It’s astonishing, but over 70% of consumers have been with the same company for at least four years, and approximately 40% of consumers have never taken the time to shop around. Fort Wayne drivers could cut their rates by approximately $700 a year, but they underestimate how much savings they would realize if they switched to a cheaper policy.
It takes a little time, but the best way to save on car insurance rates is to regularly compare prices from different companies in Fort Wayne.
- Read and learn about car insurance and the changes you can make to keep rates in check. Many risk factors that drive up the price such as speeding tickets, careless driving and a not-so-good credit score can be eliminated by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes.
- Compare prices from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can only give rate quotes from a single company like GEICO and Allstate, while agents who are independent can provide rate quotes from multiple insurance companies.
- Compare the price quotes to your current policy premium to see if switching to a new carrier will save money. If you find a lower rate quote and buy the policy, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
- Provide proper notification to your current company of your intention to cancel your current coverage. Submit the signed application along with the required initial payment for the new policy. Be sure to store the certificate verifying proof of insurance in an accessible location in your vehicle.
One key aspect of rate comparisons is to try to compare the same deductibles and limits on each price quote and and to get price quotes from as many companies as you can. Doing this provides a fair price comparison and a complete rate analysis.
Buying the cheapest car insurance in Fort Wayne can really be easy if you know what you’re doing. If you have insurance now, you will surely be able to get lower rates using these tips. Comparison shoppers just need to know the most effective way to buy car insurance using one simple form.
Ford Shelby GT350 insurance quotes comparison
The majority of larger companies allow you to get pricing on their websites. Obtaining pricing for Ford Shelby GT350 insurance in Fort Wayne can be done by anyone as you simply enter your coverage information into the quote form. Once you submit the form, the system makes automated requests for your driving record and credit report and generates pricing information based on the data you entered. Quoting online for Ford Shelby GT350 insurance in Fort Wayne streamlines rate comparisons, and it is important to have as many quotes as possible if you are searching for the lowest insurance rates.
If you want to compare rates using this form now, compare rates now from the companies shown below. If you have coverage now, it’s recommended you enter coverages and limits identical to your current policy. This way, you will get rate quotes based on similar coverages.
The companies shown below have been selected to offer free quotes in Indiana. If you wish to find cheap car insurance in Fort Wayne, we suggest you visit several of them to find the most affordable auto insurance rates.
Why you need insurance for your vehicle
Despite the fact that insurance is not cheap in Fort Wayne, maintaining insurance may not be optional for several reasons.
First, almost all states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means the state requires specific minimum amounts of liability coverage in order to drive the car legally. In Indiana these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if you have a lien on your Ford Shelby GT350, most banks will have a requirement that you have insurance to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If you do not keep the policy in force, the bank may insure your Ford for a lot more money and require you to reimburse them a much higher amount than you were paying before.
Third, insurance protects both your assets and your Ford. It will also pay for many types of medical costs for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, your insurance policy will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of buying enough insurance more than offset the price you pay, particularly when you have a large claim. The average driver in Indiana overpays as much as $830 a year so it’s very important to do a rate comparison at least once a year to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Discounts can help lower premiums on Ford Shelby GT350 insurance in Fort Wayne
Some insurance providers don’t always advertise every policy discount in a way that’s easy to find, so here is a list both the well known and also the lesser-known insurance savings.
- Good Student Discount – A discount for being a good student may save as much as 25% on a Fort Wayne car insurance quote. The discount lasts well after school through age 25.
- Defensive Driving Course – Taking a course that instructs on driving safety could earn you a small percentage discount and easily pay for the cost of the class.
- Use Seat Belts – Requiring all passengers to use a seat belt can save up to 10 percent (depending on the company) off PIP or medical payments premium.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Some companies give a discounted price on car insurance if you buy life insurance from them.
- Telematics Data – Drivers who elect to allow data collection to scrutinize when and where they use their vehicle by using a telematics device such as Drivewise from Allstate or Snapshot from Progressive may get a rate reduction if they have good driving habits.
- Distant Student Discount – Any of your kids who are enrolled in higher education away from home and won’t have access to an insured vehicle could get you a discount.
Consumers should know that most credits do not apply to the entire cost. Some only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like comprehensive or collision. So even though it sounds like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, company stockholders wouldn’t be very happy.
A few of the larger companies and the discounts they provide are included below.
- State Farm discounts include good driver, good student, Drive Safe & Save, Steer Clear safe driver discount, defensive driving training, and driver’s education.
- Nationwide has savings for multi-policy, family plan, accident-free, business or organization, and defensive driving.
- GEICO has discounts for multi-vehicle, defensive driver, federal employee, daytime running lights, five-year accident-free, multi-policy, and membership and employees.
- AAA offers premium reductions for anti-theft, AAA membership discount, multi-policy, education and occupation, good driver, and pay-in-full.
- 21st Century offers discounts for anti-lock brakes, defensive driver, student driver, air bags, 55 and older, and automatic seat belts.
- The Hartford may include discounts for air bag, anti-theft, good student, driver training, defensive driver, and bundle.
Before buying, ask all companies you are considering to apply every possible discount. Some discounts might not be available to policyholders in every state.
When to have guidance from an insurance agent
Many people still like to visit with an insurance agent and that can be a smart move Good agents can help you choose the best coverages and give you someone to call. One of the benefits of getting online price quotes is the fact that you can find lower rates and still have a local agent.
By using this simple form, your insurance coverage information is emailed to local insurance agents in Fort Wayne who will gladly provide quotes for your auto insurance coverage. You don’t have to even leave your home since price quotes are sent immediately to your email address. If you want to get a price quote from a specific company, don’t hesitate to navigate to their website to submit a rate quote request.
Finding the right company requires more thought than just a low price. These are some questions you should get answers to.
