Shockingly, the vast majority of insurance customers kept buying from the same company for a minimum of four years, and approximately 38% of consumers have never shopped around. With the average premium in Indiana being $1,390, drivers could save $700 each year just by getting comparison quotes, but they underestimate the actual amount they would save if they switched to a more affordable policy.
If you want to save money, the best way to get cheaper Saab 9-7X insurance is to compare prices annually from insurance carriers that sell auto insurance in Fort Wayne. Rates can be compared by following these steps.
First, get an understanding of policy coverages and the modifications you can make to prevent rate increases. Many factors that result in higher rates such as speeding and your credit history can be amended by making minor changes to your lifestyle.
Second, compare prices from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can provide rates from one company like Progressive and State Farm, while agents who are independent can provide prices from multiple insurance companies. View a list of agents
Third, compare the new rate quotes to your existing policy to see if you can save by switching companies. If you find a lower rate and change companies, ensure coverage does not lapse between policies.
Fourth, tell your current agent or company of your decision to cancel the current policy. Submit the required down payment along with the signed application for the new policy. Don’t forget to place the new proof of insurance certificate in a readily accessible location in your vehicle.
A tip to remember is to make sure you’re comparing the same amount of coverage on each quote request and and to get price quotes from as many carriers as you can. This guarantees an apples-to-apples comparison and many rates to choose from.
Our objective is to teach you the most effective ways to compare rates and some tricks to saving. If you already have coverage, you will surely be able to shop for the lowest rates using the techniques covered below. Smart buyers only need an understanding of the least time-consuming way to compare different rates from many companies at once.
Lower rates by qualifying for discounts
Buying insurance is not cheap, but you may find discounts that could help you make your next renewal payment. Many discounts should be triggered at the time you complete a quote, but a few need to be specifically requested before you get the savings.
- No Accidents – Insureds who avoid accidents and claims get the best insurance rates as opposed to accident-prone drivers.
- Pay Upfront and Save – If you pay your entire premium ahead of time instead of paying each month you can avoid the installment charge.
- Military Rewards – Having an actively deployed family member can result in better prices.
- Responsible Driver Discount – Drivers without accidents could pay up to 40% less than their less cautious counterparts.
- Distant College Student Discount – College-age children living away from Fort Wayne attending college and do not have access to a covered vehicle may be able to be covered for less.
- Multiple Policy Discount – If you combine your home and auto policies with one insurance company you may earn up to 20% and get you cheaper 9-7X insurance.
Don’t be surprised that most of the big mark downs will not be given to the overall cost of the policy. A few only apply to individual premiums such as comprehensive or collision. If you do the math and it seems like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, you’re out of luck.
A few of the larger companies and some of the premium reductions they offer are detailed below.
- State Farm may have discounts that include anti-theft, Drive Safe & Save, student away at school, driver’s education, and multiple autos.
- Progressive has savings for online quote discount, multi-policy, online signing, continuous coverage, and multi-vehicle.
- Progressive has discounts for homeowner, continuous coverage, online quote discount, good student, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, and online signing.
- MetLife offers discounts including defensive driver, multi-policy, claim-free, good driver, good student, and accident-free.
- Farm Bureau offers premium reductions for driver training, youthful driver, safe driver, multi-policy, and good student.
- GEICO may offer discounts for emergency military deployment, membership and employees, anti-lock brakes, federal employee, five-year accident-free, good student, and military active duty.
- SAFECO includes discounts for multi-car, anti-lock brakes, homeowner, teen safety rewards, accident prevention training, anti-theft, and drive less.
If you need lower rates, check with each company to give you their best rates. Some credits may not be available in your area. To find insurers offering insurance discounts in Fort Wayne, click here.
Cutting your Fort Wayne car insurance rates is a great way to save money. All that’s required is to invest a few minutes comparing rate quotes from different insurance companies.
The following companies are our best choices to provide quotes in Fort Wayne, IN. If your goal is to find cheap auto insurance in Fort Wayne, it’s a good idea that you visit two to three different companies to get a more complete price comparison.
When in doubt talk to an agent
Always remember that when buying adequate coverage for your personal vehicles, there really isn’t a “best” method to buy coverage. Every insured’s situation is different.
These are some specific questions might help in determining if your insurance needs will benefit from professional help.
- Is other people’s property covered if stolen from my vehicle?
- Is my Saab 9-7X covered for flood damage?
- Does coverage extend to my business vehicle?
- What is motorclub and do I need it?
- How do I insure my teen driver?
- Is my nanny covered when transporting my kids?
- Can I rent a car in Mexico?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but one or more may apply to you, then you may want to think about talking to an insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, take a second and complete this form. It is quick, free and can help protect your family.
Local Fort Wayne car insurance agents
Many people prefer to get professional advice from a licensed agent and that is a smart decision Most agents can point out coverage gaps and help you file claims. One of the best bonuses of price shopping on the web is you may find lower car insurance rates but still work with a licensed agent. Putting coverage with neighborhood insurance agencies is definitely important in Fort Wayne.
