It takes a few minutes, but the best way to get the cheapest car insurance rates in Fort Wayne is to start comparing rates regularly from insurers in Indiana.
Step 1: Get an understanding of how insurance works and the things you can control to prevent high rates. Many things that cause high rates such as getting speeding tickets and poor credit history can be improved by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes. This article provides ideas to help keep rates affordable and get bigger discounts that may have been overlooked.
Step 2: Compare rates from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only give rate quotes from one company like GEICO or State Farm, while independent agents can provide prices from multiple insurance companies.
Step 3: Compare the new rates to your existing rates and determine if cheaper Neon coverage is available. If you find better rates, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
A good piece of advice is that you’ll want to make sure you compare similar coverage information on every quote request and and to compare as many companies as possible. Doing this ensures an accurate price comparison and plenty of rates choose from.
Anyone knows that auto insurance companies want to keep you from shopping around. Consumers who compare price quotes are highly likely to switch auto insurance companies because they have good chances of finding a lower-priced company. A recent survey found that people who compared rates regularly saved as much as $865 annually compared to other drivers who don’t regularly compare prices.
If finding the most affordable car insurance in Fort Wayne is the reason for your visit, then knowing how to find companies and compare insurance premiums can help you succeed in saving money.
If you are already insured or are shopping for new coverage, you will benefit by learning to get lower rates and still have adequate protection. We hope to teach you how insurance works and how you can save the most money. Drivers only have to learn the most time-saving way to compare different rates instantly.
Finding low cost auto insurance quotes is an easy way to save money. Consumers just need to spend a little time comparing price quotes to find the company with affordable Fort Wayne car insurance quotes.
The providers in the list below can provide price quotes in Fort Wayne, IN. If you want cheap car insurance in Fort Wayne, IN, we suggest you visit as many as you can to get the best price comparison.
Determine discounts to get cheap Fort Wayne insurance rates
Car insurance can cost a lot, but discounts can save money and there are some available that could help you make your next renewal payment. A few discounts will automatically apply at the time of purchase, but occasionally some discounts must be inquired about before being credited.
- Senior Citizen Rates – Older drivers may receive better insurance rates.
- Cautious Driver Discount – Insureds who avoid accidents can save up to 40% or more on their Fort Wayne car insurance quote than less cautious drivers.
- Discount for Good Grades – Maintaining excellent grades can be rewarded with saving of up to 25%. Many companies even apply the discount to college students well after school through age 25.
- Drive Less and Save – Fewer annual miles on your Dodge can earn cheaper prices.
- Multiple Policy Discount – If you insure your home and vehicles and insure them with the same company you may earn at least 10 to 15 percent or more.
- Driver’s Ed – Teen drivers should participate in a local driver’s education class if it’s offered in school.
Don’t be shocked that most credits do not apply to your bottom line cost. Most cut the price of certain insurance coverages like liability and collision coverage. Even though the math looks like adding up those discounts means a free policy, company stockholders wouldn’t be very happy.
If you would like to choose from a list of insurers that offer many of these discounts in Fort Wayne, click this link.
Compare rate quotes but buy from a local Fort Wayne insurance agency
Some people still like to get professional advice from a licensed agent and that is a personal choice. Professional insurance agents are highly skilled in risk management and will help you if you have claims. One of the benefits of comparing auto insurance online is the fact that you can find cheap rate quotes and still choose a local agent. Buying from and supporting local agents is still important in Fort Wayne.
After filling out this quick form, your insurance data is sent to local insurance agents who will gladly provide quotes for your auto insurance coverage. It’s much easier because you don’t need to visit any agencies due to the fact that quote results will go straight to your inbox. If you want to quote rates from a specific company, you would need to jump over to their website and fill out their quote form.
When finding a local agent, you need to know there are two different agency structures and how they work. Fort Wayne agents may be either independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer. Either one can write policy coverage, but it’s important to point out how they differ since it can affect the selection process.
Independent Insurance Agents
Independent agents can quote rates with many companies and that enables them to quote your coverage through many companies and help determine which has the cheapest rates. If you want to switch companies, the agent simply finds a different carrier and you won’t have to switch agencies. If you are comparing auto insurance prices, you will want to include price quotes from at a minimum one independent agency so that you have a good selection of quotes to compare. Most also have access to small mutual carriers which may provide better rates.
Below is a partial list of independent insurance agencies in Fort Wayne that can possibly get you cheap rate quotes.
- Schultheis Agency Insurance
1910 St Joe Center Rd – Fort Wayne, IN 46825 – (260) 480-0208 – View Map
- Synergy Financial Group
9326 Coldwater Rd – Fort Wayne, IN 46825 – (260) 490-8822 – View Map
- Sourceone Group
6628 Constitution Dr – Fort Wayne, IN 46804 – (260) 436-3544 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Agents that choose to be exclusive can only provide one company’s prices and some examples include State Farm or Allstate. Exclusive agents cannot shop your coverage around so keep that in mind. Exclusive agents are very knowledgeable on sales techniques which helps offset the inability to provide other markets. Drivers often buy from the same agent for years mostly because of the prominence of the brand rather than low rates.
