Sad but true, nearly 70% of customers have purchased from the same company for well over three years, and almost half have never compared rates from other carriers. Indiana consumers could save an average of as much as $700 each year just by shopping around, but they just don’t understand the large savings they would see if they switched.
If you want to find the absolute lowest rates, then the best way to get budget Chevy Spark EV insurance in Fort Wayne is to start comparing prices yearly from insurers who can sell car insurance in Indiana.
- Try to comprehend auto insurance and the measures you can control to keep rates low. Many rating criteria that increase rates such as accidents, traffic violations, and a lousy credit rating can be amended by making minor changes to your lifestyle.
- Quote rates from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can give quotes from one company like GEICO and State Farm, while agents who are independent can quote prices from multiple companies.
- Compare the quotes to the price on your current policy to see if a cheaper rate is available. If you can save money, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
- Provide written notification to your current company of your decision to cancel your existing policy. Submit a down payment along with a signed application for your new coverage. Don’t forget to keep your new proof of insurance certificate in an easily accessible location.
The most important part of this process is that you use identical coverage information on every price quote and to quote with as many companies as possible. This provides a fair price comparison and plenty of rates choose from.
Quoting the best protection in Fort Wayne is not that difficult. In a nutshell, each driver who compares rate quotes for car insurance stands a good chance to be able to find lower rates. But Indiana vehicle owners should learn the methods companies use to sell online and use this information to your advantage.
How to compare Chevy Spark EV insurance quotes in Fort Wayne
When quoting insurance, remember that comparing a wide range of rates increases your odds of finding more affordable insurance.
The companies shown below offer quotes in Fort Wayne, IN. To get cheap auto insurance in Fort Wayne, IN, it’s a good idea that you click on several of them to get the best price comparison.
Auto insurance rates and discounts
Car insurance companies don’t list all discounts in an easy-to-find place, so we researched both well-publicized and also the more inconspicuous credits that may apply to you. If you check and find you aren’t receiving every discount available, you may be paying too high a price.
- Driver Safety – Taking a course in driver safety could possibly earn you a 5% discount if your company offers it.
- Claim-Free Discount – Claim-free drivers have much lower rates when compared with bad drivers.
- Distant Student Discount – Children who are attending college and do not have a car may qualify for this discount.
- Safety Restraint Discount – Drivers who require all vehicle occupants to buckle up can save a little off the personal injury premium cost.
- Driver’s Education for Students – Make teen driver coverage more affordable by requiring them to complete a driver education course in school.
- Theft Prevention Discount – Cars with anti-theft systems prevent vehicle theft and that can save you a little bit as well.
- Fort Wayne Homeowners Discount – Just owning your own home can save a few bucks due to the fact that maintaining a home demonstrates responsibility.
Policy discounts save money, but most discounts do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Some only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as comp or med pay. Even though it appears adding up those discounts means a free policy, it’s just not the way it works.
Large auto insurance companies and their offered discounts are:
- 21st Century may include discounts for teen driver, anti-lock brakes, driver training, theft prevention, and 55 and older.
- Progressive policyholders can earn discounts including online quote discount, continuous coverage, homeowner, online signing, and good student.
- State Farm offers premium reductions for anti-theft, multiple autos, passive restraint, driver’s education, and good student.
- Nationwide includes discounts for good student, business or organization, multi-policy, easy pay, defensive driving, Farm Bureau membership, and family plan.
- Esurance offers discounts including homeowner, multi-policy, multi-car, online shopper, defensive driver, good student, and paid-in-full.
- The Hartford offers discounts for anti-theft, good student, driver training, defensive driver, and vehicle fuel type.
Double check with all the companies what discounts are available to you. Some discounts may not be offered in Fort Wayne. To choose companies that offer discounts in Indiana, click here to view.
Independent or exclusive insurance agencies
Some consumers would rather sit down with an agent and that is just fine! The best thing about comparing rate quotes online is that you can obtain the best rates and still buy from a local agent. And providing support for neighborhood agents is important particularly in Fort Wayne.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this form (opens in new window), your information is immediately sent to participating agents in Fort Wayne who will return price quotes for your coverage. You don’t have to leave your computer because quoted prices will be sent to you directly. It’s the lowest rates and an insurance agent to talk to. If you have a need to get a rate quote from a specific insurance company, don’t hesitate to navigate to their website and fill out their quote form.
If you want to buy auto insurance from a good insurance agency, it’s important to understand the different types of agents and how they operate. Agents in Fort Wayne can be described as either independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer.
Independent Insurance Agents
Independent agents do not sell for just one brand so they can quote policies through many different auto insurance companies enabling the ability to shop coverage around. If your agent finds better pricing, they simply switch companies in-house which makes it simple for you.
When shopping rates, we recommend you get several quotes from independent agents to get the most accurate price comparison. Many write coverage with smaller mutual companies which could offer lower prices.
The following is a short list of independent insurance agencies in Fort Wayne who may be able to give you pricing information.
- Andrew Stores – Prudential Financial
2420 Coliseum Blvd North, Suite 100 – Fort Wayne, IN 46805 – (260) 310-6018 – View Map
- Imel Insurance
2700 Lower Huntington Rd – Fort Wayne, IN 46809 – (260) 747-6186 – View Map
- Stewart Brimner Group
3702 Rupp Dr – Fort Wayne, IN 46815 – (260) 482-6900 – View Map
These type of agents write business for a single company like Allstate, AAA, Farmers Insurance, and State Farm. They generally cannot give you multiple price quotes so keep that in mind. Exclusive agents are well trained on their company’s products and that enables them to sell even at higher rates. Drivers often buy from exclusive agents mostly because of the brand name instead of buying on price only.
