Searching for low-cost insurance for a Volkswagen CC in Indiana can normally be a painful process, but you can learn a few tricks to save time.
There are more efficient ways to compare insurance rates so we’re going to tell you the quickest way to compare rates for a new or used Volkswagen and get the lowest price from both online companies and Fort Wayne agents.
You should make it a habit to compare prices quite often due to the fact that insurance prices go up and down regularly. Just because you found the best rates on Volkswagen CC insurance in Fort Wayne a couple years back you can probably find a better rate quote now. Forget all the misinformation about insurance because it’s time to teach you the easiest way to find better rates and still maintain coverage.
The companies shown below offer comparison quotes in Indiana. If you wish to find cheaper auto insurance in Fort Wayne, we suggest you visit two to three different companies to find the lowest car insurance rates.
Insurance coverage analysis
The information shown next showcases estimates of prices for Volkswagen CC models. Having a better understanding of how auto insurance premiums are established can help customers make smart choices when selecting a coverage provider.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|CC Sport 4-Dr Coupe||$190||$366||$270||$16||$80||$922||$77|
|CC Luxury 4-Dr Coupe||$190||$366||$270||$16||$80||$922||$77|
|CC VR6 Sport 4-Dr Coupe||$212||$422||$270||$16||$80||$1,000||$83|
|CC VR6 Motion 4-Dr Coupe||$212||$422||$270||$16||$80||$1,000||$83|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data variables include married male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Indiana minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, multi-vehicle, homeowner, safe-driver, and multi-policy. Rate information does not factor in your specific Fort Wayne location which can alter premiums greatly.
The diagram below shows how different deductible levels and can influence Volkswagen CC yearly insurance costs for different insured age categories. The premiums assume a married male driver, full coverage, and no policy discounts are applied.
Impact of citations and accidents on insurance rates
The illustration below illustrates how speeding tickets and at-fault claims can impact Volkswagen CC insurance premiums for each different age category. The prices are based on a married female driver, full physical damage coverage, $500 deductibles, and no discounts are factored in.
Volkswagen CC full coverage rates compared to liability only
The diagram below illustrates the comparison of Volkswagen CC yearly insurance costs with full physical damage coverage compared to only buying liability only. The rate quotes are based on no violations or accidents, $100 deductibles, marital status is single, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
When to stop buying comprehensive and collision coverage
There is no clear-cut rule to eliminate full coverage, but there is a broad guideline. If the yearly cost for physical damage coverage is 10% or more of the vehicle’s replacement cost less your deductible, the it may be a good time to stop paying for full coverage.
For example, let’s pretend your Volkswagen CC book value is $5,000 and you have $1,000 physical damage deductibles. If your vehicle is destroyed, the most you would receive is $4,000 after the policy deductible has been paid. If premiums are more than $400 annually for full coverage, then it could be time to drop full coverage.
There are some circumstances where buying only liability insurance is not advised. If you have an outstanding loan on your vehicle, you are required to maintain full coverage as part of the loan requirements. Also, if your finances do not allow you to purchase a different vehicle in case of an accident, you should maintain full coverage.
Here’s why insurance is not optional
Despite the high insurance cost for a Volkswagen CC in Fort Wayne, paying for insurance is not optional due to several reasons.
- The majority of states have mandatory insurance requirements which means you are required to buy a specific minimum amount of liability insurance coverage in order to drive the car legally. In Indiana these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your vehicle, it’s guaranteed your bank will have a requirement that you have insurance to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the bank will be required to insure your Volkswagen at a much higher premium rate and require you to pay a much higher amount than you were paying before.
- Insurance protects not only your Volkswagen CC but also your assets. It will also reimburse you for all forms of medical expenses for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. As part of your policy, liability insurance also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit if you are sued as the result of your driving. If you have damage to your Volkswagen as the result of the weather or an accident, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of insuring your CC are definitely more than the cost, particularly when you have a large claim. As of last year, the average driver in Indiana overpays as much as $700 annually so compare quotes from several companies at every renewal to save money.
How Car Insurance Companies Determine Volkswagen CC Insurance Premiums
Lots of factors are part of the equation when premium rates are determined. Some of the criteria are obvious such as your driving record, but some are more obscure such as your marital status or how safe your car is.
Where you reside – Residing in smaller towns and rural areas of the country has definite advantages when shopping for auto insurance. People who live in big cities have more road rage incidents and much longer commute distances. Fewer drivers on the road means reduced accidents and lower theft and vandalism rates.
Deter theft and lower prices – Purchasing a vehicle with advanced anti-theft systems can help lower your rates. Theft prevention devices like OnStar found on GM vehicles, advanced tracking like LoJack, and vehicle immobilization systems can thwart your vehicle from being stolen.
Do you work long hours in a demanding job? – Occupations like doctors, social workers, and financial analysts are shown to have higher premiums than the average policyholder because of intense work requirements and lots of time spent at work. Other jobs such as professors, engineers and homemakers have lower than average premiums.
