If you want to save money, the best way to find cheaper prices for car insurance rates in Fort Wayne is to make a habit of comparing prices annually from companies in Indiana.
Step 1: Try to understand what coverages are included in your policy and the measures you can take to keep rates in check. Many rating criteria that drive up the price like careless driving and a low credit rating can be improved by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes.
Step 2: Compare price quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only give rate quotes from a single company like GEICO and Allstate, while agents who are independent can quote prices from many different companies. Start a quote
Step 3: Compare the new rates to the premium of your current policy and determine if cheaper Optima Hybrid coverage is available in Fort Wayne. If you find a lower rate, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
Step 4: Give notification to your agent or company to cancel your current auto insurance policy. Submit a down payment along with a signed application to the new company. Once the application is submitted, put the certificate verifying proof of insurance in an easily accessible location in your vehicle.
A good piece of advice is to use identical coverages on every quote request and and to get rate quotes from as many companies as feasibly possible. This enables a fair price comparison and a complete selection of prices.
A recent insurance study discovered that nearly 70% of consumers have purchased from the same company for four years or more, and just short of a majority have never compared rate quotes at all. With the average insurance premium being $1,847, American drivers could save 47% every year, but they assume it’s a waste of time to find cheaper insurance rates.
If you’re already insured or need new coverage, use these techniques to lower your rates while maximizing coverage. This information will instruct you on how to effectively get price quotes and also save some money in the process You only need to know the most effective way to get comparison rates from many companies at once.
Companies offering Kia Optima Hybrid insurance in Fort Wayne
The companies shown below are our best choices to provide quotes in Fort Wayne, IN. If your goal is to find cheap auto insurance in Fort Wayne, we suggest you get rate quotes from several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Get cheaper Kia Optima Hybrid insurance rates in Fort Wayne
Not many people think insurance is cheap, but you might already qualify for some discounts that could help you make your next renewal payment. Some discounts apply automatically when you complete an application, but a few must be requested specifically before they will apply. If you check and find you aren’t receiving every discount you deserve, you may be paying too high a price.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Low mileage vehicles may allow you to get substantially lower rates.
- ABS and Traction Control Discounts – Vehicles with ABS braking systems or traction control can avoid accidents so companies give up to a 10% discount.
- Good Students Pay Less – Being a good student can be rewarded with saving of up to 25%. Many companies even apply the discount to college students up to age 25.
- 55 and Retired – If you qualify as a senior citizen, you may qualify for better auto insurance rates.
- Fort Wayne Homeowners Discount – Just being a homeowner may trigger a policy discount on auto insurance because owning a home is proof that your finances are in order.
- Accident Forgiveness – Not really a discount, but certain companies will turn a blind eye to one accident before hitting you with a surcharge if you are claim-free for a certain period of time.
- Passenger Safety Discount – Vehicles with factory air bags or automatic seat belts can receive discounts of 20 to 30 percent.
- Safety Restraint Discount – Using a seat belt and requiring all passengers to buckle up before driving could save 15% on medical payment and PIP coverage.
It’s important to understand that most discount credits are not given to the entire cost. Some only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as liability and collision coverage. So when the math indicates adding up those discounts means a free policy, you’re out of luck.
Companies and some of the premium reductions they offer are:
- State Farm may have discounts that include defensive driving training, student away at school, safe vehicle, passive restraint, driver’s education, good student, and Drive Safe & Save.
- American Family has discounts for defensive driver, early bird, mySafetyValet, TimeAway discount, good driver, and bundled insurance.
- AAA offers discounts for multi-car, anti-theft, good student, pay-in-full, good driver, AAA membership discount, and multi-policy.
- GEICO offers premium reductions for federal employee, anti-lock brakes, anti-theft, driver training, membership and employees, military active duty, and good student.
- Mercury Insurance offers discounts including multi-car, accident-free, annual mileage, low natural disaster claims, and professional/association.
- Farmers Insurance policyholders can earn discounts including youthful driver, early shopping, alternative fuel, electronic funds transfer, pay in full, good student, and mature driver.
- Progressive may offer discounts for good student, continuous coverage, homeowner, multi-policy, online quote discount, and online signing.
