The preferred way to quote cheaper auto insurance rates is to regularly compare quotes from providers who can sell car insurance in Fort Wayne. Rate comparisons can be done by following these steps.
Step 1: Spend a few minutes and learn about how insurance companies determine prices and the measures you can control to prevent rate increases. Many risk factors that cause rate increases like at-fault accidents, speeding tickets, and an unacceptable credit history can be controlled by paying attention to minor details. This article gives more ideas to help keep rates affordable and find more discounts that you may not know about.
Step 2: Request rate estimates from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive and direct companies can provide rates from one company like GEICO or State Farm, while independent agencies can quote prices for a wide range of insurance providers.
Step 3: Compare the quotes to your current policy premium to see if you can save by switching companies. If you find better rates and decide to switch, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
Step 4: Provide adequate notice to your current company of your intention to cancel your current car insurance policy. Submit a down payment along with a completed application for your new policy. Be sure to keep the new certificate verifying proof of insurance in an easily accessible location in your vehicle.
A valuable tip to remember is that you use identical coverage information on each price quote and and to get prices from every company you can. Doing this enables a level playing field and a thorough selection of prices.
It’s a known fact that auto insurance companies don’t want you quoting rates from other companies. People who shop around for better prices are highly likely to move their business because of the good chance of finding good coverage at a lower price. A recent auto insurance study discovered that drivers who did price comparisons regularly saved about $3,450 over four years compared to drivers who never compared rates.
If finding the lowest price for Dodge Stratus insurance is the reason you’re here, then understanding how to get free comparison quotes and analyze cheaper coverage can help simplify the process.
The quickest way to compare car insurance rates for Dodge Stratus insurance in Fort Wayne is to know most of the bigger providers participate in online systems to give free rates quotes. All consumers are required to do is provide details such as if you’re married, the ages of drivers, the type of vehicles you drive, and how your vehicles are used. Those rating factors is automatically sent to multiple top-rated companies and you will get price comparisons very quickly.
To find the cheapest Dodge Stratus insurance rates, click here then complete the form.
The providers in the list below offer comparison quotes in Fort Wayne, IN. To buy cheap auto insurance in Fort Wayne, IN, it’s a good idea that you visit two to three different companies to get the best price comparison.
It may be expensive, but it’s not optional
Despite the high cost, maintaining insurance is not optional due to several reasons.
- Most states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means you are required to buy a specific minimum amount of liability if you drive a vehicle. In Indiana these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your Dodge, almost every bank will make it a condition of the loan that you have physical damage coverage to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totaled. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the bank will be required to insure your Dodge for a lot more money and require you to pay much more than you were paying before.
- Insurance protects both your assets and your Dodge Stratus. It also can pay for medical expenses that are the result of an accident. Liability coverage also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit if you cause an accident and are sued. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance are definitely more than the cost, especially for larger claims. On average, a vehicle owner in Fort Wayne is overpaying over $800 each year so you should quote and compare rates once a year at a minimum to ensure rates are competitive.
Save Money with These Tips
An important part of buying insurance is that you know the different types of things that play a part in calculating your car insurance rates. If you have a feel for what impacts premium levels, this enables informed choices that could help you find cheaper rates. Lots of things are taken into consideration when pricing auto insurance. Most are fairly basic like an MVR report, although some other factors are more obscure like your vehicle usage or your commute time.
- How’s your driving record? – Having just one driving citation can bump up the cost to the point where it’s not affordable. Careful drivers have lower premiums than their less careful counterparts. Drivers with severe violations such as DWI, reckless driving or hit and run convictions may face state-mandated requirements to submit a SR-22 or proof of financial responsibility with their state motor vehicle department in order to prevent their license from being revoked.
- Do you really need to file those car insurance claims? – If you file a lot of claims you can look forward to much higher rates or policy non-renewal. Companies in Indiana generally give most affordable rates to drivers who only file infrequent claims. Insurance coverage is meant to be used in the event of major claims that would cause financial hardship.
