The most effective way to get budget Nissan Sentra insurance in Fort Wayne is to regularly compare price quotes from insurers in Indiana. You can compare prices by completing these steps.
- First, it will benefit you to learn about how car insurance works and the measures you can take to keep rates in check. Many factors that cause rate increases like at-fault accidents, speeding tickets, and a poor credit rating can be rectified by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility.
- Second, compare prices from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive and direct companies can only provide price estimates from one company like Progressive or Allstate, while agents who are independent can provide price quotes from multiple insurance companies. Begin your rate comparison
- Third, compare the new quotes to your existing coverage to see if a cheaper price is available in Fort Wayne. If you find a lower rate quote, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
- Fourth, give notification to your current company of your intention to cancel your current policy. Submit a down payment and signed policy application to your new agent or company. As soon as you can, keep the new certificate verifying proof of insurance above your visor, in the console, or in the glove compartment.
The most important part of shopping around is to use identical coverage information on every quote request and and to get prices from as many different companies as possible. This provides a fair rate comparison and the best price selection.
Sadly, the majority of drivers kept buying from the same company for at least four years, and nearly 40% of drivers have never even compared rates from other companies. Most drivers in Indiana can save up to 55% each year by just shopping around, but most tend to underestimate the actual amount they would save if they switched.
Four Tips to Get Cheaper Fort Wayne Insurance Premiums
When buying auto insurance it’s important to understand some of the factors that help calculate your policy premiums. When consumers understand what influences your rates, this enables informed choices that will entitle you to much lower annual insurance costs.
Pay more for higher performance vehicles – The performance level of the car you own makes a substantial difference in the rate you pay. The lowest performance passenger models generally have the cheapest insurance rates, but the cost you end up paying is determined by many additional factors.
The following data is based on a married male driver age 50, full coverage with $100 deductibles, and no discounts or violations. The data compares Nissan Sentra rates compared to other vehicles that have different performance risks.
- Your credit history is important – Having a good credit score is a large factor in determining what you pay for auto insurance. Insureds with excellent credit scores tend to file fewer claims and have better driving records than those with lower ratings. So if your credit score is not that good, you could be paying less to insure your Nissan Sentra by taking the time to improve your credit score.
- Your stress level may be raising your rates – Did you know your occupation can influence how much you pay for auto insurance? Occupational choices like real estate brokers, architects, and stock brokers tend to pay the highest rates because of high stress and incredibly demanding work hours. On the flip side, careers such as farmers, students and performers have the lowest average rates.
- Cheaper rates by bundling – Most larger insurance companies provide a discount to insureds who carry more than one policy such as combining an auto and homeowners policy. The discount can add up to as much as ten percent or more Even with this discount applied, it’s always a smart idea to shop around to ensure the best deal. Drivers may still save money by buying auto insurance from a different company.
Nissan Sentra insurance loss data – Companies analyze claim trends for every vehicle when setting rates for each model. Vehicles that are shown to have higher losses will have higher rates for specific coverages.
The table below shows the insurance loss data for Nissan Sentra vehicles. For each coverage type, the claim probability for all vehicles averaged together is equal to 100. Percentage numbers below 100 indicate better than average losses, while numbers above 100 point to more claims or an increased chance of a larger loss.
Auto Insurance Loss Data for Nissan Sentra Models Specific Nissan Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Nissan Sentra 120 107 81 158 179 141BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years
Cutting your Fort Wayne car insurance rates can be relatively painless. Just spend a little time comparing free Fort Wayne auto insurance quotes to discover which company has cheaper Fort Wayne auto insurance quotes.
It’s so simple to compare car insurance quotes online takes the place of having to go to each insurance agency near you. The fact that you can get quotes online makes this unnecessary unless you’re the type of person who wants the professional advice that can only be provided by a licensed insurance agent. Although you can comparison shop your insurance online and have a local agent actually service the policy.
The providers in the list below offer comparison quotes in Fort Wayne, IN. If multiple companies are listed, it’s a good idea that you visit several of them to find the most affordable auto insurance rates.
