Regrettably, a large majority of consumers have remained with the same auto insurance company for at least the last four years, and about 40% of consumers have never compared quotes from other companies. Most drivers in the U.S. could cut their rates by $850 a year just by comparing rates, but most just don’t grasp the amount of money they would save if they bought a different policy.
The preferred way to get affordable car insurance rates is to do an annual price comparison from insurance carriers who sell auto insurance in Fort Wayne.
Step 1: Try to learn about how companies set rates and the steps you can take to lower rates. Many things that cause rate increases like traffic citations, accidents, and a low credit rating can be rectified by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility.
Step 2: Quote rates from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only quote rates from a single company like Progressive and State Farm, while agents who are independent can give you price quotes for many different companies. View prices
Step 3: Compare the new quotes to your existing rates to see if a cheaper rate is available in Fort Wayne. If you can save some money and make a switch, ensure coverage does not lapse between policies.
Step 4: Provide notification to your current company to cancel the current policy. Submit a down payment and signed policy application to the newly selected company. Immediately upon receiving it, keep the new certificate verifying coverage with your vehicle’s registration.
One important bit of advice is that you’ll want to compare identical coverages on each quote and and to get price quotes from as many companies as you can. Doing this enables the most accurate price comparison and the most accurate and complete price analysis.
Buying affordable protection in Fort Wayne is not as hard as you may think. Basically, anyone who needs more affordable auto insurance most likely will get a lower-priced policy. Nevertheless, Indiana consumers benefit from understanding how the larger insurance companies calculate their prices because it varies considerably.
Keep in mind that comparing a wide range of rates increases your odds of finding the best offered rates.
The following companies provide price comparisons in Fort Wayne, IN. If you want cheap car insurance in Fort Wayne, it’s highly recommended you compare several of them to find the most affordable car insurance rates.
Get cheap rates with discounts
The price of auto insurance can be rather high, but you might already qualify for some discounts to reduce the price significantly. Certain discounts will be triggered automatically at the time of purchase, but some may not be applied and must be specifically requested before you will receive the discount.
- Senior Discount – Seniors may be able to get a small decrease in premiums.
- Telematics Devices – Drivers who elect to allow data collection to look at where and when they drive by using a telematics device such as Progressive’s Snapshot and State Farm’s In-Drive may see discounts if their driving habits are good.
- No Claim Discounts – Drivers with accident-free driving histories pay less in comparison with bad drivers.
- Use Seat Belts – Drivers who require all vehicle occupants to fasten their seat belts can save up to 15% on the premium charged for medical payments and/or PIP.
- Discount for New Cars – Insuring a new F-PACE can cost up to 25% less since newer models are generally safer.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Driving less could qualify for discounted car insurance rates on garaged vehicles.
- Save with More Vehicles Insured – Insuring all your vehicles with the same company can reduce rates for all insured vehicles.
- Student in College – College-age children living away from Fort Wayne attending college and do not have access to a covered vehicle may qualify for this discount.
- Bundle and Save – If you combine your auto and home policies with one company they may give you a discount of up to 20% and get you the cheapest Jaguar F-PACE insurance in Fort Wayne.
As is typical with insurance, some credits don’t apply to the entire cost. Most only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like physical damage coverage or medical payments. So even though it sounds like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, insurance companies wouldn’t stay in business.
A few of the larger companies and some of the discounts are included below.
- GEICO discounts include multi-policy, anti-theft, defensive driver, emergency military deployment, membership and employees, daytime running lights, and air bags.
- Auto-Owners Insurance offers discounts for good student, multi-policy, anti-lock brakes, safe vehicle, student away at school, and anti-theft.
- American Family policyholders can earn discounts including multi-vehicle, mySafetyValet, air bags, Steer into Savings, good driver, accident-free, and defensive driver.
- Esurance offers discounts including Switch & Save, online quote, anti-theft, Pac-12 alumni, multi-policy, emergency road assistance, and DriveSense.
- Progressive may offer discounts for good student, homeowner, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, and continuous coverage.
- State Farm offers premium reductions for passive restraint, Steer Clear safe driver discount, multiple policy, accident-free, safe vehicle, and good student.
