The preferred way to find lower priced Hyundai Elantra insurance in Fort Wayne is to make a habit of comparing prices annually from insurers who provide auto insurance in Indiana. This can be done by following these guidelines.
First, gain an understanding of how companies set rates and the things you can change to drop your rates. Many things that cause rate increases like accidents, traffic violations, and a poor credit score can be amended by being financially responsible and driving safely.
Second, compare price quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can only give prices from a single company like Progressive or Allstate, while agents who are independent can quote prices for many different companies.
Third, compare the new rate quotes to the premium of your current policy to see if switching to a new carrier will save money. If you find a better price and change companies, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
One key aspect when comparing rates is to make sure you’re comparing the same physical damage deductibles and liability limits on each price quote and and to get price quotes from every insurance company. This enables a fair rate comparison and maximum price selection.
It’s an obvious statement that insurance companies don’t want their customers to go rate shopping. People who shop rates annually will presumably move their business because there is a good chance of finding a more affordable policy. A recent survey revealed that drivers who regularly compared price quotes saved $3,500 over four years as compared to drivers who never shopped around for cheaper prices.
If saving money on insurance in Fort Wayne is the reason you’re here, then understanding how to get price quotes and compare coverage rates can help you succeed in finding affordable rates.
If you have coverage now or are just looking to switch companies, use these money-saving tips to find the best rates without reducing coverage. Finding the cheapest auto insurance coverage in Fort Wayne can really be easy if you know what you’re doing. Drivers just have to use the quickest method to get comparison quotes on the web.
Getting a cheap price on Hyundai Elantra insurance can be surprisingly simple. Just take time comparing rates online with multiple companies.
Comparing rates online is fast and free, and it makes it a waste of time to spend time driving to each insurance agency near you. The ability to quote Hyundai Elantra insurance online eliminates the middleman unless you’re the type of person who wants the professional assistance of a licensed agent. Drivers can comparison shop your insurance online but buy from a local insurance agent.
The following companies provide price comparisons in Fort Wayne, IN. If you wish to find cheap auto insurance in Fort Wayne, it’s highly recommended you visit several of them in order to find the lowest rates.
You may qualify for discounts for Hyundai Elantra insurance in Fort Wayne
Companies that sell car insurance don’t always list their entire list of discounts very well, so we researched both the well known and also the more inconspicuous discounts that you can inquire about if you buy Fort Wayne auto insurance online. If you are not receiving all the discounts you qualify for, you’re paying more than you need to.
- Own a Home and Save – Simply owning a home can save you money because owning a home requires personal responsibility.
- Military Deployment Discount – Having a deployed family member could qualify you for better premium rates.
- Federal Government Employee – Active or retired federal employment may reduce rates when you quote Fort Wayne auto insurance with a few insurance companies.
- Discounts for Good Drivers – Insureds who avoid accidents may receive a discount up to 45% compared to rates paid by drivers with frequent claims.
- ABS Braking Discount – Cars, trucks, and SUVs equipped with ABS or steering control are much safer to drive so you can save 10 percent or more.
- Telematics Data Discounts – Insureds that choose to allow their insurance company to monitor driving habits by using a telematics device in their vehicle such as In-Drive from State Farm or Allstate’s Drivewise system might get better premium rates as long as the data is positive.
- Organization Discounts – Belonging to qualifying clubs or civic groups could trigger savings on your bill.
- Defensive Driving Course – Successfully completing a course teaching defensive driver skills could earn you a small percentage discount and easily pay for the cost of the class.
- Discount for Low Mileage – Maintaining low annual mileage could earn lower insurance rates due to less chance of an accident.
- Seat Belt Usage – Buckling up and requiring all passengers to wear their seat belts could cut 10% or more off the medical payments premium.
As a footnote on discounts, most credits do not apply to all coverage premiums. A few only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as liability, collision or medical payments. So when it seems like all the discounts add up to a free policy, it doesn’t quite work that way.
The diagram below illustrates the comparison of Hyundai Elantra insurance premiums with and without discounts. The information is based on a male driver, no driving violations, no at-fault accidents, Indiana state minimum liability limits, comprehensive and collision coverage, and $100 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-car, homeowner, multi-policy, claim-free, safe-driver, and marriage discounts applied.