The following are exclusive insurance agencies in Fort Wayne that can give you price quotes.
- Terry Anderson – State Farm Insurance Agent
5668 St Joe Rd – Fort Wayne, IN 46835 – (260) 486-8663 – View Map
- Connie Stickler – State Farm Insurance Agent
7105 Old Trail Rd – Fort Wayne, IN 46809 – (260) 747-2626 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Paul Michaylo
2416 Getz Rd – Fort Wayne, IN 46804 – (260) 459-1700 – View Map
Finding the right auto insurance agent should include more criteria than just the quoted price. A good agent in Fort Wayne will have answers to these questions.
- When do they do policy reviews?
- How long has their agency been open in Fort Wayne?
- Do they assist clients in filing claims?
- Can they help ensure a fair claim settlement?
- How would your car be valued if totaled?
Everyone needs different insurance coverages
When it comes to choosing insurance from an agent or online, there really is no “perfect” insurance plan. Each situation is unique.
Here are some questions about coverages that can aid in determining whether or not you may require specific advice.
- Does coverage follow the driver or the vehicle?
- How much will a speeding ticket raise my rates?
- What is glass protection for?
- Do I need roadside assistance coverage?
- Am I covered when delivering products for my home-based business?
- Should I rate my Chevy Spark EV as pleasure use or commute?
- Will damage be repaired with OEM parts?
If you can’t answer these questions, you may need to chat with an agent. If you don’t have a local agent, simply complete this short form.
Smart Buyers Can Lower Insurance Rates
Many things are part of the calculation when you get a price on insurance. Some are pretty understandable like a motor vehicle report, but other factors are not quite as obvious like your vehicle usage or how safe your car is.
Alarm systems save money – Buying a car that has an advanced theft prevention system can help lower your rates. Anti-theft features like GM’s OnStar, tamper alarm systems and vehicle immobilizers can help prevent car theft and help bring rates down.
You might want pay the minor car insurance claims yourself – If you file a lot of claims you can expect increased rates or even have your policy non-renewed. Companies in Indiana provide the lowest premiums to drivers who file claims infrequently. Insurance coverage is intended for more catastrophic claims.
Long commutes cost more – The more you drive your Chevy in a year the more you will pay for car insurance. Many insurance companies rate vehicles based upon how much you drive. Cars not used for work or commuting get more affordable rates compared to those used for work or business. Improper usage on your Spark EV is throwing money out the window. It’s a good idea to make sure your car insurance declarations sheet is showing the correct driver usage, because improper ratings can cost you money.
Poor credit can mean higher rates – Your credit history can be a huge factor in your rate calculation. Therefore, if your credit history can use some improvement, you could be paying less to insure your Chevrolet Spark EV by taking the time to improve your credit score. Insureds with very high credit ratings tend to be better drivers and file fewer claims than drivers with bad credit.
Why you need insurance for your Chevy vehicle
Even though it can be expensive, insurance serves a purpose in several ways.
- The majority of states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means it is punishable by state law to not carry a specific level of liability if you want to drive legally. In Indiana these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your Spark EV with a loan, more than likely the lender will have a requirement that you carry insurance to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If you do not keep the policy in force, the lender may insure your Chevy at a significantly higher premium and require you to reimburse them for it.
- Insurance protects both your assets and your Chevy. It will also cover many types of medical costs that are the result of an accident. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, will also pay to defend you if you cause an accident and are sued. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, your policy will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of having insurance greatly outweigh the cost, especially if you ever need it. The average driver in Indiana is overpaying over $855 a year so it’s recommended you shop around at every renewal to make sure the price is not too high.
How to find a good Fort Wayne car insurance company
Finding the highest-rated insurance company can be difficult considering how many companies there are to choose from in Fort Wayne. The information in the next section could help you pick which car insurance companies to look at when comparing rate quotes.
Top 10 Fort Wayne Car Insurance Companies Overall
- 21st Century
- AAA Insurance
- Liberty Mutual
- Safeco Insurance
- State Farm
- American Family
Persistence will pay off
We covered a lot of tips how to lower your Chevy Spark EV insurance prices in Fort Wayne. The most important thing to understand is the more price quotes you have, the higher your chance of finding affordable Chevrolet Spark EV insurance quotes. You may even discover the best price on auto insurance is with a lesser-known regional company.
Drivers change insurance companies for many reasons like delays in paying claims, extreme rates for teen drivers, an unsatisfactory settlement offer or even poor customer service. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, finding the right auto insurance provider is not as hard as you think.
More affordable auto insurance in Fort Wayne is possible both online as well as from insurance agents, and you need to price shop both in order to have the best chance of saving money. There are still a few companies who may not provide the ability to get quotes online and many times these regional insurance providers provide coverage only through local independent agencies.
- Keeping Children Safe in Crashes Video (iihs.org)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Rates for a School Permit in Fort Wayne? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance for Ride Shares in Fort Wayne? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for Drivers with Good Credit in Fort Wayne? (FAQ)
- Five Steps to Filing an Auto Insurance Claim (Insurance Information Institute)
- Rearview cameras reduce backing crashes (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Air Bags: Potential Dangers to Your Children (Insurance Information Institute)