With age comes responsibility – More mature drivers are shown to be more cautious, are lower risk to insure, and are generally more financially stable. Teenage drivers are known to be less responsible when at the wheel of a vehicle so they pay higher auto insurance rates.
The chart below uses these assumptions: single driver, full coverage with $1000 deductibles, and no discounts or violations.
Extra coverages can cost a lot – There are many extra coverages that you can get tricked into buying on your auto insurance policy. Coverages like rental car reimbursement, towing coverage, and additional equipment coverage are some examples. These coverages may sound good when discussing your needs, but if you’ve never needed them in the past eliminate the coverages to reduce your premium.
Don’t abuse policy claims – Car insurance companies in Indiana award most affordable rates to policyholders who only file infrequent claims. If you file claims often, you can expect either higher rates or even cancellation. Auto insurance is intended to be relied upon for claims that pose a financial burden.
Loss statistics for a Volkswagen CC – Insurers use past loss statistics for each vehicle as a tool for profitable underwriting. Vehicles that historically have higher losses will cost more for specific coverages.
The table below shows the historical loss data for Volkswagen CC vehicles. For each coverage category, the claim amount for all vehicles, regardless of manufacturer or model, is equal to 100. Percentage numbers below 100 suggest losses that are better than average, while values over 100 indicate more frequent claims or a tendency for losses to be larger than average.
|Specific Volkswagen Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Volkswagen CC 2WD||132||99||119||99||108||103|
|Volkswagen CC 4WD||162||134|
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Statistics from IIHS.org for 2013-2015 Model Years
Fort Wayne auto insurance discounts
Some providers don’t always list every possible discount very clearly, so the list below details some of the more common and the more hidden discounts that you can inquire about if you buy Fort Wayne car insurance online.
- Government Employee Discount – Active or former government employment may reduce rates when you quote Fort Wayne car insurance depending on your auto insurance provider.
- Professional Organizations – Being a member of qualifying clubs or civic groups can get you a small discount on your bill.
- Telematics Discount – Insureds who allow data collection to spy on when and where they use their vehicle by using a telematic data system such as Drivewise from Allstate or Snapshot from Progressive could save a few bucks as long as they are good drivers.
- Fort Wayne Homeowners Pay Less – Being a homeowner can save a few bucks because it requires personal responsibility.
- Accident Forgiveness Coverage – This one is not really a discount per se, but companies like Progressive, State Farm and GEICO allow you one accident without the usual rate increase so long as you are claim-free for a set time period.
- Air Bags and Passive Restraints – Vehicles equipped with air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems can get savings of 20 to 30 percent.
You can save money using discounts, but most discount credits are not given to the entire policy premium. Some only reduce individual premiums such as medical payments or collision. If you do the math and it seems like all the discounts add up to a free policy, company stockholders wouldn’t be very happy.
The information below illustrates the comparison of Volkswagen CC insurance premiums with and without discounts applied to the premium. The data assumes a male driver, no driving violations, no at-fault accidents, Indiana state minimum liability limits, full physical damage coverage, and $500 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with safe-driver, multi-policy, marriage, claim-free, homeowner, and multi-car discounts applied.
Popular auto insurance companies and some of the discounts are detailed below.
- Progressive may have discounts that include online quote discount, continuous coverage, homeowner, good student, online signing, and multi-policy.
- SAFECO has discounts for bundle discounts, drive less, safe driver, teen safe driver, anti-lock brakes, homeowner, and accident prevention training.
- American Family has savings for good driver, bundled insurance, mySafetyValet, early bird, air bags, defensive driver, and TimeAway discount.
- MetLife discounts include claim-free, good driver, good student, defensive driver, and accident-free.
- GEICO offers premium reductions for air bags, defensive driver, multi-policy, federal employee, and good student.
- The Hartford offers discounts for bundle, anti-theft, good student, driver training, and vehicle fuel type.
It’s a good idea to ask all the companies which discounts they offer. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts might not be offered in Fort Wayne. For a list of auto insurance companies with significant discounts in Indiana, click here to view.
Shop online but buy locally
A lot of people just prefer to visit with an insurance agent and we recommend doing that Licensed agents are trained to spot inefficiencies and help in the event of a claim. One of the great benefits of comparing insurance prices online is that drivers can save money and get the lowest rates and also buy local. Putting coverage with local insurance agencies is important particularly in Fort Wayne.
By using this quick form, your insurance data is submitted to participating agents in Fort Wayne that can give you free Fort Wayne car insurance quotes to get your business. There is no reason to visit any agencies as quotes are delivered to the email address you provide. If you wish to compare rates from one company in particular, you would need to jump over to their website and complete a quote there.
Do you need an independent or exclusive car insurance agent?
