The best way to find the cheapest price for Subaru Crosstrek insurance is to start comparing prices yearly from companies in Fort Wayne. Drivers can shop around by completing these steps.
- Step 1: Get a basic knowledge of how insurance works and the factors you can control to keep rates in check. Many policy risk factors that cause rate increases such as speeding tickets, careless driving and a substandard credit score can be remedied by making lifestyle changes or driving safer.
- Step 2: Compare rates from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can provide rates from a single company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while agents who are independent can provide price quotes for a wide range of companies.
- Step 3: Compare the quotes to the price on your current policy and determine if there is any savings. If you find a lower rate quote and make a switch, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
A good piece of advice is that you’ll want to compare identical deductibles and limits on each quote request and and to compare all possible companies. This helps ensure an apples-to-apples comparison and a good representation of prices.
A recent NerdWallet.com study revealed that the majority of drivers have purchased from the same company for over three years, and approximately 40% of consumers have never quoted rates to find affordable coverage. Many consumers in Indiana can save up to 55% each year, but they mistakenly think it’s difficult to compare rates online.
The most recommended method to compare insurance rates in your area is to take advantage of the fact auto insurance companies pay for the opportunity to compare their rates. To begin a comparison, all you need to do is provide details like if you have a valid license, if you lease or own, if you require a SR-22, and types of safety features. Those rating factors is submitted instantly to many highly-rated insurers and they respond with quotes quickly.
To compare rates for your Subaru Crosstrek now, click here and complete the form.
The companies shown below are our best choices to provide free quotes in Indiana. If your goal is to find the best cheap auto insurance in Fort Wayne, IN, we recommend you get rates from several of them to get the lowest price.
These discounts can lower your auto insurance rates
Some companies do not list their entire list of discounts very clearly, so the following list contains a few of the more common and the harder-to-find credits that you can use to lower your rates.
- Cautious Driver Discount – Drivers without accidents may save up to 50% more than their less cautious counterparts.
- Student Discount for Driver Training – Teen drivers should take driver’s ed class as it will make them better drivers and lower rates.
- Multi-car Discount – Buying coverage for multiple cars or trucks on a single policy qualifies for this discount.
- Senior Discount – If you qualify as a senior citizen, you can possibly qualify for a discount up to 10%.
- Telematics Discount – People who choose to allow their auto insurance company to track their driving habits by using a small device installed in their vehicle like Drivewise from Allstate or In-Drive from State Farm could save a few bucks as long as they are good drivers.
- Anti-lock Brakes – Cars and trucks that have anti-lock braking systems can reduce accidents and earn discounts up to 10%.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Low annual miles can qualify you for lower rates on the low mileage vehicles.
A little note about advertised discounts, many deductions do not apply to your bottom line cost. Most only cut specific coverage prices like collision or personal injury protection. So despite the fact that it appears all the discounts add up to a free policy, companies don’t profit that way.
Popular auto insurance companies and some of the discounts are outlined below.
- State Farm may include discounts for multiple autos, student away at school, safe vehicle, good driver, and accident-free.
- Farmers Insurance discounts include homeowner, early shopping, teen driver, switch companies, business and professional, and electronic funds transfer.
- GEICO has discounts for federal employee, multi-vehicle, anti-theft, membership and employees, air bags, defensive driver, and five-year accident-free.
- American Family offers discounts for mySafetyValet, good driver, good student, early bird, air bags, and defensive driver.
- Nationwide has savings for easy pay, anti-theft, business or organization, multi-policy, Farm Bureau membership, defensive driving, and accident-free.
- Progressive offers discounts including homeowner, continuous coverage, online quote discount, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, online signing, and good student.
When comparing rates, check with each company which discounts you qualify for. Discounts may not apply to policyholders in Fort Wayne.
Car insurance is not optional but you don’t have to overpay
Despite the high insurance cost for a Subaru Crosstrek in Fort Wayne, car insurance is mandatory in Indiana but it also protects more than you think.
