It’s safe to conclude that car insurance companies don’t want you shop around. Insureds who rate shop once a year are inclined to switch to a new company because there are good odds of finding a cheaper policy. A study discovered that consumers who compared rates once a year saved over $3,400 over four years compared to other drivers who never shopped around for cheaper prices.
If finding discount rates on auto insurance in Fort Wayne is your objective, then having a good understanding how to quote and compare insurance coverage can save money and time.
If your goal is the lowest price, then the best way to get budget auto insurance rates in Fort Wayne is to regularly compare prices from insurers in Indiana.
- First, spend a few minutes and learn about the coverage provided by your policy and the steps you can take to lower rates. Many risk factors that increase rates like tickets, at-fault accidents, and a poor credit score can be controlled by making lifestyle changes or driving safer.
- Second, compare rates from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can only provide price estimates from a single company like GEICO and Allstate, while agents who are independent can quote prices for a wide range of insurance providers. Find a Fort Wayne insurance agent
- Third, compare the new quotes to the premium of your current policy to determine if switching companies saves money. If you can save money and change companies, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Fourth, notify your company or agent of your decision to cancel your current car insurance policy. Submit the completed application along with a down payment to your new carrier. Once the application is submitted, put the new proof of insurance certificate in your vehicle.
A key point to remember is that you’ll want to make sure you compare similar deductibles and liability limits on every price quote and and to get price estimates from as many car insurance companies as possible. This helps ensure an apples-to-apples comparison and a better comparison of the market.
How to buy Ford Freestar insurance in Fort Wayne, IN
All the larger car insurance companies give coverage prices from their websites. The process is fairly simple because it’s just a matter of typing in your required coverages as requested by the quote form. When the form is submitted, the system requests credit information and your driving record and generates pricing information based on the data you entered. Quoting online for Ford Freestar insurance in Fort Wayne streamlines rate comparisons, and it is imperative to perform this step in order to find a lower rate.
In order to compare pricing, check out the car insurance providers below. To compare your current rates, we recommend you enter the coverage information identical to your current policy. Doing this assures you’re receiving an apples-to-apples comparison based on the exact same insurance coverage.
The companies shown below can provide price quotes in Fort Wayne, IN. If multiple companies are listed, we suggest you get rate quotes from several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Auto insurance rates and discounts
Insurance can be prohibitively expensive, but you might be missing out on some discounts to help bring down the price. A few discounts will automatically apply when you purchase, but a few must be specially asked for before you will receive the discount.
- E-sign – A few larger companies give back up to $50 for buying your policy on the internet.
- Professional Memberships – Belonging to certain professional organizations could qualify you for a break on auto insurance.
- Military Rewards – Having an actively deployed family member may lower your premium rates slightly.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Not every insurance company offers life insurance, but if they do you may earn a discounted rate on car insurance if you buy a life policy as well.
- Discounts for Cautious Drivers – Accident-free drivers can get discounts for up to 45% lower rates than less cautious drivers.
- Anti-lock Brakes – Anti-lock brake equipped vehicles can reduce accidents and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Employee of Federal Government – Employees or retirees of the government could qualify for a slight premium decrease depending on your auto insurance provider.
- College Student Discount – College-age children living away from Fort Wayne attending college and do not have a car may qualify for this discount.
- Bundle and Save – When you have multiple policies with one insurance company you could get a discount of 10% to 20% off each policy.
- Early Payment Discounts – If paying your policy premium upfront as opposed to paying monthly you can actually save on your bill.
Discounts save money, but please remember that most discounts do not apply to the entire cost. Most only cut the cost of specific coverages such as liability and collision coverage. So despite the fact that it appears you can get free auto insurance, that’s just not realistic. But any discount should definitely cut the amount you have to pay.
Large auto insurance companies and some of the discounts are shown below.
- State Farm discounts include multiple policy, anti-theft, Steer Clear safe driver discount, passive restraint, and driver’s education.
- Nationwide may have discounts that include family plan, multi-policy, anti-theft, business or organization, and easy pay.
- GEICO includes discounts for membership and employees, emergency military deployment, good student, multi-vehicle, and driver training.
- AAA may include discounts for good driver, education and occupation, pay-in-full, AAA membership discount, good student, and anti-theft.
- 21st Century offers discounts including driver training, early bird, 55 and older, homeowners, theft prevention, and defensive driver.
- The Hartford offers discounts for air bag, defensive driver, good student, bundle, vehicle fuel type, anti-theft, and driver training.
If you need affordable Fort Wayne auto insurance quotes, ask each insurance company which credits you are entitled to. Some credits might not be available to policyholders everywhere. To view insurance companies who offer cheap Ford Freestar insurance quotes in Fort Wayne, click here to view.
Find Lower-cost Car Insurance with These Tips
Multiple criteria are used in the calculation when quoting car insurance. Some are pretty understandable like your driving record, but other criteria are not quite as obvious like your continuous coverage or how safe your car is.
