We don’t have to tell you that insurance companies don’t want policyholders to compare prices from other companies. People who shop around for cheaper price quotes are very likely to switch auto insurance companies because there is a high probability of finding a lower rate. A recent auto insurance study revealed that people who compared prices regularly saved approximately $860 a year as compared to drivers who never shopped around.
If finding the lowest rates on car insurance in Fort Wayne is your target objective, understanding the best ways to shop for coverage rates can help simplify the task of finding more affordable coverage.
If saving money is your primary concern, then the best way to get more affordable Kia Spectra insurance is to start comparing prices regularly from different companies who provide car insurance in Fort Wayne.
- First, gain an understanding of car insurance and the things you can change to prevent expensive coverage. Many risk factors that cause high rates such as traffic citations, accidents, and a not-so-good credit rating can be remedied by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes. This article gives ideas to help prevent costly coverage and get discounts that may be available to you.
- Second, compare rates from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only quote rates from a single company like Progressive and State Farm, while independent agents can provide price quotes for many different companies.
- Third, compare the price quotes to your existing policy to see if you can save by switching companies. If you find a lower rate quote and switch companies, make sure there is no lapse in coverage.
- Fourth, provide notification to your current company to cancel your current auto insurance policy and submit the signed application along with the required initial payment for your new policy. Immediately upon receiving it, place your new proof of insurance paperwork in an accessible location in your vehicle.
The most important part of shopping around is that you’ll want to compare identical coverages on every quote request and and to compare all possible companies. Doing this ensures a fair price comparison and the best rate selection.
These discounts can reduce Kia Spectra insurance rates
Some companies don’t always publicize all possible discounts very clearly, so the list below contains both well-publicized and also the more inconspicuous discounts that you may qualify for.
- Air Bag Discount – Vehicles equipped with air bags can qualify for discounts of 20 to 30 percent.
- No Accidents – Fort Wayne drivers who stay claim-free are rewarded with significantly better rates on Fort Wayne car insurance quote as opposed to frequent claim filers.
- Own a Home – Just being a homeowner may earn you a small savings because of the fact that having a home requires a higher level of personal finance.
- Mature Driver Discount – If you qualify as a senior citizen, you may be able to get a small discount on rates.
- Theft Deterrent Discount – Vehicles that have factory alarm systems and tracking devices are stolen with less frequency and will qualify for a discount on a Fort Wayne car insurance quote.
- Discounts for Multiple Vehicles – Insuring several vehicles on one policy qualifies for this discount.
- Responsible Driver Discount – Drivers who don’t get into accidents can pay as much as 50% less as compared to drivers with claims.
One last thing about discounts, most discount credits are not given to your bottom line cost. Most only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as comprehensive or collision. If you do the math and it seems like you could get a free insurance policy, insurance companies aren’t that generous.
A few popular companies and some of their more popular discounts can be found below.
- GEICO offers discounts including five-year accident-free, defensive driver, emergency military deployment, anti-lock brakes, daytime running lights, multi-policy, and anti-theft.
- Travelers offers premium reductions for new car, early quote, IntelliDrive, hybrid/electric vehicle, and good student.
- Nationwide policyholders can earn discounts including accident-free, defensive driving, multi-policy, good student, and easy pay.
- Farmers Insurance may include discounts for business and professional, pay in full, youthful driver, homeowner, and early shopping.
- Esurance offers discounts for Switch & Save, good driver, Pac-12 alumni, multi-car, renters, and paid-in-full.
- State Farm includes discounts for anti-theft, driver’s education, good student, multiple autos, defensive driving training, and multiple policy.
- Progressive discounts include homeowner, good student, multi-vehicle, continuous coverage, online quote discount, online signing, and multi-policy.
- Mercury Insurance has savings for professional/association, type of vehicle, good driver, ease of repair, and accident-free.
When comparing rates, check with all the companies which discounts you may be entitled to. Some discounts listed above might not be offered in Fort Wayne. To locate insurers that offer multiple discounts in Indiana, follow this link.
