It takes a few minutes, but the best way to find more affordable Kia Optima insurance in Fort Wayne is to compare prices at least once a year from insurers who can sell car insurance in Indiana.
- First, try to comprehend how companies price auto insurance and the factors you can control to drop your rates. Many things that are responsible for high rates like accidents, traffic tickets, and your credit history can be rectified by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes.
- Second, get rate quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can provide rates from a single company like GEICO and State Farm, while independent agents can provide price quotes from multiple insurance companies.
- Third, compare the price quotes to your current policy premium to see if switching to a new carrier will save money. If you find better rates and buy the policy, make sure there is no lapse in coverage.
- Fourth, give proper notification to your current agent or company to cancel your current coverage. Submit payment and a completed application to the new insurer. Immediately upon receiving it, place the new certificate verifying coverage in your glove compartment.
A tip to remember is that you'll want to make sure you compare similar coverage information on each price quote and and to analyze as many companies as you can. Doing this provides a level playing field and a complete selection of prices.
We don't have to tell you that car insurance companies don't want you to look for a cheaper policy. Insureds who perform rate comparisons will most likely move their business because they have a good chance of finding a cheaper policy. A recent study showed that drivers who routinely shopped around saved approximately $865 a year compared to policyholders who didn't regularly shop around.
If finding the cheapest price on Kia Optima insurance is your objective, then understanding how to get price quotes and compare cheaper coverage can save time and money.
If you have insurance now, you will be able to shop for the lowest rates using the concepts covered in this article. The purpose of this article is to help educate you on the most effective ways to compare rates and some money-saving tips. Although Indiana car owners must understand how companies sell insurance online and apply this information to your search.
Informed Consumers Save on Insurance
Multiple criteria are part of the calculation when you get a price on insurance. Some of the criteria are obvious like your driving record, but some are less apparent like your vehicle usage or how financially stable you are. One of the most helpful ways to save on auto insurance is to to have a grasp of the factors that help determine the price you pay for auto insurance. If you know what determines premiums, this empowers consumers to make smart changes that may result in better auto insurance rates.
The type of car you drive affects your premiums - The make and model of the vehicle you need to insure makes a big difference in your premium level. Smaller low performance passenger cars receive the most favorable rates, but the final cost of insurance is determined by many other factors.
The data below uses these assumptions: single male driver age 30, full coverage with $500 deductibles, and no discounts or violations. The chart compares Kia Optima insurance rates compared to other makes and models that have a range of performances.
- Stress out and pay more - Do you have a high-stress occupation? Occupations like military generals, airline pilots, and emergency personnel have higher premiums than the average policyholder attributed to job stress and lots of time spent away from family. On the flip side, jobs such as scientists, students and homemakers have lower than average premiums.
Teenagers are high risk - Older insureds are more cautious drivers, tend to file fewer claims, and receive fewer citations. Drivers with little experience are proven to get distracted easily with other occupants in the car therefore auto insurance rates are much higher.
The chart below uses these variables: single driver, full coverage with $1000 deductibles, and no discounts or violations.
- Big city or small town - Having an address in a small town has it's advantages when shopping for auto insurance. Urban drivers tend to have more traffic problems and much longer commute distances. Fewer people means less chance of accidents.
Gender as a rate factor - Statistics have proven that females take fewer risks when driving. However, this does not mean men are worse drivers. Men and women have at-fault accidents in similar numbers, but men have accidents that have higher claims. Men also tend to receive more major tickets like reckless driving and DUI.
The chart below visualizes the comparison of Kia Optima insurance prices for male and female drivers. The premiums assume a clean driving record, no at-fault accidents, full coverage, $100 deductibles, single status, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
- Liability insurance is peace of mind - Your policy's liability coverage is the coverage that protects you if you are responsible for causing damage or personal injury in an accident. It provides legal defense to defend your case. This coverage is relatively inexpensive compared to other policy coverages, so drivers should carry high limits.
Kia Optima historical loss data - Insurance companies include the past claim trends for vehicles to determine a rate that will be profitable for them. Vehicles that historically have a higher amount or frequency of claims will have a higher premium rate. The table below illustrates the historical loss data for Kia Optima vehicles.
