It’s shocking but most car insurance policyholders kept buying from the same company for over three years, and 38% of customers have never compared rates to find affordable insurance. Indiana consumers could save $700 each year by just comparing quotes, but they don’t want to spend time to shop around.
It takes a few minutes, but the best way to get more affordable Dodge Charger insurance is to make a habit of regularly comparing prices from companies in Fort Wayne. You can compare rates by following these steps.
- Read and learn about what is in your policy and the factors you can control to prevent rate increases. Many rating criteria that are responsible for high rates like at-fault accidents, careless driving, and a not-so-good credit rating can be eliminated by paying attention to minor details. Read the full article for the details to prevent high rates and get discounts that may be available to you.
- Compare rates from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only quote rates from one company like Progressive or Allstate, while independent agencies can quote prices from multiple sources.
- Compare the price quotes to your current policy to see if you can save by switching companies. If you can save money, make sure there is no lapse in coverage.
- Give notification to your current company to cancel your current auto insurance policy and submit a completed policy application and payment to your new agent or company. When you receive it, place the new certificate of insurance with your vehicle’s registration.
A key point to remember is to compare identical coverages on each price quote and and to look at every insurance company. Doing this ensures a level playing field and the best rate selection.
Companies offering Dodge Charger insurance in Fort Wayne
The companies in the list below can provide quotes in Indiana. If your goal is to find cheap auto insurance in Fort Wayne, we suggest you click on several of them in order to find the most affordable rates.
The table shown below showcases a range of insurance premium costs for Dodge Charger models. Having a good grasp of how rate quotes are figured is important for drivers to make informed decisions.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Charger 3.5 AWD||$268||$496||$424||$26||$128||$1,342||$112|
|Charger SXT AWD||$268||$496||$424||$26||$128||$1,342||$112|
|Charger Rallye AWD||$268||$570||$424||$26||$128||$1,416||$118|
|Charger R/T AWD||$294||$570||$424||$26||$128||$1,442||$120|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Price data assumes single male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Indiana minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, homeowner, safe-driver, multi-policy, and multi-vehicle. Prices do not factor in garaging location in Fort Wayne which can affect price quotes substantially.
Impact of age and gender on auto insurance rates
The information below illustrates the comparison of Dodge Charger premium costs for male and female drivers. The price estimates are based on no tickets, no at-fault accidents, full coverage, $1,000 deductibles, single status, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Save money by receiving discounts
Insurance is not cheap nor is it fun to buy but there’s a good chance there are discounts that many people don’t even know exist. Some discounts apply automatically when you complete an application, but a few must be asked about prior to receiving the credit. If you do not check that you are getting every discount possible, you are paying more than you should be.
- Save over 55 – Older drivers are able to get reduced rates.
- Anti-lock Brake Discount – Cars, trucks, and SUVs that have steering control and anti-lock brakes are much safer to drive so you can save 10 percent or more.
- Discount for Multiple Policies – If you can bundle your home and auto insurance and insure them with the same company they may give you a discount of as much as 10 to 15 percent.
- Multi-Vehicle Discounts – Purchasing coverage when you have all your vehicles on the same insurance policy can get a discount on all vehicles.
- Distant College Student Discount – Kids who are enrolled in higher education away from home and do not take a car to college could get you a discount.
- Federal Government Employee – Employees or retirees of the government can earn a discount up to 10% with select insurance companies.
It’s important to understand that some of the credits will not apply to the entire cost. Most only cut the cost of specific coverages such as collision or personal injury protection. So even though they make it sound like you could get a free insurance policy, companies wouldn’t make money that way.
The information below illustrates the comparison of Dodge Charger insurance costs with and without discounts applied to the policy rates. The information is based on a male driver, no tickets, no at-fault accidents, Indiana state minimum liability limits, comprehensive and collision coverage, and $250 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-policy, homeowner, marriage, claim-free, multi-car, and safe-driver discounts applied.
Large insurance companies and the discounts they provide are outlined below.
- AAA may offer discounts for anti-theft, AAA membership discount, good student, education and occupation, and multi-policy.
- Progressive includes discounts for good student, continuous coverage, multi-policy, online quote discount, and homeowner.
- State Farm offers premium reductions for safe vehicle, accident-free, Steer Clear safe driver discount, good student, and defensive driving training.
- Esurance policyholders can earn discounts including homeowner, emergency road assistance, anti-lock brakes, Switch & Save, online quote, and safety device.
- Nationwide has discounts for business or organization, accident-free, Farm Bureau membership, multi-policy, and easy pay.
When comparing rates, check with every insurance company which discounts they offer. Some discounts might not apply everywhere. To choose insurance companies who offer insurance discounts in Fort Wayne, click this link.
Informed Consumers Save Every Year
The best way to find cheaper auto insurance is to take a look at a few of the rating criteria that play a part in calculating your auto insurance rates. When consumers understand what determines premiums, this empowers consumers to make smart changes that can earn you lower auto insurance prices.
- Drive less and save – Driving more miles every year the more you’ll pay to insure your vehicle. A lot of insurance companies calculate prices based on how the vehicle is used. Autos left parked in the garage receive better premium rates than cars that get driven a lot. Double check that your auto insurance policy shows the right rating data, because it can save money. Improper usage on your Charger can cost quite a bit.
- Having a spouse is a bonus – Being married can actually save you money on auto insurance. Having a significant other usually means you are more mature than a single person and it’s statistically proven that married drivers tend to file fewer claims.
- Frequent claims will increase rates – Auto insurance companies in Indiana generally give most affordable rates to people who file claims infrequently. If you’re an insured who likes to file claims you can expect either higher rates or even cancellation. Auto insurance is intended to be relied upon for larger claims.