Companies and their possible discounts include:
- State Farm policyholders can earn discounts including student away at school, driver’s education, safe vehicle, good driver, good student, and Drive Safe & Save.
- Nationwide may have discounts that include Farm Bureau membership, defensive driving, good student, anti-theft, and family plan.
- GEICO discounts include membership and employees, driver training, anti-lock brakes, good student, emergency military deployment, and federal employee.
- AAA offers premium reductions for anti-theft, education and occupation, multi-car, AAA membership discount, pay-in-full, multi-policy, and good student.
- 21st Century has savings for student driver, theft prevention, automatic seat belts, 55 and older, air bags, and early bird.
- The Hartford may include discounts for bundle, vehicle fuel type, good student, defensive driver, driver training, air bag, and anti-theft.
Before purchasing a policy, check with all companies you are considering the best way to save money. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts may not be available in Fort Wayne.
Analysis of coverages
The premium table below covers a range of insurance coverage prices for Hyundai Elantra models. Learning how policy rates are established can help customers make decisions on which insurance to purchase.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Elantra GLS Touring Station Wagon||$216||$300||$312||$18||$94||$940||$78|
|Elantra Blue 4-Dr Sedan||$216||$430||$368||$22||$110||$1,146||$96|
|Elantra GLS 4-Dr Sedan||$248||$430||$368||$22||$110||$1,178||$98|
|Elantra SE 4-Dr Sedan||$248||$430||$368||$22||$110||$1,178||$98|
|Elantra SE Touring Station Wagon||$248||$366||$312||$18||$94||$1,038||$87|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data based on single male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Indiana minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, safe-driver, multi-policy, claim-free, and multi-vehicle. Table data does not factor in vehicle location which can increase or decrease auto insurance rates considerably.
Car insurance rates by age and gender in Fort Wayne
The illustration below compares Hyundai Elantra car insurance costs for male and female drivers. The premium estimates are based on no claims, a clean driving record, full coverage, $250 deductibles, marital status is single, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Learn How to Lower Your Insurance Rates
It’s important that you understand some of the things that are used to determine car insurance rates. If you have a feel for what impacts premium levels, this empowers consumers to make smart changes that can earn you lower rates.
The list below includes a partial list of the pieces used by your company to calculate your prices.
- Don’t buy extra policy coverages you don’t use – Policies have add-on coverages that can add up on your Elantra policy. Coverage for things like roadside assistance, death and dismemberment, and membership fees could be just wasting money. These coverages may sound good when buying your policy, but if you have no use for them remove them from your policy.
- GPS tracking and theft deterrents lower car insurance rates – Selecting a car model with a theft deterrent system can help lower your rates. Theft prevention devices like OnStar found on GM vehicles, advanced tracking like LoJack, and vehicle immobilization systems all hinder vehicle theft.
- Is you vocation costing you more? – Occupational choices like judges, airline pilots, and emergency personnel tend to pay higher average rates in part from high stress and lengthy work days. Conversely, professions such as actors, students and the unemployed get better rates.
- Car plus home equals more savings – The majority of insurance companies afford better rates to people who have multiple policies with them, otherwise known as a multi-policy discount. If you currently are using one company, you still need to check prices from other companies to confirm you are receiving the best rates possible. Consumers may find lower rates even if you have your coverage with different companies
- Safer occupants lowers premiums – Safer cars tend to have lower insurance rates. Safe vehicles have better occupant injury protection and reduced instances of injuries means less money paid by your insurance company and more competitive rates for policyholders.
- Consider raising coverage deductibles – Comprehensive and collision coverage deductibles define the amount you are required to spend out-of-pocket before a claim is paid by your company. Physical damage protection, also called ‘full coverage’, covers damage that occurs to your car. Some examples of covered claims could be collision with another vehicle, fire damage, and having a roll-over accident. The more you have to pay, the bigger discount you will receive.
- Marriage discount – Having a significant other helps lower the price when shopping for car insurance. Having a significant other means you’re more mature than a single person and statistics show married drivers tend to have fewer serious accidents.
- Better car insurance rates for being claim-free – Auto insurance companies in Indiana award better rates to people who do not rely on their insurance for small claims. If you file claims often, you can definitely plan on much higher rates or policy non-renewal. Your car insurance is intended for major claims that would cause financial hardship.
