Do you want an efficient way to compare more affordable auto insurance rates in Fort Wayne, IN? Fort Wayne consumers have a choice when looking for the lowest priced Mercedes-Benz C350 insurance. You can either waste hours struggling with agents to get rate comparisons or use the internet to make rate comparisons. There are both good and bad ways to compare auto insurance rates so you’re going to learn the best way to quote coverages for a new or used Mercedes-Benz and find the cheapest rates either online or from Fort Wayne insurance agents.
A study showed that a large majority of drivers kept their policy with the same company for more than four years, and nearly 40% of drivers have never compared rates to find cheaper insurance. Consumers in the United States could cut their rates by approximately $859 a year, but they just assume it’s a time-consuming process to find cheaper auto insurance rates.
It’s important to do price comparisons before your policy renews since prices are adjusted regularly by insurance companies. Even if you got the best rates on Mercedes-Benz C350 insurance in Fort Wayne on your last policy you will most likely find a better premium rate today. There is lot of inaccurate information about C350 insurance online but you can learn the easiest ways to save money.
If you already have coverage or just want cheaper rates, you can follow these tips to reduce premiums without having to cut coverage. The goal of this article is to teach you how to get online quotes and some tips to save money. You only need to know the tricks to get comparison rates instantly.
Lower rate quotes by taking advantage of these six discounts
Auto insurance companies don’t list every discount they offer in an easy-to-find place, so the list below contains some of the more common and the more hidden discounts that may be available.
- Pay Early and Save – If you pay your bill all at once rather than paying monthly you could save 5% or more.
- Good Driver Discount – Drivers who don’t get into accidents can save up to 40% or more on their Fort Wayne auto insurance quote than drivers with accidents.
- Federal Employees – Having worked for a branch of the government can earn a discount up to 10% depending on your company.
- Data Collection Discounts – Policyholders that allow their auto insurance company to track their driving habits remotely such as Allstate’s Drivewise and State Farm’s In-Drive system could see a rate decrease if they exhibit good driving behavior.
- Life Insurance – Insurance companies who offer life insurance give a lower premium rate if you buy some life insurance too.
- Passive Restraints and Air Bags – Vehicles with factory air bags or motorized seat belts may qualify for discounts of 25 to 30%.
It’s important to note that most of the big mark downs will not be given to the entire policy premium. Some only apply to individual premiums such as liability and collision coverage. Despite the appearance that having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, it just doesn’t work that way.
The information below illustrates the comparison of Mercedes-Benz C350 yearly insurance costs with and without discounts. The information is based on a male driver, a clean driving record, no at-fault accidents, Indiana state minimum liability limits, comprehensive and collision coverage, and $500 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-car, homeowner, multi-policy, safe-driver, claim-free, and marriage discounts applied.
Larger auto insurance companies and a partial list of their discounts can be read below.
- 21st Century has savings for automatic seat belts, anti-lock brakes, driver training, early bird, 55 and older, and air bags.
- Progressive offers discounts including online signing, good student, online quote discount, continuous coverage, and multi-vehicle.
- State Farm policyholders can earn discounts including Steer Clear safe driver discount, driver’s education, good driver, anti-theft, multiple policy, and good student.
- Nationwide includes discounts for multi-policy, good student, family plan, defensive driving, accident-free, Farm Bureau membership, and easy pay.
- Esurance may offer discounts for claim free, Switch & Save, defensive driver, emergency road assistance, and anti-theft.
- The Hartford discounts include driver training, good student, vehicle fuel type, anti-theft, and defensive driver.
When getting free Fort Wayne auto insurance quotes, it’s a good idea to each company to apply every possible discount. Some of the discounts discussed earlier may not be offered in your area. If you would like to see a list of companies that offer discounts in Fort Wayne, follow this link.
Getting a cheaper price on insurance can be relatively painless. Just spend a few minutes on the computer getting comparison quotes online from several insurance companies.
The auto insurance companies shown below can provide price comparisons in Indiana. If you wish to find cheap car insurance in Fort Wayne, we recommend you visit two to three different companies to get a more complete price comparison.
Data for Mercedes-Benz C350 insurance
The premium table shown below highlights different insurance prices for Mercedes-Benz C350 models. Having a good grasp of how insurance policy rates are determined can aid in making decisions when shopping around.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|C350 W 4-Dr Sedan||$262||$610||$318||$18||$94||$1,302||$109|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Price data assumes single male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Indiana minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, claim-free, and safe-driver. Premium amounts do not factor in specific garaging location which can decrease or increase rates noticeably.
