A recent NerdWallet.com study revealed that the vast majority of consumers kept their coverage with the same car insurance company for well over three years, and 38% of drivers have never even compared rates from other companies. With the average premium in Indiana being $1,400, drivers could save as much as $700 a year, but they don’t know how much savings they would realize if they replace their high priced policy.
If you want to save the most money, the best way to find affordable quotes for Chevy Venture insurance is to start doing an annual price comparison from different companies in Fort Wayne.
- Step 1: Take a few minutes and learn about what is in your policy and the things you can change to keep rates low. Many things that result in higher prices like speeding tickets, accidents and a poor credit rating can be amended by making minor changes in your lifestyle. Later in this article we will cover additional tips to help reduce prices and get discounts that may be available to you.
- Step 2: Get rate quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can give quotes from a single company like GEICO and Allstate, while independent agents can provide prices from multiple insurance companies.
- Step 3: Compare the quotes to your existing coverage and see if you can save money. If you can save money, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
- Step 4: Notify your current company of your intention to cancel your current car insurance policy and submit a down payment along with a signed application for the new coverage. Once the application is submitted, keep your new certificate verifying proof of insurance in a readily accessible location in your vehicle.
A good tip to remember is that you use similar coverage information on each price quote and and to analyze as many auto insurance providers as possible. Doing this ensures a level playing field and a better comparison of the market.
Comparing rates for the best protection in Fort Wayne is easy to do. Basically, each driver who is looking for a better price on auto insurance will more than likely find a lower price. Nevertheless, Indiana consumers do need to know how companies determine prices and use this information to your advantage.
Fort Wayne insurance discounts for a Chevy Venture
Companies that sell car insurance do not advertise all available discounts very well, so we break down a few of the more common as well as some of the hidden savings tricks you should be using when you buy Fort Wayne auto insurance online. If they aren’t giving you every credit available, you could be saving more on your car insurance.
- No Accidents – Insureds who avoid accidents and claims pay much less when compared with drivers who are more careless.
- Safety Restraint Discount – Forcing all vehicle occupants to buckle up could cut 10% or more on medical payment and PIP coverage.
- Military Rewards – Having a deployed family member can result in better rates.
- Paper-free Discount – A few larger online companies will discount your bill up to fifty bucks for buying your policy on their website.
- Include Life Insurance and Save – Not every insurance company offers life insurance, but if they do you may earn lower car insurance rates if you buy auto and life insurance together.
- Save with More Vehicles Insured – Buying insurance for several vehicles with the same car insurance company can reduce rates for all insured vehicles.
As a disclaimer on discounts, many deductions do not apply to the entire cost. Most only reduce individual premiums such as comp or med pay. Despite the appearance that you could get a free car insurance policy, it doesn’t quite work that way.
A list of companies and a selection of discounts are included below.
- AAA policyholders can earn discounts including education and occupation, good student, AAA membership discount, good driver, pay-in-full, and multi-policy.
- Progressive may have discounts that include multi-vehicle, good student, online signing, online quote discount, multi-policy, continuous coverage, and homeowner.
- State Farm includes discounts for anti-theft, defensive driving training, passive restraint, accident-free, and driver’s education.
- Esurance has savings for multi-car, renters, claim free, Switch & Save, safety device, emergency road assistance, and Pac-12 alumni.
- Nationwide offers discounts for easy pay, accident-free, good student, business or organization, family plan, and anti-theft.
Before buying, ask every company what discounts are available to you. Depending on the company, some discounts may not apply in Fort Wayne. To see a list of providers that can offer you the previously mentioned discounts in Fort Wayne, follow this link.
When quoting insurance, remember that making a lot of price comparisons increases the chance that you will find the best price. Some smaller insurers do not give rate quotes online, so you should also compare price quotes from the smaller companies as well.
The providers in the list below are ready to provide price quotes in Fort Wayne, IN. If you want cheaper car insurance in Fort Wayne, it’s a good idea that you visit several of them to get the most competitive price.
How Insurance Providers Determine Chevy Venture Insurance Premiums
Lots of factors are part of the calculation when quoting car insurance. Some are pretty understandable such as your driving history, although some other factors are less obvious like where you live or your commute time. Part of the insurance buying process is learning a few of the rating criteria that go into determining your premiums. When consumers understand what controls the rates you pay, this helps enable you to make changes that may reward you with big savings.
The itemized list below are some of the most rate-impacting factors used by insurance companies to determine your premiums.
Extra policy coverages can add up – Policies have extra add-on coverages that may not really be needed on your insurance policy. Coverages for rental car reimbursement, accidental death, and term life insurance could be just wasting money. The coverages may be enticing initially, but your money might be better spent on other coverage so eliminate the coverages to reduce your premium.
Cars with good safety ratings lower rates – Safe vehicles get lower rates. Vehicles engineered for safety reduce occupant injuries and reduced instances of injuries means less money paid by your insurance company passed on to you as lower rates.
Pay more by driving carelessly – Your driving record has a huge affect on how much you pay. Even one citation could increase your next policy renewal by as much as twenty percent. Drivers with clean records get better prices than people who have multiple driving citations. Drivers who have gotten serious citations such as DWI, reckless driving or hit and run convictions may find that they have to to submit a SR-22 or proof of financial responsibility with their state motor vehicle department in order to legally drive.
