Inconceivable but true, most auto insurance policyholders in Indiana kept their policy with the same company for over three years, and nearly the majority have never even compared quotes to find cheaper rates. With the average premium in the U.S. being $1,847, drivers could save as much as $850 every year just by getting comparison quotes, but they just don’t want to compare rate quotes online.
It takes a little time, but the best way to find affordable quotes for Hyundai Tiburon insurance is to make a habit of comparing prices annually from insurance carriers in Fort Wayne.
- Take a few minutes and learn about car insurance and the things you can change to lower rates. Many rating factors that result in higher prices such as your driving record and a negative credit score can be rectified by paying attention to minor details.
- Compare price quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can provide rates from one company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while independent agencies can quote rates from multiple sources.
- Compare the price quotes to the price on your current policy and determine if there is any savings. If you can save some money, make sure there is no lapse in coverage.
- Tell your current agent or company to cancel your current auto insurance policy and submit the completed application along with a down payment to the newly selected company. Immediately place your new proof of insurance paperwork with your registration paperwork.
A tip to remember is to use the same liability limits and deductibles on each price quote and and to get prices from every insurance company. This guarantees a level playing field and the best price selection.
Discounts can help lower premiums on Hyundai Tiburon insurance in Fort Wayne
Car insurance companies don’t list all available discounts in an easy-to-find place, so the list below gives a summary of both the well known and the harder-to-find credits available to you. If you’re not getting every credit possible, you could be paying more than you need to.
- Paperwork-free – A handful of companies will give a small break just for signing your application over the internet.
- Discounts for Government Workers – Having worked for a branch of the government could cut as much as 10% off with some auto insurance companies.
- Life Insurance Discount – Larger auto insurance companies have lower rates if you buy life insurance from them.
- Military Discounts – Being deployed in the military can result in better rates.
- Seat Belts Save more than Lives – Drivers who require all occupants to fasten their seat belts could cut 10% or more off the personal injury premium cost.
- Passive Restraints – Vehicles equipped with air bags or motorized seat belts may earn rate discounts of up to 25% or more.
One thing to note about discounts is that many deductions do not apply to all coverage premiums. Most only cut specific coverage prices like liability and collision coverage. If you do the math and it seems like all the discounts add up to a free policy, companies don’t profit that way.
Companies who may offer most of these discounts include:
When quoting, ask every company to apply every possible discount. Discounts might not apply in your state. To find providers with the best Hyundai Tiburon insurance discounts in Fort Wayne, click this link.
Lowering your auto insurance rates is an easy way to save money. All that’s required is to spend a little time getting comparison quotes from some recommended companies.
The companies in the list below are ready to provide free quotes in Indiana. To find the best cheap auto insurance in Fort Wayne, IN, it’s highly recommended you click on several of them to find the cheapest auto insurance rates.
Will just any policy work for me?
When it comes to insurance from an agent or online, there really isn’t a “best” method to buy coverage. Everyone’s situation is a little different so your insurance needs to address that.
These are some specific questions might point out if you would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- Can good grades get a discount?
- Am I covered when driving in Canada or Mexico?
- Does my liability insurance cover pulling a trailer or camper?
- What if a claim settlement is too low?
- Do they offer discounts for home and auto coverage?
- What exactly is covered by my policy?
- Does my Hyundai Tiburon need full coverage?
- I have health insurance so do I need medical payments coverage?
- Am I covered if I hit a deer?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but a few of them apply then you might want to talk to a licensed insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, complete this form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area. It only takes a few minutes and may give you better protection.
You may need help from an insurance agent
Many drivers prefer to buy from a licensed agent and that is a personal choice. Good insurance agents can help you build your policy and will help you if you have claims. The best thing about comparing rate quotes online is the fact that you can find the best rates but also keep your business local. Putting coverage with local insurance agents is important particularly in Fort Wayne.
To find an agent, once you fill out this form (opens in new window), your coverage information is sent to insurance agents in Fort Wayne who can give free rate quotes to get your business. It’s much easier because you don’t need to do any legwork because quoted prices will be sent immediately to you. If you wish to compare rates from a specific company, don’t hesitate to go to their quote page and complete a quote there.
Insurance agent types
If you prefer to buy auto insurance from a reliable insurance agency, you must know there are a couple types of agencies that you can choose from. Fort Wayne agents can be classified as either independent or exclusive. Both types of agents can sell auto insurance policies, but it’s important to point out the subtle differences since it can affect which agent you choose.
Independent Insurance Agents
These agents are not employed by one company so they can write business with multiple insurance companies and find you cheaper rates. If you want to switch companies, an independent agent can move your coverage and you stay with the same agent. If you are comparing rate quotes, it’s recommended you compare prices from at least one independent agent to get the best comparison. They often place coverage with smaller companies which may have better rates.
Featured below is a short list of independent agents in Fort Wayne that may be able to give you rate quotes.
- Real Estate Agents Health Insurance Direct
8411 Clinton Park Dr – Fort Wayne, IN 46825 – (855) 343-7344 – View Map
- Hupe Insurance Services
7011 Stellhorn Rd – Fort Wayne, IN 46815 – (800) 701-5909 – View Map
- Hoch Insurance Inc
209 E Washington Center Rd – Fort Wayne, IN 46825 – (260) 471-7555 – View Map
Agents of this type can only quote rates from one company like Farmers Insurance and State Farm. Exclusive agents cannot provide other company’s prices so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. Exclusive agents are usually well trained on sales techniques which aids in selling service over price. Drivers often choose to use an exclusive agent mainly due to the prominence of the brand rather than having low rates.
