Want to learn how to find more affordable car insurance rates in Fort Wayne, IN? Fort Wayne shoppers have many options when shopping for the best price on Dodge Intrepid insurance. They can either spend hours struggling with agents trying to get quotes or utilize the internet to get rate quotes. There are more efficient ways to compare car insurance rates and we’ll show you the best way to get price quotes for a Dodge and obtain the lowest price from both online companies and Fort Wayne agents.
Affordable companies for Dodge Intrepid insurance
The companies in the list below offer free quotes in Fort Wayne, IN. In order to find the best cheap auto insurance in Fort Wayne, IN, we suggest you get price quotes from several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Discounts for cheap auto insurance quotes
Some insurers do not list every discount available in a way that’s easy to find, so the list below details both the well known and also the lesser-known savings tricks you should be using when you buy Fort Wayne car insurance online.
- New Car Discount – Buying a new car instead of a used Intrepid can cost up to 25% less due to better safety requirements for newer models.
- Full Payment Discount – If paying your policy premium upfront as opposed to paying monthly you may have a lower total premium amount.
- Air Bag Discount – Cars that have air bags or motorized seat belts can get savings as much as 30%.
- Discounts for Responsible Drivers – Safe drivers may save up to 50% more than less cautious drivers.
- No Claim Discounts – Claim-free drivers pay less when compared with accident-prone drivers.
- Save over 55 – If you’re over the age of 55, you may qualify for reduced rates.
- Safety Course Discount – Taking a defensive driving course may get you a small discount if you qualify.
- Memberships – Affiliation with a professional or civic organization is a good way to get lower rates on your policy.
- Discount for Home Ownership – Simply owning a home can get you a discount since owning and maintaining a home means you have a higher level of financial diligence.
- Theft Deterrent Discount – Vehicles that have factory alarm systems and tracking devices can help prevent theft so companies will give you a small discount.
Keep in mind that most credits do not apply to the entire policy premium. Some only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like liability and collision coverage. So when it seems like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, insurance companies wouldn’t stay in business.
To see insurers who offer free Dodge Intrepid insurance quotes in Fort Wayne, follow this link.
Local Fort Wayne insurance agencies
Some people just want to have an agent’s advice and there is nothing wrong with that. Experienced insurance agents can point out coverage gaps and help you file claims. The best thing about comparing rate quotes online is the fact that you can find cheap auto insurance quotes but also keep your business local.
For easy comparison, once you complete this quick form, your coverage information is instantly submitted to companies in Fort Wayne who will give competitive quotes for your coverage. You won’t even need to find an agent as quotes are delivered immediately to you. If you need to compare rates from a particular provider, just search and find their rate quote page and fill out their quote form.
Deciding on an provider is decision based upon more than just a low price. Ask your prospective agent these questions:
- Are they able to influence company decisions when a claim is filed?
- Is every driver in your family covered?
- How would your car be valued if totaled?
- What insurance companies do they work with in Fort Wayne?
- Do they offer claims assistance after hours?
- Has the agent ever had any license suspensions?
- Are they actively involved in the community?
- Did they already check your driving record and credit reports?
Pick the best auto insurance agent in Fort Wayne for you
When narrowing the list to find a local Fort Wayne insurance agent, you need to know there are two types of agencies and how they operate. Agents in Fort Wayne are considered either exclusive or independent (non-exclusive). Both can provide auto insurance policies, but we need to point out the subtle differences since it can impact which type of agent you select.
Agents in the exclusive channel can only quote rates from one company and examples are Allstate, Farmers Insurance, State Farm, and AAA. Exclusive agencies are unable to provide prices from multiple companies so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. Exclusive agencies are well trained in insurance sales which helps offset the inability to provide other markets. Drivers often purchase coverage from exclusives partially due to the brand name and the convenience of having all coverages with one company.
Below is a short list of exclusive agents in Fort Wayne who can help you get rate quotes.