Do thieves like your car? – Selecting a car model with advanced anti-theft systems can help lower your premiums. Theft deterrent systems such as OnStar, LoJack tracking, and tamper alarms all help stop auto theft.
Lower performance equals lower insurance prices – The performance of the car or truck you drive makes a huge difference in your premium level. Smaller low performance passenger cars usually are quite affordable to insure, but your final cost has many other factors.
Men pay higher prices – Statistics demonstrate that females take fewer risks when driving. However, this does not mean females are better drivers. They both are in auto accidents at about the same rate, but guys cause more damage and cost insurance companies more money. Men also statistically receive more costly citations like driving under the influence (DUI). Youthful male drivers have the highest risk to insure and thus pay the highest rates.
Where you call home can affect costs – Living in small towns and rural areas may provide you with better prices when talking about car insurance. Less people means fewer accidents and also fewer theft and vandalism claims. Residents of big cities regularly have more auto accidents and more severe claims. More time on the road means more chance of being in an accident.
Local Fort Wayne insurance agents and insurance
Some people prefer to buy from a local agent and that is just fine! Professional insurance agents will help you protect your assets and help file insurance claims. A good thing about price shopping on the web is the fact that you can find cheap insurance rates and still have an agent to talk to.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this simple form, your information gets sent to insurance agents in Fort Wayne who will give you bids and help you find cheaper coverage. It makes it easy because there is no need to do any legwork since price quotes are sent instantly to you. If you need to get a comparison quote from one company in particular, you would need to go to their quote page to submit a rate quote request.
Picking the best company should include more criteria than just the quoted price. Any agent in Fort Wayne should have no problem answering these questions:
- Are they involved in claim handling?
- Are aftermarket or OEM parts used to repair vehicles?
- Are there any discounts for paying up front?
- Do they reduce claim amounts on high mileage vehicles?
- Is coverage determined by price?
Exclusive and independent Fort Wayne car insurance agents
If you are wanting to find a local Fort Wayne insurance agent, there are two different types of agencies and how they operate. Insurance agencies can be categorized as either independent agents or exclusive agents. Either one can do a good job, but it is important to understand the difference in the companies they write for because it can impact your agent selection.
Agents that choose to be exclusive are contracted to one company and some examples include State Farm, AAA, and Liberty Mutual. They are unable to give you multiple price quotes so you need to shop around if the rates are high. These agents are very knowledgeable in insurance sales and that can be a competitive advantage.
The following is a short list of exclusive insurance agents in Fort Wayne willing to provide price quote information.
W.C. Starks – State Farm Insurance Agent
3818 S Calhoun St – Fort Wayne, IN 46807 – (260) 744-4357 – View Map
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Agents that choose to be independent do not sell for just one brand so they can write business through many companies and get the cheapest rates. If they find a cheaper price, they simply move the coverage in-house which makes it simple for you.
When comparing insurance rates, you need to check rates from several independent insurance agents to maximize your price options.
Below are Fort Wayne independent agents who can help you get price quotes.
What insurance coverages do I need?
When buying insurance from an agent or online for your vehicles, there really isn’t a one size fits all plan. You are unique and your policy should reflect that.
These are some specific questions may help you determine whether you could use an agent’s help.
- What if I total my Ford Freestar and owe more than it’s worth?
- What is PIP insurance?
- How many claims can I have before being canceled?
- Should I put collision coverage on all my vehicles?
- How much underlying liability do I need for an umbrella policy?
- Is there coverage for injuries to my pets?
- Will filing a claim cost me more?
- Why does it cost so much to insure a teen driver in Fort Wayne?
- Am I covered if I hit someone who is not insured?
- What can I do if my company won’t pay a claim?
If you can’t answer these questions but you know they apply to you, you may need to chat with an agent. If you don’t have a local agent, fill out this quick form or click here for a list of car insurance companies in your area. It only takes a few minutes and can help protect your family.
Be persistent to save money
Some insurance companies may not provide the ability to get quotes online and usually these small, regional companies provide coverage only through independent agents. More affordable insurance in Fort Wayne can be purchased online as well as from independent agents in Fort Wayne, so compare prices from both so you have a total pricing picture.
Throughout this article, we presented some good ideas how you can get a better price on Ford Freestar insurance in Fort Wayne. The key concept to understand is the more price quotes you have, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. You may even find the lowest priced insurance comes from some of the lesser-known companies. These smaller insurers may often insure only within specific states and give better rates as compared to the big name companies such as State Farm or Progressive.
To read more, feel free to visit the articles below:
- Protecting Teens from Drunk Driving (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Affordable Fort Wayne Car Insurance Quotes for Drivers with a DUI? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance for Ride Shares in Fort Wayne? (FAQ)
- What is a Telematics Device? (Allstate)
- Auto Insurance Learning Center (State Farm)
- Frontal Crash Tests (iihs.org)