It’s hard to believe, but a large majority of car insurance policyholders have remained with the same car insurance company for four years or more, and approximately 38% of consumers have never even compared rates from other companies. Fort Wayne insurance shoppers could save about 55% a year, but they just feel it’s too hard to compare rate quotes online.
The most effective way to get cheaper auto insurance rates in Fort Wayne is to compare prices once a year from companies that insure vehicles in Indiana. You can shop around by completing these steps.
- Take a little time to learn about coverages and the factors you can control to keep rates down. Many factors that cause rate increases such as accidents, careless driving, and a less-than-favorable credit score can be eliminated by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes.
- Compare prices from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can give quotes from one company like GEICO and Allstate, while independent agencies can provide rate quotes for a wide range of companies.
- Compare the new rates to your existing coverage to determine if you can save on S40 insurance in Fort Wayne. If you can save money and make a switch, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Notify your company or agent of your intent to cancel your current policy and submit the required down payment along with the signed application to your new company or agent. As soon as you have the new policy, safely store the proof of insurance certificate along with the vehicle’s registration papers.
The key thing to know about shopping around is that you’ll want to compare the same liability limits and deductibles on each quote request and and to get price quotes from as many carriers as you can. Doing this guarantees an apples-to-apples comparison and a complete price analysis.
The method we recommend to get rate comparisons for Volvo S40 insurance in Fort Wayne takes advantage of the fact almost all companies actually pay money for the chance to quote your coverage. The one thing you need to do is provide a small amount of information such as which vehicles you own, how you use your vehicles, your occupation, and driver details. Your rating data is then submitted to all major companies and they respond with quotes instantly to find the best rate.
If you would like to compare rates now, click here and complete the form.
The companies in the list below are ready to provide free rate quotes in Fort Wayne, IN. If multiple companies are listed, we suggest you click on several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Get cheaper Volvo S40 insurance rates in Fort Wayne
Companies that sell car insurance don’t always publicize every policy discount very clearly, so the list below details a few of the more common and the harder-to-find discounts you could be receiving when you buy Fort Wayne car insurance online.
- Bundle and Save – If you can combine your auto and home policy and place coverage with the same company you may earn 10% to 20% off each policy.
- Defensive Driver Discounts – Participating in a defensive driver course could earn you a small percentage discount and easily recoup the cost of the course.
- Membership in Organizations – Being a member of a qualifying organization could trigger savings on your policy.
- Homeowners Savings – Owning your own home or condo can save you money due to the fact that maintaining a home demonstrates responsibility.
- Theft Prevention System – Vehicles that have factory alarm systems and tracking devices are stolen with less frequency and that can save you a little bit as well.
- Save with a New Car – Insuring a vehicle that is new can save you some money because newer vehicles are generally safer.
- Good Students Pay Less – Excelling in school can earn a discount of 20% or more. You can use this discount normally up to age 25.
- Accident-Free Discounts – Drivers who don’t have accidents can save substantially in comparison with drivers with a long claim history.
- Discounts for Responsible Drivers – Drivers who don’t get into accidents may save up to 50% more than their less cautious counterparts.
Discounts reduce rates, but you should keep in mind that many deductions do not apply to all coverage premiums. Most cut specific coverage prices like physical damage coverage or medical payments. Despite the fact that it seems like it’s possible to get free car insurance, insurance companies wouldn’t stay in business.
The diagram below shows the difference between Volvo S40 auto insurance rates with and without discounts applied to the policy premium. The price estimates are based on a male driver, no claims or violations, Indiana state minimum liability limits, comp and collision included, and $100 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-policy, safe-driver, homeowner, claim-free, marriage, and multi-car discounts applied.
A few popular companies and their offered discounts can be read below.
- Progressive offers premium reductions for online signing, continuous coverage, online quote discount, multi-policy, homeowner, and multi-vehicle.
- The Hartford may offer discounts for anti-theft, air bag, good student, vehicle fuel type, and bundle.
- Mercury Insurance offers discounts for age of vehicle, good driver, multi-car, ease of repair, low natural disaster claims, and good student.
- GEICO has discounts for federal employee, anti-lock brakes, membership and employees, military active duty, and multi-vehicle.
- AAA includes discounts for anti-theft, education and occupation, pay-in-full, good driver, AAA membership discount, good student, and multi-policy.
- State Farm has savings for student away at school, defensive driving training, passive restraint, anti-theft, driver’s education, and good student.
If you need low cost Fort Wayne car insurance quotes, ask every prospective company which discounts they offer. Some of the discounts discussed earlier may not be available in Fort Wayne. To find auto insurance companies that offer some of these discounts in Indiana, click here to view.
Insurance coverage analysis
The rate information displayed below showcases estimates of policy rates for Volvo S40 models. Having a better understanding of how premiums are figured helps drivers make smart choices when purchasing an insurance policy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|S40 T5 AWD R-Design||$130||$280||$318||$18||$94||$840||$70|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Above prices assume single male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1000 deductibles, and Indiana minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, multi-vehicle, safe-driver, multi-policy, and claim-free. Information does not factor in specific location which can decrease or increase rates noticeably.
Impact of careless driving on insurance rates
The illustration below shows how traffic citations and accident claims raise Volvo S40 premium costs for each age group. The data is based on a married female driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, $1,000 deductibles, and no discounts are factored in.
Local Fort Wayne insurance agents
Some consumers just want to sit down with an agent and that is just fine! One of the benefits of comparing insurance online is that drivers can save money and get cheaper rates and also buy local.