- Allstate Insurance: Justin Harkelroad
8812 Coldwater Rd – Fort Wayne, IN 46825 – (260) 489-0156 – View Map
- Farmers Insurance – Shea Smith
1104 W State Blvd – Fort Wayne, IN 46808 – (260) 420-2000 – View Map
- John Carr – State Farm Insurance Agent
1018 E Dupont Rd – Fort Wayne, IN 46825 – (260) 489-3838 – View Map
Independent Auto Insurance Agents
Independent agencies are normally appointed by many insurers so they can insure your vehicles with an assortment of companies and help determine which has the cheapest rates. If they find a cheaper price, they simply move your policy to a different company and you don’t have to find a new agent.
When comparing auto insurance rates, we recommend you check rates from at a minimum one independent agency to have the best price comparison. They also have the ability to place coverage with small mutual carriers which may provide better rates.
Listed below are independent insurance agencies in Fort Wayne that can give you comparison quotes.
- InsureOne Insurance Agency
3213 E State Blvd – Fort Wayne, IN 46805 – (260) 216-0024 – View Map
- Sourceone Group
6628 Constitution Dr – Fort Wayne, IN 46804 – (260) 436-3544 – View Map
- STAR Insurance Agency
2130 E Dupont Rd – Fort Wayne, IN 46825 – (260) 467-5690 – View Map
Indiana car insurance companies ranked
Buying coverage from a highly-rated company can be challenging considering how many choices you have in Indiana. The company ratings displayed below may help you pick which companies to look at when comparing rates.
Top 10 Fort Wayne Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Claims Service
- Liberty Mutual
- AAA Insurance
- Safeco Insurance
- The General
Top 10 Fort Wayne Car Insurance Companies by A.M. Best Rank
- USAA – A++
- GEICO – A++
- Travelers – A++
- State Farm – A++
- Allstate – A+
- Progressive – A+
- Erie Insurance – A+
- The Hartford – A+
- Nationwide – A+
- Esurance – A+
A little work can save a LOT of money
Affordable Dodge Intrepid insurance in Fort Wayne can be sourced online and with local Fort Wayne insurance agents, and you should be comparing both in order to have the best chance of saving money. Some insurance providers may not have the ability to get a quote online and usually these smaller companies provide coverage only through local independent agencies.
Drivers leave their current company for a number of reasons such as poor customer service, extreme rates for teen drivers, questionable increases in premium and policy non-renewal. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, finding the right auto insurance provider is actually quite simple.
When you buy Fort Wayne car insurance online, it’s very important that you do not sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. There have been many situations where drivers have reduced liability limits or collision coverage to discover at claim time they didn’t purchase enough coverage. Your strategy should be to buy enough coverage at the best price, but do not skimp to save money.
How to save money on Dodge Intrepid insurance in Fort Wayne
Truthfully, the best way to find more affordable auto insurance rates in Fort Wayne is to do a yearly price comparison from companies who sell auto insurance in Indiana. You can compare prices by following these guidelines.
- Step 1: Try to understand how car insurance works and the modifications you can make to prevent expensive coverage. Many policy risk factors that are responsible for high rates like accidents, traffic tickets, and your credit history can be rectified by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility.
- Step 2: Quote rates from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only give prices from a single company like GEICO and Allstate, while independent agents can provide rate quotes from multiple insurance companies.
- Step 3: Compare the new quotes to your existing policy and determine if cheaper Intrepid coverage is available. If you can save money, ensure coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Step 4: Provide notification to your current company of your decision to cancel your current car insurance policy and submit any necessary down payment along with the completed application for the new policy. As soon as coverage is bound, put the proof of insurance paperwork in a readily accessible location in your vehicle.
A tip to remember is to try to use the same coverage limits and deductibles on every price quote and to quote with as many carriers as you can. This enables a fair price comparison and the best price quote selection.
More tips and info about auto insurance is located in these articles:
- Hybrid vehicles cost insurers more (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Quotes for Homeowners in Fort Wayne? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for a Subaru Forester in Fort Wayne? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Quotes for Drivers with Accidents in Fort Wayne? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for Veterans in Fort Wayne? (FAQ)
- Where can I buy Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)
- State Laws for Cellphones and Texting (iihs.org)
- Should I Purchase an Umbrella Liability Policy? (Insurance Information Institute)