Unimaginable but true, most auto insurance customers have remained with the same auto insurance company for a minimum of four years, and virtually 40% of consumers have never quoted auto insurance rates at all. With the average premium in Indiana being $1,400, drivers could save an average of roughly $700 each year by just comparing quotes, but most just don’t grasp the amount of savings they would get if they switched to a cheaper policy.
It takes a little time, but the best way to get more affordable car insurance rates is to start comparing prices regularly from different companies who provide auto insurance in Fort Wayne. You can compare prices by completing these steps.
Step 1: Take a few minutes and learn about car insurance and the factors you can control to prevent rate increases. Many factors that result in higher prices like getting speeding tickets and an imperfect credit score can be eliminated by making lifestyle changes or driving safer. Keep reading for more ideas to find cheap prices and get additional discounts.
Step 2: Request price quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive agents and direct companies can provide rates from one company like GEICO and State Farm, while independent agencies can provide price quotes for a wide range of insurance providers.
Step 3: Compare the quotes to the price on your current policy to determine if you can save on XF insurance. If you find a better price, ensure there is no coverage lapse between policies.
One key aspect when comparing rates is that you’ll want to compare similar limits and deductibles on every quote request and and to get price quotes from as many companies as feasibly possible. Doing this ensures the most accurate price comparison and a complete price analysis.
How to shop Jaguar XF insurance online
When price shopping your coverage, comparing more rates from different companies increases the chance that you will find more affordable insurance. Some regional insurers cannot provide rate quotes online, so you should also compare price quotes from the smaller companies as well.
The car insurance companies shown below provide free rate quotes in Fort Wayne, IN. To buy cheap car insurance in Fort Wayne, it’s highly recommended you compare several of them in order to find the most competitive rates.
Why you need quality insurance for your XF
Even though it can be expensive, auto insurance is required for several reasons.
- The majority of states have minimum liability requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry a specific minimum amount of liability coverage in order to license the vehicle. In Indiana these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your Jaguar XF with a loan, almost all lenders will make it a condition of the loan that you carry insurance to guarantee loan repayment. If you do not keep the policy in force, the bank may insure your Jaguar at a much higher premium rate and require you to reimburse them much more than you were paying before.
- Insurance safeguards your Jaguar XF and your assets. It will also pay for most medical and hospital costs for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. Liability insurance also pays for attorney fees and expenses in the event you are sued. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, comprehensive and collision coverage will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of insuring your XF are definitely more than the cost, particularly if you ever have a claim. According to a survey of 1,000 drivers, the average driver overpays more than $750 every year so shop around at every policy renewal to ensure rates are inline.
Analysis of coverages
The information displayed next outlines a range of coverage costs for Jaguar XF models. Having a better understanding of how insurance policy rates are established can benefit drivers when making informed decisions when comparing rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|XF Luxury 4-Dr Sedan||$238||$444||$286||$16||$86||$1,070||$89|
|XF Premium 4-Dr Sedan||$238||$444||$286||$16||$86||$1,070||$89|
|XF Supercharged 4-Dr Sedan||$260||$494||$286||$16||$86||$1,142||$95|
|XF R 4-Dr Sedan||$282||$546||$286||$16||$86||$1,216||$101|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Cost estimates assume married female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Indiana minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, claim-free, multi-policy, homeowner, and multi-vehicle. Rates do not factor in the specific area where the vehicle is garaged which can increase or decrease coverage prices significantly.
Full coverage or liability only
The example below shows the comparison of Jaguar XF insurance prices when comparing full coverage to state minimum liability only. The premium estimates are based on no violations or claims, $250 deductibles, single status, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
When to stop paying for full coverage
There is no clear-cut rule of when to eliminate full coverage on your policy, but there is a general school of thought. If the annual cost of your full coverage insurance is about 10% or more of the replacement cost minus the deductible, then it might be time to buy liability only.
For example, let’s say your Jaguar XF replacement value is $5,000 and you have $1,000 deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled, the most your company would pay you is $4,000 after you pay the deductible. If premiums are more than $400 a year for your policy with full coverage, then you may want to consider only buying liability coverage.
There are some conditions where removing full coverage is not advised. If you still owe money on your vehicle, you have to maintain full coverage to satisfy the loan requirements. Also, if you can’t afford to buy a different vehicle in the event your current vehicle is totaled, you should not eliminate full coverage.
Do you qualify for discounts?
Companies that sell car insurance don’t necessarily list every discount they offer very clearly, so the list below contains both well-publicized and the harder-to-find discounts that may be available. If they aren’t giving you every credit you deserve, you may be paying too high a price.
- Sign Online – Some of the larger companies will discount your bill up to fifty bucks for buying a policy and signing up on your computer.
- ABS and Traction Control Discounts – Cars, trucks, and SUVs that have anti-lock braking systems can reduce accidents and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Senior Citizen Discount – Older drivers may receive better auto insurance rates.
- Accident Waiver – This isn’t a discount exactly, but companies like Liberty Mutual, Allstate and State Farm will forgive one accident before hitting you with a surcharge with the catch being you have to be claim-free for a certain period of time.
- Professional Organizations – Joining certain professional organizations could qualify you for a break on your bill.
- Payment Method – By paying your entire bill at once as opposed to paying monthly you could save up to 5%.
- Passenger Safety Discount – Vehicles equipped with air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems can qualify for discounts of more than 20%.
- No Claims – Drivers with accident-free driving histories get the best auto insurance rates compared to policyholders that have many claims.
- Federal Employees – Being employed by or retired from a federal job can save as much as 8% depending on your auto insurance provider.
A little note about advertised discounts, many deductions do not apply to your bottom line cost. Most only cut the cost of specific coverages such as comp or med pay. Just because it seems like you can get free auto insurance, you aren’t that lucky.
The example below shows the difference between Jaguar XF premium costs with and without discounts applied. The data is based on a male driver, no accidents or driving violations, Indiana state minimum liability limits, full coverage, and $1,000 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with safe-driver, claim-free, multi-car, multi-policy, homeowner, and marriage discounts applied.
Companies that may have these benefits include:
Before purchasing a policy, check with every insurance company which discounts you may be entitled to. A few discounts may not apply to policyholders in Fort Wayne. To find companies with significant discounts in Fort Wayne, click here.