The most effective way to get low-cost Cadillac SRX insurance in Fort Wayne is to begin comparing prices regularly from providers who provide auto insurance in Indiana.
First, spend a few minutes and learn about the different coverages in a policy and the things you can change to prevent expensive coverage. Many policy risk factors that cause high rates such as careless driving and an unacceptable credit score can be rectified by being financially responsible and driving safely.
Second, quote rates from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct and exclusive agents can provide rates from a single company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while independent agencies can provide price quotes from multiple companies.
Third, compare the new rates to your existing coverage to determine if you can save on SRX insurance. If you find a lower rate quote and buy the policy, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
Fourth, give proper notification to your current agent or company to cancel your current policy. Submit payment along with a signed and completed policy application for the new coverage. Once the paperwork is finalized, safely store the certificate verifying proof of insurance with your registration paperwork.
An essential thing to point out is to make sure you enter similar deductibles and liability limits on every price quote and and to analyze as many companies as possible. Doing this provides a fair rate comparison and a complete price analysis.
It’s shocking but about 70% of customers kept their coverage with the same car insurance company for a minimum of four years, and just under half have never quoted rates to find affordable coverage. Most drivers in Indiana could save themselves nearly 55% a year just by getting comparison quotes, but they underestimate the actual amount they would save if they switch to a new company.
Choosing the most cost-effective insurance policy in Fort Wayne is not rocket science. If you are already insured, you stand a good chance to be able to find the best rates using these techniques. Vehicle owners only have to learn the proper methods to compare rates using one simple form.
How to compare free Fort Wayne Cadillac SRX insurance quotes
Getting a cheaper price on Cadillac SRX insurance isn’t really that difficult. Drivers just need to take a few minutes getting comparison quotes from some recommended companies.
Comparing free rate quotes online is easy and it, replaces the need to call or drive to and from local Fort Wayne insurance agencies. Quoting Cadillac SRX insurance online eliminates the middleman unless your situation requires the professional guidance that you can only get from talking to an agent. It is possible to comparison shop online and still use a local agent.
The following companies can provide free rate quotes in Indiana. If you want to find cheaper auto insurance in Fort Wayne, it’s highly recommended you visit as many as you can to find the most affordable auto insurance rates.
These discounts can cut Cadillac SRX insurance rates
Insurance can be prohibitively expensive, but you can get discounts that can help lower your rates. A few discounts will automatically apply at the time you complete a quote, but once in a while a discount must be specially asked for before you get the savings. If you do not check that you are getting every discount possible, you are just wasting money.
- Mature Driver Discount – Drivers that qualify as senior citizens may receive a small decrease in premiums.
- Responsible Driver Discounts – Insureds without accidents may save up to 50% more compared to accident prone drivers.
- Early Signing – Some companies give discounts for buying a new policy prior to your current SRX insurance policy expiring. Ten percent is about the average savings.
- Claim Free – Insureds who avoid accidents and claims pay less when compared to drivers who are more careless.
- Driving Data Discount – Insureds who allow their insurance company to look at when and where they use their vehicle by using a telematics device in their vehicle such as Allstate’s Drivewise and State Farm’s In-Drive system might see lower rates if they exhibit good driving behavior.
- Auto/Home Discount – If you can combine your home and auto policy with one company you could save approximately 10% to 15%.
- New Car Discount – Adding a new car to your policy can be considerably cheaper due to better safety requirements for newer vehicles.
- ABS Brakes – Cars and trucks with anti-lock braking systems have fewer accidents and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
As a disclaimer on discounts, some credits don’t apply to the entire cost. Some only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as collision or personal injury protection. Just because it seems like all those discounts means the company will pay you, companies wouldn’t make money that way. Any amount of discount will help lower your premiums.
The illustration below illustrates the difference between Cadillac SRX annual premium costs with and without discounts applied to the rates. The premiums are based on a male driver, no accidents, no driving violations, Indiana state minimum liability limits, full physical damage coverage, and $250 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-car, safe-driver, homeowner, claim-free, marriage, and multi-policy discounts applied.
If you would like to see a list of insurance companies that have a full spectrum of discounts in Indiana, click this link.
Rates and data analysis
The premium information below showcases a range of prices for Cadillac SRX models. Having a good grasp of how auto insurance policy rates are determined can be of help when making smart choices when selecting a coverage provider.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|SRX Luxury 2WD||$238||$486||$286||$16||$86||$1,112||$93|
|SRX Luxury AWD||$238||$486||$286||$16||$86||$1,112||$93|
|SRX Performance 2WD||$264||$486||$286||$16||$86||$1,138||$95|
|SRX Performance AWD||$264||$486||$286||$16||$86||$1,138||$95|
|SRX Premium 2WD||$264||$486||$286||$16||$86||$1,138||$95|
|SRX Premium AWD||$264||$486||$286||$16||$86||$1,138||$95|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Table data represents married female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Indiana minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, claim-free, safe-driver, multi-policy, and multi-vehicle. Estimates do not factor in vehicle garaging location which can lower or raise price quotes noticeably.
