Everyone knows that insurance companies don’t want you to compare rates. People who perform rate comparisons will presumably move their business because they have a good chance of finding good coverage at a lower price. A survey found that drivers who routinely compared rates saved on average $3,450 over four years compared to policyholders who never compared other company’s rates.
If finding the lowest price on Fiat 124 Spider insurance in Fort Wayne is the reason you’re reading this, then learning a little about how to shop and compare cheaper coverage can save time, money, and frustration.
The easiest way to find more affordable Fiat 124 Spider insurance is to do a yearly price comparison from insurers that insure vehicles in Fort Wayne.
- First, try to comprehend coverages and the things you can control to prevent high rates. Many things that increase rates such as traffic violations, accidents, and poor credit history can be eliminated by paying attention to minor details. Keep reading for more ideas to get affordable coverage and get additional discounts that may be available.
- Second, compare prices from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only give rate quotes from one company like Progressive or State Farm, while agents who are independent can quote prices from multiple companies. Get quotes now
- Third, compare the quotes to the price on your current policy to determine if switching companies saves money. If you find a better price and make a switch, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
One piece of advice is to make sure you enter similar deductibles and liability limits on every price quote and and to analyze as many companies as possible. This enables an accurate price comparison and a thorough price selection.
When shopping for cheaper Fort Wayne auto insurance quotes, there are a couple of ways to get quotes from local Fort Wayne car insurance companies. The simplest method to do a complete rate comparison consists of obtaining rate quotes online.
Getting quotes online is very simple and it makes it obsolete to spend your day driving to all the different insurance agencies. Shopping for car insurance online eliminates the middleman unless you have a complicated situation and need the professional guidance of a local agency. It is possible to compare online quotes but still have the advice of a local agent.
When price shopping your coverage, comparing a large number of companies increases your odds of finding a lower rate.
The providers in the list below provide comparison quotes in Indiana. If multiple companies are listed, we recommend you get rates from several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
Why do I need car insurance?
Even though Fort Wayne 124 Spider insurance rates can get expensive, insuring your vehicle serves several important purposes.
- Just about all states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry specific minimum amounts of liability protection in order to drive the car legally. In Indiana these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your vehicle with a loan, it’s guaranteed your bank will force you to have comprehensive coverage to protect their interest in the vehicle. If you let the policy lapse, the lender will be forced to insure your Fiat for a lot more money and force you to pay for it.
- Insurance safeguards both your vehicle and your assets. It will also cover hospital and medical expenses for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. Liability coverage also pays for attorney fees and expenses in the event you are sued. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, collision and comprehensive coverages will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance more than cancel out the cost, especially for larger claims. Today the average American driver is wasting up to $700 annually so smart consumers compare quotes at least once a year to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Fort Wayne Insurance Rates are Influenced by These Factors
Smart consumers have a good feel for some of the things that go into determining the level of your policy premiums. If you know what positively or negatively impacts your premiums, this enables informed choices that can earn you much lower annual insurance costs.
Listed below are some of the items that factor into your prices.
Drive a fast car and pay more – The performance of the car you are insuring makes a big difference in your premium level. The lowest premiums will normally be found when insuring lower cost passenger cars, but there are many factors that impact the final cost.
Is insurance coverage cheaper for females or males? – Over the last 30 years, statistics show that females take fewer risks when driving. That doesn’t necessarily mean that men are WORSE drivers than women. Both sexes cause accidents in similar numbers, but the men have costlier accidents. Men also tend to get more serious tickets like DWI (DUI) or reckless driving. Teenage male drivers cause the most accidents and therefore have the most expensive insurance rates.
Good drivers pay better costs – Whether or not you get tickets influences premium rates substantially. Getting just one chargeable violation can increase the cost of insurance forty percent or more. Drivers with clean records pay less for auto insurance compared to bad drivers. Drivers who have received flagrant citations such as reckless driving or DUI may face state-mandated requirements to file a SR-22 with the DMV in their state in order to prevent their license from being revoked.
Proper usage rating affects prices – Driving more miles in a year’s time the higher your rate. A lot of companies price each vehicle’s coverage partially by how you use the vehicle. Autos that are left in the garage get more affordable rates than vehicles that are driven to work every day. It’s a good idea to make sure your insurance declarations sheet shows the correct driver usage, because it can save money. Incorrect rating for your 124 Spider may be costing you higher rates.
Coverage lapses lead to higher prices – Not having insurance can get your license suspended and you may have a hard time finding new coverage because you let your coverage cancel without a new policy in place. And not only will insurance be more expensive, getting caught without coverage might get you fines or a revoked license. You will then be forced to submit proof of financial responsibility or a SR-22 with the Indiana motor vehicle department.
Low comp and collision deductibles cost more – The deductibles you choose define the amount you are willing to pay before a claim is paid by your company. Physical damage coverage, commonly called comprehensive (or other-than-collision) and collision coverage, protects your car from damage. Some examples of claims that would be covered are rear-ending another vehicle, collision with a deer, and having a roll-over accident. The more of the claim you pay before a claim is paid (deductible), the less your company will charge you for insurance.
Insurance is expensive for teen drivers – Older, more experienced drivers are viewed as being more responsible, file fewer claims, and are safer drivers. Youthful drivers have a tendency to be careless and easily distracted when driving so they pay higher insurance rates.
You may save more by consolidating policies – Lots of insurers afford lower prices to policyholders that have more than one policy in the form of a multi-policy discount. Discounts can amount to anywhere from five to ten percent in most cases. If you currently are using one company, drivers will still want to shop around to help ensure you have the lowest rates.
