The easiest way to find discount Fiat 500 insurance in Fort Wayne is to make a habit of regularly comparing prices from insurance carriers in Indiana.
- Spend a few minutes and learn about individual coverages and the factors you can control to prevent expensive coverage. Many rating criteria that result in higher rates such as speeding tickets, careless driving and a bad credit score can be rectified by making minor changes to your lifestyle. Continue reading for information to get better rates and find overlooked discounts.
- Request price quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct and exclusive agents can give quotes from one company like Progressive and State Farm, while agents who are independent can provide prices from many different companies.
- Compare the price quotes to the premium of your current policy and see if you can save money. If you find better rates and make a switch, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
- Provide notification to your current agent or company of your intention to cancel the current policy. Submit a down payment along with a signed application to your new insurance company. As soon as coverage is bound, put the certificate verifying coverage along with the vehicle’s registration papers.
The most important part of shopping around is to make sure you enter similar coverage information on each quote request and and to get quotes from as many different insurance providers as possible. This provides the most accurate price comparison and a better comparison of the market.
It goes without saying that auto insurance companies don’t want their policyholders to compare prices. Consumers who shop around for cheaper prices are inclined to buy a new policy because there is a great chance of finding coverage at a cheaper rate. A recent survey revealed that drivers who make a habit of shopping around saved over $860 a year as compared to drivers who never compared other company’s rates.
If finding the lowest price for Fiat 500 insurance is your target objective, then understanding how to get free comparison quotes and analyze car insurance can make it easier to find better rates.
If you have insurance now, you will most likely be able to lower your rates using the techniques presented in this article. Buying the cheapest insurance in Fort Wayne is really not that difficult. Although Indiana car owners should learn how companies market on the web because it varies considerably.
There are several ways to compare rate quotes from lots of Indiana insurance companies. The best method to compare rates involves getting comparison quotes online.
Comparison shopping price quotes online is easy and it takes the place of having to make phone calls or go to insurance agents’ offices. The ability to get quotes online makes this process obsolete unless you prefer the trained guidance of an agent trained in personal lines coverage. It is possible with some companies find lower rates online but buy from a local insurance agent.
When price shopping your coverage, comparing more prices helps improve the odds of finding a lower rate. Not every company does Fort Wayne 500 insurance quotes online, so you should also compare price estimates from those companies as well.
The providers in the list below provide price quotes in Indiana. If your goal is to find the cheapest car insurance in IN, we suggest you click on several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
Why you need insurance for your Fiat 500
Even though Fort Wayne 500 insurance rates can get expensive, insurance may not be optional for several reasons.
- Just about all states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to buy specific minimum amounts of liability if you drive a vehicle. In Indiana these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your 500 has a loan, it’s most likely the lender will force you to buy full coverage to guarantee payment of the loan. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Fiat at an extremely high rate and require you to reimburse them much more than you were paying before.
- Car insurance protects your Fiat 500 and your assets. Insurance will pay for medical transport and hospital expenses incurred in an accident. As part of your policy, liability insurance will also pay to defend you if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, collision and comprehensive coverages will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of carrying enough insurance greatly outweigh the cost, particularly when you have a large claim. According to a recent study, the average American driver is overpaying over $865 each year so shop around once a year at a minimum to ensure rates are competitive.
Why Your Insurance Rates might be higher
Consumers need to have an understanding of the factors that are used to determine the rates you pay for auto insurance. If you have a feel for what impacts premium levels, this allows you to make educated decisions that may result in better auto insurance rates.
- Does auto insurance cost less for gals? – The statistics show that females tend to be a little less risky than males. The data does not necessarily mean that men are WORSE drivers than women. Women and men have fender benders at about the same rate, but guys get into accidents with more damage. They also get higher numbers of serious violations like DWI (DUI) or reckless driving.
- Deter vehicle theft – Choosing to buy a car with an alarm system can save you some money. Theft prevention features like OnStar found on GM vehicles, advanced tracking like LoJack, and vehicle immobilization systems help track and prevent your vehicle from being stolen.
- Your address can push rates up or down – Having an address in a rural area has it’s advantages when it comes to auto insurance. Less people living in that area corresponds to lower accident rates in addition to lower liability claims. Urban drivers have more aggressive driving styles and longer commute times. The longer drive time means a statistically higher chance of an accident.
