WD||$148||$274||$364||$22||$110||$918||$77|
|Silverado LT Regular Cab 2WD||$170||$334||$412||$24||$124||$1,064||$89|
|Silverado LT Regular Cab||$170||$334||$412||$24||$124||$1,064||$89|
|Silverado LS Extended Cab 4WD||$170||$334||$364||$22||$110||$1,000||$83|
|Silverado LT Extended Cab 4WD||$170||$334||$364||$22||$110||$1,000||$83|
|Silverado LT Extended Cab 2WD||$170||$334||$412||$24||$124||$1,064||$89|
|Silverado LS Extended Cab 2WD||$170||$334||$412||$24||$124||$1,064||$89|
|Silverado LT Crew Cab 4WD||$192||$392||$364||$22||$110||$1,080||$90|
|Silverado LS Crew Cab 2WD||$192||$392||$412||$24||$124||$1,144||$95|
|Silverado LS Crew Cab 4WD||$192||$392||$364||$22||$110||$1,080||$90|
|Silverado LT Crew Cab 2WD||$192||$392||$412||$24||$124||$1,144||$95|
|Silverado LTZ Extended Cab 2WD||$192||$392||$412||$24||$124||$1,144||$95|
|Silverado LTZ Extended Cab 4WD||$192||$392||$364||$22||$110||$1,080||$90|
|Silverado LTZ Crew Cab 2WD||$192||$392||$412||$24||$124||$1,144||$95|
|Silverado LTZ Crew Cab 4WD||$192||$392||$364||$22||$110||$1,080||$90|
|Silverado Crew Cab Hybrid 2WD||$192||$452||$364||$22||$110||$1,140||$95|
|Silverado Crew Cab Hybrid 4WD||$212||$452||$364||$22||$110||$1,160||$97|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Prices based on single female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Indiana minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, safe-driver, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, and claim-free. Information does not factor in specific location which can impact insurance rates greatly.
The example below shows how choosing a deductible and can influence Chevy Silverado insurance prices for different categories of driver ages. The data is based on a single female driver, full physical damage coverage, and no discounts are factored in.
Insurance premiums for males and females
The diagram below compares Chevy Silverado insurance costs for male and female drivers. Data assumes no claims, a clean driving record, full physical damage coverage, $1,000 deductibles, single status, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Four factors that influence insurance rates
Many things are used when quoting car insurance. Some factors are common sense such as your driving record, although others are not quite as obvious such as your marital status or your financial responsibility.
Shown below are some of the things used by companies to determine your rate level.
Don’t let your car insurance lapse – Going without insurance will be a fast way to trigger a rate increase. And not only will your rates increase, being ticketed for driving with no insurance may result in a license revocation or jail time.
Tickets inflate premiums – Getting just one chargeable violation may increase your cost by as much as thirty percent. Drivers who don’t get tickets have lower premiums than people who have multiple driving citations. Drivers unfortunate enough to have careless tickets such as DUI or reckless driving may need to submit a SR-22 form with their state’s department of motor vehicles in order to drive a vehicle legally.
The example below demonstrates how traffic citations and accident claims drive up Chevy Silverado auto insurance costs for different categories of driver ages. The premiums are based on a single female driver, full physical damage coverage, $500 deductibles, and no discounts are factored in.
Drive lots and pay more – The more miles you rack up on your Chevy in a year the higher the price you pay to insure it. A lot of companies charge to insure your cars based upon how much you drive. Cars left parked in the garage receive better premium rates as compared to vehicles used primarily for driving to work. An incorrectly rated Silverado may be costing you. It’s a smart idea to ensure your car insurance declarations sheet reflects how each vehicle is driven, because improper ratings can cost you money.
Getting married can save on car insurance – Walking down the aisle can actually save you money on your policy. Having a significant other usually means you are more mature and statistics prove married drivers tend to have fewer serious accidents.
Chevy Silverado historical loss data – Auto insurance companies analyze claim trends for every vehicle to determine a rate that will be profitable for them. Vehicles that the data shows to have higher loss trends will be charged more to insure. The table below illustrates the compiled insurance loss statistics for Chevy Silverado vehicles.