For each coverage type, the claim amount for all vehicles, regardless of make, model or trim level, is equal to 100. Values that are 100 or less indicate a favorable loss history, while values that are 100 or greater indicate more frequent claims or a tendency for losses to be larger than average.
Kia Optima Insurance Claim Statistics Vehicle Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Kia Optima 115 101 107 133 142 120 Kia Optima Hybrid 143 115 116 139 158 151BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Statistics Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Compare quotes for Fort Wayne Kia Optima insurance
Most larger insurance companies such as Progressive, GEICO, Allstate and State Farm provide insurance quotes directly from their websites. Getting online rates for Kia Optima insurance in Fort Wayne is pretty easy as you simply type in the coverage amounts you desire into the form. Upon sending the form, the quote system requests your driving and credit reports and gives you a price quote based on these and other factors.
Being able to quote online for Kia Optima insurance in Fort Wayne helps simplify price comparisons, and it's absolutely necessary to get many rate quotes if you are searching for a better rate.
To quickly find out what other companies charge, compare rates now from the companies shown below. If you have coverage now, it's recommended you input the insurance coverages identical to your current policy. This ensures you will get rate quotes based on similar coverages.
The companies shown below offer price quotes in Indiana. To locate the best cheap auto insurance in Fort Wayne, we suggest you click on several of them to get the most competitive price.
Insurance coverage details
The coverage table shown next highlights different rate quotes for Kia Optima models. Learning as much as possible about how prices are established helps drivers make smart buying decisions.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data rating is based on married female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1000 deductibles, and Indiana minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, safe-driver, multi-vehicle, homeowner, and claim-free. Premium amounts do not factor in specific garaging location which can modify coverage rates significantly.
Impact of careless driving on car insurance rates
The diagram below demonstrates how traffic citations and at-fault accidents raise Kia Optima insurance rates for each age group. The price estimates are based on a married male driver, full physical damage coverage, $500 deductibles, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Difference between liability only and full coverage rates
The chart below compares Kia Optima insurance premiums with full coverage compared to only the Indiana minimum liability coverage. The premiums assume a clean driving record, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, single marital status, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Should you be buying full coverage?
There isn't a written rule for eliminating physical damage insurance, but there is a general convention. If the annual cost of having full coverage is 10% or more of replacement cost minus your deductible, then you may need to consider dropping full coverage.
For example, let's assume your Kia Optima claim settlement value is $8,000 and you have $1,000 physical damage deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled in an accident, you would only receive $7,000 after paying the physical damage deductible. If it's costing in excess of $700 a year for your policy with full coverage, the it may be a good time to stop paying for full coverage.
There are some circumstances where dropping physical damage coverage is not advised. If you still owe money on your vehicle, you are required to maintain full coverage to protect the lienholder's interest. Also, if your finances do not allow you to purchase a different vehicle if your current one is totaled, you should not consider dropping full coverage.
Auto insurance is not optional
Despite the potentially high cost of Kia Optima insurance, insuring your vehicle may not be optional for several reasons.
- Most states have mandatory insurance requirements which means you are required to carry specific minimum amounts of liability insurance if you don't want to risk a ticket. In Indiana these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Kia Optima has a loan, almost all lenders will have a requirement that you have full coverage to guarantee payment of the loan. If you do not keep the policy in force, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Kia at a significantly higher premium and force you to pay for it.
- Auto insurance preserves both your vehicle and your assets. It will also cover medical transport and hospital expenses for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. Liability insurance also covers legal expenses if you cause an accident and are sued. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of carrying enough insurance outweigh the cost, particularly if you ever have a claim. As of last year, the average driver in Indiana overpays as much as $865 each year so it's recommended you shop around every year to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Earn discounts to get lower-cost Fort Wayne insurance quotes
Some providers don't list every discount available in a way that's easy to find, so below is a list some of the more common in addition to some of the lesser obvious credits available to lower your premiums when you buy Fort Wayne auto insurance online.
- Telematics Data Discounts - Insureds that choose to allow their insurance company to spy on when and where they use their vehicle by using a telematic data system like In-Drive from State Farm and Progressive's Snapshot could see a rate decrease if they exhibit good driving behavior.
- Early Renewal Discounts - Select larger companies give a discount for switching companies before your current Optima insurance policy expires. The savings is around 10%.
