Shockingly, nearly 70% of consumers kept their policy with the same company for well over three years, and almost 40% of drivers have never even compared rates from other companies. Consumers in Indiana could cut their rates by 55% a year just by shopping around, but they don’t know the amount of savings they would get if they switched to a more affordable policy.
If you want to save money, the best way to get discount Kia Borrego insurance is to regularly compare price quotes from insurance carriers in Fort Wayne.
First, spend some time learning about how car insurance works and the things you can change to prevent high rates. Many factors that are responsible for high rates like speeding tickets, accidents and a negative credit history can be remedied by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes.
Second, request price quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct and exclusive agents can only give rate quotes from one company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while agents who are independent can quote prices from many different companies.
Third, compare the new rates to the premium of your current policy to see if cheaper Borrego coverage is available in Fort Wayne. If you can save money and change companies, make sure there is no lapse in coverage.
Fourth, give notification to your current company to cancel your current coverage. Submit the completed application along with a down payment to the new insurer. Be sure to keep the new certificate of insurance in a readily accessible location in your vehicle.
The most important part of shopping around is to use similar deductibles and liability limits on every quote request and and to look at as many car insurance companies as possible. Doing this guarantees the most accurate price comparison and a better comparison of the market.
Best companies for Kia Borrego insurance
The companies shown below are our best choices to provide free quotes in Fort Wayne, IN. In order to find cheaper auto insurance in Indiana, it’s a good idea that you visit as many as you can in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Determine discounts to get cheap Fort Wayne auto insurance rates
The price of auto insurance can be rather high, but there may be some discounts that can drop the cost substantially. A few discounts will be applied at the time you complete a quote, but once in a while a discount must be manually applied before being credited. If you do not double check each discount you qualify for, it’s possible you qualify for a lower rate.
- Military Discounts – Having a family member in the military may qualify for rate reductions.
- Professional Memberships – Being in qualifying clubs or civic groups is a good way to get lower rates when getting a Fort Wayne car insurance quote.
- Good Student Discount – This discount can get you a discount of up to 25%. Many companies even apply the discount to college students up to age 25.
- Use Seat Belts – Drivers who always wear seat belts and also require passengers to buckle up can save 10% or more on the medical payments or PIP coverage costs.
- Fort Wayne Homeowners Discount – Owning your own home or condo can save you money because of the fact that having a home shows financial diligence.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Companies who offer life insurance give a discount if you purchase a life insurance policy as well.
As a disclaimer on discounts, many deductions do not apply to the entire policy premium. Some only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as collision or personal injury protection. So even though it sounds like all those discounts means the company will pay you, that’s just not realistic.
A list of auto insurance companies and their offered discounts are outlined below.
- State Farm offers discounts for Drive Safe & Save, good driver, passive restraint, multiple autos, Steer Clear safe driver discount, accident-free, and safe vehicle.
- Esurance may offer discounts for good driver, multi-policy, safety device, multi-car, Switch & Save, and defensive driver.
- Progressive may have discounts that include online quote discount, good student, multi-policy, continuous coverage, and homeowner.
- Liberty Mutual discounts include teen driver discount, new graduate, new vehicle discount, newly retired, hybrid vehicle, and good student.
- Auto-Owners Insurance policyholders can earn discounts including mature driver, student away at school, anti-theft, group or association, multiple vehicles, and paperless.
- GEICO may include discounts for driver training, anti-theft, multi-vehicle, good student, five-year accident-free, air bags, and anti-lock brakes.
Before buying, ask all companies you are considering the best way to save money. Some credits might not be offered everywhere. For a list of auto insurance companies that can offer you the previously mentioned discounts in Indiana, click this link.
Lower the Price of Insurance with These Tips
The best way to find cheaper insurance is to take a look at a few of the rating criteria that play a part in calculating your policy premiums. If you know what controls the rates you pay, this helps enable you to make changes that may result in lower premium levels.
Premiums increase with driving tickets – Your driving citation history impacts premiums far more than you think. Even a single moving violation can bump up the cost twenty percent or more. Attentive drivers pay lower auto insurance prices than bad drivers. Drivers who have flagrant tickets such as reckless driving, hit and run or driving under the influence may find they need to maintain a SR-22 with their state in order to legally drive a vehicle.
Insurance companies don’t like frequent claims – If you are the type of insured that files lots of claims you should expect either higher rates or even cancellation. Companies in Indiana generally give better rates to people who do not file claims often. Your car insurance is intended to be relied upon for the large, substantial claims.
High deductibles reduce prices – Your deductibles are how much you are willing to pay out-of-pocket before your insurance pays a claim. Insurance for physical damage, commonly called comprehensive (or other-than-collision) and collision coverage, covers damage that occurs to your car. Examples of covered claims could be colliding with a stationary object, collision with a deer, and damage caused by road hazards. The larger the amount you choose to pay out-of-pocket, the bigger discount you will receive.
High credit means lower premiums – An insured’s credit score can be an important factor in determining premium rates. So if your credit history is low, you may save money insuring your Kia Borrego by spending a little time repairing your credit. Insureds that have very high credit ratings tend to file fewer claims and have better driving records than drivers who have lower ratings.