When getting free Fort Wayne auto insurance quotes, it’s a good idea to all the companies which discounts they offer. Some of the discounts discussed earlier may not apply in Fort Wayne. To see companies who offer auto insurance discounts in Indiana, follow this link.
Eight factors that influence insurance rates
Lots of factors are part of the equation when you get your auto insurance bill. Some factors are common sense such as traffic violations, although others are more obscure such as whether you are married or your commute time. Consumers need to have an understanding of the factors that help calculate your premiums. When you know what positively or negatively impacts premium levels, this empowers consumers to make smart changes that may reward you with lower premium levels.
The following are some of the things used by your company to calculate rates.
- Save money by eliminating extra coverages – There are a lot of optional add-on coverages that you can buy if you don’t pay attention. Insurance for coverage for rental cars, better glass coverage, and extra life insurance coverage may be costing you every month. The coverages may be enticing at first, but if they’re wasting money think about removing them and cutting costs.
- Your job can affect prices – Jobs like real estate brokers, air traffic controllers, and financial analysts usually pay higher premium rates in part from high stress levels and extremely grueling work hours. Other jobs such as farmers, students and performers have lower than average premiums.
- Consolidate policies and save – Most insurance companies will give better rates for people who have multiple policies with them. It’s known as a multi-policy discount. Discounts can be ten or even up to twenty percent in some cases. If you currently are using one company, consumers should still get quotes from other companies to confirm you are receiving the best rates possible. You may still be able to find better rates by insuring with multiple companies.
- Five star safety rating saves money – Safer cars cost less to insure. Safer cars protect occupants better and reduced instances of injuries means less claims paid and thus lower rates. If the Kia Optima Hybrid has at least an “acceptable” rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website you may qualify for a discount.
- Liability insurance safeguards assets – Your insurance policy’s liability coverage kicks in in the event that you are determined to be liable for causing damage or personal injury in an accident. Your liability coverage provides for a legal defense up to the limits shown on your policy. This coverage is very inexpensive compared to insuring for physical damage coverage, so drivers should carry high limits.
- Better prices with anti-theft devices – Driving a car that has an advanced theft prevention system can get you a discount on your insurance. Anti-theft devices like vehicle immobilizer systems, General Motors OnStar and LoJack tracking systems all help stop your car from being stolen.
- High credit equals lower premiums – An insured’s credit history is likely to be a major factor in determining what you pay. So if your credit score can use some improvement, you could potentially save money when insuring your Kia Optima Hybrid by improving your credit score. Insureds that have good credit tend to be more responsible than drivers who have lower ratings.
- Gender matters – The statistics show women are more cautious behind the wheel. That doesn’t necessarily mean that males are worse at driving than females. Women and men cause accidents at a similar rate, but guys cause more damage and cost insurance companies more money. Not only are claims higher, but men receive more major tickets such as driving while intoxicated (DWI) or driving recklessly. Male drivers age 16 to 19 are the most expensive to insure and therefore have the most expensive insurance rates.
Kia Optima Hybrid historical loss data – Auto insurance companies analyze historical claim data when they file their rates in each state. Vehicles that historically have higher frequency or amount of claims will cost more for specific coverages. The data below shows the insurance loss data for Kia Optima Hybrid vehicles.
For each policy coverage, the claim probability for all vehicles averaged together is represented as 100. Values below 100 suggest a positive loss record, while values that are 100 or greater point to more losses or an increased chance of larger losses than average.
Auto Insurance Loss Data for Kia Optima Hybrid Models Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Kia Optima Hybrid 143 115 116 139 158 151BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years
Will just any policy work for me?
Always remember that when buying the best car insurance coverage, there isn’t really a single plan that fits everyone. You are unique.
These are some specific questions might help in determining whether you would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- Is a driver training discount available?
- How can I force my company to pay a claim?
- When would I need additional glass coverage?
- Is my business laptop covered if it gets stolen from my vehicle?
- Is pet coverage available?
- Do all my vehicles need collision coverage?
- Do I have coverage if I rent a car in Mexico?
- What is the premium to book value ratio for dropping full coverage?
- What policy terms are available?
- Will my insurance pay for OEM parts?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions, you may need to chat with an insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, take a second and complete this form. It only takes a few minutes and may give you better protection.