Cheaper rates by bundling – Some insurance companies will give discounts to buyers that purchase more than one policy. It’s known as a multi-policy discount. Discounts can be five, ten or even twenty percent. Even if you’re getting this discount it’s always a smart idea to get quotes from other companies to make sure you are getting the best deal.There is a good possibility that you can find lower rates even if you insure with multiple companies
Premiums are affected by your credit score – Your credit score is a big factor in determining what you pay. Insureds that have excellent credit tend to file fewer claims than drivers with lower ratings. So if your credit rating leaves room for improvement, you could save money insuring your Chevrolet Venture if you clean up your credit.
With age comes lower costs – Older, more experienced drivers are more responsible, cost insurance companies less in claims, and are safer drivers. Teen drivers are proven to be careless and easily distracted with other occupants in the car and because of this, their insurance rates are much higher.
Cheaper rates for prior coverage – Driving your car without having proper coverage is a misdemeanor and as a result your rates will increase for letting your coverage lapse. Not only will you pay higher rates, the inability to provide proof of insurance may result in fines or a revoked license.
Save money by raising comp and collision deductibles – Physical damage coverage, also called comprehensive and collision insurance, covers damage that occurs to your Chevy. Some examples of covered claims are collision with another vehicle, hitting a deer, and damage caused by flying debris. The deductibles you choose are how much you are willing to pay before your insurance pays a claim. The more the insured has to pay upfront, the better rate you will receive.
What insurance coverages do I need?
When selecting proper insurance coverage, there really isn’t a cookie cutter policy. Every insured’s situation is different and your car insurance should be unique as well. These are some specific questions might help in determining if your situation would benefit from professional advice.
- Am I covered while delivering pizza?
- When should I remove my kid from my policy?
- Can my babysitter drive my car?
- What if I don’t agree with a claim settlement offer?
- What is an umbrella policy?
- Does medical payments coverage apply to all occupants?
- Is there a penalty for late payment?
Local Fort Wayne car insurance agents and car insurance
Many people prefer to get advice from a local agent and often times that is recommended One of the best bonuses of getting free rate quotes online is that you can obtain the lowest rates and still have an agent to talk to. And supporting neighborhood insurance agencies is still important in Fort Wayne.
To find an agent, once you fill out this form (opens in new window), the quote information is submitted to local insurance agents in Fort Wayne who will give you bids to get your business. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won’t have to do any legwork due to the fact that quote results will go directly to your email. Get lower rates without having to waste a lot of time. If for some reason you want to compare prices from a specific car insurance provider, you would need to jump over to their website and fill out their quote form.
Do you need an independent or exclusive car insurance agent?
If you are wanting to purchase car insurance from a reliable insurance agent, there are a couple of types of agencies from which to choose. Agencies in Fort Wayne can be categorized as either independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for.
Independent Car Insurance Agencies or Brokers
Agents that choose to be independent are not restricted to one company so as a result can place your coverage through many companies enabling the ability to shop coverage around. If premiums increase, your policy is moved internally and you don’t have to find a new agent. If you need lower rates, you will definitely want to check rates from at a minimum one independent agency to get the most accurate price comparison.
Below are independent insurance agencies in Fort Wayne who may provide competitive price quotes.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Agents of this type can only write with one company such as Allstate, State Farm and Farmers Insurance. They usually cannot provide other company’s prices so always compare other rates. Exclusive insurance agents are very knowledgeable on their products and sales techniques which helps them sell on service rather than price.
Below is a short list of exclusive insurance agencies in Fort Wayne willing to provide price quote information.
W.C. Starks – State Farm Insurance Agent
3818 S Calhoun St – Fort Wayne, IN 46807 – (260) 744-4357 – View Map
Finding a good auto insurance agent requires more thought than just the quoted price. Get answers to these questions too.
- What insurance companies do they work with in Fort Wayne?
- Do the agents have professional certifications like CPCU or CIC?
- Where are claims handled?
- Do they offer rental car reimbursement?
- Do they write coverage based solely on cost?
Auto insurance is an important decision
Despite the potentially high cost of Chevy Venture insurance, maintaining insurance is required for several reasons.
First, just about all states have minimum liability requirements which means the state requires a specific level of liability insurance coverage in order to be legal. In Indiana these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if you have a loan on your Chevy Venture, almost every bank will stipulate that you have physical damage coverage to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If you let the policy lapse, the bank will be required to insure your Chevy at a much higher premium rate and force you to pay for it.
Third, auto insurance preserves both your car and your assets. It also can pay for most medical and hospital costs that are the result of an accident. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, will also pay for a defense attorney if you cause an accident and are sued. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, your auto insurance policy will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance more than offset the price you pay, particularly for liability claims. As of last year, the average driver in Indiana is overpaying more than $855 a year so you should quote rates at every policy renewal to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Persistence will pay off
Affordable Chevy Venture insurance in Fort Wayne is possible online and also from your neighborhood Fort Wayne agents, and you should compare price quotes from both to have the best selection. Some insurance companies may not have rate quotes online and usually these regional insurance providers prefer to sell through independent agents.
In this article, we presented some good ideas how you can reduce Chevy Venture insurance prices online in Fort Wayne. The most important thing to understand is the more rate quotes you have, the better chance you’ll have of finding the cheapest Chevrolet Venture rate quotes. You may even be surprised to find that the lowest prices come from the least-expected company. They may only write in your state and offer lower rates compared to the large companies like State Farm, GEICO and Nationwide.
For more information, link through to the resources below:
- New head restraint design cuts injuries (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for Teenage Females in Fort Wayne? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Quotes for Good Drivers in Fort Wayne? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Fort Wayne Car Insurance Quotes for a Mazda CX-7? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance for Teachers in Fort Wayne? (FAQ)
- Honda warning system reduces insurance claims (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Distracted Driving Extends Beyond Texting (State Farm)