Are you a victim of an expensive auto insurance policy? You’re in good company because there are many people just like you.
It’s shocking but the vast majority of drivers kept buying from the same company for well over three years, and 38% of drivers have never compared rate quotes at all. Indiana consumers could save an average of almost $700 each year just by shopping around, but most just don’t grasp how much money they would save if they moved their coverage to a different company. With consumers having so many different company options, it’s difficult to choose a more affordable insurance company.
Our goal is to tell you how car insurance works and how you can save the most money. If you have auto insurance now, you stand a good chance to be able to get lower rates using the concepts covered in this article. Vehicle owners just have to learn the least time-consuming way to shop from multiple carriers.
Cheap companies for Chevy Bolt EV insurance
The companies shown below are our best choices to provide price quotes in Fort Wayne, IN. To find the best car insurance in Fort Wayne, we recommend you visit as many as you can to get a more complete price comparison.
Verify you’re getting every discount
Auto insurance is easily one of your largest bills, but you may find discounts to help bring down the price. A few discounts will automatically apply when you quote, but less common discounts must be asked for before being credited. If you do not double check each discount available, you could be saving more on your auto insurance.
- Discounts for New Vehicles – Buying a new car model can save up to 30% because newer models have to meet stringent safety requirements.
- Telematics Discount – Fort Wayne drivers who agree to allow companies to track driving patterns remotely such as State Farm’s In-Drive could see a rate decrease if they exhibit good driving behavior.
- Seat Belt Usage – Drivers who require all vehicle occupants to wear their seat belts can save a little on the medical payments or PIP coverage costs.
- Multiple Cars – Drivers who insure primary and secondary vehicles with the same company can get a discount on all vehicles.
- Theft Deterrent System – Vehicles equipped with anti-theft or alarm systems are less likely to be stolen and will save you 10% or more on Bolt EV insurance in Fort Wayne.
- Include Life Insurance and Save – Not every insurance company offers life insurance, but if they do you may earn better prices if you take out life insurance.
- Resident Student – Kids living away from Fort Wayne attending college without a vehicle on campus may be able to be covered for less.
You can save money using discounts, but most discounts do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. A few only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as liability and collision coverage. Despite the fact that it seems like all those discounts means the company will pay you, that’s just not realistic.
Insurance companies who might offer most of these discounts possibly include:
When quoting, ask every insurance company which discounts you qualify for. A few discounts might not apply in Fort Wayne. To see a list of companies that offer the discounts shown above in Fort Wayne, click here to view.
Smart Consumers Can Cut Their Insurance Costs
Many things are taken into consideration when pricing auto insurance. Some are obvious such as your driving record, but other factors are not quite as obvious like your vehicle usage or your commute time.
The following are a partial list of the pieces that factor into rates.
- What’s your car’s safety rating? – Safe vehicles tend to have better insurance rates. Vehicles built for safety reduce the chance of injuries and better occupant protection translates directly to fewer claims and lower rates for you. If your Chevy has ratings of a minimum an “acceptable” rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website it may cost less to insure.
- Where you live can affect prices – Being located in less populated areas is a good thing when it comes to car insurance. Drivers in populated areas regularly have traffic congestion and much longer commute distances. Less people living in that area corresponds to lower accident rates and a lower car theft rate.
- Pay lower rates if you’re married – Walking down the aisle may save some money on your car insurance policy. Having a spouse generally demonstrates drivers are more stable financially and statistics prove being married results in fewer claims.
- Raise comp and collision deductibles and save – Physical damage protection, otherwise known as comp (or other than collision) and collision, insures against damage to your Chevy. Examples of some claims that would be covered would be running into the backend of another car, collision with an animal, and damage from a fallen tree branch. Comp and collision deductibles represent how much money you are willing to pay out-of-pocket before your car insurance pays a claim. The more money the insured is willing to pay, the bigger discount you will receive.
- More than one policy can earn a discount – Lots of car insurance companies afford better rates to insureds who carry more than one policy such as combining an auto and homeowners policy. The discount can be five, ten or even twenty percent. Even if you’re getting this discount it’s still a good idea to compare other Fort Wayne Bolt EV insurance rates to help ensure you have the lowest rates.
- Youthful drivers cost more – More mature drivers are more cautious drivers, cost insurance companies less in claims, and are safer drivers. Drivers with little experience are proven to be inattentive and easily distracted in a vehicle so car insurance rates are higher.
It’s not one size fits all
When selecting coverage online or from an agent for your personal vehicles, there isn’t really a “best” method to buy coverage. Every situation is different.
These are some specific questions can aid in determining whether your personal situation will benefit from professional help.
- Will damage be repaired with OEM parts?
- Do I have coverage when making deliveries for my home business?
- Can I get a multi-policy discount for packaging my home and auto coverage?
