We don’t have to tell you that car insurance companies don’t want you to look for cheaper rates. Drivers who rate shop once a year will probably switch to a new company because there is a good chance of finding a lower-priced policy. A recent survey found that people who routinely shopped around saved on average $72 a month as compared to drivers who never shopped around for cheaper prices.
If finding the best price on car insurance is your ultimate target, understanding the best ways to shop for car insurance can help simplify the task of finding more affordable coverage.
If saving money is your primary concern, then the best way to find low-cost Suzuki Forenza insurance in Fort Wayne is to compare prices at least once a year from providers in Indiana. Price quotes can be compared by completing these steps.
- Step 1: Read and learn about what coverages are included in your policy and the changes you can make to prevent expensive coverage. Many factors that cause high rates like at-fault accidents, careless driving, and a less-than-favorable credit rating can be controlled by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility. Keep reading for the details to find cheap rates and find additional discounts you may qualify for.
- Step 2: Quote rates from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct and exclusive agents can give quotes from a single company like Progressive and State Farm, while independent agencies can provide price quotes for a wide range of companies.
- Step 3: Compare the new rates to the premium of your current policy to determine if switching companies saves money. If you find a better price, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
- Step 4: Provide adequate notice to your current company to cancel the current policy and submit the application along with any required down payment for the new coverage. As soon as coverage is bound, put the new proof of insurance certificate with your vehicle’s registration.
An important note is to use the same deductibles and limits on every price quote and and to get prices from as many different companies as possible. Doing this guarantees an apples-to-apples comparison and a complete price analysis.
Finding quotes for the best policy in Fort Wayne is simple if you know the tricks. If you’re already insured or just want to reduce your rates, use these money-saving tips to find the best rates and possibly find even better coverage. Vehicle owners only have to learn the most time-saving way to compare insurance rates using one simple form.
Cutting your Fort Wayne auto insurance rates is an easy way to save money. All that’s required is to take the time comparing price quotes to find out which insurance company has low cost Fort Wayne auto insurance quotes.
Doing price comparisons online is so simple that it replaces the need to physically go to and from local Fort Wayne insurance agencies. Comparing Suzuki Forenza insurance rate quotes online makes this process obsolete unless you have a complicated situation and need the professional abilities of a local Fort Wayne agent. Although you can obtain prices from the web and still use a local agent.
The companies in the list below are ready to provide price quotes in Fort Wayne, IN. If you want to find cheap car insurance in Fort Wayne, it’s highly recommended you visit as many as you can in order to find the cheapest rates.
Car insurance policy discounts you can’t miss
Some insurers do not advertise their entire list of discounts in an easy-to-find place, so the below list has some of the more common as well as some of the hidden car insurance savings.
- E-sign – Some insurance companies will give you a small discount simply for signing digitally online.
- Senior Citizen Rates – If you’re over the age of 55, you can get a slight reduction on a Fort Wayne auto insurance quote.
- No Charge for an Accident – This one isn’t a discount, but some companies like Allstate and Progressive may permit one accident without raising rates if you are claim-free before the accident.
- Anti-theft Discount – Anti-theft and alarm system equipped vehicles are less likely to be stolen and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Driving Data Discount – People who choose to allow their insurance company to monitor their driving habits by installing a telematics device such as Allstate’s Drivewise and State Farm’s In-Drive system may see discounts if they exhibit good driving behavior.
- Seat Belts Save – Drivers who require all vehicle occupants to fasten their seat belts can save up to 15% on the medical payments or PIP coverage costs.
A little disclaimer on discounts, many deductions do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Some only apply to individual premiums such as liability, collision or medical payments. Even though it appears having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, it’s just not the way it works.
For a list of providers who offer car insurance discounts in Fort Wayne, click this link.
Three reasons to insure your Suzuki Forenza
Despite the high cost, insuring your vehicle serves an important purpose.
