It’s safe to conclude that car insurance companies don’t want their policyholders to compare prices. Drivers who perform rate comparisons will probably switch companies because of the good chance of finding a policy with more affordable rates. A recent auto insurance study discovered that consumers who compared rates annually saved on average $3,450 over four years compared to those who never shopped around for lower prices.
If finding the lowest rates on auto insurance in Fort Wayne is the reason for your visit, then learning about how to find companies and compare auto insurance can make the process more efficient.
It takes a little time, but the best way to find cheaper car insurance rates in Fort Wayne is to begin comparing prices regularly from different companies in Indiana. Rates can be compared by completing these steps.
First, get an understanding of how insurance works and the modifications you can make to prevent expensive coverage. Many risk factors that result in higher rates such as speeding tickets, careless driving and a lousy credit rating can be rectified by making minor changes to your lifestyle. Later in this article we will cover more information to get affordable coverage and find additional discounts you may qualify for.
Second, request rate estimates from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive and direct companies can only give rate quotes from one company like GEICO and State Farm, while agents who are independent can quote rates from multiple companies.
Third, compare the new rate quotes to your current policy premium and determine if there is any savings. If you can save money, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
Fourth, provide notification to your current company to cancel your current auto insurance policy. Submit payment and a signed application for the new coverage. As soon as you have the new policy, put the certificate of insurance with your vehicle’s registration.
A good piece of advice is to compare identical coverages on every quote and and to compare as many companies as you can. This helps ensure an accurate price comparison and plenty of rates choose from.
Companies offering Volvo S60 insurance in Fort Wayne
The car insurance companies shown below can provide price quotes in Fort Wayne, IN. To get cheap auto insurance in Fort Wayne, IN, we suggest you compare several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
Lower-cost Volvo S60 insurance in Fort Wayne
Insurance can cost an arm and a leg, but you may find discounts that may help make it more affordable. Some trigger automatically at the time of purchase, but once in a while a discount must be asked about in order for you to get them.
- Accident Free – Claim-free drivers get the best insurance rates when compared with policyholders that have many claims.
- Safety Course Discount – Successfully completing a driver safety class is a good idea and can lower rates and also improve your driving technique.
- Student in College – Youth drivers who are enrolled in higher education away from home and do not take a car to college may be insured at a cheaper rate.
- Student Discounts – Maintaining excellent grades may save you up to 25%. You can use this discount normally up to age 25.
- Multiple Cars – Having all your vehicles on the same insurance policy can get a discount for every vehicle.
- Full Payment Discount – If you pay your entire premium ahead of time rather than paying monthly you can avoid monthly service charges.
- Accident Waiver – This one isn’t a discount, but some insurance companies will turn a blind eye to one accident without getting socked with a rate hike if you are claim-free prior to being involved in the accident.
- Save over 55 – Drivers over the age of 55 may qualify for lower premium rates.
- Anti-lock Brake Discount – Vehicles that have anti-lock braking systems have fewer accidents and will save you 10% or more on S60 insurance in Fort Wayne.
- Switch and Save Discount – A few insurance companies give discounts for buying a policy early. The savings is around 10%.
While discounts sound great, it’s important to understand that many deductions do not apply to the entire policy premium. A few only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as medical payments or collision. So despite the fact that it appears it’s possible to get free car insurance, it just doesn’t work that way.
Companies and their offered discounts include:
- Farm Bureau has savings for multi-vehicle, driver training, safe driver, youthful driver, 55 and retired, good student, and renewal discount.
- Liberty Mutual policyholders can earn discounts including exclusive group savings, new move discount, hybrid vehicle, new vehicle discount, newly married, multi-policy, and safety features.
- State Farm offers premium reductions for accident-free, safe vehicle, multiple autos, student away at school, and Drive Safe & Save.
- Auto-Owners Insurance has discounts for paid in full, anti-lock brakes, group or association, good student, teen driver, and company car.
- GEICO may have discounts that include good student, anti-theft, multi-policy, driver training, five-year accident-free, air bags, and seat belt use.
- SAFECO includes discounts for teen safe driver, anti-theft, multi-car, anti-lock brakes, and safe driver.
When getting free Fort Wayne car insurance quotes, it’s a good idea to every company which credits you are entitled to. Depending on the company, some discounts may not apply to policies in Fort Wayne. To choose insurance companies that offer discounts in Indiana, follow this link.
Insurance Rate Influencing Factors
Lots of factors are used when pricing auto insurance. Some are obvious like a motor vehicle report, but some are less obvious such as your credit history or your financial responsibility.
The type of vehicle makes a difference – The performance level of the car or truck you need to insure makes a big difference in your rates. Small economy passenger cars usually are quite affordable to insure, but the final cost of insurance is determined by many other factors.
Higher comp and collision deductibles are cheaper – Protection for physical damage, also called ‘full coverage’, is used to repair damage to your Volvo. Examples of covered claims would be a dented fender, hail damage, and windstorm damage. Comprehensive and collision coverage deductibles are the amount of money you are willing to pay if a claim is determined to be covered. The more you pay before a claim is paid (deductible), the bigger discount you will receive.
Urban areas may pay more – Residing in a small town is a good thing if you are looking for the lowest rates. Fewer drivers and short commutes translates into fewer accidents. People who live in big cities have more auto accidents and higher rates of accident claims. More time commuting translates into higher accident risk.
Liability is critical – Liability coverage will protect you in the event that you are found liable for an accident. It provides for a legal defense which can be incredibly expensive. This coverage is very inexpensive compared to other policy coverages, so insureds should have plenty of protection for their assets.
Do you qualify for a multi-policy discount? – Some insurance companies will give lower prices to clients that purchase more than one policy in the form of a multi-policy discount. Even though this discount sounds good, it’s always a smart idea to compare Volvo S60 rates in Fort Wayne to ensure the best deal.
