A recent auto insurance study discovered that a large majority of auto insurance policyholders in Indiana kept their policy with the same company for well over three years, and about 40% of consumers have never compared rates with other companies. U.S. insurance shoppers could pocket 46.5% a year just by getting comparison quotes, but they think it’s difficult to compare rate quotes online.
The recommended way to save on Volkswagen Golf SportWagen insurance is to regularly compare price quotes from providers that sell auto insurance in Fort Wayne.
- Get a basic knowledge of what coverages are included in your policy and the measures you can take to prevent expensive coverage. Many policy risk factors that result in higher rates like accidents, careless driving, and a negative credit score can be controlled by making minor changes to your lifestyle.
- Quote rates from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can only provide price estimates from one company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while agents who are independent can provide rate quotes for a wide range of companies.
- Compare the price quotes to your current policy premium and see if there is a cheaper rate in Fort Wayne. If you can save some money, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
The most important part of shopping around is that you use the same deductibles and limits on each quote and and to compare every insurance company. Doing this ensures a fair rate comparison and the best price selection.
If you’re already insured, you will surely be able to reduce premiums using these techniques. This information will teach you the most effective way to quote insurance and also pocket some savings But Indiana vehicle owners need to learn how big insurance companies determine prices and use it to your advantage.
Companies offering low-cost Volkswagen Golf SportWagen rates in Fort Wayne, IN
The companies shown below can provide quotes in Fort Wayne, IN. To get the best car insurance in Fort Wayne, we suggest you get rates from several of them to get the best price comparison.
Get lower-cost rates with these five discounts
Companies do not advertise all discounts very clearly, so we break down some of the best known and also the lesser-known discounts you could be receiving when you buy Fort Wayne auto insurance online.
- Good Student – Maintaining excellent grades can get you a discount of up to 25%. You can use this discount normally up to age 25.
- Driver’s Education for Students – It’s a good idea to have your young drivers successfully take a driver’s education course as it can save substantially.
- Homeowners Savings – Owning your own home or condo may earn you a small savings because it demonstrates responsibility.
- Discounts for Multiple Vehicles – Insuring primary and secondary vehicles with the same insurance company can get a discount for every vehicle.
- Membership in Organizations – Belonging to qualifying clubs or civic groups is a good way to get lower rates on your bill.
Discounts reduce rates, but you should keep in mind that many deductions do not apply to all coverage premiums. Most only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as liability and collision coverage. Even though it may seem like all those discounts means the company will pay you, you’re out of luck.
The best insurance companies and the discounts they provide are:
- State Farm discounts include multiple policy, Drive Safe & Save, anti-theft, multiple autos, student away at school, passive restraint, and good driver.
- GEICO has savings for multi-policy, defensive driver, anti-theft, driver training, and good student.
- Liberty Mutual policyholders can earn discounts including safety features, new vehicle discount, newly married, multi-policy, and new move discount.
- The Hartford may include discounts for air bag, good student, anti-theft, bundle, and defensive driver.
- MetLife offers discounts including claim-free, multi-policy, accident-free, defensive driver, and good student.
- Progressive includes discounts for homeowner, good student, continuous coverage, multi-policy, online signing, online quote discount, and multi-vehicle.
Before purchasing a policy, check with every insurance company to apply every possible discount. Depending on the company, some discounts may not apply to policies in your area.
Will just any policy work for me?
When quoting and choosing insurance from an agent or online, there really is no cookie cutter policy. Your needs are not the same as everyone else’s and a cookie cutter policy won’t apply. These are some specific questions might point out if your situation would benefit from professional advice.
- Do I have coverage if I rent a car in Mexico?
- Do I need to file an SR-22 for a DUI in Indiana?
- Am I covered if I wreck a rental car?
- Does rental coverage apply when I am renting a car?
- What is motorclub and do I need it?
- Can I pay claims out-of-pocket if I buy high deductibles?
- Will I be non-renewed for getting a DUI or other conviction?
If you’re not sure about those questions but a few of them apply, then you may want to think about talking to an agent. To find an agent in your area, simply complete this short form or click here for a list of insurance companies in your area.
You may need advice from a local insurance agent
Certain consumers still like to sit down with an agent and that is recommended in a lot of cases A good thing about price shopping on the web is the fact that drivers can get cheap car insurance rates and still have a local agent.
For easy comparison, once you complete this simple form, your coverage information is transmitted to agents in your area who will give you quotes for your coverage. You never need to drive around since rate quotes are delivered directly to your email. You can find lower rates without a big time investment. If you have a need to quote rates from a specific company, feel free to find their quoting web page and fill out the quote form the provide.
Deciding on a company is decision based upon more than just the price. Below are some questions you should ask.
- Can you use your own choice of collision repair facility?
- Does the agent recommend any additional coverage?
- Who are their largest clients?
- Can glass claims be handled at your home?
- Has the agent ever had any license suspensions?
- Does the agency provide any after hours assistance?
If you’re trying to find a reputable agency, it’s helpful to know the different types of agents and how they work. Car insurance agencies can either be independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for.
Agents that choose to be exclusive have only one company to place business with and examples are Allstate, State Farm and Farmers Insurance. They usually cannot provide prices from multiple companies so you might not find the best rates. Exclusive insurance agents are very knowledgeable on the products they sell and that can be a competitive advantage. Consumers frequently buy from the same agent for years primarily because of the prominent brand name rather than low rates.