The diagram below shows how choosing a deductible and can increase or decrease Mercedes-Benz C350 insurance premiums for different categories of driver ages. The data assumes a married male driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, and no discounts are factored in.
Full coverage versus liability-only
The illustration below illustrates the comparison of Mercedes-Benz C350 insurance rates with full physical damage coverage compared to only buying liability only. The rates are based on no driving violations, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, marital status is single, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
When to eliminate full coverage
There is no exact formula for dropping physical damage insurance, but there is a general school of thought. If the yearly cost for physical damage coverage is about 10% or more of the vehicle’s replacement cost less your deductible, then you might consider buying liability only.
For example, let’s say your Mercedes-Benz C350 replacement cost is $4,000 and you have $1,000 policy deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled in an accident, the most your company will settle for is $3,000 after paying your deductible. If it’s costing in excess of $300 a year for comprehensive and collision coverage, then it may be the right time to buy liability only.
There are a few situations where eliminating full coverage is not advised. If you haven’t satisfied your loan, you have to carry full coverage in order to prevent the bank from purchasing higher-priced coverage. Also, if your emergency fund is not enough to purchase a different vehicle in case of an accident, you should not buy liability only.
Insurance agents can help
When quoting and choosing insurance from an agent or online, there really isn’t a perfect coverage plan. Coverage needs to be tailored to your specific needs so your insurance should reflect that For instance, these questions may help highlight whether or not you might need professional guidance.
- Can my babysitter drive my car?
- Is other people’s property covered if stolen from my vehicle?
- What if an uninsured driver hits me?
- Should I rate my Mercedes-Benz C350 as pleasure use or commute?
- What if a claim settlement is too low?
- How high should deductibles be on a Mercedes-Benz C350?
- What policy terms are available?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but a few of them apply, you might consider talking to an agent. To find an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form or click here for a list of car insurance companies in your area. It only takes a few minutes and may give you better protection.
Local Fort Wayne insurance agents
A small number of people prefer to have an agent’s advice and that is OK! Agents can point out coverage gaps and will help you if you have claims. The best thing about getting free rate quotes online is the fact that drivers can get cheaper car insurance rates and still have an agent to talk to.
To find an agent, once you fill out this simple form, the quote information is submitted to insurance agents in Fort Wayne who will give competitive quotes for your insurance coverage. It makes it easy because there is no need to search for an agent due to the fact that quote results will go straight to your inbox. In the event you want to get a rate quote for a specific company, don’t hesitate to search and find their rate quote page and submit a quote form there.
Picking an company should include more criteria than just the quoted price. The following questions are important to ask.
- Will one accident increase rates?
- Do they see any coverage gaps in your plan?
- Does their agency support local causes in Fort Wayne?
- Do they get extra compensation for selling add-on coverages?
- Are you getting all the discounts the company offers?
- Will they take your side in the event of a claim?
Listed below are agents in Fort Wayne who can help you get price quote information for Mercedes-Benz C350 insurance in Fort Wayne.
- Synergy Financial Group
9326 Coldwater Rd – Fort Wayne, IN 46825 – (260) 490-8822 – View Map
- Stewart Brimner Group
3702 Rupp Dr – Fort Wayne, IN 46815 – (260) 482-6900 – View Map
- Hylant Group
6714 Pointe Inverness Way #100 – Fort Wayne, IN 46804 – (260) 969-3900 – View Map
- Sam Till Jr – State Farm Insurance Agent
615 Goshen Ave – Fort Wayne, IN 46808 – (260) 482-9623 – View Map
Why you need insurance for your Mercedes-Benz C350
Even though it’s not necessarily cheap to insure a Mercedes-Benz in Fort Wayne, paying for auto insurance serves several important purposes.
- Most states have minimum liability requirements which means state laws require a specific level of liability insurance coverage in order to drive the car. In Indiana these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your vehicle, most lenders will have a requirement that you carry insurance to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If you do not keep the policy in force, the lender may insure your Mercedes-Benz at a much higher premium rate and require you to pay for the much more expensive policy.
- Insurance protects both your car and your assets. Insurance will also pay for most medical and hospital costs for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, collision and comprehensive coverages will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of insuring your car more than cancel out the cost, especially with large liability claims. An average driver in America is wasting up to $700 annually so you should quote and compare rates at every renewal to save money.