- High performance equals high rates – The type of car you are buying insurance for makes a substantial difference in your car insurance bill. The lowest performance passenger cars usually have the lowest premiums, but the final cost of insurance is determined by many other factors.
- Reduce car insurance rates by driving cars with good safety ratings – Cars with five star safety ratings tend to be cheaper to insure. Safer cars protect occupants better and lower injury rates means lower claim amounts which can mean better rates for you. If the Dodge Stratus has ratings of a minimum four stars on Safercar.gov you may be receiving a better rate.
Get cheaper Dodge Stratus insurance rates in Fort Wayne
Insuring your fleet can be pricey, but there could be available discounts that can dramatically reduce your bill. Many discounts should be triggered at the time you complete a quote, but some discounts are required to be asked about before you will receive the discount.
- Professional Organizations – Being a member of a qualifying organization may earn a discount on car insurance.
- Driving Data Discount – Fort Wayne drivers who agree to allow data collection to look at when and where they use their vehicle by installing a telematics device like Drivewise from Allstate or In-Drive from State Farm could save a few bucks as long as the data is positive.
- Defensive Driver Discount – Completing a class that teaches defensive driving techniques is a good idea and can lower rates and easily pay for the cost of the class.
- Driver’s Ed – It’s a good idea to have your young drivers enroll in driver’s education in school or through a local driver safety program.
- Use Seat Belts – Requiring all passengers to use a seat belt can save 10% or more on medical payment and PIP coverage.
- Discount for Good Grades – Maintaining excellent grades can save 20 to 25%. Earning this discount can benefit you up until you turn 25.
- Sign Early and Save – Some car insurance companies provide a discount for renewing your policy prior to the expiration date on your current Stratus insurance policy. It could save around 10% when you buy Fort Wayne car insurance online.
- Responsible Drivers – Drivers who don’t get into accidents may receive a discount up to 45% compared to accident prone drivers.
- Active Military Service – Being deployed in the military could be rewarded with lower car insurance rates.
- Paperless Signup – Certain companies provide a small discount simply for signing over the internet.
You should keep in mind that most discount credits are not given to the overall cost of the policy. Most only cut the cost of specific coverages such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. Even though it appears it’s possible to get free car insurance, nobody gets a free ride.
If you would like to choose from a list of car insurance companies who offer free Dodge Stratus insurance quotes in Fort Wayne, click this link.
When should I discuss my situation with an agent?
When buying coverage for your vehicles, there really is no one-size-fits-all type of policy. Every insured’s situation is different.
These are some specific questions might point out whether your personal situation will benefit from professional help.
- How much coverage applies to personal belongings?
- Does every company file a SR-22 automatically?
- Which companies are cheaper for teen drivers?
- Does my policy cover me when driving someone else’s vehicle?
- What is GAP insurance?
- Does my policy pay for OEM or aftermarket parts?
- Can I afford to pay high deductible claims out of pocket?
- I have a DUI can I still get coverage?
- Should I have combined single limit or split liability limits?
- Which companies will insure high-risk drivers?
If you can’t answer these questions but one or more may apply to you, you may need to chat with a licensed agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, take a second and complete this form. It only takes a few minutes and can provide invaluable advice.
Can’t I compare rates from local Fort Wayne auto insurance agents?
Certain consumers would prefer to get advice from a local agent and that is not a bad decision Experienced insurance agents can make sure you are properly covered and help file insurance claims. A nice benefit of comparing rates online is you may find cheap insurance quotes and still have an agent to talk to.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this short form, your coverage information is transmitted to insurance agents in Fort Wayne that give free quotes for your insurance coverage. You don’t have to search for an agent because quoted prices will be sent instantly to you. If you want to compare rates for a specific company, you would need to jump over to their website and give them your coverage information.
Picking a company shouldn’t rely on just the bottom line cost. The following questions are important to ask.
- Do they specialize in personal lines coverage in Fort Wayne?