Insurance coverage analysis
The rate table shown next covers estimates of coverage costs for Nissan Sentra models. Having a better understanding of how policy premiums are determined helps drivers make smart choices when comparing insurance rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Sentra 2.0 S||$188||$430||$280||$16||$84||$998||$83|
|Sentra 2.0 SR||$188||$430||$280||$16||$84||$998||$83|
|Sentra 2.0 SL||$216||$430||$280||$16||$84||$1,026||$86|
|Sentra SE-R SPEC V||$216||$496||$280||$16||$84||$1,092||$91|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Above prices assume married male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Indiana minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, multi-vehicle, homeowner, claim-free, and multi-policy. Table data does not factor in Fort Wayne location which can affect auto insurance rates noticeably.
The diagram below demonstrates how choosing different deductibles and can affect Nissan Sentra insurance prices for different categories of driver ages. The data assumes a single female driver, full physical damage coverage, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Three reasons to insure your Sentra
Despite the high cost of buying insurance for a Nissan Sentra in Fort Wayne, buying car insurance is required for several reasons.
- Almost all states have mandatory insurance requirements which means you are required to buy a specific minimum amount of liability insurance if you want to drive legally. In Indiana these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your Sentra, it’s guaranteed your bank will have a requirement that you buy insurance to guarantee payment of the loan. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your Nissan at a significantly higher premium and require you to fork over a much higher amount than you were paying before.
- Car insurance protects not only your Nissan but also your financial assets. It also can pay for hospital and medical expenses for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. One policy coverage, liability insurance, also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit in the event you are sued. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of carrying enough insurance outweigh the cost, particularly for liability claims. As of last year, the average driver in Indiana is overpaying more than $850 per year so it’s recommended you shop around once a year at a minimum to ensure rates are competitive.
Lower rate quotes with discounts
Some insurers don’t always publicize all discounts very well, so the list below contains some of the best known as well as the least known credits that may apply to you. If you do not double check each discount you qualify for, you could be saving more on your auto insurance.
- Accident Forgiveness Coverage – Not necessarily a discount, but some companies like Liberty Mutual and GEICO will turn a blind eye to one accident without the usual rate increase with the catch being you have to be claim-free for a particular time prior to the accident.
- Air Bags and Passive Restraints – Factory options such as air bags or automatic seat belts can receive discounts of 20% or more.
- Own a Home and Save – Simply owning a home can save you money because maintaining a house means you have a higher level of financial diligence.
- Policy Bundle Discount – If you have multiple policies with one insurance company you will save at least 10% off all policies.
- Organization Discounts – Affiliation with qualifying clubs or civic groups could qualify you for a break on your next auto insurance statement.
Don’t be shocked that some of the credits will not apply to the entire cost. Some only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as comp or med pay. So even though they make it sound like you could get a free auto insurance policy, you’re out of luck. But any discount will positively reduce your policy premium.
The example below illustrates the comparison of Nissan Sentra auto insurance costs with and without discounts applied to the premium. The premium estimates are based on a male driver, no claims or driving citations, Indiana state minimum liability limits, full physical damage coverage, and $250 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with safe-driver, marriage, multi-car, homeowner, multi-policy, and claim-free discounts applied.
Popular auto insurance companies and a selection of discounts are shown below.
- American Family has discounts for accident-free, Steer into Savings, TimeAway discount, defensive driver, good student, and air bags.
- Farm Bureau includes discounts for youthful driver, 55 and retired, driver training, multi-policy, safe driver, and renewal discount.
- State Farm may include discounts for student away at school, driver’s education, multiple autos, anti-theft, safe vehicle, Steer Clear safe driver discount, and good student.
- Travelers offers discounts for hybrid/electric vehicle, multi-car, student away at school, new car, and early quote.
- The Hartford may have discounts that include good student, anti-theft, air bag, defensive driver, and vehicle fuel type.
- GEICO has savings for emergency military deployment, seat belt use, membership and employees, five-year accident-free, defensive driver, and anti-theft.
- Progressive policyholders can earn discounts including continuous coverage, multi-policy, online quote discount, homeowner, and online signing.
Before you buy a policy, ask every company to apply every possible discount. Some discounts may not apply to policies in Fort Wayne. To find insurance companies who offer cheap Nissan Sentra insurance quotes in Fort Wayne, click here.
Independent versus exclusive auto insurance agents
A small number of people still like to get professional advice from a licensed agent and that is OK! Agents are highly skilled in risk management and help file insurance claims. An additional benefit of getting free rate quotes online is that you can obtain lower auto insurance rates and also buy local. Supporting small agencies is definitely important in Fort Wayne.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this quick form, the quote information gets sent to participating agents in Fort Wayne who will return price quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won’t have to contact any agents because quoted prices will be sent to you directly. If you have a need to quote rates from a specific insurance company, feel free to find their quoting web page and fill out their quote form.
