If you want to find the absolute lowest rates, then the best way to find more affordable auto insurance rates in Fort Wayne is to do a yearly price comparison from providers in Indiana.
- Try to comprehend coverages and the modifications you can make to prevent expensive coverage. Many policy risk factors that drive up the price like your driving record and a substandard credit score can be rectified by making minor changes in your lifestyle. Later in this article we will cover the details to get affordable coverage and earn a bigger discount.
- Compare prices from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can give quotes from a single company like GEICO or Allstate, while independent agencies can provide price quotes from many different companies. View companies
- Compare the price quotes to your current policy to see if cheaper Five Hundred coverage is available in Fort Wayne. If you find better rates and change companies, ensure coverage does not lapse between policies.
One key aspect when comparing rates is to use identical deductibles and limits on every price quote and and to get price estimates from as many auto insurance providers as possible. Doing this ensures a level playing field and plenty of rates choose from.
It’s an obvious statement that insurance companies don’t want policyholders to compare prices from other companies. Insureds who shop for lower prices are likely to buy a different policy because there is a significant possibility of finding a lower rate. A study discovered that drivers who compared rates annually saved about $72 a month compared to people who never shopped around for lower prices.
If finding the cheapest rates on auto insurance in Fort Wayne is your goal, knowing how to get rate quotes and compare insurance can help simplify the process.
Just remember that making a lot of price comparisons helps locate more affordable insurance.
The following companies provide free rate quotes in Indiana. To locate cheap car insurance in Fort Wayne, we recommend you visit two to three different companies in order to find the cheapest rates.
Score discounts on Fort Wayne car insurance
Buying car insurance is not cheap, but you can get discounts that can drop the cost substantially. A few discounts will automatically apply at quote time, but lesser-known reductions have to be specially asked for before you will receive the discount.
- ABS Brakes – Cars with ABS and/or traction control have fewer accidents and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Multiple Vehicles – Drivers who insure all your vehicles on the same car insurance policy can get a discount for every vehicle.
- Accident Forgiveness – Not a discount per se, but a handful of insurance companies will forgive one accident before hitting you with a surcharge if your claims history is clear for a particular time prior to the accident.
- No Claim Discounts – Insureds with no claims or accidents can earn big discounts compared to drivers who are more careless.
- Low Mileage – Maintaining low annual mileage could qualify for slightly better car insurance rates than normal.
- Early Renewal Discounts – Select car insurance companies give a discount for buying a policy prior to your current Five Hundred insurance policy expiring. This discount can save up to 10%.
- Discount for Good Grades – Getting good grades could provide a savings of up to 20% or more. Earning this discount can benefit you up until you turn 25.
Discounts lower rates, but most of the big mark downs will not be given to the overall cost of the policy. The majority will only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as medical payments or collision. So when the math indicates you could get a free car insurance policy, companies don’t profit that way.
Auto insurance companies that may offer quotes with most of these discounts include:
Before you buy a policy, ask every insurance company how you can save money. Discounts may not apply to policyholders everywhere. To see insurance companies that offer multiple discounts in Fort Wayne, click here.
Auto insurance agents can give valuable advice
Some consumers would prefer to talk to a local agent and that is just fine! One of the great benefits of comparing car insurance online is that you can find lower rates but also keep your business local. Buying from and supporting neighborhood insurance agencies is important especially in Fort Wayne.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this quick form, your coverage information is transmitted to local insurance agents that give free quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won’t have to search for an agent since rate quotes are delivered to your email. You can most likely find cheaper rates AND an agent nearby. If for some reason you want to quote rates from a specific car insurance provider, you would need to go to their quote page and submit a quote form there.
If you want a reliable insurance agent, it can be helpful to understand the types of insurance agents and how they are slightly different. Car insurance agents in Fort Wayne are either independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive.
Independent Car Insurance Agencies
Independent agents often have many company appointments and that gives them the ability to insure with an assortment of companies and find the cheapest car insurance rates. If you want to switch companies, your agent can switch companies which requires no work on your part.
If you are comparing rate quotes, you will definitely want to get quotes from several independent insurance agents so that you have a good selection of quotes to compare.
Shown below are independent agents in Fort Wayne who can help you get free car insurance rate quotes.
Exclusive Car Insurance Agencies
Exclusive agencies can only write with one company such as Allstate, State Farm and Farmers Insurance. Exclusive agencies are unable to provide rate quotes from other companies so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. Exclusive insurance agents are trained well on their company’s products which helps overcome the inability to quote other rates.
The following are exclusive insurance agencies in Fort Wayne willing to provide rate quotes.
Picking a insurance agency should include more criteria than just a cheap price quote. The following questions are important to ask.
- What kind of financial rating does the company have?
- What are their preferred companies if they are an independent agency?
- Is the agency involved in supporting local community causes?
- How long have they worked with personal auto insurance coverage?
- Will one accident increase rates?
- Does the agency have a positive business rating?
- Are they primarily personal or commercial lines agents in Fort Wayne?