- The majority of states have minimum liability requirements which means state laws require a specific level of liability if you want to drive legally. In Indiana these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Subaru Crosstrek has a lienholder, most banks will require that you buy insurance to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the bank may insure your Subaru at a much higher rate and force you to pay the higher premium.
- Insurance protects both your assets and your car. It will also cover most medical and hospital costs that are the result of an accident. Liability coverage will also pay for a defense attorney in the event you are sued. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance are definitely more than the cost, especially for larger claims. In a recent study of 1,000 drivers, the average customer is overpaying more than $700 annually so shop around at least once a year to save money.
Compare rates but still have a local Fort Wayne insurance agent
Certain consumers would rather have an agent’s advice. Professional agents are trained risk managers and help you file claims. An additional benefit of comparing insurance prices online is the fact that drivers can get cheap auto insurance rates and also buy local. Buying from and supporting local agents is important particularly in Fort Wayne.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this quick form, your information is instantly submitted to local insurance agents in Fort Wayne who will return price quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. You never need to find an agent on your own due to the fact that quote results will go to your email. In the event you want to quote rates from a particular provider, you would need to navigate to their website and fill out their quote form.
Two types of Fort Wayne car insurance agents
If you are searching for an insurance agent, there are two different agency structures and how they can service your needs differently. Agents in Fort Wayne can be described as either independent agents or exclusive agents. Both can do a good job, but it’s a good idea to understand the subtle differences because it can factor into buying decisions.
Independent Auto Insurance Agents (or Brokers)
Agents that choose to be independent are not employed by any specific company and that allows them to write policies with multiple insurance companies and help determine which has the cheapest rates. If they quote lower rates, the agent simply finds a different carrier which makes it simple for you.
When comparing auto insurance rates, you absolutely need to get several quotes from at least one independent agent so that you have a good selection of quotes to compare. Many independent agencies also insure through smaller regional carriers which can be an advantage.
Listed below is a partial list of independent agencies in Fort Wayne that may be able to give pricing information.
- Synergy Financial Group
9326 Coldwater Rd – Fort Wayne, IN 46825 – (260) 490-8822 – View Map
- Lupke Rice Insurance-Financial
127 W Berry St # 500 – Fort Wayne, IN 46802 – (260) 424-4150 – View Map
- Northern Insurance
7113 W Jefferson Blvd – Fort Wayne, IN 46804 – (260) 969-5613 – View Map
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agencies
Exclusive agencies work for only one company and examples are Allstate, AAA, Farmers Insurance, and State Farm. Exclusive agents cannot compare other company’s rates so they have no alternatives for high prices. Exclusive agencies are usually quite knowledgeable on the products they sell which can be an advantage. Consumers sometimes use the same agent mostly because of the prominence of the brand and strong financial ratings.
Shown below are exclusive agencies in Fort Wayne that are able to give price quote information.
- Valentine White-Xayarath – State Farm Insurance Agent
5533 S Anthony Blvd – Fort Wayne, IN 46806 – (260) 447-1074 – View Map
- American Family Insurance – Tara Witham
4011 W Jefferson Blvd #175 – Fort Wayne, IN 46804 – (260) 434-4440 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Steven Westrick
8938 Lima Rd Suite R – Fort Wayne, IN 46818 – (260) 489-3977 – View Map
Choosing an insurance agent requires more thought than just the quoted price. Any agent in Fort Wayne should have no problem answering these questions:
- How experienced are they in personal risk management?
- Are they paid to recommend certain coverages?
- If you have an accident, are you able to get your vehicle repaired at the shop of your choice?
- When do they do a full risk review?
- Does the agent have a valid license to sell insurance in Indiana?
Once you have received good feedback to any questions you may have and an affordable coverage quote, you may have just found an auto insurance agent that can be relied on to properly service your auto insurance policy.