Not all auto insurance agents are the same
When looking for a reputable agency, you should know the different types of agencies and how they differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Fort Wayne agents are categorized either exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments. Both types can properly insure your vehicles, but it is a good idea to know the difference in how they write coverage since it can affect the kind of agent you use.
Agents that elect to be independent do not write with just one company and that gives them the ability to insure through lots of different companies and find you cheaper rates. If your premiums go up, an independent agent can move your coverage which requires no work on your part. When comparing rates, it’s recommended you compare quotes from at least one independent agent in order to compare the most rates.
Listed below is a short list of independent agencies in Fort Wayne that may be able to give you pricing information.
Affordable Agency Inc
2314 Lake Ave – Fort Wayne, IN 46805 – (260) 485-2526 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Exclusive agencies work for only one company and some examples include AAA, Allstate, State Farm, or Farmers Insurance. Exclusive agents cannot compare other company’s rates so it’s a take it or leave it situation. Exclusive insurance agents are highly trained on their company’s products which can be an advantage.
The following are exclusive agents in Fort Wayne that can give you price quotes.
American Family Insurance – Janie Laboube Agency Inc.
2810 Beaver Ave – Fort Wayne, IN 46807 – (260) 744-9798 – View Map
Choosing an car insurance agent requires you to look at more than just a cheap quote. These are some valid questions you should ask.
- What company holds the largest book of business for them?
- Do you have coverage for a rental car if your vehicle is in the repair shop?
- Do they offer claims assistance after hours?
- What discounts might you be missing?
- How are claims handled?
- Does the company have a solid financial rating?
Best car insurance in Fort Wayne
Picking a good quality auto insurance company is hard considering how many companies there are to choose from in Fort Wayne. The ranking data displayed below may help you decide which coverage providers to look at when comparing rates.
Top 10 Fort Wayne Car Insurance Companies by A.M. Best Rank
- USAA – A++
- GEICO – A++
- Travelers – A++
- State Farm – A++
- Allstate – A+
- Progressive – A+
- Erie Insurance – A+
- The Hartford – A+
- Nationwide – A+
- Esurance – A+
Everyone needs different auto insurance coverages
When quoting and comparing the right insurance coverage, there isn’t really a “best” method to buy coverage. You are unique.
For instance, these questions might help in determining whether or not you might need an agent’s assistance.
- Is my business laptop covered if it gets stolen from my vehicle?
- Am I covered if I break a side mirror?
- How much liability coverage do I need in Indiana?
- Exactly who is provided coverage by my policy?
- Is my nanny covered when transporting my kids?
- Which is better, split liability limits or combined limits?
- Am I covered if I hit my neighbor’s mailbox?
- Do I really need UM/UIM coverage?
If you’re not sure about those questions, you might consider talking to a licensed agent. To find an agent in your area, complete this form. It only takes a few minutes and can provide invaluable advice.
You can lower your auto insurance rates
When shopping online for auto insurance, make sure you don’t skimp on coverage in order to save money. There are too many instances where drivers have reduced liability coverage limits and discovered at claim time that it was a big mistake. The proper strategy is to purchase a proper amount of coverage at the best cost, but do not skimp to save money.
Drivers switch companies for a number of reasons such as poor customer service, denial of a claim, extreme rates for teen drivers and an unsatisfactory settlement offer. It doesn’t matter why you want to switch finding a new auto insurance company is not as hard as you think.
Lower-priced Nissan Sentra insurance in Fort Wayne can be found both online and from local agencies, so you should be comparing quotes from both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. Some insurance companies may not have the ability to get a quote online and these regional insurance providers sell through independent agents.
Even more information can be read in the articles below:
- Teen Driving and Texting (State Farm)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Rates for a School Permit in Fort Wayne? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for a Nissan Sentra in Fort Wayne? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Fort Wayne Auto Insurance Rates for Immigrants? (FAQ)
- Auto Insurance Learning Center (State Farm)
- Vehicle Insurance in the U.S. (Wikipedia)
- What is Covered by GAP Insurance? (Allstate)