Listed below are exclusive insurance agents in Fort Wayne that are able to give comparison quotes.
- Farmers Insurance – Larry Elliott
7529 W Jefferson Blvd – Fort Wayne, IN 46804 – (260) 434-1952 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Susan L. Law
5308 St Joe Rd – Fort Wayne, IN 46835 – (260) 492-6254 – View Map
- Valentine White-Xayarath – State Farm Insurance Agent
5533 S Anthony Blvd – Fort Wayne, IN 46806 – (260) 447-1074 – View Map
Picking the best insurance agency is decision based upon more than just a low price. Some important questions to ask are:
- How will an accident affect your rates?
- Do they make recommendations based only on price?
- Do they get extra compensation for selling add-on coverages?
- Can they give you a list of client referrals?
- Are they primarily personal or commercial lines agents in Fort Wayne?
- How long have they been in business?
- Are they able to influence company decisions when a claim is filed?
Once you have received good answers to all your questions and a good coverage price, it’s possible that you found an insurance agent that will insure your vehicles.
Why Your Insurance Rates might be higher
The best way to find cheaper insurance is to take a look at some of the factors that help calculate your policy premiums. When you understand what controls the rates you pay, this helps enable you to make changes that may result in cheaper rates. Lots of things are used in the calculation when you get your auto insurance bill. Most are fairly basic such as traffic violations, but some are not as apparent like your vehicle usage or your commute time.
The factors shown below are some of the major factors used by companies to determine your prices.
- Save money with good credit – A driver’s credit score is a large factor in determining what you pay for insurance. If your credit rating is lower than you’d like, you may save money insuring your Dodge Neon by improving your rating. Drivers with good credit tend to be better drivers and file fewer claims than drivers with lower credit ratings.
- Traffic violations can increase costs – Having a clean driving record impacts premiums far more than you think. Only having one ticket may cause rates to rise twenty percent or more. Attentive drivers get better prices as compared to careless drivers. Drivers with severe violations like DUI, reckless driving or excessive speeding may need to submit a SR-22 or proof of financial responsibility with their state in order to drive a vehicle legally.
- Single drivers may pay higher rates – Having a significant other may cut your premiums on insurance. Marriage demonstrates that you tend to be more mature and insurance companies like that married drivers tend to have fewer serious accidents.
- Driver age impacts rates – Mature drivers are proven to be safer behind the wheel, tend to cause fewer accidents, and receive fewer citations. Youthful drivers tend to be more careless behind the wheel so insurance rates are higher.
Car insurance just makes sense
Despite the potentially high cost of Dodge Neon insurance, buying car insurance may be mandatory for several reasons.
- Just about all states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to buy a minimum amount of liability insurance if you want to drive legally. In Indiana these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your Neon with a loan, most lenders will have a requirement that you buy insurance to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If the policy lapses, the bank may insure your Dodge at a much higher rate and force you to pay the higher price.
- Insurance safeguards both your Dodge and your assets. Insurance will also pay for many types of medical costs for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. Liability coverage will also pay attorney fees if you are sued as the result of an accident. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of insuring your car definitely exceed the price paid, particularly if you ever have a claim. Despite what companies tell you, the average driver is currently overpaying as much as $855 a year so we recommend shopping around at every policy renewal to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Affordable insurance rates are possible
Discount Dodge Neon insurance in Fort Wayne can be purchased from both online companies and from local insurance agents, so you should compare both to have the best rate selection. Some insurance providers may not offer online quoting and usually these small, regional companies prefer to sell through independent agents.
We just covered a lot of techniques to get a better price on Dodge Neon insurance in Fort Wayne. It’s most important to understand that the more rate quotes you have, the better chance you’ll have of finding affordable Dodge Neon insurance quotes. Consumers may even find the best car insurance rates are with some of the lesser-known companies.
As you go through the steps to switch your coverage, never sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. There have been many cases where an accident victim reduced uninsured motorist or liability limits only to regret at claim time they didn’t have enough coverage. Your aim should be to purchase a proper amount of coverage at the lowest possible cost, but don’t skip important coverages to save money.
More detailed insurance information can be found in these articles:
- Information for Teen Drivers (GEICO)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Quotes for a Learners Permit in Fort Wayne? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Rates for a Toyota Tacoma in Fort Wayne? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Quotes for Drivers with Accidents in Fort Wayne? (FAQ)
- Understanding Rental Car Insurance (Insurance Information Institute)
- What are my Rights when Filing a Claim? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Bodily Injury Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- Air Bags: Potential Dangers to Your Children (Insurance Information Institute)