Which is the best auto insurance?
When choosing coverage online or from an agent, there really is no “perfect” insurance plan. Your needs are unique to you.
For example, these questions might point out if your insurance needs may require specific advice.
- Is motorclub coverage worth it?
- Should I pay a claim out-of-pocket?
- Is my custom stereo system covered?
- Is pleasure use cheaper than using my Ford Five Hundred to commute?
- Is my state a no-fault state?
- Which is better, split liability limits or combined limits?
- Can good grades get a discount?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but you know they apply to you, you might consider talking to an agent. If you don’t have a local agent, take a second and complete this form.
Why you need to buy insurance
Even though Fort Wayne Five Hundred insurance rates can get expensive, insuring your vehicle is required in Indiana but also provides important benefits.
- Almost all states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to buy specific limits of liability in order to be legal. In Indiana these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your Five Hundred, it’s guaranteed your bank will make it a condition of the loan that you carry insurance to guarantee payment of the loan. If you do not keep the policy in force, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Ford at a significantly higher premium and force you to pay for the much more expensive policy.
- Insurance safeguards both your Ford Five Hundred and your personal assets. It will also cover hospital and medical expenses for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. Liability insurance also covers legal expenses if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, your policy will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of having insurance outweigh the cost, particularly for liability claims. Today the average American driver is overpaying more than $700 annually so you should quote rates every year to save money.
Specific coverage details
Having a good grasp of your policy aids in choosing appropriate coverage and proper limits and deductibles. Insurance terms can be confusing and reading a policy is terribly boring.
Uninsured Motorist or Underinsured Motorist insurance
This gives you protection when the “other guys” do not carry enough liability coverage. Covered claims include injuries to you and your family and damage to your Ford Five Hundred.
Since a lot of drivers carry very low liability coverage limits (25/50/10), their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage is a good idea. Most of the time these limits are set the same as your liability limits.
This coverage will cover damages or injuries you inflict on people or other property in an accident. Liability coverage has three limits: bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage. Your policy might show liability limits of 25/50/10 that means you have $25,000 in coverage for each person’s injuries, a per accident bodily injury limit of $50,000, and $10,000 of coverage for damaged property. Another option is a combined limit which limits claims to one amount rather than limiting it on a per person basis.
Liability insurance covers claims like loss of income, emergency aid, bail bonds and repair bills for other people’s vehicles. How much liability coverage do you need? That is a decision to put some thought into, but you should buy as much as you can afford. Indiana state minimum liability requirements are 25/50/10 but you should consider buying higher limits.
The next chart demonstrates why buying low liability limits may not provide adequate coverage.
Comprehensive coverage (or Other than Collision)
This will pay to fix damage from a wide range of events other than collision. You first have to pay a deductible and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage pays for things like hitting a deer, a broken windshield, hail damage, falling objects and damage from flooding. The highest amount you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the cash value of the vehicle, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value consider dropping full coverage.
Coverage for collisions
Collision coverage covers damage to your Five Hundred resulting from a collision with an object or car. You first must pay a deductible then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision coverage protects against claims such as driving through your garage door, scraping a guard rail, rolling your car and crashing into a building. This coverage can be expensive, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from vehicles that are 8 years or older. Another option is to raise the deductible on your Five Hundred in order to get cheaper collision rates.
Insurance for medical payments
Med pay and PIP coverage pay for immediate expenses for ambulance fees, EMT expenses, funeral costs, hospital visits and pain medications. They are often utilized in addition to your health insurance policy or if you do not have health coverage. They cover you and your occupants and also covers getting struck while a pedestrian. PIP coverage is not an option in every state and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
Don’t give up on cheap rates
We just presented a lot of ways to get a better price on Ford Five Hundred insurance in Fort Wayne. The key thing to remember is the more quotes you get, the better chance you’ll have of finding affordable Ford Five Hundred insurance quotes. You may even find the best car insurance rates are with some of the smallest insurance companies.
Consumers switch companies for any number of reasons including high prices, policy cancellation, policy non-renewal and even delays in responding to claim requests. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, choosing a new insurance company can be less work than you think.
Cheap Ford Five Hundred insurance in Fort Wayne is possible on the web in addition to many Fort Wayne insurance agents, and you should compare rates from both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. There are still a few companies who do not provide online quoting and many times these regional insurance providers only sell coverage through independent insurance agencies.
More detailed auto insurance information is available in these articles:
- Collision Insurance Coverage (Nationwide)
- How Much are Fort Wayne Car Insurance Quotes for a 20 Year Old Female? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for a Subaru Forester in Fort Wayne? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Rates for 19 Year Olds in Fort Wayne? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Quotes for a 20 Year Old Male in Fort Wayne? (FAQ)
- Rental Reimbursement Coverage (Allstate)
- Smart Auto Insurance Tips (Insurance Information Institute)
- Teen Driver Licensing Information (iihs.org)
- Choosing a Car for Your Teen (State Farm)