Unbelievable but true according to a study most consumers in Indiana kept their coverage with the same car insurance company for more than four years, and 38% of customers have never compared rates from other carriers. With the average car insurance premium being $1,847, American drivers can cut their rates by about $859 a year by just comparing quotes, but they don’t know how much savings they would realize if they switch to a new company.
The easiest way to get budget car insurance rates is to start doing a yearly price comparison from providers who sell insurance in Fort Wayne. Price quotes can be compared by following these guidelines.
- Get a basic knowledge of the coverage provided by your policy and the measures you can control to prevent high rates. Many rating factors that are responsible for high rates such as at-fault accidents, speeding tickets, and a negative credit history can be improved by making minor changes to your lifestyle. This article provides more details to help prevent high rates and find available discounts that you may qualify for.
- Compare rates from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only provide price estimates from one company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while independent agents can give you price quotes from multiple sources.
- Compare the quotes to your existing policy to see if switching to a new carrier will save money. If you find a better price and switch companies, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
The key aspect of shopping around is that you’ll want to compare the same physical damage deductibles and liability limits on every price quote and and to get rate quotes from all possible companies. This ensures a level playing field and a complete selection of prices.
All major auto insurance companies make it easy to get pricing from their websites. This process can be done by anyone because you just enter the coverages you want into a form. Once entered, their quoting system gets reports for credit and driving violations and provides a quote.
The ability to get online rate quotes for Hummer H3 insurance in Fort Wayne simplifies rate comparisons, and it’s necessary to have as many quotes as possible if you are searching for cheap auto insurance pricing.
To get comparison pricing now, compare rates now from the companies shown below. If you currently have coverage, we recommend you complete the form with the coverages identical to your current policy. This makes sure you will have comparison quotes for the exact same coverage.
The providers in the list below are our best choices to provide free rate quotes in Indiana. If your goal is to find cheap auto insurance in Fort Wayne, IN, it’s a good idea that you visit as many as you can in order to find the cheapest rates.
Insurance analysis for a Hummer H3
The premium information shown next showcases estimates of rate quotes for Hummer H3 models. Learning how insurance prices are figured can help you make smart choices when purchasing an insurance policy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|H3 Adventure Package 4WD||$172||$340||$318||$18||$94||$942||$79|
|H3 Luxury Package 4WD||$172||$340||$318||$18||$94||$942||$79|
|H3 Alpha 4WD||$190||$340||$318||$18||$94||$960||$80|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Cost estimates assume single female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Indiana minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, multi-vehicle, safe-driver, homeowner, and multi-policy. Premium amounts do not factor in specific location information which can raise or lower auto insurance rates significantly.
Responsible drivers pay cheaper insurance rates
The information below highlights how traffic violations and at-fault fender-benders can drive up Hummer H3 insurance prices for different age groups. The premiums are based on a married male driver, full coverage, $250 deductibles, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Take policy discounts and save on Hummer H3 insurance in Fort Wayne
Some insurance providers do not advertise every discount available in an easy-to-find place, so the list below contains a few of the more common and the more hidden discounts you could be receiving when you buy Fort Wayne car insurance online.
- Discounts for Government Workers – Active or retired federal employment could qualify for a slight premium decrease with a few insurance companies.
- Military Deployment Discount – Being deployed in the military could trigger a small discount.
- Waiver for an Accident – Not a discount per se, but a few companies such as GEICO, Progressive, and Allstate will turn a blind eye to one accident before they charge you more for coverage as long as you don’t have any claims for a particular time prior to the accident.
- Data Collection Discounts – Policyholders that allow driving data submission to monitor driving manner by installing a telematics device such as Progressive’s Snapshot and State Farm’s In-Drive could see a rate decrease if they are good drivers.
- Anti-lock Brake System – Cars, trucks, and SUVs with ABS and/or traction control can reduce accidents and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Bundle and Save – If you insure your home and vehicles with the same company they may give you a discount of up to 20% off your total H3 insurance premium.
While discounts sound great, it’s important to understand that some credits don’t apply to the overall cost of the policy. A few only apply to individual premiums such as comp or med pay. Just because it seems like it’s possible to get free car insurance, it’s just not the way it works.
The information below shows the difference between Hummer H3 car insurance rates with and without discounts applied to the policy rates. The costs are based on a female driver, no claims or driving violations, Indiana state minimum liability limits, full physical damage coverage, and $500 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with marriage, homeowner, safe-driver, multi-policy, claim-free, and multi-car discounts applied.
Companies and a summarized list of policyholder discounts can be read below.
- Farm Bureau may offer discounts for multi-policy, driver training, renewal discount, safe driver, youthful driver, and multi-vehicle.
- Liberty Mutual may include discounts for multi-policy, new move discount, new graduate, preferred payment discount, hybrid vehicle, and good student.
- State Farm offers discounts for passive restraint, good student, defensive driving training, safe vehicle, and multiple policy.
- Auto-Owners Insurance may have discounts that include good student, safe driver, anti-lock brakes, company car, paid in full, teen driver, and multiple vehicles.
- GEICO has discounts for defensive driver, federal employee, multi-vehicle, driver training, military active duty, air bags, and anti-theft.
- SAFECO has savings for teen safety rewards, homeowner, safe driver, accident prevention training, and teen safe driver.