Auto insurance coverage options for a Mercedes-Benz C350
Understanding the coverages of a auto insurance policy aids in choosing which coverages you need at the best deductibles and correct limits. The terms used in a policy can be ambiguous and coverage can change by endorsement. Below you’ll find typical coverage types found on most auto insurance policies.
This coverage protects you and your vehicle’s occupants from other drivers when they either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. This coverage pays for hospital bills for your injuries and damage to your Mercedes-Benz C350.
Since many Indiana drivers have only the minimum liability required by law (25/50/10 in Indiana), it doesn’t take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. So UM/UIM coverage should not be overlooked.
Medical costs insurance
Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage reimburse you for short-term medical expenses for doctor visits, funeral costs, rehabilitation expenses and dental work. They are used to fill the gap from your health insurance policy or if you do not have health coverage. It covers all vehicle occupants and will also cover any family member struck as a pedestrian. Personal injury protection coverage is only offered in select states but can be used in place of medical payments coverage
Comprehensive or Other Than Collision
This pays for damage from a wide range of events other than collision. A deductible will apply then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage protects against things like damage from flooding, rock chips in glass, fire damage and a broken windshield. The maximum payout you’ll receive from a claim is the cash value of the vehicle, so if it’s not worth much more than your deductible consider removing comprehensive coverage.
Coverage for liability
This protects you from damage that occurs to a person or their property that is your fault. It protects YOU from claims by other people, and does not provide coverage for damage sustained by your vehicle in an accident.
Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. Your policy might show policy limits of 25/50/10 which stand for $25,000 in coverage for each person’s injuries, a per accident bodily injury limit of $50,000, and a limit of $10,000 paid for damaged property.
Liability coverage protects against claims such as funeral expenses, emergency aid and loss of income. How much liability should you purchase? That is a decision to put some thought into, but buy higher limits if possible. Indiana requires drivers to carry at least 25/50/10 but you should consider buying better liability coverage.
The next chart shows why buying minimum limits may not be high enough to cover claims.
Collision coverage covers damage to your C350 resulting from a collision with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. You will need to pay your deductible then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision coverage pays for claims like scraping a guard rail, crashing into a building, sustaining damage from a pot hole, damaging your car on a curb and hitting a mailbox. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from older vehicles. Another option is to raise the deductible on your C350 to bring the cost down.
Cheaper car insurance premiums are out there
We just presented many ideas to shop for Mercedes-Benz C350 insurance online. It’s most important to understand that the more times you quote, the better chance you’ll have of finding low cost Fort Wayne auto insurance quotes. Drivers may even discover the lowest premium rates are with the least-expected company. Some small companies may cover specific market segments cheaper than their larger competitors like Allstate and Progressive.
When getting Fort Wayne auto insurance quotes online, it’s not a good idea to skimp on coverage in order to save money. In many instances, consumers will sacrifice full coverage to discover at claim time that the few dollars in savings costed them thousands. Your objective should be to purchase a proper amount of coverage at an affordable rate, not the least amount of coverage.
How to buy affordable Mercedes-Benz C350 insurance in Fort Wayne
If your goal is the lowest price, then the best way to get more affordable Mercedes-Benz C350 insurance in Fort Wayne is to regularly compare quotes from insurers who provide auto insurance in Indiana.
- It will benefit you to learn about how insurance works and the measures you can control to keep rates in check. Many things that cause high rates like traffic violations, accidents, and a not-so-good credit score can be improved by making minor changes in your lifestyle.
- Obtain price quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only provide price estimates from a single company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while agents who are independent can provide price quotes for a wide range of insurance providers. Click to view companies
- Compare the quotes to your existing policy to see if a cheaper rate is available. If you find a better price and switch companies, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Provide proper notification to your current company of your decision to cancel your current policy. Submit a completed policy application and payment to your new agent or company. Don’t forget to place the new certificate verifying coverage in your vehicle’s glove compartment or console.
A good piece of advice is that you’ll want to make sure you compare the same level of coverage on each quote request and and to get rates from every insurance company. Doing this enables an apples-to-apples comparison and a better comparison of the market.
- Where can I buy Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for Uber Drivers in Fort Wayne? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Fort Wayne Auto Insurance Rates for a Ford F-150? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for a Subaru Forester in Fort Wayne? (FAQ)
- Insurance Losses by Make and Model (iihs.org)
- Your Car has been Stolen: Now What? (Allstate)