The auto insurance companies shown below are our best choices to provide free quotes in Indiana. To find cheap auto insurance in Indiana, we suggest you click on several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
Why Informed Consumers Pay Less for Kia Spectra Insurance
Lots of things are taken into consideration when you get your auto insurance bill. Some factors are common sense such as your driving history, but some are more obscure such as whether you are married and annual miles driven. Consumers need to have an understanding of the different types of things that are used to determine the level of your policy premiums. If you have some idea of what determines premiums, this enables you to make decisions that could result in lower premium levels.
Shown below are some of the major factors used by your company to calculate prices.
Deter theft and pay less – Choosing a vehicle with advanced anti-theft systems can get you a discount on your car insurance. Theft prevention devices like LoJack tracking devices, vehicle tamper alarm systems or GM’s OnStar system can thwart auto theft and help lower rates.
Don’t get traffic citations – Being a careful driver has a huge affect on how much you pay. Drivers with clean records tend to pay less for car insurance as compared to careless drivers. Only having one chargeable violation may increase your cost by twenty percent. Drivers who get flagrant violations like DWI, reckless driving or hit and run convictions may face state-mandated requirements to file a proof of financial responsibility form (SR-22) with their state in order to legally drive a vehicle.
Getting married reduces risk – Being married may save some money compared to being single. It means you’re more responsible and insurance companies like that being married results in fewer claims.
Big city or small town – Choosing to live in a rural area can save you money when shopping for auto insurance. Fewer drivers and short commutes means less chance of accidents as well as less vandalism and auto theft. Drivers in populated Indiana areas regularly have more road rage incidents and higher rates of accident claims. The longer drive time translates into higher accident risk.
Pay more out-of-pocket – The deductibles you choose are the amount of money you are willing to pay if a claim is determined to be covered. Protection for physical damage, also known as collision and other-than-collision, is used to repair damage to your car. Some coverage claims are a windshield broken by a bird, damage caused by hail, and having a roll-over accident. The more of the claim you pay before a claim is paid (deductible), the less your company will charge you for insurance.
Save money with high credit – Having a good credit rating is a large factor in determining premium rates. If your credit could use some work, you may save money insuring your Kia Spectra by taking the time to improve your credit score. Drivers with excellent credit scores tend to file fewer claims and have better driving records as compared to drivers with lower credit ratings.
Stress out and pay more – Did you know your car insurance rates can be affected by your occupation? Occupations like military personnel, social workers, and accountants generally have the highest average rates because of intense work situations and long work days. On the flip side, professions such as actors, historians and performers get better rates.
You are unique and your insurance should be too
When choosing coverage for your personal vehicles, there isn’t really a best way to insure your cars. Every situation is different.
Here are some questions about coverages that can aid in determining whether your personal situation would benefit from professional advice.
- Does coverage extend to a rental car in a foreign country?
- Should I bundle my homeowners policy with my auto?
- Is my camper covered by my car insurance policy?
- Am I covered by my spouse’s policy after a separation?
- Why do I need rental car insurance?
- At what point should I drop full coverage?
- How much underlying liability do I need for an umbrella policy?
- Exactly who is provided coverage by my policy?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but you think they might apply to your situation, then you may want to think about talking to an agent. If you don’t have a local agent, take a second and complete this form. It’s fast, doesn’t cost anything and may give you better protection.
Exclusive and independent auto insurance agents
Certain consumers just prefer to get professional advice from a licensed agent and that is OK! Good insurance agents can answer important questions and give you someone to call. The best thing about price shopping on the web is you can get cheap insurance rates and still buy from a local agent. Buying from and supporting neighborhood insurance agencies is definitely important in Fort Wayne.
After filling out this form (opens in new window), your insurance coverage information is immediately sent to participating agents in Fort Wayne that provide free Fort Wayne car insurance quotes for your insurance coverage. You won’t even need to search for any insurance agencies as quotes are delivered instantly to you. In the event you want to get a price quote from one company in particular, you would need to visit that company’s website and fill out the quote form the provide.
When searching for a local insurance agency, it can be helpful to understand the types of agencies from which to choose. Insurance agencies may be either independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive. Both types of agents can write policy coverage, but we need to point out the differences because it can influence your selection of an agent.
Independent Insurance Agencies or Brokers
Agents in the independent channel do not sell for just one brand and that allows them to write policies through many different insurance companies and potentially find a lower price. If your agent finds better pricing, they simply switch companies in-house and you stay with the same agent.