It’s a good idea to ask every company how many discounts you can get. Savings may not be available in your state. To see companies with discount insurance rates in Indiana, click here.
Why you need quality insurance for your Hummer H3
Despite the potentially high cost of Hummer H3 insurance, paying for auto insurance serves an important purpose.
- The majority of states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to carry specific minimum amounts of liability insurance coverage in order to drive the car. In Indiana these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Hummer H3 has a loan, more than likely the lender will require you to buy full coverage to guarantee payment of the loan. If you let the policy lapse, the bank may buy a policy for your Hummer for a lot more money and require you to reimburse them the higher premium.
- Auto insurance protects both your assets and your Hummer. Insurance will also pay for medical bills for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. One policy coverage, liability insurance, will also pay for a defense attorney if you are sued as the result of your driving. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of insuring your H3 outweigh the cost, particularly for liability claims. As of last year, the average driver in Indiana is wasting up to $830 a year so compare rates once a year at a minimum to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Fort Wayne car insurance company ratings
Buying coverage from a good quality auto insurance company can be challenging considering how many choices you have in Indiana. The company ratings in the lists below could help you decide which car insurance companies to look at purchasing a policy from.
Top 10 Fort Wayne Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Claims Service
- Liberty Mutual
- AAA Insurance
- Safeco Insurance
- The General
Top 10 Fort Wayne Car Insurance Companies Overall
- 21st Century
- AAA Insurance
- Liberty Mutual
- Safeco Insurance
- State Farm
- American Family
Your auto insurance coverage should be tailored to you
When choosing your policy, there is no cookie cutter policy. Your needs are unique to you.
For instance, these questions might point out whether your personal situation will benefit from professional help.
- Am I covered by my spouse’s policy after a separation?
- Is pet coverage available?
- What policy terms are available?
- Does coverage extend to Mexico or Canada?
- How much liability do I need to cover my assets?
- Why am I required to get a high-risk car insurance policy?
- Is my teenager covered with friends in the car?
- Is my custom stereo system covered?
- When should I have rental car coverage?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but one or more may apply to you then you might want to talk to a licensed insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, fill out this quick form. It only takes a few minutes and can help protect your family.
Buying from car insurance agents
A lot of people would rather talk to a local agent and that is just fine! Most agents are very good at helping people manage risk and help in the event of a claim. One of the great benefits of price shopping on the web is you can get cheap rate quotes and also buy local. And providing support for local insurance agents is still important in Fort Wayne.
Upon completion of this quick form, the quote information is transmitted to companies in Fort Wayne that can give you free Fort Wayne car insurance quotes to get your business. You don’t have to leave your house because quoted prices will be sent immediately to your email address. If you want to get a rate quote from a specific insurance company, you would need to go to their quote page and submit a quote form there.
If you need to find a reputable insurance agent or broker, you need to know there are two different agency structures and how they can quote your rates. Insurance agencies in Fort Wayne can be described as either exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments. Either type can sell affordable car insurance policies, but it’s a good idea to understand how they are different since it could factor into your agent selection.
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Agents in the independent channel often have affiliation with several companies so they have the ability to put coverage with a variety of different insurance companies and help determine which has the cheapest rates. To transfer your coverage to a different company, the agent simply finds a different carrier and the insured can keep the same agent.
If you need lower rates, you definitely need to compare quotes from several independent agencies to ensure the widest selection of prices. Many can place coverage with different regional companies that may have much lower rates than larger companies.
Below is a list of independent insurance agents in Fort Wayne that can possibly get you free price quotes.
- Nationwide Insurance: Thompson Insurance and Financial Services Inc
10355 Dawsons Creek Blvd A – Fort Wayne, IN 46825 – (260) 347-4722 – View Map
- Sourceone Group
6628 Constitution Dr – Fort Wayne, IN 46804 – (260) 436-3544 – View Map
- Jackson Insurance Agency
809 S Calhoun St #308 – Fort Wayne, IN 46802 – (260) 434-0352 – View Map
Exclusive Car Insurance Agents
Exclusive insurance agents can only quote rates from one company and some examples include Farmers Insurance, State Farm, Allstate, and AAA. Exclusive agencies are unable to compare other company’s rates so you need to shop around if the rates are high. Exclusive agents are well trained on their company’s products and that allows them to sell at a higher price point. Some people will only use the same exclusive agent partially due to loyalty to the company rather than having the cheapest rates.
Listed below is a short list of exclusive agencies in Fort Wayne willing to provide price quotes.
- Valentine White-Xayarath – State Farm Insurance Agent
5533 S Anthony Blvd – Fort Wayne, IN 46806 – (260) 447-1074 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Justin Harkelroad
8812 Coldwater Rd – Fort Wayne, IN 46825 – (260) 489-0156 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Steven Westrick
8938 Lima Rd Suite R – Fort Wayne, IN 46818 – (260) 489-3977 – View Map
Picking an insurance agent shouldn’t rely on just a low price. Here are some questions you should ask.
- Can they help ensure a fair claim settlement?
- Do you qualify for any additional discounts?
- Do they regularly work with personal auto policies in Fort Wayne?
- Do they get extra compensation for selling add-on coverages?
- Is the agency covered by Errors and Omissions coverage?
- Will high miles depreciate repair valuations?
- Are there any hidden costs in their price quote and does it include driving and credit history?
- What companies can they write with?