For each policy coverage, the claim probability for all vehicles averaged together is considered to be 100. Percentages below 100 imply a favorable loss record, while percentage numbers above 100 indicate higher probability of having a loss or statistically larger losses.
|Vehicle Make and Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Chevrolet Silverado 1500 2WD||76||118||85||78||69||125|
|Chevrolet Silverado 1500 4WD||60||76||72||54|
|Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Crew Cab 2WD||89||103||131||77||70||94|
|Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Crew Cab 4WD||96||105||116||57||57||87|
|Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Ext Cab 2WD||90||126||100||88||85||117|
|Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Ext Cab 4WD||84||98||89||60||60||88|
|Chevrolet Silverado 2500 2WD||60||65|
|Chevrolet Silverado 2500 4WD||66||97||66|
|Chevrolet Silverado 2500 Crew Cab 2WD||76||127||65|
|Chevrolet Silverado 2500 Crew Cab 4WD||88||114||97||45||42||82|
|Chevrolet Silverado 2500 Ext Cab 2WD||80||54|
|Chevrolet Silverado 2500 Ext Cab 4WD||79||105||83||37||43||75|
|Chevrolet Silverado 3500 4WD||65|
|Chevrolet Silverado 3500 Crew Cab 4WD||98||127||108||54||39||76|
|Chevrolet Silverado 3500 Ext Cab 4WD||129||127|
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years
Verify you’re applying every discount
Some companies don’t always advertise every possible discount in a way that’s easy to find, so the following is a list of some of the best known in addition to some of the lesser obvious discounts that you can inquire about if you buy Fort Wayne car insurance online.
- Accident Forgiveness Coverage – Not really a discount, but companies like Liberty Mutual, Allstate and State Farm allow you one accident without the usual rate increase if you are claim-free prior to being involved in the accident.
- Theft Deterrent System – Cars, trucks, and SUVs optioned with advanced anti-theft systems can help prevent theft and will qualify for a discount on a Fort Wayne car insurance quote.
- Pay Early and Save – By paying your policy upfront as opposed to paying monthly you can avoid the installment charge.
- Service Members Pay Less – Being deployed with a military unit can result in better premium rates.
- Claim Free – Drivers with accident-free driving histories pay less in comparison with accident-prone drivers.
- New Vehicle Savings – Insuring a vehicle that is new can be considerably cheaper because new model year vehicles are generally safer.
- Policy Bundle Discount – If you combine your homeowners and auto policies and place coverage with the same company you may earn over 10 percent off each policy depending on the company.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Low annual miles could earn substantially lower rates.
Drivers should understand that many deductions do not apply to your bottom line cost. Most only apply to individual premiums such as collision or personal injury protection. Even though it may seem like all those discounts means the company will pay you, insurance companies wouldn’t stay in business. Any amount of discount should help lower the cost of your policy.
The chart below compares Chevy Silverado insurance premiums with and without discounts being applied to the rates. The rate quotes are based on a male driver, no tickets, no at-fault accidents, Indiana state minimum liability limits, comp and collision included, and $1,000 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-car, marriage, homeowner, multi-policy, claim-free, and safe-driver discounts applied.
Auto insurance companies that may offer many of the previously listed discounts include:
If you want low cost Fort Wayne car insurance quotes, ask every insurance company how you can save money. All car insurance discounts might not be offered in Fort Wayne. To find companies with discount rates in Fort Wayne, click here.
Buying from insurance agencies
A small number of people still like to buy from a local agent and that is OK! Most agents can help you choose the best coverages and help you file claims. A nice benefit of price shopping on the web is the fact that you can find the best rates and still have a local agent.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this quick form, the coverage information is transmitted to local insurance agents in Fort Wayne who will give competitive quotes for your coverage. You won’t even need to search for an agent since rate quotes are delivered to the email address you provide. If you want to get a rate quote from a specific insurance company, you would need to jump over to their website and fill out the quote form the provide.
Selecting an company shouldn’t rely on just the price. These are some questions you should get answers to.
- Will you work with the agent or an assistant?
- Which company do they place the most coverage with?
- Who are their largest clients?
- Does the agency have a positive business rating?
- How long has their agency been in business in Fort Wayne?
After talking to the agent and getting positive responses to any questions you have and a low price estimate, you may have found an provider that meets your needs to provide insurance coverage. But remember, you can always terminate coverage whenever you want so never assume that you are permanently stuck with a policy for a certain time period.
Persistence is the key to cheap rates
As you prepare to switch companies, it’s a bad idea to reduce coverage to reduce premium. There are too many instances where consumers will sacrifice comprehensive coverage or liability limits and learned later that they should have had better coverage. Your objective should be to buy a smart amount of coverage at a price you can afford, but don’t skip important coverages to save money.
We’ve covered a lot of techniques to find lower-cost Chevy Silverado insurance in Fort Wayne. The key concept to understand is the more providers you compare, the better your chances of lowering your rates. You may even find the best prices are with the smaller companies.
Consumers who switch companies do it for many reasons like policy non-renewal, lack of trust in their agent, poor customer service and being labeled a high risk driver. Whatever your reason, finding a new car insurance company is less work than it seems.
For more information, feel free to visit the resources below:
- Determining Auto Insurance Rates (GEICO)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for a Toyota Corolla in Fort Wayne? (FAQ)
- How Much Auto Coverage do I Need? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Rental Car Insurance Tips (Insurance Information Institute)
- Auto Insurance Learning Center (State Farm)
- Protecting Teens from Drunk Driving (Insurance Information Institute)