The chart below shows how different deductible levels and can influence Cadillac SRX insurance rates for each age group. The price estimates are based on a married female driver, comp and collision included, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Age, gender, and Cadillac SRX insurance
The information below compares Cadillac SRX yearly insurance costs for male and female drivers. The premium estimates are based on no tickets, no at-fault accidents, full coverage, $500 deductibles, drivers are single, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Should you buy full coverage?
The diagram below shows the difference between Cadillac SRX annual premium costs with full coverage compared to only the Indiana minimum liability coverage. The premiums are based on no claims or driving violations, $250 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no discounts are applied.
When to drop full coverage
There is no definitive formula for eliminating comp and collision coverage, but there is a general school of thought. If the annual cost of coverage is more than around 10% of the replacement cost minus the deductible, the it may be a good time to stop paying for full coverage.
For example, let’s pretend your Cadillac SRX book value is $5,000 and you have $1,000 full coverage deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled, the most your company would pay you is $4,000 after paying your policy deductible. If you are paying over $400 annually for full coverage, then it may be the right time to buy liability only.
There are some cases where only buying liability is not recommended. If you still have a loan on your vehicle, you have to carry full coverage in order to keep the loan. Also, if your emergency fund is not enough to purchase a different vehicle if your current one is damaged, you should keep full coverage.
Auto insurance quotes from local neighborhood Fort Wayne car insurance agents
Some people still like to sit down and talk to an agent. Good insurance agents can make sure you are properly covered and help submit paperwork. One of the great benefits of comparing auto insurance online is the fact that you can find the lowest rates and still have a local agent.
After completing this form (opens in new window), your coverage information is instantly submitted to agents in your area that can provide free Fort Wayne car insurance quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. There is no reason to find an agent due to the fact that quote results will go to you. If you need to get a rate quote for a specific company, just visit that company’s website and complete a quote there.
Choosing the best insurer is decision based upon more than just the price. The following questions are important to ask.
- Will vehicle repairs be made with aftermarket parts or OEM replacement parts?
- Can you use your own choice of collision repair facility?
- Do they review policy coverages at every renewal?
- Can they help ensure a fair claim settlement?
- Are claims handled at the agent’s location?
- Does the agency support the community they serve?
Do you need an independent or exclusive car insurance agent?
If you are wanting to purchase auto insurance from a local Fort Wayne insurance agency, you must know there are a couple different types of agents that you can select. Auto insurance policy providers are categorized either exclusive or independent (non-exclusive). Both types of agents can insure your vehicles properly, but it’s important to know why they differ because it may have an impact on which type of agent you select.
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agencies
Exclusive insurance agents write business for a single company and some examples include AAA, Allstate, State Farm, or Farmers Insurance. These agents are not able to provide other company’s prices so you need to shop around if the rates are high. Exclusive agents receive extensive training on what they offer which aids in selling service over price.
Below is a list of exclusive insurance agencies in Fort Wayne that are able to give rate quotes.
Valentine White-Xayarath – State Farm Insurance Agent
5533 S Anthony Blvd – Fort Wayne, IN 46806 – (260) 447-1074 – View Map
Independent Insurance Agents
These type of agents do not have single company limitations and that allows them to write policies through many companies and get you the best rates possible. To move your coverage to a new company, your agent can switch companies and you won’t have to switch agencies.
When shopping rates, we recommend you get some free quotes from a few independent agents to get the most accurate price comparison.
Below is a list of independent insurance agents in Fort Wayne that can give you price quote information.
Affordable Agency Inc
2314 Lake Ave – Fort Wayne, IN 46805 – (260) 485-2526 – View Map
Don’t assume everyone needs the same car insurance coverage
When buying proper insurance coverage, there really isn’t a best way to insure your cars. Everyone’s situation is unique so this has to be addressed.
These are some specific questions might point out whether or not you will benefit from professional help.
- What does UM/UIM cover?
- Can I use my car for my catering business?
- Should I buy more coverage than the required Indiana minimum liability coverage?
- What exactly is covered by my policy?
- Do I have coverage if I rent a car in Mexico?
- Do I need special coverage while pulling a rented trailer?
- Do I get a pro-rated refund if I cancel my policy early?
- What if I total my Cadillac SRX and owe more than it’s worth?
- Am I covered if I back into my garage door?
If you’re not sure about those questions but you think they might apply to your situation, you might consider talking to a licensed agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, simply complete this short form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier It’s fast, doesn’t cost anything and can provide invaluable advice.