Maintain insurance coverage – Driving your car without having proper coverage is a big no-no and companies may charge more for letting your coverage cancel without a new policy in place. In addition to paying higher rates, failure to provide proof of insurance can result in a hefty fine and possibly a revoked license.
Men tend to take more risk – Statistics show females are less aggressive when driving. It does not mean men are WORSE drivers than women. Both genders are in auto accidents in similar numbers, but the men have costlier accidents. Men also tend to have more aggressive citations like reckless driving and DUI. Young men ages 16 to 20 are the most expensive to insure so it costs more to insure them.
Insurance loss data for Volvo S60 vehicles – Car insurance companies analyze past claim statistics when they set coverage costs for each model. Vehicles that historically have a trend towards higher claims will have increased rates. The table below shows the insurance loss data for Volvo S60 vehicles.
For each policy coverage, the statistical loss for all vehicles, without regard to make or model, is equal to 100. Percentage numbers below 100 suggest a positive loss record, while numbers above 100 show a trend for more claims or a tendency for losses to be larger than average.
|Vehicle Make and Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Volvo S60 4dr 2WD||103||85||83||76||72||65|
|Volvo S60 4dr 4WD||111||73||90||65||66|
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years
Tailor your insurance coverage to you
When it comes to buying adequate coverage for your vehicles, there really is not a “perfect” insurance plan. Every situation is different and your insurance should unique, too.
For example, these questions could help you determine if your situation will benefit from professional help.
- Does coverage extend to my business vehicle?
- Is my camper covered by my car insurance policy?
- Why am I required to get a high-risk car insurance policy?
- What discounts do I qualify for?
- Why do I only qualify for high-risk insurance?
- Does car insurance cover theft of personal property?
- Are my friends covered when driving my Volvo S60?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but you think they might apply to your situation, then you may want to think about talking to an insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, complete this form or go to this page to view a list of companies.
Compare rate quotes but buy from a local neighborhood Fort Wayne car insurance agent
Many people just prefer to buy from a licensed agent. One of the benefits of getting online price quotes is that drivers can save money and get the lowest rates and still buy from a local agent. Buying from local agents is important particularly in Fort Wayne.
After completing this form (opens in new window), the quote information is submitted to companies in Fort Wayne that can give you free Fort Wayne car insurance quotes for your insurance coverage. You never need to search for any insurance agencies because prices are sent to you instantly. It’s the lowest rates without requiring a lot of work. In the event you want to compare rates for a specific company, you can always go to their quote page and submit a quote form there.
If you are wanting to find a good insurance agency, it can be helpful to understand the types of agencies and how they differ in how they quote coverages. Agents in Fort Wayne are either exclusive agents or independent agents.
Independent Insurance Agencies or Brokers
These agents can quote rates with many companies so they can write business with many different companies and possibly get better coverage at lower prices. If they quote lower rates, they simply switch companies in-house and the insured can keep the same agent. When comparing rates, you absolutely need to compare quotes from independent agents to get the most accurate price comparison.
Below are Fort Wayne independent insurance agents that can give you competitive price quotes.
Nationwide Insurance: Thompson Insurance and Financial Services Inc
10355 Dawsons Creek Blvd A – Fort Wayne, IN 46825 – (260) 347-4722 – View Map
These type of agents have only one company to place business with like Farmers Insurance, Allstate, or State Farm. Exclusive agents cannot place coverage with different providers so they have to upsell other benefits. They are well trained on what they offer which helps overcome the inability to quote other rates.
The following is a list of exclusive agents in Fort Wayne willing to provide comparison quotes.
John Hayes – State Farm Insurance Agent
6407 Stellhorn Rd – Fort Wayne, IN 46815 – (260) 486-4711 – View Map
Choosing an car insurance agent should depend on more than just a cheap price quote. Get answers to these questions too.
- Does the agent recommend any additional coverage?
- What will you get paid if your car is a total loss? How is that amount determined?
- Are aftermarket or OEM parts used to repair vehicles?
- Will you be dealing directly with the agent or with a Custom Service Representative (CSR)?
- Is the agent CPCU or CIC certified?
- Will the company cover a rental car if your car is getting fixed?
- Does the company have a local claim office in Fort Wayne?
Auto insurance company ratings
Buying coverage from the best insurance provider can be difficult considering how many companies there are in Indiana. The company information in the next section can help you select which insurers to look at when comparing rates.
Top 10 Fort Wayne Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Service
- State Farm
- Safeco Insurance
- American Family
- Titan Insurance
- Liberty Mutual
- Erie Insurance
Top 10 Fort Wayne Car Insurance Companies Overall
- 21st Century
- AAA Insurance
- Liberty Mutual
- Safeco Insurance
- State Farm
- American Family
Don’t give up on cheaper coverage
We just covered many ways to find lower-cost Volvo S60 insurance in Fort Wayne. The most important thing to understand is the more companies you get prices for, the higher your chance of finding affordable Fort Wayne car insurance quotes. You may even discover the best premium rates are with the smaller companies. Regional companies may have significantly lower prices on certain market segments than the large multi-state companies such as Progressive or GEICO.
A few companies do not provide online price quotes and most of the time these smaller companies provide coverage only through local independent agencies. More affordable auto insurance in Fort Wayne can be bought on the web and from local agencies, and you need to comparison shop both to get a complete price analysis.
Additional information is located at these links:
- Smart Auto Insurance Tips (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for 16 Year Olds in Fort Wayne? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Rates for a Jeep Grand Cherokee in Fort Wayne? (FAQ)
- Auto Insurance FAQ (Farmers Insurance)
- If I File a Claim will My Insurance Go Up? (Insurance Information Institute)