Gender impacts prices – Statistics have proven that men are more aggressive behind the wheel. It does not mean males are worse at driving than females. Females and males get in accidents at a similar rate, but the males cause more damage and cost insurance companies more money. Not only are claims higher, but men receive more costly citations like reckless driving and DUI.
Your liability limits – A critical coverage on your policy, liability insurance is the protection in the event that you are responsible for personal injury or accident damage. Your policy’s liability insurance provides legal defense which can be incredibly expensive. Liability is cheap when compared to the cost of physical damage coverage, so insureds should have plenty of protection for their assets.
Exclusive versus independent auto insurance agents
Many people still prefer to talk to an insurance agent and that is a personal choice. Experienced insurance agents can point out coverage gaps and help in the event of a claim. A good thing about getting free rate quotes online is the fact that drivers can get cheap car insurance quotes and still have an agent to talk to.
By using this simple form, your insurance data is instantly submitted to local insurance agents that provide free Fort Wayne car insurance quotes for your business. There is no reason to even leave your home since rate quotes are delivered directly to you. If for some reason you want to get a price quote from one company in particular, you just need to navigate to their website to submit a rate quote request.
Deciding on a provider shouldn’t rely on just the quoted price. Any good agent in Fort Wayne should know the answers to these questions.
- Will the agent help in case of a claim?
- What companies can they write with?
- Does the company have a solid financial rating?
- Does the company use OEM repair parts?
- What insurance companies do they recommend if they are an independent agent?
Exclusive and independent Fort Wayne car insurance agents
When narrowing the list to find local Fort Wayne agents, it can be helpful to understand the different types of agents and how they differ in how they quote coverages. Car insurance agents are either exclusive or independent (non-exclusive). Both can insure your vehicles, but it is a good idea to know why they differ because it can factor into which agent you choose.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Exclusive agents generally can only insure with one company and some examples include State Farm or Allstate. They generally cannot provide prices from multiple companies so always compare other rates. Exclusive agents are very knowledgeable on sales techniques which helps them compete with independent agents. Consumers sometimes buy from the same agent for years partially due to the prominence of the brand rather than having low rates.
The following are exclusive agencies in Fort Wayne willing to provide comparison quotes.
- Allstate Insurance: Jay Raj
702 W Coliseum Blvd d – Fort Wayne, IN 46808 – (260) 484-5577 – View Map
- Scott Robinson – State Farm Insurance Agent
4705 Illinois Rd Ste 100 – Fort Wayne, IN 46804 – (260) 744-3218 – View Map
- Connie Stickler – State Farm Insurance Agent
7105 Old Trail Rd – Fort Wayne, IN 46809 – (260) 747-2626 – View Map
Independent Car Insurance Agents
Agents that elect to be independent do not have single company limitations and that allows them to write policies through many companies and potentially find a lower price. To transfer your coverage to a different company, your agent can switch companies and you don’t have to find a new agent.
If you are trying to find cheaper rates, you absolutely need to compare quotes from a couple of independent agencies to ensure the widest selection of prices. Most can insure with different regional companies that may have much lower rates than larger companies.
The following is a list of independent insurance agencies in Fort Wayne who can help you get price quote information.
- Short Associates, Inc.
2855 E Dupont Rd – Fort Wayne, IN 46825 – (260) 482-7077 – View Map
- Northern Insurance
7113 W Jefferson Blvd – Fort Wayne, IN 46804 – (260) 969-5613 – View Map
- Real Estate Agents Health Insurance Direct
8411 Clinton Park Dr – Fort Wayne, IN 46825 – (855) 343-7344 – View Map
Fort Wayne auto insurance companies ranked
Selecting a highly-rated auto insurance provider is difficult considering how many different insurance companies sell coverage in Fort Wayne. The company information shown next could help you decide which car insurance providers you want to consider to insure your vehicles.
|Company||Value||Customer Service||Claims||Customer Satisfaction||A.M Best Rating||Overall Score|
|Compare Rates Now Go|
Data Source: Insure.com Best Car Insurance Companies
Shop smart and save
In this article, we presented some good ideas how to compare Kia Borrego insurance car insurance rates in Fort Wayne. The most important thing to understand is the more price quotes you have, the higher your chance of finding inexpensive Fort Wayne car insurance quotes. You may even discover the lowest car insurance rates come from a company that doesn’t do a lot of advertising.
Drivers change insurance companies for any number of reasons including policy cancellation, delays in paying claims, denial of a claim and even extreme rates for teen drivers. Whatever your reason, finding a new company is not as hard as you think.
While you’re price shopping online, never skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. There are a lot of situations where someone sacrificed liability limits or collision coverage only to find out that the few dollars in savings costed them thousands. The ultimate goal is to buy a smart amount of coverage at the best price while not skimping on critical coverages.
Additional information is available at the links below
- Vehicle Safety Ratings (iihs.org)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Quotes After a Speeding Ticket in Fort Wayne? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Teenagers in Fort Wayne? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Quotes for Active Military in Fort Wayne? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance for Felons in Fort Wayne? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Fort Wayne Car Insurance for a Honda Civic? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Rates for a Nissan Rogue in Fort Wayne? (FAQ)
- Teen Driver Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Front crash protection reduces rear-end crashes (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)