Upon completion of this simple form, the coverage information gets sent to companies in Fort Wayne who want to provide quotes for your coverage. There is no reason to do any legwork because prices are sent to you directly. You can find the lowest rates and an insurance agent to talk to. If you wish to compare prices from a specific insurance company, don’t hesitate to go to their quote page and complete a quote there.
Finding a good insurance company requires more thought than just a low price. Any agent in Fort Wayne should have no problem answering these questions:
- How much experience to they have in personal lines coverages?
- Which insurance companies are they affiliated with?
- Is there a Errors and Omissions policy in force?
- Does the agent have professional designations like CIC, CPCU or AIC?
- What will you get paid if your car is a total loss? How is that amount determined?
- Do they have a Better Business Bureau rating in Fort Wayne?
- Does the quote include credit and driving reports?
The different types of auto insurance agents
If you want to use a local Fort Wayne insurance agent, there are a couple of different types of agencies that you can choose from. Agents are classified as either independent or exclusive.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Agents that choose to be exclusive can only place business with one company such as Farmers Insurance, American Family, State Farm and Allstate. These agents are unable to give you multiple price quotes so it’s a take it or leave it situation. Exclusive insurance agents are highly trained on their company’s products which can be an advantage.
Below are Fort Wayne exclusive insurance agencies who can help you get rate quotes.
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Independent agencies are normally appointed by many insurers so they can quote policies through many different insurance companies and help determine which has the cheapest rates. If your agent finds better pricing, your agent can just switch to a different company and you stay with the same agent. When comparing rate quotes, it’s recommended you get several quotes from a few independent agents to get the best comparison.
The following is a short list of independent agencies in Fort Wayne willing to provide comparison quotes.
Insurance agents can help
Always keep in mind that when comparing coverage, there is no one-size-fits-all type of policy. Everyone’s situation is a little different so this has to be addressed.
These are some specific questions might point out if your insurance needs would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- Will my Volvo S40 be repaired with OEM or aftermarket parts?
- Can I get a multi-policy discount for packaging my home and auto coverage?
- Do I need PIP coverage since I have good health insurance?
- Is my Volvo S40 covered if I use it for business?
- Do I need to file an SR-22 for a DUI in Indiana?
- Can my babysitter drive my car?
If you’re not sure about those questions but a few of them apply, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, fill out this quick form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier
What Determines Volvo S40 Insurance Costs?
Many things are part of the equation when pricing auto insurance. Some are obvious like your driving record, but others are not quite as obvious such as whether you are married or your vehicle rating. The best way to find cheaper insurance is to take a look at the rating factors that help determine the level of your policy premiums. When you understand what positively or negatively impacts your premiums, this allows you to make good choices that can earn you much lower annual insurance costs.
- Annual miles is a factor – Driving a lot of miles in a year the more it will cost to insure it. The majority of insurers charge to insure your cars based on how the vehicle is used. Vehicles not used for work or commuting qualify for better rates than cars that get driven a lot. Ask your agent if your vehicle rating reflects the correct driver usage, because it can save money. An incorrectly rated S40 may be wasting your money.
- Pay more of a claim out-of-pocket – Protection for physical damage, otherwise known as comp (or other than collision) and collision, covers your vehicle from damage. Some coverage claims would be running into the backend of another car, collision with an animal, and windstorm damage. The deductibles you choose define how much you are required to spend out-of-pocket if you file a covered claim. The more of the claim you are required to pay out-of-pocket, the less your insurance will be.
- Buy as much liability protection as you can afford – Your insurance policy’s liability coverage is the protection if a court rules you are at fault for damages from an accident. Your liability coverage provides legal defense which can be incredibly expensive. It is affordable coverage when compared with rates for comp and collision, so drivers should buy more than the minimum limits required by law.
- Advanced alarms and GPS tracking – Owning a car with a theft deterrent system can earn a premium discount. Advanced theft deterrents such as OnStar, LoJack tracking, and tamper alarms all hinder auto theft.
Protect more than your Volvo vehicle
Despite the fact that insurance is not cheap in Fort Wayne, insuring your vehicle is most likely required but also gives you several important benefits.
First, the majority of states have minimum liability requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry a specific minimum amount of liability insurance if you drive a vehicle. In Indiana these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if you took out a loan on your vehicle, it’s most likely the lender will make it a condition of the loan that you carry insurance to guarantee payment of the loan. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Volvo at a more expensive rate and require you to reimburse them for the expensive policy.
Third, insurance safeguards not only your vehicle but also your assets. It also can pay for medical expenses that are the result of an accident. As part of your policy, liability insurance also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of having insurance outweigh the cost, especially with large liability claims. In a recent study of 1,000 drivers, the average customer is wasting up to $800 each year so it’s important to compare rates at least once a year to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Throughout this article, we presented quite a bit of information on how to shop for Volvo S40 insurance online. The most important thing to understand is the more companies you get rates for, the better chance you’ll have of finding the cheapest Volvo S40 rate quotes. You may even be surprised to find that the biggest savings come from a lesser-known regional company. Regional companies may often insure only within specific states and give better rates as compared to the big name companies such as State Farm and Allstate.
Some companies don’t offer online rate quotes and many times these small insurance companies only sell through local independent agencies. The cheapest Volvo S40 insurance in Fort Wayne can be purchased online and from local insurance agents, so compare prices from both in order to have the best price selection to choose from.
More information is available on the following sites:
- Bodily Injury Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Rates for Postal Workers in Fort Wayne? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Fort Wayne Car Insurance for a Honda Civic? (FAQ)
- What are my Rights when Filing a Claim? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Driving in Bad Weather (Insurance Information Institute)
- Older Driver Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)