- How much will you save each year by using a higher deductible?
- How will an accident affect your rates?
- Are there any discounts for paying up front?
- How much training do they have in personal risk management?
- Is every driver in your family covered?
- What kind of financial rating does the company have?
- Will high miles depreciate repair valuations?
- When do they do a full risk review?
Do you need an independent or exclusive auto insurance agent?
If you want to use a reliable insurance agent, it’s important to understand the different types of agencies to choose from. Agents can either be exclusive agents or independent agents. Both types of agents can sell auto insurance policies, but it’s important to point out the difference in the companies they write for since it can affect the kind of agent you use.
Agents in the exclusive channel can usually just insure with one company such as Allstate, Farmers Insurance, State Farm, and AAA. They are unable to place coverage with different providers so you might not find the best rates. They are usually well trained on what they offer and that allows them to sell at a higher price point.
The following is a list of exclusive agents in Fort Wayne who can help you get rate quotes.
John Hayes – State Farm Insurance Agent
6407 Stellhorn Rd – Fort Wayne, IN 46815 – (260) 486-4711 – View Map
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Agents of this type are not employed by any specific company so they have the ability to put coverage with multiple insurance companies and find the cheapest auto insurance rates. If prices rise, your policy is moved internally and you won’t have to switch agencies.
When comparing rate quotes, it’s a good idea to contact a couple of independent agencies in order to compare the most rates.
The following is a short list of independent agencies in Fort Wayne that can give you rate quotes.
What is the best car insurance coverage?
When choosing your policy, there really is not a one-size-fits-all type of policy. Your needs are unique to you.
Here are some questions about coverages that may help highlight if your situation might need an agent’s assistance.
- I don’t drive much so do I pay less?
- Does my insurance cover a custom paint job?
- Exactly who is provided coverage by my policy?
- When should I not buy collision coverage?
- I have good health insurance, so how much medical payments coverage do I need?
- Do I need special coverage while pulling a rented trailer?
- How much liability insurance is required?
- Is my teenager covered with friends in the car?
- Do I need replacement cost coverage on my Ford Shelby GT350?
- Are there any extra discounts I can get?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but one or more may apply to you, you may need to chat with an agent. If you don’t have a local agent, complete this form. It is quick, free and can provide invaluable advice.
Car insurance coverages for a Ford Shelby GT350
Learning about specific coverages of insurance can help you determine the best coverages and the correct deductibles and limits. Insurance terms can be ambiguous and reading a policy is terribly boring.
Collision – This pays to fix your vehicle from damage from colliding with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. You first must pay a deductible then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision coverage protects against claims such as crashing into a building, backing into a parked car and sustaining damage from a pot hole. This coverage can be expensive, so consider dropping it from older vehicles. Another option is to increase the deductible on your Shelby GT350 in order to get cheaper collision rates.
Medical costs insurance – Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance pay for bills for things like X-ray expenses, ambulance fees and nursing services. They are often used to fill the gap from your health insurance policy or if you are not covered by health insurance. They cover not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants and also covers any family member struck as a pedestrian. Personal Injury Protection is not an option in every state and may carry a deductible
UM/UIM Coverage – Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage gives you protection when other motorists are uninsured or don’t have enough coverage. This coverage pays for medical payments for you and your occupants and damage to your Ford Shelby GT350.
Since a lot of drivers only purchase the least amount of liability that is required (25/50/10 in Indiana), it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. So UM/UIM coverage should not be overlooked.
Comprehensive or Other Than Collision – Comprehensive insurance will pay to fix damage that is not covered by collision coverage. You first must pay your deductible then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive insurance covers claims like fire damage, hitting a bird, damage from flooding, a tree branch falling on your vehicle and hitting a deer. The maximum amount you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the market value of your vehicle, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value consider removing comprehensive coverage.
Liability auto insurance – This protects you from injuries or damage you cause to people or other property. It protects YOU from legal claims by others. Liability doesn’t cover damage to your own property or vehicle.
Coverage consists of three different limits, bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. You might see limits of 25/50/10 which stand for $25,000 bodily injury coverage, a total of $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and property damage coverage for $10,000.
Liability coverage protects against claims like medical services, pain and suffering, emergency aid and repair costs for stationary objects. How much coverage you buy is a decision to put some thought into, but you should buy as much as you can afford. Indiana requires minimum liability limits of 25/50/10 but drivers should carry more coverage.
The illustration below shows why buying the state minimum limits may not provide adequate coverage.
One last thing about your coverage
Budget-friendly auto insurance in Fort Wayne can be found from both online companies in addition to many Fort Wayne insurance agents, so you should compare both to have the best chance of lowering rates. A few companies do not offer internet price quotes and many times these regional insurance providers provide coverage only through independent agents.
When trying to cut insurance costs, it’s not a good idea to buy less coverage just to save a little money. There are many occasions where drivers have reduced uninsured motorist or liability limits and learned later that the few dollars in savings costed them thousands. Your goal is to buy a smart amount of coverage at the best price while still protecting your assets.
Drivers switch companies for a number of reasons such as policy non-renewal, policy cancellation, questionable increases in premium or an unsatisfactory settlement offer. Regardless of your reason, finding the right auto insurance provider can be less work than you think.
More information is located at these links:
- Uninsured Motorists: Threats on the Road (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Cheap Fort Wayne Auto Insurance Rates for a Honda Accord? (FAQ)
- How Much are Fort Wayne Auto Insurance Quotes for a Jeep Wrangler? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Rates for High Risk Drivers in Fort Wayne? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Quotes for a 20 Year Old Male in Fort Wayne? (FAQ)
- Auto Insurance FAQ (Farmers Insurance)
- Prom Night Tips for Teen Drivers (State Farm)
- Collision Insurance Coverage (Nationwide)