We don’t have to point out that fact that auto insurance companies don’t want their customers to go rate shopping. Drivers who get comparison quotes at least once a year will, in all likelihood, buy a new policy because they have good chances of finding a lower rate. A survey found that drivers who compared prices regularly saved approximately $860 a year compared to those who don’t regularly compare prices.
If finding the cheapest price for Honda CR-V insurance in Fort Wayne is the reason you’re reading this, then knowing how to find companies and compare insurance coverage can save time, money, and frustration.
To save the most money, the best way to get low-cost auto insurance rates in Fort Wayne is to make a habit of regularly comparing prices from insurers that sell auto insurance in Indiana.
Step 1: Gain an understanding of how companies set rates and the measures you can take to prevent expensive coverage. Many things that result in higher rates such as your driving record and an imperfect credit score can be eliminated by making minor changes in your lifestyle. This article provides the details to help keep prices low and find discounts that you may qualify for.
Step 2: Request price quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only provide price estimates from a single company like GEICO or State Farm, while agents who are independent can provide rate quotes for a wide range of insurance providers.
Step 3: Compare the new quotes to your current policy premium to determine if switching companies saves money. If you find a lower rate quote and decide to switch, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
One thing to remember is to try to compare identical limits and deductibles on each quote and to quote with as many different companies as possible. This provides a level playing field and a good representation of prices.
Companies offering low-cost Honda CR-V prices in Fort Wayne, IN
The car insurance companies shown below have been selected to offer free rate quotes in Indiana. To buy cheap auto insurance in Fort Wayne, we recommend you visit two to three different companies to get the most affordable price.
Statistics and details
The rate information displayed below highlights estimates of insurance costs for Honda CR-V models. Learning a little about how premiums are formulated can help drivers make informed decisions.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|CR-V LX 2WD||$162||$294||$270||$16||$80||$822||$69|
|CR-V EX 2WD||$162||$294||$270||$16||$80||$822||$69|
|CR-V LX 4WD||$162||$294||$270||$16||$80||$822||$69|
|CR-V EX 4WD||$186||$294||$270||$16||$80||$846||$71|
|CR-V EX-L 2WD||$186||$294||$270||$16||$80||$846||$71|
|CR-V EX-L 4WD||$186||$294||$270||$16||$80||$846||$71|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Price data assumes single female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Indiana minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, homeowner, safe-driver, multi-policy, and claim-free. Prices do not factor in your specific Fort Wayne location which can alter premiums substantially.
The diagram below shows how different deductible levels and can change Honda CR-V insurance costs for different age groups. The costs are based on a married female driver, full physical damage coverage, and no additional discounts are factored in.
You may qualify for discounts for Honda CR-V insurance in Fort Wayne
Auto insurance is expensive, but you may be missing some discounts that may help make it more affordable. Many discounts should be triggered at quote time, but some may not be applied and must be manually applied prior to getting the savings.
- Distant Student Discount – College-age children living away from Fort Wayne attending college and do not have access to a covered vehicle may be insured at a cheaper rate.
- Anti-theft Discount – Vehicles that have factory anti-theft systems are stolen less frequently and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Save with a New Car – Buying a new car model is cheaper because newer models keep occupants safer.
- Multiple Cars – Buying insurance for multiple cars or trucks on one policy qualifies for this discount.
- Discount for Passive Restraints – Options like air bags or automatic seat belts may get savings up to 30%.
- Early Renewal Discounts – A few insurance companies allow discounts for switching policies before your current coverage expires. You can save around 10% with this discount.
- Employee of Federal Government – Employees or retirees of the government may qualify for a discount when you quote Fort Wayne auto insurance depending on your company.
- Fort Wayne Homeowners Discount – Being a homeowner can earn you a little savings because owning a home demonstrates responsibility.
- Good Grades Discount – Being a good student can save 20 to 25%. Most companies allow this discount well after school through age 25.
- No Charge for an Accident – This isn’t a discount exactly, but a handful of insurance companies will forgive one accident without getting socked with a rate hike so long as you haven’t had any claims prior to being involved in the accident.
Drivers should understand that most discounts do not apply to the entire cost. A few only apply to specific coverage prices like collision or personal injury protection. So even though you would think all those discounts means the company will pay you, you’re out of luck. But all discounts will cut your premiums.