- AAA includes discounts for good student, education and occupation, good driver, multi-car, AAA membership discount, anti-theft, and multi-policy.
Double check with every insurance company what discounts are available to you. Some discounts listed above may not be available in your state. To locate insurers who offer car insurance discounts in Indiana, click here to view.
Informed Consumers Know How to Find Auto Insurance More Affordably
Multiple criteria are part of the calculation when pricing auto insurance. Some are pretty understandable such as traffic violations, although others are less obvious like your continuous coverage or your vehicle rating. It’s important that you understand the rating factors that help determine your policy premiums. When consumers understand what controls the rates you pay, this helps enable you to make changes that can earn you much lower annual insurance costs.
Where you live is a factor – Having an address in smaller towns and rural areas of the country has definite advantages when it comes to auto insurance. Fewer drivers translates into fewer accidents as well as less vandalism and auto theft. City drivers have congested traffic and much longer commute distances. Spending more time driving means more chances of being involved in an auto accident.
Rates impacted by vehicle usage – The more miles you rack up on your Jaguar in a year the more you will pay for auto insurance. A lot of insurance companies calculate prices based on how the vehicle is used. Cars and trucks that do not get driven very much get more affordable rates than vehicles that have high annual mileage. Having an incorrect usage rating on your F-PACE can cost quite a bit. Double check that your vehicle rating correctly shows the correct driver usage.
A policy lapse can increase auto insurance rates – Allowing your auto insurance policy to lapse will be a guaranteed way to increase your renewal premiums. Not only will rates go up, not being able to provide proof of insurance may result in fines and jail time. You may then be required to file a SR-22 with the Indiana motor vehicle department.
Battle of the sexes – Over the last 30 years, statistics show that females tend to be a little less risky than males. That doesn’t necessarily mean that males are worse at driving than females. Women and men tend to get into fender benders at about the same rate, but guys cause more damage and cost insurance companies more money. They also get ticketed for serious violations like driving under the influence (DUI). Youthful male drivers are most likely to cause an accident and therefore have the most expensive auto insurance rates.
Why do you need liability protection? – The liability section of your policy is the coverage that protects you when you are ruled to be at fault for causing personal injury or damage in an accident. Liability insurance provides you with a defense in court starting from day one. Liability insurance is quite affordable compared to comp and collision, so drivers should buy more than the minimum limits required by law.
Can a thief steal your car? – Driving a car that has an advanced theft prevention system can save you some money. Advanced theft deterrents like vehicle immobilizer systems, OnStar, and tracking devices like LoJack all aid in stopping car theft and help bring rates down.
Responsible credit means lower costs – An insured’s credit score can be a huge factor in calculating your premium rate. If your credit score could use some work, you could be paying less to insure your Jaguar F-PACE if you improve your credit rating. People that have high credit ratings tend to file fewer claims and have better driving records as compared to drivers with bad credit.
Compare rate quotes but work with a local neighborhood Fort Wayne car insurance agent
Many drivers would prefer to get advice from a local agent. One of the benefits of getting free rate quotes online is you can get cheap car insurance rates but also keep your business local. Buying from local agents is important particularly in Fort Wayne.
To find an agent, once you fill out this short form, your insurance data is emailed to agents in your area who will return price quotes for your coverage. There is no need to contact an agency since rate quotes are delivered straight to your inbox. You can find the lowest rates without having to waste a lot of time. If you have a need to get a rate quote for a specific company, feel free to search and find their rate quote page and submit a quote form there.
Different types of Fort Wayne auto insurance agents
If you need to find a local Fort Wayne insurance agency, you need to know there are two different agency structures to choose from. Car insurance agents may be either exclusive or independent.
Independent Car Insurance Agents (or Brokers)
Agents of this type are not employed by one company so they can insure your vehicles with a variety of different insurance companies and possibly get better coverage at lower prices. If they quote lower rates, your agent can switch companies and you don’t have to find a new agent.
If you need lower rates, you definitely need to get quotes from at least one independent agent to get the most accurate price comparison. Most also write with mutual insurance companies that may have much lower rates than larger companies.
Listed below is a partial list of independent insurance agencies in Fort Wayne who may provide cheap rate quotes.