- Cheaper premiums with safer cars – Safe vehicles cost less to insure. Vehicles engineered for safety have better occupant injury protection and better occupant protection translates into fewer and smaller insurance claims and thus lower rates.
Insurance losses for a Dodge Charger – Companies analyze historical claim data to calculate a price that offsets possible losses. Models that the data determines to have a trend towards higher claim severity or frequency will be charged more to insure. The next table illustrates the historical loss data for Dodge Charger vehicles.
For each policy coverage, the statistical loss for all vehicles, as an average, is a value of 100. Values below 100 indicate better than average losses, while values that are 100 or greater indicate frequent claims or a tendency for claims to be larger.
Car Insurance Loss Data for Dodge Charger Models Vehicle Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Dodge Charger 2WD 148 142 160 176 178 159 Dodge Charger 4WD 124 129 115 107 110 138 Dodge Charger HEMI 156 106 202 118 127 111BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years
You are unique and your insurance should be too
When buying proper insurance coverage for your personal vehicles, there really is no best way to insure your cars. Everyone’s situation is a little different.
Here are some questions about coverages that might point out whether your personal situation would benefit from professional advice.
- Do I pay less if my vehicle is kept in my garage?
- When does my teenage driver need to be added to my policy?
- Is there coverage for my trailer?
- What is the premium to book value ratio for dropping full coverage?
- Should I have a commercial auto policy?
- Can I still get insurance after a DUI?
- Is pleasure use cheaper than using my Dodge Charger to commute?
- Am I covered if I break a side mirror?
- Should I rate my Dodge Charger as pleasure use or commute?
- What is roadside assistance coverage?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions, you may need to chat with a licensed agent. If you don’t have a local agent, simply complete this short form. It only takes a few minutes and can provide invaluable advice.
Exclusive versus independent insurance agents
Some consumers would prefer to sit down and talk to an agent and that is a smart decision Licensed agents can answer important questions and help in the event of a claim. A good thing about price shopping on the web is that you can obtain cheap auto insurance quotes but still work with a licensed agent.
By using this short form, the coverage information is sent to participating agents in Fort Wayne who will gladly provide quotes for your auto insurance coverage. It’s much easier because you don’t need to leave your house due to the fact that quote results will go immediately to you. If you need to get a price quote from a particular provider, you just need to visit that company’s website and complete a quote there.
Selecting a insurer needs to be determined by more than just a cheap price quote. Ask your prospective agent these questions:
- How are they compensated?
- Are they giving you every discount you deserve?
- If you have an accident, will your rates go up?
- What are the financial ratings for the companies they represent?
- Who is covered by the car insurance policy?
- Is auto insurance their primary focus in Fort Wayne?
- Does the company have a local claim office in Fort Wayne?
Multiple types of car insurance agents in Fort Wayne
When looking for a reliable agent, it can be helpful to understand the different types of agents and how they are distinctly different. Agents in Fort Wayne are classified as either independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for. Both can sell and service auto insurance coverage, but it’s important to know why they differ since it may influence which agent you choose.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Exclusive insurance agents are contracted to one company and examples are Allstate, Farmers Insurance or State Farm. They usually cannot compare rates from other companies so you need to shop around if the rates are high. Exclusive agencies are well trained in insurance sales which helps overcome the inability to quote other rates.
Below are exclusive insurance agencies in Fort Wayne who may provide you with price quote information.
Kent Paul – State Farm Insurance Agent
1505 W Dupont Rd – Fort Wayne, IN 46825 – (260) 478-2222 – View Map
Melissa Satterthwaite – State Farm Insurance Agent
7757 Coldwater Rd – Fort Wayne, IN 46825 – (260) 489-5503 – View Map
Agents in the independent channel are not limited to a single company and that enables them to quote your coverage amongst many companies and help determine which has the cheapest rates. To move your coverage to a new company, they can switch companies in-house and you won’t have to switch agencies.
If you need lower rates, you definitely need to compare quotes from independent agents in order to have the best price comparison.
Shown below is a short list of independent insurance agents in Fort Wayne that are able to give rate quotes.
Fort Wayne car insurance companies ranked
Insuring your vehicle with a good quality auto insurance company is hard considering how many choices drivers have in Fort Wayne. The rank data in the next section may help you decide which insurers you want to consider when comparing rates.
|Company||Value||Customer Service||Claims||Customer Satisfaction||A.M Best Rating||Overall Score|
|Compare Rates Now Go|
Data Source: Insure.com Best Car Insurance Companies
Shop around and save
As you shop your coverage around, it’s a bad idea to buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. There are too many instances where an accident victim reduced physical damage coverage only to regret that it was a big error on their part. Your goal is to buy enough coverage at the best price but still have enough coverage for asset protection.
We just showed you some good ideas how to find affordable Dodge Charger insurance in Fort Wayne. It’s most important to understand that the more quotes you get, the better chance you’ll have of finding cheaper Fort Wayne auto insurance quotes. You may even be surprised to find that the most savings is with a company that doesn’t do a lot of advertising.
Lower-priced Dodge Charger insurance in Fort Wayne is attainable both online in addition to local insurance agencies, and you should be comparing both so you have a total pricing picture. A few companies may not provide online rate quotes and many times these regional carriers work with independent agents.
For more information, link through to the resources below:
- Choosing an Insurance Company (Insurance Information Institute)
- How Much are Fort Wayne Auto Insurance Rates for a Company Car? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance for Felons in Fort Wayne? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Quotes for Low Mileage Drivers in Fort Wayne? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Handicapped Drivers in Fort Wayne? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance for Drivers Under 21 in Fort Wayne? (FAQ)
- What does Personal Injury Protection (PIP) Cover? (Allstate)
- Understanding Rental Car Insurance (Insurance Information Institute)