The diagram below compares Honda CR-V auto insurance rates with and without some available policy discounts. Data assumes a female driver, no violations or accidents, Indiana state minimum liability limits, full coverage, and $500 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with claim-free, multi-car, homeowner, safe-driver, marriage, and multi-policy discounts applied.
To find providers who offer auto insurance discounts in Indiana, click here.
Independent versus exclusive insurance agents
Some consumers still prefer to buy from a local agent. Licensed agents are highly skilled in risk management and will help you if you have claims. A nice benefit of getting online price quotes is you can get the lowest rates and still have a local agent.
Once you complete this short form, your insurance coverage information is instantly submitted to participating agents in Fort Wayne that give free quotes for your insurance coverage. You won’t need to leave your house because quoted prices will be sent to you directly. If you wish to quote rates for a specific company, feel free to navigate to their website to submit a rate quote request.
Finding a good provider requires more thought than just a low price. These questions are important to ask:
- Will you be dealing directly with the agent or with a Custom Service Representative (CSR)?
- How much will you save each year by using a higher deductible?
- Will they make sure you get an adequate claim settlement?
- What discounts might you be missing?
- Which companies do they recommend if they are an independent agency?
- Is vehicle mileage a factor when determining depreciation for repairs?
When searching for an insurance agent, there are a couple of types of agencies and how they work. Fort Wayne agents are categorized either exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments. Either one can sell affordable insurance policies, but it’s worth mentioning why they differ because it can factor into which type of agent you select.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Exclusive agents can only provide one company’s prices like State Farm, Allstate, or Farmers Insurance. They generally cannot shop your coverage around so if the price isn’t competitive there isn’t much they can do. Exclusive agencies are very knowledgeable on the products they sell which helps overcome the inability to quote other rates. Many people use the same agent mainly due to high brand loyalty instead of buying on price only.
Shown below are exclusive insurance agents in Fort Wayne that can give you price quote information.
- Allstate Insurance: Susan L. Law
5308 St Joe Rd – Fort Wayne, IN 46835 – (260) 492-6254 – View Map
- Connie Stickler – State Farm Insurance Agent
7105 Old Trail Rd – Fort Wayne, IN 46809 – (260) 747-2626 – View Map
- Kent Paul – State Farm Insurance Agent
1505 W Dupont Rd – Fort Wayne, IN 46825 – (260) 478-2222 – View Map
Independent Insurance Agencies
Independent insurance agents are not locked into one company and that gives them the ability to insure through many different insurance companies depending on which coverage is best. If premiums increase, they simply move your policy to a different company and you can keep the same agent.
When comparing rate quotes, you definitely need to get several quotes from a couple of independent agencies to have the most options to choose from. They also have the ability to place coverage with small regional insurance companies which could offer lower prices.
Below are Fort Wayne independent agencies who can help you get rate quotes.
- GMI Insurance
6110 Bluffton Rd #110 – Fort Wayne, IN 46809 – (260) 478-9405 – View Map
- Hupe Insurance Services
7011 Stellhorn Rd – Fort Wayne, IN 46815 – (800) 701-5909 – View Map
- Wise Insurance Agency
7410 Bluffton Rd – Fort Wayne, IN 46809 – (260) 747-5373 – View Map
Compare. Compare. Compare.
More affordable insurance in Fort Wayne can be sourced from both online companies and also from your neighborhood Fort Wayne agents, so you need to quote Fort Wayne auto insurance with both to have the best selection. A few companies do not offer rates over the internet and usually these regional carriers provide coverage only through independent insurance agents.
We just showed you a lot of techniques to find cheaper Honda CR-V insurance in Fort Wayne. The most important thing to understand is the more quotes you get, the better your comparison will be. You may even discover the biggest savings come from a smaller regional carrier.
Insureds change insurance companies for a variety of reasons including policy cancellation, lack of trust in their agent, delays in paying claims or even being labeled a high risk driver. No matter why you want to switch, choosing a new company is easier than you think.
Much more information about insurance in Indiana can be read on the following sites:
- Understanding your Policy (NAIC.org)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Quotes for Active Military in Fort Wayne? (FAQ)
- How Much is Fort Wayne Car Insurance for a GMC Sierra? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Quotes for College Graduates in Fort Wayne? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Rates for a Jeep Grand Cherokee in Fort Wayne? (FAQ)
- How to Avoid Staged Accidents (State Farm)
- Comprehensive Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- Top Signs Your Brakes are Giving Out (State Farm)