If you would like to find a local insurance agency, it helps to know the two different agency structures and how they can quote your rates. Auto insurance agents in Fort Wayne can be classified as either exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments. Either one can sell affordable auto insurance policies, but it is important to understand why they differ because it can impact your agent selection.
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Independent agencies are not restricted to one company so they can insure your vehicles with multiple insurance companies and find you the best rates. If they quote lower rates, they simply move your policy to a different company and you don’t have to do anything.
If you are trying to find cheaper rates, you will definitely want to get rate quotes from multiple independent agents in order to compare the most rates. Many write coverage with additional companies that you may not be familiar with who may have lower rates.
Listed below is a small list of independent agents in Fort Wayne that can give you free auto insurance rate quotes.
- Hoch Insurance Inc
209 E Washington Center Rd – Fort Wayne, IN 46825 – (260) 471-7555 – View Map
- Real Estate Agents Health Insurance Direct
8411 Clinton Park Dr – Fort Wayne, IN 46825 – (855) 343-7344 – View Map
- Sourceone Group
6628 Constitution Dr – Fort Wayne, IN 46804 – (260) 436-3544 – View Map
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agencies
Exclusive agencies can only provide one company’s prices and examples are AAA, Allstate, State Farm, or Farmers Insurance. They generally cannot provide prices from multiple companies so they have to upsell other benefits. Exclusive agents are usually quite knowledgeable in insurance sales and that enables them to sell even at higher rates. Drivers often choose to use an exclusive agent primarily because of loyalty to the company and the convenience of having all coverages with one company.
Listed below are exclusive insurance agencies in Fort Wayne willing to provide price quotes.
- Larry Ice II – State Farm Insurance Agent
6221 Maplecrest Rd – Fort Wayne, IN 46835 – (260) 484-8572 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Kevin Gwozdz
5721 Covington Rd – Fort Wayne, IN 46804 – (260) 436-2866 – View Map
- Kent Paul – State Farm Insurance Agent
1505 W Dupont Rd – Fort Wayne, IN 46825 – (260) 478-2222 – View Map
Choosing an car insurance agent requires more thought than just a cheap quote. Here are some questions you should ask.
- Is the agency active in community causes in Fort Wayne?
- Where would your vehicle be repaired?
- Will a damage claim use OEM or aftermarket replacement parts?
- Are they primarily personal or commercial lines agents in Fort Wayne?
- When do they do a full risk review?
- Do they have designations such as AIC, CPCU, or CIC?
- Does the agency have a current Errors and Omissions policy?
If you receive acceptable answers as well as an affordable premium quote, you’ve probably found an insurance agency that is reputable and can adequately provide auto insurance. But keep in mind you can cancel your coverage whenever you choose to so never feel that you are obligated to your new company indefinitely.
Don’t give up on cheap premiums
Consumers who switch companies do it for many reasons like extreme rates for teen drivers, high prices, high rates after DUI convictions or delays in responding to claim requests. No matter why you want to switch, finding a new company can be easier than you think.
We just presented quite a bit of information on how to find lower-cost Volkswagen CC insurance in Fort Wayne. The key concept to understand is the more price quotes you have, the better likelihood of getting low cost Fort Wayne car insurance quotes. Consumers may even find the lowest premium rates come from some of the smallest insurance companies.
When getting Fort Wayne car insurance quotes online, never reduce coverage to reduce premium. Too many times, an insured dropped liability limits or collision coverage only to regret that it was a big mistake. The goal is to find the BEST coverage at a price you can afford and still be able to protect your assets.
Steps to saving money on Volkswagen CC insurance in Fort Wayne
Really, the only way to find affordable quotes for Volkswagen CC insurance in Fort Wayne is to start doing a yearly price comparison from providers who provide auto insurance in Indiana.
- First, read about how insurance works and the things you can control to prevent high rates. Many factors that cause rate increases such as inattentive driving and an imperfect credit score can be remedied by being financially responsible and driving safely.
- Second, compare price quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only give rate quotes from a single company like Progressive and State Farm, while independent agents can quote prices from multiple sources.
- Third, compare the price quotes to your current policy and determine if cheaper CC coverage is available in Fort Wayne. If you find better rates and switch companies, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
- Fourth, notify your current company of your decision to cancel your existing policy. Submit payment and a signed application to the new company. Don’t forget to keep your new certificate verifying proof of insurance with your vehicle’s registration.
A crucial key to this process is to try to compare the same physical damage deductibles and liability limits on every price quote and and to get quotes from as many carriers as you can. This ensures the most accurate price comparison and the best price selection.
Even more information is located by following these links:
- Auto Insurance for Teen Drivers (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance for Government Employees in Fort Wayne? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Fort Wayne Car Insurance Quotes for a Mazda CX-7? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Quotes for Drivers Under 25 in Fort Wayne? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for Uninsured Drivers in Fort Wayne? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for Inexperienced Drivers in Fort Wayne? (FAQ)
- Understanding Limits and Deductibles (Allstate)
- Auto Insurance Facts and Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)