You may need help from an agent
Certain consumers still like to buy from a local agent and that is a personal choice. Most agents are very good at helping people manage risk and help in the event of a claim. An additional benefit of price shopping on the web is that drivers can save money and get cheaper rates and also buy local. Buying from and supporting local agencies is especially important in Fort Wayne.
After filling out this short form, your insurance coverage information is immediately sent to local insurance agents that give free quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. There is no need to drive around because prices are sent directly to you. If you wish to get a comparison quote from a specific car insurance provider, just go to their quote page and submit a quote form there.
When narrowing the list to find local Fort Wayne agents, it can be helpful to understand the types of insurance agents and how they operate. Insurance agencies in Fort Wayne can be classified as either independent or exclusive. Both types can sell car insurance policies, but it’s worth learning the difference in how they write coverage because it can factor into buying decisions.
Independent Car Insurance Agencies
Agents of this type often have many company appointments and that enables them to quote your coverage with an assortment of companies and possibly get better coverage at lower prices. To transfer your coverage to a different company, the business is moved internally and the insured can keep the same agent.
When searching for an agent, we recommend you get some free quotes from several independent agencies to ensure the widest selection of prices. Most also have access to less well-known companies that many times have cheaper rates.
Shown below is a small list of independent agents in Fort Wayne that can possibly get you pricing information.
- PMG Agency
3711 Rupp Dr #103 – Fort Wayne, IN 46835 – (260) 436-9669 – View Map
- InsureOne Insurance Agency
3213 E State Blvd – Fort Wayne, IN 46805 – (260) 216-0024 – View Map
- Schultheis Agency Insurance
1910 St Joe Center Rd – Fort Wayne, IN 46825 – (260) 480-0208 – View Map
Exclusive agencies work for only one company like State Farm, AAA, and Liberty Mutual. They usually cannot provide rate quotes from other companies so you might not find the best rates. Exclusive agencies are highly trained on their products and sales techniques which helps them compete with independent agents. A lot of people use the same exclusive agent partially due to the prominent brand name rather than having the cheapest rates.
The following are Fort Wayne exclusive agents that can give you price quote information.
- Allstate Insurance: Justin Harkelroad
8812 Coldwater Rd – Fort Wayne, IN 46825 – (260) 489-0156 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Steven Westrick
8938 Lima Rd Suite R – Fort Wayne, IN 46818 – (260) 489-3977 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Susan L. Law
5308 St Joe Rd – Fort Wayne, IN 46835 – (260) 492-6254 – View Map
Choosing a insurance agency should depend on more than just a low price. Here are some questions to ask:
- Do the agents have professional certifications like CPCU or CIC?
- Will you be dealing directly with the agent or with a Custom Service Representative (CSR)?
- Are they paid to recommend certain coverages?
- Do you need full coverage on every vehicle?
- Which company do they place the most coverage with?
- Is working in the agency their full-time job?
If you get positive responses for all questions you ask as well as a affordable price, you have narrowed it down to a car insurance agent that can be relied on to properly service your car insurance policy.
Don’t give up on cheaper rates
We just covered some good ideas how to reduce Kia Optima Hybrid insurance rates online in Fort Wayne. The most important thing to understand is the more times you quote, the higher your chance of finding low cost Fort Wayne auto insurance quotes. You may even discover the biggest savings come from some of the smallest insurance companies.
Cheaper Kia Optima Hybrid insurance in Fort Wayne is available on the web as well as from independent agents in Fort Wayne, and you need to comparison shop both to have the best chance of lowering rates. A few companies do not offer online rate quotes and many times these smaller providers only sell coverage through independent agents.
When searching for cheaper Fort Wayne auto insurance quotes, never sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. There are many occasions where an insured cut liability coverage limits only to regret that the savings was not a smart move. The ultimate goal is to buy a smart amount of coverage at the lowest possible cost while not skimping on critical coverages.
More detailed auto insurance information is located at these sites:
- Your Car has been Stolen: Now What? (Allstate)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Quotes for College Graduates in Fort Wayne? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance for Young Drivers in Fort Wayne? (FAQ)
- Hybrid vehicles cost insurers more (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Safety Features for Your New Car (State Farm)