It’s an obvious assumption that car insurance companies don’t want policyholders to shop around. Insureds who shop around for cheaper rates will probably switch to a new company because there are good odds of finding a more affordable policy premium. A recent car insurance study discovered that drivers who compared prices once a year saved an average of $3,500 over four years compared to people who never shopped around for cheaper prices.
If finding the best price on Acura ILX insurance is the reason you’re here, learning how to compare coverages can help simplify the task of finding more affordable coverage.
If your goal is the lowest price, then the best way to find low-cost prices for Acura ILX insurance in Fort Wayne is to begin comparing prices regularly from companies who sell insurance in Indiana.
First, get a basic knowledge of auto insurance and the measures you can control to keep rates low. Many rating criteria that are responsible for high rates such as traffic violations and an unfavorable credit rating can be rectified by being financially responsible and driving safely. Later in this article we will cover tips to help prevent expensive coverage and find available discounts that you may qualify for.
Second, quote rates from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can only quote rates from a single company like Progressive or State Farm, while independent agencies can quote rates for a wide range of companies.
Third, compare the quotes to your existing rates and see if there is a cheaper rate. If you find better rates, ensure coverage does not lapse between policies.
Fourth, notify your company or agent to cancel your current auto insurance policy. Submit the required down payment along with the signed application for your new policy. Once the paperwork is finalized, put the new proof of insurance certificate with the vehicle registration.
One bit of advice is that you use identical coverage information on each quote and and to get price estimates from as many different insurance providers as possible. This enables a fair price comparison and and a good selection of different prices.
When quoting insurance, remember that more quotes increases the chance that you will find lower pricing. Some regional insurers cannot provide Fort Wayne ILX insurance quotes online, so it’s important to compare quotes on coverage from those companies, too.
The car insurance companies shown below are our best choices to provide free rate quotes in Indiana. If multiple companies are listed, we suggest you click on several of them in order to find the most competitive rates.
Three main reasons to buy insurance
Even though it’s not necessarily cheap to insure an Acura in Fort Wayne, buying insurance serves several important purposes.
- The majority of states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to carry specific limits of liability protection if you drive a vehicle. In Indiana these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your Acura ILX with a loan, more than likely the lender will stipulate that you buy insurance to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the bank may buy a policy for your Acura for a much higher rate and require you to fork over a much higher amount than you were paying before.
- Insurance preserves not only your vehicle but also your assets. Insurance will also pay for medical transport and hospital expenses incurred in an accident. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit if you are sued as the result of your driving. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, your insurance policy will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of insuring your ILX definitely exceed the cost, particularly when you have a large claim. In a recent study of 1,000 drivers, the average customer overpays more than $700 annually so it’s important to compare rates each time the policy renews to save money.
Don’t overlook these Acura ILX insurance discounts
Companies do not advertise the complete list of policy discounts very clearly, so we took the time to find a few of the more common as well as the least known discounts that may be available.
- Multiple Vehicles – Purchasing coverage when you have multiple cars or trucks with the same car insurance company can get a discount on all vehicles.
- Air Bag Discount – Vehicles equipped with air bags or motorized seat belts can receive discounts of 25 to 30%.
- Discount for New Cars – Insuring a new ILX is cheaper since new vehicles are generally safer.
- Government Employees – Employees or retirees of the government can save as much as 8% but check with your company.
- Defensive Driver Discount – Completing a safe driver class may get you a small discount and easily recoup the cost of the course.
- Paperless Signup – A handful of larger companies will discount your bill up to fifty bucks shop Fort Wayne car insurance digitally online.
- Distant College Student Discount – College-age children who are attending college and don’t have a car may be able to be covered for less.
- Drive Less and Save – Driving fewer miles could earn lower premium rates due to less chance of an accident.
- Discounts for Responsible Drivers – Drivers who avoid accidents may receive a discount up to 45% compared to accident prone drivers.
- Active Service Discounts – Being on active deployment in the military could trigger a small discount.
Discounts lower rates, but some credits don’t apply to the entire policy premium. Most cut specific coverage prices like physical damage coverage or medical payments. Even though the math looks like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, companies don’t profit that way.
A few companies that may include some of the above discounts include:
If you need lower rates, check with every prospective company how you can save money. Some credits may not apply in Fort Wayne. To see a list of providers that can offer you the previously mentioned discounts in Indiana, follow this link.
Don’t assume everyone needs the same car insurance coverage
When quoting and comparing the right insurance coverage, there really is no perfect coverage plan. Your situation is unique.
These are some specific questions could help you determine if your insurance needs would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- Is business property covered if stolen from my car?
- Is my custom stereo system covered?
- What does medical payments cover?
- Should I file a claim if it’s only slightly more than my deductible?
- What is the difference between comprehensive and collision coverage?
- Is borrowed equipment or tools covered if stolen or damaged?
- Should I bundle my homeowners policy with my auto?
- Do I have coverage for damage caused while driving under the influence?
- Does my personal policy cover me when driving out-of-state?
- Am I covered if I have no license?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but one or more may apply to you, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, simply complete this short form.
Which car insurance company is best in Fort Wayne?
Finding a highly-rated insurance provider can be a challenge considering how many different companies sell coverage in Indiana. The company ratings shown next can help you decide which providers you want to consider comparing price quotes from.
Top 10 Fort Wayne Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Claims Service
- Liberty Mutual
- AAA Insurance
- Safeco Insurance
- The General
Top 10 Fort Wayne Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Satisfaction
- USAA – 92%
- Erie Insurance – 88%
- American Family – 88%
- State Farm – 88%
- Nationwide – 88%
- 21st Century – 88%
- AAA Insurance – 87%
- Liberty Mutual – 87%
- Farmers Insurance – 87%
- The Hartford – 87%