A recent survey discovered that most drivers in Indiana have stayed with the same insurance company for well over three years, and approximately 40% of consumers have never taken the time to shop around. U.S. consumers can save up to $859 each year by just shopping around, but they mistakenly think it’s difficult to compare rates and save money.
If you want to save money, the best way to find affordable quotes for car insurance rates in Fort Wayne is to start doing a yearly price comparison from providers who can sell car insurance in Indiana.
- Learn about what coverages are included in your policy and the measures you can take to keep rates low. Many factors that cause rate increases like getting speeding tickets and your credit history can be remedied by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility. Keep reading for ideas to prevent high rates and get discounts that may be overlooked.
- Compare rates from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only give prices from a single company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while independent agents can quote prices for a wide range of insurance providers. View a list of agents
- Compare the new rate quotes to your current policy and determine if there is any savings. If you find a lower rate quote and switch companies, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Tell your current company to cancel your existing policy. Submit payment along with a signed and completed policy application for the new policy. Immediately put the new certificate verifying coverage somewhere easily accessible.
The key thing to know about shopping around is that you’ll want to make sure you compare similar deductibles and liability limits on every price quote and and to get rate quotes from as many carriers as you can. This guarantees an accurate price comparison and plenty of rates choose from.
Lowering your Honda Accord insurance rates isn’t really that difficult. You just need to take a few minutes to compare rate quotes online with multiple companies.
Doing price comparisons online is so simple that it makes it a waste of time to waste gas driving to all the different Fort Wayne insurance agencies. The fact that you can get quotes online makes this unnecessary unless your situation requires the professional assistance that can only be provided by a licensed insurance agent. Some companies do allow you to price shop your coverage online but purchase the actual policy in an agency.
The car insurance companies shown below are ready to provide free rate quotes in Fort Wayne, IN. To locate cheap car insurance in IN, it’s a good idea that you compare several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
Analysis of Honda Accord rates
The premium information shown next outlines a range of insurance policy prices for Honda Accord models. Being aware of how rates are calculated can be valuable when making informed decisions when comparing rate quotes.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Accord LX 4-Dr Sedan||$234||$442||$322||$20||$96||$1,114||$93|
|Accord EX 4-Dr Sedan||$234||$442||$322||$20||$96||$1,114||$93|
|Accord LX-P 4-Dr Sedan||$234||$442||$322||$20||$96||$1,114||$93|
|Accord EX-L 4-Dr Sedan||$268||$536||$322||$20||$96||$1,242||$104|
|Accord EX 2-Dr Coupe||$268||$632||$428||$26||$128||$1,482||$124|
|Accord LX-S 2-Dr Coupe||$268||$632||$428||$26||$128||$1,482||$124|
|Accord EX-L 2-Dr Coupe||$302||$632||$428||$26||$128||$1,516||$126|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Above prices assume single female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Indiana minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, homeowner, claim-free, multi-policy, and multi-vehicle. Rate quotes do not factor in the specific area where the vehicle is garaged which can affect rates considerably.
Buying auto insurance from Fort Wayne car insurance agents
A small number of people just want to talk to an insurance agent and doing that can be a smart decision Good insurance agents can make sure you are properly covered and will help you if you have claims. A nice benefit of comparing rate quotes online is that you can obtain lower rates and still choose a local agent. And supporting local agents is definitely important in Fort Wayne.
Once you complete this form (opens in new window), the quote information is submitted to companies in Fort Wayne who will give competitive quotes for your coverage. There is no need to do any legwork since rate quotes are delivered instantly to you. In the event you want to compare rates for a specific company, don’t hesitate to navigate to their website and give them your coverage information.
When searching for an insurance agent, it’s important to understand the different types of agencies and how they operate. Agents in Fort Wayne can be described as either exclusive agents or independent agents. Either one can insure your vehicles, but it’s worth learning why they differ since it could factor into which agent you choose.
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Agents of this type are not employed by one company so they have the ability to put coverage through many different auto insurance companies and help determine which has the cheapest rates. To transfer your coverage to a different company, they simply switch companies in-house without you having to go to a different agency.
When comparing rates, we recommend you contact at a minimum one independent agency for the best price selection.
Listed below is a short list of independent insurance agencies in Fort Wayne who may provide competitive price quotes.
Exclusive agencies can only provide one company’s prices and some examples include Farmers Insurance, American Family, State Farm and Allstate. They usually cannot provide other company’s prices so always compare other rates. They are trained well on the products they sell and that allows them to sell at a higher price point.
Below is a list of exclusive agents in Fort Wayne willing to provide comparison quotes.
American Family Insurance – Janie Laboube Agency Inc.
2810 Beaver Ave – Fort Wayne, IN 46807 – (260) 744-9798 – View Map
Finding the right insurance agent requires more thought than just a low price. Below are some questions you should ask.
- Are they properly licensed to sell insurance in Indiana?
- Do they review policy coverages at every renewal?
- Will vehicle repairs be made with aftermarket parts or OEM replacement parts?
- Does the agent have professional designations like CIC, CPCU or AIC?
- How many years have they been established?