Insurance loss statistics a Hyundai Elantra – Insurance companies use past insurance losses to calculate a rate that will offset any claims. Vehicles that the data shows to have a trend towards higher claim severity or frequency will have higher premium rates.
The next table shows the historical insurance loss data for Hyundai Elantra vehicles. For each insurance policy coverage type, the claim amount for all vehicles averaged together is equal to 100. Numbers under 100 indicate a favorable loss history, while percentages above 100 point to more claims or statistically larger losses.
Hyundai Elantra Insurance Loss Statistics Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Hyundai Elantra 102 102 90 133 137 117 Hyundai Elantra GT 95 91 95 112 114 107BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Statistics from IIHS.org for 2013-2015 Model Years
When should I talk to an insurance agent?
Many people just want to sit down with an agent and that can be a great decision Good agents can help determine the best coverages and give you someone to call. One of the best bonuses of comparing insurance online is that you can find cheap insurance quotes and still have an agent to talk to.
By using this form (opens in new window), your information gets sent to companies in Fort Wayne that provide free Fort Wayne auto insurance quotes for your insurance coverage. You won’t need to contact any agents because quoted prices will be sent directly to your email. If you want to get a price quote from a particular provider, don’t hesitate to go to their quote page to submit a rate quote request.
Selecting a insurer requires you to look at more than just the premium amount. Here are some questions you should ask.
- Does the company allow you to choose your own collision repair facility?
- Do they specialize in personal lines auto insurance in Fort Wayne?
- Do they have a Better Business Bureau rating in Fort Wayne?
- Can you contact them at any time?
- Is the agency involved in supporting local community causes?
- Did they already check your driving record and credit reports?
Compare rates from both independent and exclusive auto insurance agents
If you want to buy insurance from a good Fort Wayne insurance agent, it’s important to understand the different agency structures and how they differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Insurance agencies can be described as either exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments. Both do a good job, but it’s worth mentioning the difference in the companies they write for since it can impact your selection of an agent.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
These agents work for only one company such as Farmers Insurance and State Farm. Exclusive agents cannot shop your coverage around so they really need to provide good service. These agents are well schooled on their company’s products which can be an advantage.
Shown below is a list of exclusive insurance agencies in Fort Wayne that are able to give price quote information.
Independent Insurance Agencies
Agents of this type are not employed by any specific company so they can insure your vehicles with multiple insurance companies depending on which coverage is best. To move your coverage to a new company, your agent can switch companies and you don’t have to do anything.
When comparing insurance prices, you definitely need to include independent agents so that you can do a thorough price comparison.
Listed below is a short list of independent agencies in Fort Wayne who can help you get comparison quotes.
Fort Wayne car insurance companies ranked
Picking the highest-rated auto insurance company is difficult considering how many companies provide coverage in Fort Wayne. The information displayed below can help you pick which car insurance companies to look at comparing rate quotes with.
|Company||Value||Customer Service||Claims||Customer Satisfaction||A.M Best Rating||Overall Score|
|Compare Rates Now Go|
Data Source: Insure.com Best Car Insurance Companies
Cheap coverage is out there
More affordable insurance in Fort Wayne can be purchased online and from local agencies, and you should compare rates from both in order to have the best chance of saving money. There are still a few companies who don’t offer the ability to get quotes online and these regional carriers provide coverage only through independent insurance agents.
As you go through the steps to switch your coverage, it’s very important that you do not skimp on coverage in order to save money. In many instances, an accident victim reduced liability coverage limits only to regret at claim time they didn’t purchase enough coverage. Your focus should be to buy the best coverage you can find for the lowest price but still have enough coverage for asset protection.
You just learned some good ideas how to reduce Hyundai Elantra insurance rates online in Fort Wayne. The most important thing to understand is the more rate comparisons you have, the better chance you’ll have of finding affordable Fort Wayne auto insurance quotes. You may even be surprised to find that the best price on insurance is with a smaller regional carrier. These companies can often insure niche markets at a lower cost than the large multi-state companies such as GEICO and State Farm.
Even more information can be found by following these links:
- Comprehensive Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- How Much are Fort Wayne Auto Insurance Rates for a Company Car? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for a Hyundai Sonata in Fort Wayne? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Quotes for a 20 Year Old Male in Fort Wayne? (FAQ)
- Credit and Insurance Scores (Insurance Information Institute)
- Rearview cameras reduce backing crashes (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)