- Long commutes cost more – Driving a lot of miles in a year the more you will pay for auto insurance. Many insurance companies charge rates determined by how the vehicle is used. Cars and trucks that are left in the garage qualify for better rates compared to those used for work or business. An improperly rated 500 is just wasting money. Double check that your declarations sheet reflects how each vehicle is driven, because it can save money.
- Avoid coverage lapses – Having an insurance coverage lapse is a fast way to bump up your auto insurance costs. Not only will you pay more, being ticketed for driving with no insurance might get you a license revocation or jail time. You may then be required to prove you have insurance by filing a SR-22 with the Indiana DMV.
- Performance makes a difference – The performance of the car you need to insure makes a huge difference in the rate you pay. The lowest premiums are for low performance passenger models, but many other things help determine your insurance rates.
- Premiums and vocation – Do you work in a high-stress field? Occupational choices like judges, business owners, and financial analysts are shown to have the highest rates due to high stress and extremely grueling work hours. On the flip side, careers such as scientists, athletes and performers pay the least.
- Only buy coverage you need – There are a ton of extra bells and whistles that sound like a good idea at the time but may not be useful. Things like vanishing deductibles, death and dismemberment, and membership fees may be costing you every month. The coverages may be enticing when talking to your agent, but if you’ve never needed them in the past eliminate the coverages to reduce your premium.
Fiat 500 statistical loss data – Insurers factor in insurance loss information to determine a price that will be profitable for them. Vehicles that are shown to have higher claim amounts or frequency will have increased rates. The table shown below demonstrates the loss history for Fiat 500 vehicles.
For each type of coverage, the claim amount for all vehicles, as a total average, is a value of 100. Numbers that are below 100 suggest a better than average loss history, while values over 100 indicate higher probability of having a loss or an increased chance of a larger loss.
Fiat 500 Insurance Loss Statistics Vehicle Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Fiat 500 72 76 66 96 89 84 Fiat 500 Convertible 76 79 60 85 Fiat 500 Electric 73 59 76 60 Fiat 500L 112 80 102 128 93 97BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Statistics from IIHS.org for 2013-2015 Model Years
Different people need different car insurance coverages
Always remember that when buying your policy, there isn’t really a perfect coverage plan. Your financial needs are unique.
Here are some questions about coverages that might help in determining whether your personal situation might need an agent’s assistance.
- Am I covered if I hit my neighbor’s mailbox?
- Why am I required to buy liability insurance?
- Is my camper covered by my car insurance policy?
- Can I rent a car in Mexico?
- Is upholstery damage covered by car insurance?
- Does low annual mileage earn a discount?
- Is my teen driver covered when they drive my company car?
- What companies insure drivers after a DUI or DWI?
- Are my friends covered when driving my Fiat 500?
If you can’t answer these questions but you know they apply to you, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed agent. If you don’t have a local agent, simply complete this short form.
Fort Wayne auto insurance companies ranked
Selecting the best company can be difficult considering how many companies there are in Indiana. The information shown next can help you select which insurers you want to consider putting your business with.
Top 10 Fort Wayne Car Insurance Companies Overall
- 21st Century
- AAA Insurance
- Liberty Mutual
- Safeco Insurance
- State Farm
- American Family
Top 10 Fort Wayne Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Value
- AAA Insurance
- Erie Insurance
- State Farm
- Liberty Mutual
- Safeco Insurance
- 21st Century
Quote. Compare. Save.
When you buy Fort Wayne auto insurance online, do not buy less coverage just to save a little money. There have been many situations where drivers have reduced comprehensive coverage or liability limits only to regret at claim time that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. The aim is to find the BEST coverage for the lowest cost.
You just read quite a bit of information on how to find lower-cost Fiat 500 insurance in Fort Wayne. It’s most important to understand that the more rate comparisons you have, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. Consumers could even find that the lowest prices are with an unexpected company.
Drivers leave their current company for a variety of reasons including policy cancellation, poor customer service, an unsatisfactory settlement offer or lack of trust in their agent. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, finding a new car insurance company is easier than you think.
Even more information is located in these articles:
- Vehicle Safety Ratings (iihs.org)
- Who Has Cheap Fort Wayne Auto Insurance Rates for a Honda Accord? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Rates for Business Use in Fort Wayne? (FAQ)
- How Much is Fort Wayne Car Insurance for a GMC Sierra? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Fort Wayne Auto Insurance for Retired Military? (FAQ)
- Help Your Teen Be a Better Driver (State Farm)
- Property Damage Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- Alcohol Impaired Driving FAQ (iihs.org)