Lower-cost Fort Wayne insurance rates with discounts
Companies offering auto insurance don’t always list their entire list of discounts very well, so below is a list both well-publicized as well as some of the hidden credits available to lower your premiums when you buy Fort Wayne auto insurance online. If you aren’t receiving every discount available, it’s possible you qualify for a lower rate.
- Air Bags and Passive Restraints – Options like air bags or motorized seat belts may qualify for discounts of 20 to 30 percent.
- Paperwork-free – Some of the larger companies will discount your bill up to fifty bucks for signing up on their website.
- Buy New and Save – Buying insurance coverage on a new vehicle can save you some money because new model year vehicles have to meet stringent safety requirements.
- First Accident Forgiveness – This isn’t a discount exactly, but companies like Liberty Mutual and GEICO will let one accident slide without raising rates if you have no claims for a particular time prior to the accident.
- Discounts for Multiple Vehicles – Buying coverage for multiple cars or trucks on a single policy can get a discount on all vehicles.
- Discount for Home Ownership – Just owning your own home can help you save on insurance because owning a home is proof that your finances are in order.
- Anti-theft System – Anti-theft and alarm system equipped vehicles have a lower chance of being stolen and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
You can save money using discounts, but some of the credits will not apply to the whole policy. The majority will only reduce individual premiums such as comp or med pay. Just because it seems like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, companies don’t profit that way.
A few of the larger companies and a partial list of their discounts are:
- State Farm has discounts for good driver, defensive driving training, driver’s education, passive restraint, Steer Clear safe driver discount, safe vehicle, and good student.
- GEICO offers discounts for membership and employees, defensive driver, five-year accident-free, good student, daytime running lights, anti-theft, and anti-lock brakes.
- Progressive discounts include good student, multi-vehicle, online quote discount, homeowner, multi-policy, online signing, and continuous coverage.
- 21st Century offers premium reductions for homeowners, student driver, early bird, 55 and older, theft prevention, and defensive driver.
- American Family offers discounts including good student, defensive driver, mySafetyValet, good driver, Steer into Savings, early bird, and bundled insurance.
- The Hartford policyholders can earn discounts including vehicle fuel type, defensive driver, driver training, bundle, and air bag.
- AAA includes discounts for anti-theft, good student, multi-policy, multi-car, and AAA membership discount.
If you need low cost Fort Wayne auto insurance quotes, ask each insurance company which discounts can lower your rates. Depending on the company, some discounts may not apply in your state. If you would like to choose from a list of providers who offer free Fiat 124 Spider insurance quotes in Indiana, click here to view.
Exclusive versus independent insurance agents
Many drivers still like to visit with an insurance agent and that can be a great decision An additional benefit of getting free rate quotes online is the fact that drivers can get cheaper premium rates and still have a local agent.
After completing this quick form, your information is emailed to participating agents in Fort Wayne that give free quotes for your business. There is no reason to leave your computer due to the fact that quote results will go to your email. You can find the lowest rates without having to waste a lot of time. If you want to compare prices from one company in particular, you would need to search and find their rate quote page and complete a quote there.
Finding a good company is decision based upon more than just a low price. Any agent in Fort Wayne should be willing to answer these questions.
- Where would your vehicle be repaired?
- Can they help ensure a fair claim settlement?
- How much training do they have in personal risk management?
- Do they have advanced training designations such as CPCU, AAI, AIC, or CIC?
- Is auto insurance their primary focus in Fort Wayne?
- Where are claims handled?
Exclusive agents vs. Independent agents
When researching local Fort Wayne agents, you need to know there are two types of agencies and how they operate. Car insurance agents can either be exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments.
Exclusive agencies can only quote rates from one company and some examples include Farmers Insurance, State Farm, or Allstate. Exclusive agents are unable to provide other company’s prices so you need to shop around if the rates are high. Exclusive agents are trained well on sales techniques which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums.
Listed below is a short list of exclusive agencies in Fort Wayne that are able to give price quotes.
Kent Paul – State Farm Insurance Agent
1505 W Dupont Rd – Fort Wayne, IN 46825 – (260) 478-2222 – View Map
Agents in the independent channel are not locked into one company so they have the ability to put coverage amongst many companies depending on which coverage is best. To move your coverage to a new company, the business is moved internally and you won’t have to switch agencies.
When shopping rates, you definitely need to check rates from a few independent agents to maximize your price options.
Listed below is a short list of independent insurance agencies in Fort Wayne willing to provide rate quotes.
More comparisons equals affordable rates
We just covered a lot of ways to reduce Fiat 124 Spider insurance car insurance rates online in Fort Wayne. It’s most important to understand that the more rate comparisons you have, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. You may even find the biggest savings come from a smaller regional carrier. Some small companies may have significantly lower premium rates on certain market segments as compared to the big name companies such as State Farm and Allstate.
Cheap Fiat 124 Spider insurance in Fort Wayne is possible both online and from local insurance agents, and you need to price shop both in order to have the best chance of saving money. A few companies may not offer online quoting and usually these regional insurance providers work with independent insurance agencies.
Additional detailed information is located in the articles below:
- What Does No-Fault Insurance Cover? (Allstate)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for a Chevrolet Equinox in Fort Wayne? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Fort Wayne Auto Insurance for a Dodge Ram? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for Low Credit Scores in Fort Wayne? (FAQ)
- Insurance Losses by Make and Model (iihs.org)
- How Can I Save Money on Auto Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Dangers of fake or stolen airbags (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)