- Is the agency covered by Errors and Omissions coverage?
- Is the agency involved in supporting local community causes?
- How many years have they been established?
- Will their companies depreciate repairs to your car based on the mileage?
- Can they provide you with a list of referrals?
- What insurance companies do they work with in Fort Wayne?
- Will you get a loaner vehicle if you car is being repaired?
The difference between Fort Wayne car insurance agents
If you want to buy insurance from a reliable insurance agency, it can be helpful to understand the types of insurance agents from which to choose. Agencies in Fort Wayne can either be exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments. Either can properly insure your vehicles, but it is important to understand how they are different because it can impact your selection of an agent.
These type of agents can usually just insure with one company and some examples include AAA, Allstate, State Farm, or Farmers Insurance. They usually cannot give you multiple price quotes so you might not find the best rates. They are usually well trained on their company’s products which helps them sell on service rather than price. Some consumers prefer to use the same exclusive agent primarily because of the brand legacy and solid financial strength.
Shown below is a list of exclusive agents in Fort Wayne who may provide you with rate quotes.
- Allstate Insurance: Jay Raj
702 W Coliseum Blvd d – Fort Wayne, IN 46808 – (260) 484-5577 – View Map
- Sam Till Jr – State Farm Insurance Agent
615 Goshen Ave – Fort Wayne, IN 46808 – (260) 482-9623 – View Map
- Kent Paul – State Farm Insurance Agent
1505 W Dupont Rd – Fort Wayne, IN 46825 – (260) 478-2222 – View Map
Independent Insurance Agents
Agents of this type can quote rates with many companies so they can quote policies through lots of different companies and find the cheapest insurance rates. If your premiums go up, they simply move your policy to a different company which makes it simple for you.
When comparing insurance rates, you absolutely need to get rate quotes from a couple of independent agencies to get the best comparison. Most can insure with small regional insurance companies that may provide cheaper insurance rates.
Below are Fort Wayne independent agencies that are able to give price quote information.
- Jackson Insurance Agency
809 S Calhoun St #308 – Fort Wayne, IN 46802 – (260) 434-0352 – View Map
- Lupke Rice Insurance-Financial
127 W Berry St # 500 – Fort Wayne, IN 46802 – (260) 424-4150 – View Map
- Short Associates, Inc.
2855 E Dupont Rd – Fort Wayne, IN 46825 – (260) 482-7077 – View Map
Shop around and save
There are still a few companies who may not provide rates over the internet and most of the time these smaller providers only sell through local independent agencies. Affordable Dodge Stratus insurance in Fort Wayne can be bought from both online companies and also from your neighborhood Fort Wayne agents, and you should compare price quotes from both to have the best rate selection.
When shopping online for insurance, don’t be tempted to sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. There are too many instances where someone sacrificed full coverage only to regret that the small savings ended up costing them much more. The aim is to buy the best coverage you can find at the best possible price and still be able to protect your assets.
In this article, we presented a lot of ways to lower your Dodge Stratus insurance prices in Fort Wayne. The key concept to understand is the more companies you get rates for, the higher your chance of finding the cheapest Dodge Stratus rate quotes. Consumers may even find the lowest priced insurance comes from some of the lesser-known companies.
Even more information can be read in the articles below:
- Parking Tips to Reduce Door Dings (State Farm)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for Lyft Drivers in Fort Wayne? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Rates for a Toyota Tacoma in Fort Wayne? (FAQ)
- How Much are Fort Wayne Auto Insurance Quotes for a Jeep Wrangler? (FAQ)
- How Much is Fort Wayne Auto Insurance for First-time Drivers? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for Hybrid Vehicles in Fort Wayne? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Rates for 19 Year Olds in Fort Wayne? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Quotes for a 20 Year Old Male in Fort Wayne? (FAQ)
- Teen Driving and Texting (State Farm)
- Booster Seat Ratings (iihs.org)
- Understanding Car Crashes Video (iihs.org)