Upon completion of this short form, your information is sent to insurance agents in Fort Wayne who will give you quotes for your coverage. It makes it easy because there is no need to contact any agents since rate quotes are delivered to your email. If you wish to quote rates from a specific company, you can always find their quoting web page to submit a rate quote request.
The different types of car insurance agents
If you want to buy insurance from a reputable agency, there are a couple of different types of agencies from which to choose. Insurance agents in Fort Wayne can either be independent agents or exclusive agents. Either type can write policy coverage, but it is a good idea to know why they differ since it can impact which agent you choose.
Independent Insurance Agents
These type of agents are not required to write business for one company so as a result can place your coverage with multiple insurance companies depending on which coverage is best. To move your coverage to a new company, they simply switch companies in-house without you having to go to a different agency. If you are trying to find cheaper rates, we recommend you compare prices from independent agents to have the best price comparison. Most have the option of insuring with less well-known companies which may have better rates.
The following are Fort Wayne independent insurance agents who may provide pricing information.
- Northern Insurance
7113 W Jefferson Blvd – Fort Wayne, IN 46804 – (260) 969-5613 – View Map
- Hupe Insurance Services
7011 Stellhorn Rd – Fort Wayne, IN 46815 – (800) 701-5909 – View Map
- Hoch Insurance Inc
209 E Washington Center Rd – Fort Wayne, IN 46825 – (260) 471-7555 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Agents of this type have only one company to place business with and examples are Farmers Insurance and State Farm. Exclusive agents are unable to place coverage with different providers so always compare other rates. Exclusive agencies receive a lot of sales training on their products and sales techniques which can be an advantage. Consumers frequently use the same agent primarily because of the brand rather than having the cheapest rates.
The following are Fort Wayne exclusive insurance agencies willing to provide comparison quotes.
- Scott Robinson – State Farm Insurance Agent
4705 Illinois Rd Ste 100 – Fort Wayne, IN 46804 – (260) 744-3218 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Jay Raj
702 W Coliseum Blvd d – Fort Wayne, IN 46808 – (260) 484-5577 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Justin Harkelroad
8812 Coldwater Rd – Fort Wayne, IN 46825 – (260) 489-0156 – View Map
Finding the right car insurance agent should depend on more than just a cheap quote. These are valid questions to ask:
- Is the coverage adequate for your vehicle?
- What insurance companies do they work with in Fort Wayne?
- Which family members are covered?
- Where are claims handled?
- Do they write coverage based solely on cost?
Fort Wayne car insurance company ratings
Finding the highest-rated company is hard considering how many different companies insure vehicles in Indiana. The information shown next may help you decide which companies to look at shopping prices with.
Top 10 Fort Wayne Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Satisfaction
- USAA – 92%
- Erie Insurance – 88%
- American Family – 88%
- State Farm – 88%
- Nationwide – 88%
- 21st Century – 88%
- AAA Insurance – 87%
- Liberty Mutual – 87%
- Farmers Insurance – 87%
- The Hartford – 87%
Top 10 Fort Wayne Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Service
- State Farm
- Safeco Insurance
- American Family
- Titan Insurance
- Liberty Mutual
- Erie Insurance
Shop around and save
We just presented a lot of information how to find cheap Saab 9-7X insurance in Fort Wayne. The key concept to understand is the more times you quote, the higher your chance of finding inexpensive Fort Wayne car insurance quotes. You may even discover the lowest priced insurance comes from some of the lesser-known companies.
As you quote Fort Wayne car insurance, it’s a bad idea to reduce coverage to reduce premium. In many instances, consumers will sacrifice comprehensive coverage or liability limits only to find out that the small savings ended up costing them much more. The proper strategy is to buy enough coverage for the lowest cost, not the least amount of coverage.
There are still a few companies who may not have internet price quotes and many times these smaller companies provide coverage only through independent insurance agents. Cheap Saab 9-7X insurance in Fort Wayne can be purchased both online and from local insurance agents, and you need to price shop both to have the best chance of lowering rates.
Additional information can be found at the links below
- Neck Injury FAQ (iihs.org)
- Who Has Affordable Fort Wayne Auto Insurance for College Students? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for Teenage Females in Fort Wayne? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for a Nissan Altima in Fort Wayne? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Quotes for Real Estate Agents in Fort Wayne? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance for Felons in Fort Wayne? (FAQ)
- How Much is Fort Wayne Car Insurance for a GMC Sierra? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Rates for Teenage Males in Fort Wayne? (FAQ)
- What if I Can’t Find Coverage? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Distracted Driving Extends Beyond Texting (State Farm)
- Electronic Stability Control FAQ (iihs.org)
- Crash Avoidance Technologies FAQ (iihs.org)