- Most states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means state laws require a specific minimum amount of liability insurance coverage in order to drive the car legally. In Indiana these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Forenza has a loan, it’s most likely the lender will require that you have insurance to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totaled. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the bank may buy a policy for your Suzuki for a lot more money and make you pay for the expensive policy.
- Car insurance protects both your vehicle and your personal assets. It will also provide coverage for medical bills for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. Liability coverage also covers legal expenses if you are sued as the result of your driving. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, collision and comprehensive coverages will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of buying car insurance outweigh the cost, especially when you need to use it. In a recent study of 1,000 drivers, the average customer is currently overpaying as much as $810 a year so we recommend shopping around at every renewal to ensure rates are inline.
Tailor your insurance coverage to you
When buying adequate coverage for your personal vehicles, there really isn’t a “best” method to buy coverage. Your needs are unique to you.
For instance, these questions can aid in determining if your situation might need an agent’s assistance.
- How high should my uninsured/underinsured coverage be in Indiana?
- Am I covered if I crash into my own garage door?
- What is high-risk coverage and where do I buy it?
- When do I need to add a new car to my policy?
- Is a blown tire covered by insurance?
- How much liability do I need to cover my assets?
- Does my insurance cover a custom paint job?
- What is the premium to book value ratio for dropping full coverage?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions then you might want to talk to an agent. If you don’t have a local agent, take a second and complete this form. It’s fast, doesn’t cost anything and may give you better protection.
Compare rate quotes but buy from a local neighborhood Fort Wayne car insurance agent
Many people just prefer to talk to an insurance agent and that can be a great decision Good agents can make sure you are properly covered and help in the event of a claim. A good thing about getting free rate quotes online is that you can find the lowest rates but also keep your business local. And providing support for neighborhood agents is important particularly in Fort Wayne.
Upon completion of this quick form, your insurance coverage information is emailed to local insurance agents who will give you quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. You never need to find an agent because quoted prices will be sent directly to your email. If you need to get a price quote for a specific company, just jump over to their website and submit a quote form there.
If you want to use an insurance agent, there are two different agency structures that you can select. Agents in Fort Wayne are considered either exclusive or independent. Both handle car insurance, but it is important to understand the difference between them since it can affect the type of agent you choose.
Independent Car Insurance Agencies or Brokers
These agents are not employed by any specific company and that is an advantage because they can write policies with any number of different companies and find you the best rates. If they find a cheaper price, your agent can switch companies and that require little work on your part.
When comparing car insurance prices, you should always include price quotes from independent agents for the best price selection.
Featured below are independent agencies in Fort Wayne who can help you get cheap rate quotes.
Exclusive Car Insurance Agencies
Agents of this type can only place business with one company and some examples include Farmers Insurance, State Farm, or Allstate. They generally cannot compare rates from other companies so if the price isn’t competitive there isn’t much they can do. Exclusive agents receive a lot of sales training on their company’s products which helps offset the inability to provide other markets.
Below are exclusive insurance agencies in Fort Wayne willing to provide price quotes.
Valentine White-Xayarath – State Farm Insurance Agent
5533 S Anthony Blvd – Fort Wayne, IN 46806 – (260) 447-1074 – View Map
Selecting an insurance agent should depend on more than just a cheap price quote. The questions below may impact your decision as well.
- Are they involved in claim handling?
- Are all drivers listed on the coverage quote?
- What will you get paid if your car is a total loss? How is that amount determined?
- Is there a 24/7 contact number?
- Do you work with a CSR or direct with the agent?
- What insurance companies do they work with in Fort Wayne?
- How long have they worked with personal auto insurance coverage?
- Will a damage claim use OEM or aftermarket replacement parts?
Upon getting satisfactory answers to any questions you may have and an affordable coverage quote, most likely you have located an insurance agency that is reputable and can properly insure your vehicles. Just keep in mind once you purchase a policy you can cancel your coverage at any point so never assume that you are obligated to your new company with no way to switch.