The following is a list of exclusive insurance agencies in Fort Wayne who may provide you with price quotes.
- Farmers Insurance – Adrian Hernandez
3474 Stellhorn Rd – Fort Wayne, IN 46815 – (260) 485-0122 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Rolly Bhargava
4660 W Jefferson Blvd Ste 100 – Fort Wayne, IN 46804 – (260) 459-7673 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Kevin Gwozdz
5721 Covington Rd – Fort Wayne, IN 46804 – (260) 436-2866 – View Map
Independent Car Insurance Agencies
Independent agents are not employed by any specific company so they can quote policies with multiple insurance companies depending on which coverage is best. If they find a lower price, your agent can just switch to a different company and you stay with the same agent.
When comparing car insurance prices, it’s a good idea to get insurance quotes from a few independent agents so that you have a good selection of quotes to compare. They also have the ability to place coverage with smaller mutual companies which may have better rates.
Listed below is a short list of independent agencies in Fort Wayne that are able to give comparison quotes.
- InsureOne Insurance Agency
3213 E State Blvd – Fort Wayne, IN 46805 – (260) 216-0024 – View Map
- Mathews Insurance Agency, Inc.
807 Lincoln Hwy W – New Haven, IN 46774 – (260) 749-9696 – View Map
- The DeHayes Group
5150 W Jefferson Blvd – Fort Wayne, IN 46804 – (260) 424-5600 – View Map
Auto insurance coverages
Understanding the coverages of a car insurance policy aids in choosing the best coverages at the best deductibles and correct limits. The coverage terms in a policy can be impossible to understand and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording. These are the usual coverages available from car insurance companies.
Medical payments and PIP coverage
Med pay and PIP coverage provide coverage for bills such as prosthetic devices, doctor visits and rehabilitation expenses. They can be used to fill the gap from your health insurance program or if you do not have health coverage. Coverage applies to all vehicle occupants in addition to getting struck while a pedestrian. Personal injury protection coverage is only offered in select states and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
Liability coverage can cover damage or injury you incur to people or other property in an accident. This coverage protects you against claims from other people, and does not provide coverage for damage to your own property or vehicle.
Coverage consists of three different limits, per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. Your policy might show values of 25/50/10 that means you have $25,000 in coverage for each person’s injuries, a total of $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of coverage for damaged property.
Liability can pay for claims such as repair costs for stationary objects, bail bonds and pain and suffering. How much liability coverage do you need? That is your choice, but consider buying higher limits if possible. Indiana state law requires minimum liability limits of 25/50/10 but you should think about purchasing more liability than the minimum.
The illustration below demonstrates why low liability limits may not be high enough to adequately cover claims.
UM/UIM (Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist) coverage
Your UM/UIM coverage gives you protection from other motorists when they do not carry enough liability coverage. This coverage pays for medical payments for you and your occupants as well as your vehicle’s damage.
Because many people have only the minimum liability required by law (25/50/10 in Indiana), their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. So UM/UIM coverage should not be overlooked.
Comprehensive auto coverage
Comprehensive insurance pays to fix your vehicle from damage from a wide range of events other than collision. You first have to pay a deductible then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive insurance covers claims like damage from a tornado or hurricane, hitting a deer, hail damage, a tree branch falling on your vehicle and rock chips in glass. The maximum amount you’ll receive from a claim is the cash value of the vehicle, so if the vehicle is not worth much it’s probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
Collision coverage pays for damage to your Golf SportWagen resulting from colliding with another car or object. You first must pay a deductible and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision can pay for things like hitting a mailbox, colliding with another moving vehicle, damaging your car on a curb, colliding with a tree and rolling your car. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so consider removing coverage from lower value vehicles. Drivers also have the option to bump up the deductible on your Golf SportWagen in order to get cheaper collision rates.
The lowest rates come from being thorough
In this article, we presented a lot of techniques to get a better price on Volkswagen Golf SportWagen insurance in Fort Wayne. It’s most important to understand that the more rate quotes you have, the higher your chance of finding affordable Fort Wayne auto insurance quotes. Consumers may even find the lowest prices come from some of the smallest insurance companies. They can often insure niche markets at a lower cost than their larger competitors like State Farm or Progressive.
Lower-priced Volkswagen Golf SportWagen insurance in Fort Wayne can be purchased online as well as from insurance agents, so you should be comparing quotes from both to have the best rate selection. Some car insurance companies do not offer online quoting and these smaller companies sell through independent insurance agents.
Additional detailed information can be read in the articles below:
- Understanding Your Insurance Deductible (Insurance Information Institute)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for a Ford Escape in Fort Wayne? (FAQ)
- How Much are Fort Wayne Auto Insurance Quotes for a Jeep Wrangler? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for Hybrid Vehicles in Fort Wayne? (FAQ)
- How Much is Fort Wayne Auto Insurance for Seniors? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance for Drivers Under 21 in Fort Wayne? (FAQ)
- What is Full Coverage? (Allstate)
- Rental Car Insurance Tips (Insurance Information Institute)
- How Much Auto Coverage do I Need? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Event Data Recorders FAQ (iihs.org)