Shown below is a list of exclusive insurance agencies in Fort Wayne who can help you get rate quotes.
- John Carr – State Farm Insurance Agent
1018 E Dupont Rd – Fort Wayne, IN 46825 – (260) 489-3838 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Merle K. Maples
3017 E State Blvd – Fort Wayne, IN 46805 – (260) 483-6583 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Kevin Gwozdz
5721 Covington Rd – Fort Wayne, IN 46804 – (260) 436-2866 – View Map
Picking an insurance agent should include more criteria than just the quoted price. Some important questions to ask are:
- Do they get paid more for recommending certain coverages?
- Does the company have a solid financial rating?
- Do they offer accident forgiveness?
- Are they primarily personal or commercial lines agents in Fort Wayne?
- Are all drivers listed on the coverage quote?
- If you are a high risk driver, do they have special markets for your coverage?
- Are they giving you every discount you deserve?
- Does the company allow you to choose your own collision repair facility?
What insurance coverages do you need?
Having a good grasp of a insurance policy can be of help when determining the right coverages at the best deductibles and correct limits. The terms used in a policy can be confusing and coverage can change by endorsement. These are the normal coverages found on the average insurance policy.
Collision coverage will pay to fix damage to your Tiburon resulting from a collision with another car or object. You have to pay a deductible then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision coverage protects against things such as sustaining damage from a pot hole, sideswiping another vehicle, hitting a mailbox and crashing into a ditch. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so consider removing coverage from vehicles that are 8 years or older. You can also choose a higher deductible on your Tiburon in order to get cheaper collision rates.
Coverage for medical expenses
Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance reimburse you for short-term medical expenses for things like chiropractic care, prosthetic devices and pain medications. They are often used to fill the gap from your health insurance program or if you lack health insurance entirely. Coverage applies to not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants as well as getting struck while a pedestrian. Personal Injury Protection is not an option in every state and may carry a deductible
This coverage pays for damage that is not covered by collision coverage. You first must pay your deductible and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive coverage protects against claims such as damage from a tornado or hurricane, hitting a deer, hitting a bird and fire damage. The maximum amount you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the actual cash value, so if it’s not worth much more than your deductible consider dropping full coverage.
Coverage for uninsured or underinsured drivers
This coverage gives you protection when other motorists do not carry enough liability coverage. This coverage pays for injuries to you and your family as well as damage to your Hyundai Tiburon.
Since a lot of drivers have only the minimum liability required by law (25/50/10 in Indiana), it doesn’t take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages should not be overlooked. Normally your uninsured/underinsured motorist coverages are similar to your liability insurance amounts.
Liability coverage protects you from damage or injury you incur to other people or property in an accident. It protects YOU against claims from other people. It does not cover damage sustained by your vehicle in an accident.
Coverage consists of three different limits, bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. You might see limits of 25/50/10 which stand for $25,000 in coverage for each person’s injuries, a per accident bodily injury limit of $50,000, and $10,000 of coverage for damaged property. Some companies may use one number which is a combined single limit which provides one coverage limit without having the split limit caps.
Liability coverage protects against claims like bail bonds, emergency aid, attorney fees and funeral expenses. How much liability should you purchase? That is a personal decision, but you should buy higher limits if possible. Indiana state law requires minimum liability limits of 25/50/10 but it’s recommended drivers buy better liability coverage.
The next chart shows why buying the state minimum limits may not provide adequate coverage.
Find affordable rates by comparing often
When searching for the cheapest Hyundai Tiburon rate quotes, don’t be tempted to skimp on coverage in order to save money. In many instances, consumers will sacrifice comprehensive coverage or liability limits to discover at claim time that they should have had better coverage. Your focus should be to buy a smart amount of coverage for the lowest cost while not skimping on critical coverages.
In this article, we presented some good ideas how to compare Hyundai Tiburon insurance car insurance rates in Fort Wayne. The key thing to remember is the more quotes you get, the higher your chance of finding low cost Fort Wayne auto insurance quotes. Drivers may even discover the lowest car insurance rates are with some of the smallest insurance companies. They can often insure niche markets at a lower cost than their larger competitors like State Farm and Allstate.
Budget-friendly insurance in Fort Wayne is possible both online in addition to many Fort Wayne insurance agents, and you need to price shop both to get a complete price analysis. Some insurance companies may not offer online quoting and usually these regional insurance providers sell through independent insurance agencies.
- Safety Features for Your New Car (State Farm)
- Who Has Affordable Fort Wayne Auto Insurance for College Students? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for a Subaru Outback in Fort Wayne? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Fort Wayne Auto Insurance for Low Income Drivers? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Fort Wayne Auto Insurance Quotes for Single Moms? (FAQ)
- Determining Your Vehicle’s Value and Repair Cost (Insurance Information Institute)
- Where can I buy Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)
- What is Gap Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Your Car has been Stolen: Now What? (Allstate)