Has it been a year or more since you last compared quotes for cheaper GMC Sierra insurance in Fort Wayne? Finding cheap Fort Wayne GMC Sierra insurance quotes over the internet can seem to be rather difficult for drivers that are not comfortable with quoting and price shopping on the internet. With so many insurance agents and online companies, how are we expected to efficiently compare every possible option in order to find cheaper insurance rates?
It’s an obvious conclusion that auto insurance companies don’t want you to look at other companies. People who compare rates at least once a year are likely to buy a different policy because there is a significant possibility of finding a policy with more affordable rates. A survey found that people who compared rates annually saved an average of $72 a month compared to drivers who never shopped around.
If finding the lowest price on auto insurance in Fort Wayne is why you’re here, then having some insight into the best way to compare coverage rates can save time, money, and frustration.
It’s important to compare prices before your policy renews due to the fact that insurance prices change frequently. If you had the best rates on GMC Sierra insurance in Fort Wayne a couple years back you will most likely find a better rate quote today. You can find a lot of wrong information about Sierra insurance online but I’m going to show you some of the best techniques to slash your insurance rates in Fort Wayne.
Many insurance companies such as GEICO, State Farm and Progressive give pricing on the web. Comparing GMC Sierra insurance rates online is easy for anyone as you simply enter the amount of coverage you want into a form. When the form is submitted, their rating system obtains credit information and your driving record and provides a quote.
This makes comparing rates easy, and it’s very important to have as many quotes as possible if you want to find lower-cost prices.
To quickly find out how much you’re overpaying now, visit the companies below or click here to submit a quote request to multiple companies at once. If you have your current policy handy, we recommend you duplicate the limits and deductibles identical to your current policy. Using the same limits helps guarantee you will get an apples-to-apples comparison using the exact same coverages.
The providers in the list below have been selected to offer quotes in Fort Wayne, IN. To get the best auto insurance in Fort Wayne, it’s a good idea that you visit several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Buying the right GMC Sierra insurance in Indiana is an important decision
Even though Fort Wayne Sierra insurance rates can get expensive, buying insurance serves an important purpose.
- The majority of states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry specific minimum amounts of liability insurance if you want to drive legally. In Indiana these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your GMC Sierra with a loan, almost all lenders will force you to carry insurance to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totaled. If the policy lapses, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your GMC for a lot more money and force you to reimburse them a much higher amount than you were paying before.
- Insurance safeguards not only your car but also your financial assets. Insurance will also pay for medical expenses for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. One policy coverage, liability insurance, will also pay for a defense attorney if you cause an accident and are sued. If you have damage to your GMC as the result of the weather or an accident, comprehensive and collision coverage will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of carrying enough insurance definitely exceed the cost, particularly if you ever have a claim. The average driver in Indiana overpays more than $869 every year so it’s recommended you shop around each time the policy renews to save money.
The rate information displayed below showcases detailed analysis of insurance rates for GMC Sierra models. Having a better understanding of how car insurance premiums are determined can help drivers make smart choices when selecting a coverage provider.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Sierra SLE Regular Cab 2WD||$268||$536||$380||$22||$114||$1,320||$110|
|Sierra SL Extended Cab 2WD||$268||$536||$380||$22||$114||$1,320||$110|
|Sierra SLE Crew Cab 2WD||$268||$536||$380||$22||$114||$1,320||$110|
|Sierra SL Crew Cab 2WD||$302||$632||$380||$22||$114||$1,450||$121|
|Sierra SLE Crew Cab 2WD||$302||$632||$380||$22||$114||$1,450||$121|
|Sierra SLE Regular Cab 4WD||$302||$632||$380||$22||$114||$1,450||$121|
|Sierra SLE Extended Cab 4WD||$302||$632||$380||$22||$114||$1,450||$121|
|Sierra SLE Crew Cab 4WD||$302||$632||$380||$22||$114||$1,450||$121|
|Sierra SLT Extended Cab 2WD||$302||$632||$380||$22||$114||$1,450||$121|
|Sierra SL Crew Cab 4WD||$302||$632||$380||$22||$114||$1,450||$121|
|Sierra SLT Extended Cab 4WD||$302||$632||$380||$22||$114||$1,450||$121|
|Sierra SLT Crew Cab 2WD||$302||$632||$380||$22||$114||$1,450||$121|
|Sierra SLT Crew Cab 4WD||$338||$728||$380||$22||$114||$1,582||$132|
|Sierra Denali Crew Cab 2WD||$338||$728||$380||$22||$114||$1,582||$132|
|Sierra Denali Crew Cab 4WD||$338||$728||$380||$22||$114||$1,582||$132|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Table data assumes single female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Indiana minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, multi-vehicle, homeowner, claim-free, and multi-policy. Table data does not factor in Fort Wayne location which can affect auto insurance rates significantly.