- Lupke Rice Insurance-Financial
127 W Berry St # 500 – Fort Wayne, IN 46802 – (260) 424-4150 – View Map
- Nationwide Insurance: Thompson Insurance and Financial Services Inc
10355 Dawsons Creek Blvd A – Fort Wayne, IN 46825 – (260) 347-4722 – View Map
- Traxler Insurance Agency
10729 Coldwater Rd #100 – Fort Wayne, IN 46845 – (260) 494-9035 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Exclusive agents can only provide pricing for a single company like Allstate, AAA, Farmers Insurance, and State Farm. Exclusive agents are unable to provide prices from multiple companies so they have no alternatives for high prices. They are usually well trained on their company’s products which aids in selling service over price. Consumers sometimes use the same agent mainly due to the prominence of the brand and solid financial strength.
Listed below are Fort Wayne exclusive agents that are able to give price quotes.
- John Hayes – State Farm Insurance Agent
6407 Stellhorn Rd – Fort Wayne, IN 46815 – (260) 486-4711 – View Map
- Farmers Insurance – Larry Elliott
7529 W Jefferson Blvd – Fort Wayne, IN 46804 – (260) 434-1952 – View Map
- American Family Insurance – Tara Witham
4011 W Jefferson Blvd #175 – Fort Wayne, IN 46804 – (260) 434-4440 – View Map
Choosing a insurance agency needs to be determined by more than just the premium amount. Any agent in Fort Wayne should have no problem answering these questions:
- Are there any extra charges for paying monthly?
- Will one accident increase rates?
- How long has the business existed?
- Do they have 24-hour customer assistance?
- Do you need full coverage on every vehicle?
- When do they do a full risk review?
- Are they involved in claim handling?
- Is there a Errors and Omissions policy in force?
Different people need different car insurance coverages
When buying a policy, there is no best way to insure your cars. Every situation is different so your insurance should reflect that
For example, these questions might point out if you would benefit from professional advice.
- Is other people’s property covered if stolen from my vehicle?
- Does my insurance cover a custom paint job?
- Where can I get insurance after a DUI in Indiana?
- Should I buy more coverage than the required Indiana minimum liability coverage?
- Is my dog or cat covered if injured in an accident?
- Should I drop comprehensive coverage on older vehicles?
- When does my teenage driver need to be added to my policy?
- Does my Jaguar F-PACE need full coverage?
- Is my trailer covered?
- Does my personal policy cover me when driving out-of-state?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but you know they apply to you, you might consider talking to an insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, simply complete this short form or go to this page to view a list of companies.
Ratings for Fort Wayne car insurance companies
Choosing the right insurer can be challenging considering how many different companies insure vehicles in Indiana. The rank data shown below could help you analyze which auto insurers you want to consider when shopping around.
Top 10 Fort Wayne Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Claims Service
- Liberty Mutual
- AAA Insurance
- Safeco Insurance
- The General
Top 10 Fort Wayne Car Insurance Companies Overall
- 21st Century
- AAA Insurance
- Liberty Mutual
- Safeco Insurance
- State Farm
- American Family
Auto insurance savings summarized
Some companies may not offer online rate quotes and many times these smaller companies provide coverage only through local independent agents. Budget-conscious Jaguar F-PACE insurance is definitely available on the web in addition to many Fort Wayne insurance agents, so you need to compare both to have the best rate selection.
You just learned many ways to save on Jaguar F-PACE insurance in Fort Wayne. The key concept to understand is the more times you quote, the better your comparison will be. Consumers could even find that the lowest rates come from an unexpected company. Smaller companies may often insure only within specific states and give better rates as compared to the big name companies such as Allstate, GEICO and Progressive.
More information can be read on the following sites:
- Protect Yourself Against Auto Theft (Insurance Information Institute)
- How Much are Fort Wayne Auto Insurance Rates for a Company Car? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Rates for Business Use in Fort Wayne? (FAQ)
- How Much are Fort Wayne Auto Insurance Quotes for a Hyundai Santa Fe? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Handicapped Drivers in Fort Wayne? (FAQ)
- Auto Crash Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Five Mistakes to Avoid (Insurance Information Institute)
- Determining Auto Insurance Rates (GEICO)
- Rental Car Insurance Tips (Insurance Information Institute)