- Employee of Federal Government - Federal government employees could qualify for a slight premium decrease depending on your company.
- Discount for Passive Restraints - Vehicles with factory air bags can qualify for discounts of 20 to 30 percent.
- Policy Bundle Discount - If you insure your home and vehicles and place coverage with the same company you could save at least 10 to 15 percent or more.
- Clubs and Organizations - Belonging to a professional or civic organization could qualify you for a break on your bill.
- New Car Discount - Putting insurance on a new Optima can save you some money because newer vehicles have to meet stringent safety requirements.
- Distant Student Discount - College-age children who are enrolled in a college that is more than 100 miles from Fort Wayne and don't have a car may be insured at a cheaper rate.
- Accident Waiver - This one isn't a discount, but companies like Liberty Mutual, GEICO and Allstate will turn a blind eye to one accident without getting socked with a rate hike if you are claim-free for a specific time period.
It's important to understand that most discounts do not apply to your bottom line cost. A few only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like physical damage coverage or medical payments. Even though the math looks like adding up those discounts means a free policy, insurance companies aren't that generous.
The chart below illustrates the difference between Kia Optima insurance rates with and without discounts applied. The costs are based on a male driver, no accidents or driving violations, Indiana state minimum liability limits, full physical damage coverage, and $100 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with claim-free, multi-policy, homeowner, safe-driver, marriage, and multi-car discounts applied.
To see companies with the best Kia Optima insurance discounts in Fort Wayne in Indiana, click here.
Local insurance agents
A small number of people would rather go talk to an agent and that is a smart decision The best thing about comparing car insurance online is that you can find the lowest rates and also buy local.
Once you complete this quick form, your information gets sent to local insurance agents in Fort Wayne who will return price quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won't have to leave your computer since rate quotes are delivered to the email address you provide. You can find the lowest rates and work with a local agent. If you want to get a rate quote from a specific company, you just need to jump over to their website and submit a quote form there.
Deciding on an company should depend on more than just the price. Before buying a policy in Fort Wayne, get answers to these questions.
- Do they have adequate Errors and Omissions coverage? This protects you if they make a mistake.
- Is insurance their full-time profession?
- Does the company allow you to choose your own collision repair facility?
- Can they give you a list of client referrals?
- How long has their agency been in business in Fort Wayne?
- How much will you save each year by using a higher deductible?
- Do they offer accident forgiveness?
When do I need an agent's advice?
When choosing the best insurance coverage, there really is not a one size fits all plan. Everyone's situation is unique.
For example, these questions might point out whether you will benefit from professional help.
- Is coverage enough to protect my assets?
- Does my Kia Optima qualify for pleasure use?
- Does my insurance cover my expensive audio equipment?
- How do I insure my teen driver?
- If my car is totaled with they pay enough to replace it?
- Are there any extra discounts I can get?
- What is motorclub and do I need it?
- What is an umbrella policy?
If you can't answer these questions, then you may want to think about talking to an insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, fill out this quick form.
Do the work, save more money
As you restructure your insurance plan, it's very important that you do not reduce coverage to reduce premium. There are a lot of situations where consumers will sacrifice physical damage coverage and learned later that the savings was not a smart move. The aim is to purchase a proper amount of coverage at the best possible price, not the least amount of coverage.
We've covered a lot of techniques to shop for Kia Optima insurance online. The key concept to understand is the more companies you get premium rates for, the better chance you'll have of finding cheaper Fort Wayne auto insurance quotes. You may even find the best auto insurance rates are with an unexpected company.
Some car insurance companies may not offer the ability to get quotes online and usually these small, regional companies sell through local independent agencies. Low-cost Kia Optima insurance in Fort Wayne can be purchased online and from local agencies, and you need to price shop both in order to have the best price selection to choose from.
Additional information is located at these links:
- Your Car has been Stolen: Now What? (Allstate)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for Uber Drivers in Fort Wayne? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Quotes for Safe Drivers in Fort Wayne? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Rates for High Risk Drivers in Fort Wayne? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance for Drivers Under 21 in Fort Wayne? (FAQ)
- All About Airbag Safety (State Farm)
- Dangers of fake or stolen airbags (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Teen Driving Statistics (GEICO)