When shopping rates, it’s a good idea to get some free quotes from at least one independent agent for the best price selection. Many write coverage with companies you’ve never heard of who may have lower rates.
Featured below are independent insurance agents in Fort Wayne who may be able to give you free insurance quotes.
- Jackson Insurance Agency
809 S Calhoun St #308 – Fort Wayne, IN 46802 – (260) 434-0352 – View Map
- Real Estate Agents Health Insurance Direct
8411 Clinton Park Dr – Fort Wayne, IN 46825 – (855) 343-7344 – View Map
- Lupke Rice Insurance-Financial
127 W Berry St # 500 – Fort Wayne, IN 46802 – (260) 424-4150 – View Map
Exclusive agencies write business for a single company and examples are Farmers Insurance, State Farm, or Allstate. Exclusive agents cannot provide other company’s prices so it’s a take it or leave it situation. They are trained well on their products and sales techniques and that can be a competitive advantage. A lot of people buy from the same agent for years mostly because of high brand loyalty and strong financial ratings.
Below is a list of exclusive insurance agents in Fort Wayne that can give you price quotes.
- Allstate Insurance: Susan L. Law
5308 St Joe Rd – Fort Wayne, IN 46835 – (260) 492-6254 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Paul Michaylo
2416 Getz Rd – Fort Wayne, IN 46804 – (260) 459-1700 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Jeffrey W Griggs
4340 Maplecrest Rd – Fort Wayne, IN 46815 – (260) 486-3883 – View Map
Finding the right auto insurance agent should depend on more than just the price. Here are some questions you might want to ask.
- Do they have adequate Errors and Omissions coverage? This protects you if they make a mistake.
- Do you qualify for any additional discounts?
- In the event of vehicle damage, can you pick the collision repair facility?
- Which members of your family are coverage by the policy?
- Is coverage determined by price?
- Will high miles depreciate repair valuations?
- What kind of financial rating does the company have?
- How experienced are they in personal risk management?
If you receive positive feedback to any questions you have as well as a affordable price, you’ve probably found an insurance agent that meets your needs to provide insurance coverage. But remember, you are able to terminate your policy whenever you choose to so don’t think that you are obligated to the insurance policy with no way out.
Three reasons auto insurance is important
Even though it can be expensive, buying auto insurance is required for several reasons.
- The majority of states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means state laws require a specific level of liability insurance coverage if you want to drive legally. In Indiana these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your Spectra with a loan, it’s most likely the lender will make it a condition of the loan that you have physical damage coverage to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the bank may buy a policy for your Kia at a more expensive rate and force you to pay the higher price.
- Insurance protects both your vehicle and your assets. It will also provide coverage for medical expenses that are the result of an accident. Liability coverage also pays expenses related to your legal defense if you are sued as the result of an accident. If your Kia gets damaged, your auto insurance policy will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of insuring your Spectra are without a doubt worth the cost, particularly for liability claims. According to a survey of 1,000 drivers, the average driver is currently overpaying as much as $865 each year so we recommend shopping around each time the policy renews to ensure rates are competitive.
One last thing about your coverage
When trying to cut insurance costs, it’s very important that you do not skimp on coverage in order to save money. In many instances, an insured cut full coverage and learned later that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. The goal is to buy a smart amount of coverage for the lowest cost, but don’t skip important coverages to save money.
You just learned a lot of ways to shop for Kia Spectra insurance online. It’s most important to understand that the more you quote Fort Wayne car insurance, the higher the chance of saving money. Consumers may even find the most savings is with a small mutual company.
Budget-friendly auto insurance in Fort Wayne can be purchased both online and from local insurance agents, and you should compare rates from both to have the best chance of lowering rates. A few companies do not offer online price quotes and usually these regional insurance providers sell through local independent agencies.
For more information, feel free to visit the following helpful articles:
- Five Mistakes to Avoid (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has the Cheapest Fort Wayne Car Insurance Quotes for a Mazda CX-7? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for a Hyundai Sonata in Fort Wayne? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Rates for Teenage Males in Fort Wayne? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Rates for a Nissan Rogue in Fort Wayne? (FAQ)
- Understanding Car Crashes Video (iihs.org)
- Teen Driving and Texting (State Farm)
- Child Safety FAQ (iihs.org)