- Is my Chevy Bolt EV covered if I use it for business?
- What if I don’t agree with a claim settlement offer?
- What can I do if my company won’t pay a claim?
- Am I covered when driving someone else’s vehicle?
- Is there coverage for my trailer?
- Is my camper covered by my car insurance policy?
If you’re not sure about those questions, you might consider talking to a licensed insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form. It is quick, free and can provide invaluable advice.
Comparing prices from local Fort Wayne insurance agencies
A lot of people prefer to talk to a local agent and that is not a bad decision Good agents are trained risk managers and give you someone to call. One of the great benefits of getting online price quotes is the fact that drivers can get cheaper car insurance rates and still have an agent to talk to. Supporting small agencies is important especially in Fort Wayne.
Upon completion of this form (opens in new window), the quote information is submitted to participating agents in Fort Wayne who will give you quotes for your coverage. There is no need to find an agent on your own because prices are sent to you. If you want to get a comparison quote for a specific company, don’t hesitate to jump over to their website and fill out the quote form the provide.
When searching for a local Fort Wayne insurance agent, you need to know there are two different agency structures that you can select. Agents can be categorized as either independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for. Either type can provide auto insurance policies, but it is important to understand how they are different because it can impact the selection process.
Independent Insurance Agents
Agents that elect to be independent are not employed by any specific company so they can quote policies with any number of different companies and find the cheapest auto insurance rates. If they quote lower rates, your agent can switch companies and you don’t have to switch agencies. When comparing auto insurance prices, you need to get quotes from independent agents to get the most accurate price comparison.
Shown below is a list of independent insurance agencies in Fort Wayne that may be able to provide competitive price quotes.
Nationwide Insurance: Thompson Insurance and Financial Services Inc
10355 Dawsons Creek Blvd A – Fort Wayne, IN 46825 – (260) 347-4722 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agents
These agents can usually just insure with one company such as American Family, State Farm, and Allstate. Exclusive agents cannot provide other company’s prices so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. These agents are highly trained on the products they sell and that allows them to sell at a higher price point.
The following are exclusive agencies in Fort Wayne willing to provide price quote information.
John Hayes – State Farm Insurance Agent
6407 Stellhorn Rd – Fort Wayne, IN 46815 – (260) 486-4711 – View Map
Finding the right insurance agent should include more criteria than just the bottom line cost. The questions below may impact your decision as well.
- Which family members are covered?
- Will vehicle repairs be made with aftermarket parts or OEM replacement parts?
- Do they have a Better Business Bureau rating in Fort Wayne?
- Do they have 24-hour customer assistance?
- Do clients work directly with the agent or are most inquiries handled by a CSR?
- Are they involved in claim handling?
- When do they do a full risk review?
- Can glass claims be handled at your home?
If you get acceptable answers to all your questions and a low price estimate, you may have found an auto insurance agent that can properly insure your vehicles.
A little work can save a LOT of money
You just read many ideas to compare Chevy Bolt EV insurance prices in Fort Wayne. The most important thing to understand is the more times you quote, the better chance you’ll have of finding low cost Fort Wayne auto insurance quotes. Consumers may even find the biggest savings come from a small local company.
There are still a few companies who may not offer the ability to get a quote online and usually these small, regional companies sell through local independent agents. The cheapest Chevy Bolt EV insurance in Fort Wayne can be sourced on the web and from local insurance agents, so you should be comparing quotes from both to have the best selection.
Consumers switch companies for a number of reasons such as unfair underwriting practices, not issuing a premium refund, extreme rates for teen drivers or denial of a claim. Regardless of your reason, finding a new auto insurance company can be pretty painless.
How to find discount Chevy Bolt EV insurance in Fort Wayne
If saving the most money is your goal, then the best way to find better pricing on Chevy Bolt EV insurance is to start comparing rates regularly from providers who sell insurance in Fort Wayne.
Step 1: Read about how your policy works and the measures you can control to prevent rate increases. Many factors that result in higher rates like accidents, traffic violations, and a not-so-good credit history can be amended by making lifestyle changes or driving safer.
Step 2: Compare prices from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can provide rates from one company like GEICO or Allstate, while independent agents can provide price quotes for many different companies. View rates
Step 3: Compare the new rates to your existing rates to see if you can save by switching companies. If you find a lower rate and change companies, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
An important bit of advice to remember is that you’ll want to compare the same amount of coverage on each quote request and and to get rate quotes from as many carriers as you can. This provides a fair rate comparison and the most accurate and complete price analysis.
Additional information is located at the links below
- Auto Theft Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Rates for High Risk Drivers in Fort Wayne? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Rates for Police Officers in Fort Wayne? (FAQ)
- Speed and Speed Limit FAQ (iihs.org)
- Higher speed limits cause more fatalities (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)