Get cheaper rates on GMC Sierra insurance in Fort Wayne with these discounts
Companies don’t always publicize every discount they offer very clearly, so here is a list both the well known in addition to some of the lesser obvious discounts that you can inquire about if you buy Fort Wayne auto insurance online.
- Discounts for Good Drivers – Safe drivers can save as much as half off their rates than drivers with accident claims.
- Buy New and Save – Adding a new car to your policy can get you a discount due to better safety requirements for new model year vehicles.
- Fort Wayne Homeowners Pay Less – Owning a home in Fort Wayne can save you money since owning and maintaining a home requires a higher level of personal finance.
- Government Employee Discount – Employees or retirees of the government can save as much as 8% with some insurance companies.
- Air Bags and Passive Restraints – Vehicles equipped with air bags may qualify for discounts of 20 to 30 percent.
- Discount for Swiching Early – A few companies offer discounts for switching policies early. You could save around 10% when you buy Fort Wayne auto insurance online.
- Mature Driver Discount – If you’re over the age of 55, you can possibly qualify for a small decrease in premiums.
- Anti-theft Discount – Cars with anti-theft systems have a lower chance of being stolen and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
You should keep in mind that many deductions do not apply to the whole policy. Some only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as liability, collision or medical payments. Even though it appears all the discounts add up to a free policy, it just doesn’t work that way. Any qualifying discounts will definitely reduce your policy cost.
The information below shows the comparison of GMC Sierra car insurance rates with and without some available policy discounts. The rates are based on a female driver, no claims, a clean driving record, Indiana state minimum liability limits, full physical damage coverage, and $250 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-policy, homeowner, marriage, multi-car, safe-driver, and claim-free discounts applied.
Popular insurance companies and a summarized list of policyholder discounts include:
- GEICO offers premium reductions for good student, anti-theft, air bags, membership and employees, five-year accident-free, and daytime running lights.
- MetLife offers discounts including good driver, multi-policy, good student, claim-free, accident-free, and defensive driver.
- State Farm may have discounts that include multiple autos, passive restraint, student away at school, good driver, and defensive driving training.
- Progressive discounts include multi-vehicle, homeowner, continuous coverage, multi-policy, good student, online quote discount, and online signing.
- Mercury Insurance may include discounts for annual mileage, multi-policy, good student, good driver, and accident-free.
- 21st Century has savings for student driver, 55 and older, anti-lock brakes, good student, air bags, theft prevention, and early bird.
- Allstate has discounts for new car, teenSMART discount, premier plus, passive restraint, EZ pay plan discount, and safe driver.
Check with all the companies which discounts you may be entitled to. Some credits may not apply to policyholders in every state. To find insurers that offer multiple discounts in Indiana, click this link.
Fort Wayne car insurance companies ranked
Ending up with a good quality car insurance provider is difficult considering how many companies there are in Fort Wayne. The information below may help you choose which providers to look at purchasing coverage from.
Top 10 Fort Wayne Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Claims Service
- Liberty Mutual
- AAA Insurance
- Safeco Insurance
- The General
Top 10 Fort Wayne Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Satisfaction
- USAA – 92%
- Erie Insurance – 88%
- American Family – 88%
- State Farm – 88%
- Nationwide – 88%
- 21st Century – 88%
- AAA Insurance – 87%
- Liberty Mutual – 87%
- Farmers Insurance – 87%
- The Hartford – 87%