How Insurance Providers Determine Cadillac SRX Insurance Rates
One of the most helpful ways to save on insurance is to to have a grasp of the factors that are used to determine your policy premiums. If you have some idea of what positively or negatively impacts your premiums, this enables informed choices that can help you get lower insurance prices. Lots of factors are taken into consideration when premium rates are determined. Some are obvious such as traffic violations, although some other factors are less apparent like where you live and annual miles driven.
How’s your driving record? – Careful drivers have lower premiums than people who have multiple driving citations. Just one speeding ticket or other violation can increase the cost of insurance twenty percent or more. Drivers who have gotten serious violations like hit and run, DWI or reckless driving convictions might be required by their state to complete a SR-22 to the state department of motor vehicles in order to legally drive.
The example below highlights how traffic violations and accident claims increase Cadillac SRX premium costs for different age categories. The rate quotes are based on a married female driver, comp and collision included, $1,000 deductibles, and no discounts are applied.
- Consider raising comp and collision deductibles – Coverage for physical damage, also called comprehensive and collision insurance, protects your Cadillac from damage. Examples of covered claims would be a broken side mirror, flood damage, and burglary. The deductibles are the amount of money the insured will be required to pay in the event of a claim. The more damage repair cost you choose to pay out-of-pocket, the less your insurance will be.
- Liability coverage – A critical coverage on your policy, liability insurance kicks in if you are found liable for physical damage or personal injury to other. Liability insurance provides legal defense up to the limits shown on your policy. Carrying liability coverage is mandatory and cheap compared to physical damage coverage, so do not cut corners here.
- Does your employer cost you more? – Occupations like military personnel, business owners, and dentists usually pay higher premium rates because of intense work requirements and long work days. On the flip side, jobs such as professors, engineers and performers generally pay rates lower than average.
- Alarm systems save money – Selecting a car model that has a built-in theft deterrent system can help bring down rates. Advanced theft deterrents like vehicle immobilizer systems, General Motors OnStar and LoJack tracking systems all help prevent vehicle theft.
- Annual miles is a factor – The more miles you rack up on your Cadillac in a year the higher your rates will be. The majority of insurers rate vehicles based on their usage. Cars that do not get driven very much get more affordable rates than cars that get driven a lot. An improperly rated SRX is throwing money out the window. It’s a smart idea to ensure your policy shows the proper vehicle usage, because it can save money.
- Know your vehicle’s NHTSA crash test rating – Vehicles with good safety scores tend to be cheaper to insure. The safest vehicles help reduce the chance of injuries in an accident and fewer injuries means lower claim amounts and cheaper rates on your policy.
Cadillac SRX insurance loss probability – Insurance companies use historical loss data to help determine the rate you pay. Vehicles that the data shows to have a trend towards higher claim severity or frequency will have higher rates. The table shown below demonstrates the compiled insurance loss statistics for Cadillac SRX vehicles.
For each insurance policy coverage type, the claim probability for all vehicles as a whole is set at 100. Percentage numbers below 100 suggest a better than average loss history, while values that are above 100 indicate more frequent losses or an increased likelihood of larger losses.
Cadillac SRX Insurance Claim Statistics Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Cadillac SRX 4dr 2WD 103 101 84 80 82 91 Cadillac SRX 4dr 4WD 109 106 103 78 75 83BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Statistics Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Here’s why car insurance is not optional
Even though it can be expensive, maintaining insurance is not optional due to several reasons.
- The majority of states have minimum liability requirements which means state laws require a specific level of liability in order to license the vehicle. In Indiana these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Cadillac SRX has a lienholder, most banks will make it mandatory that you buy insurance to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your Cadillac at a more expensive rate and require you to fork over much more than you were paying before.
- Car insurance preserves your vehicle and your assets. It will also provide coverage for medical expenses for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. One policy coverage, liability insurance, will also pay attorney fees if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, your car insurance policy will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of carrying enough insurance definitely exceed the cost, particularly for liability claims. According to a survey of 1,000 drivers, the average driver is overpaying more than $820 a year so it’s recommended you shop around at every policy renewal to make sure the price is not too high.
What is YOUR best insurance company?
As you go through the steps to switch your coverage, don’t be tempted to reduce coverage to reduce premium. In too many instances, someone dropped physical damage coverage only to discover later that they should have had better coverage. Your goal should be to buy enough coverage at the best price, not the least amount of coverage.
The cheapest Cadillac SRX insurance in Fort Wayne can be sourced online as well as from independent agents in Fort Wayne, and you need to price shop both to have the best chance of lowering rates. There are still a few companies who don’t offer the ability to get a quote online and many times these small insurance companies only sell through independent agents.
Additional detailed information is available in the articles below:
- Collision Insurance Coverage (Nationwide)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Rates for Good Students in Fort Wayne? (FAQ)
- What is the Cheapest Auto Insurance in Fort Wayne, IN? (FAQ)
- If I File a Claim will My Insurance Go Up? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Auto Theft Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)