It’s easy to assume that insurance companies want to keep you from comparing rates. People who shop around for the cheapest rate will presumably switch auto insurance companies because they stand a good chance of finding a policy with more affordable rates. A recent auto insurance study revealed that drivers who regularly compared price quotes saved approximately $865 a year compared to other drivers who never shopped around for cheaper prices.
If finding the lowest price for Lexus GS 200t insurance in Fort Wayne is your ultimate objective, then having a grasp of how to shop and compare insurance can help you succeed in saving money.
Truthfully, the best way to find lower priced car insurance rates in Fort Wayne is to compare quotes once a year from insurance carriers that insure vehicles in Indiana. This can be done by following these guidelines.
- First, try to learn a little about the coverage provided by your policy and the changes you can make to drop your rates. Many factors that result in higher prices like getting speeding tickets and a low credit rating can be eliminated by making lifestyle changes or driving safer.
- Second, request rate estimates from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct and exclusive agents can only provide price estimates from a single company like Progressive or State Farm, while independent agents can give you price quotes from multiple companies. Click to view companies
- Third, compare the new quotes to the premium of your current policy to determine if switching companies saves money. If you find a better price, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Fourth, give notification to your agent or company of your intention to cancel your existing policy. Submit a signed application and payment to the new insurer. Once the application is submitted, keep your new proof of insurance certificate somewhere easily accessible.
One bit of advice is to make sure you’re comparing identical coverages on every quote request and and to get rates from as many companies as possible. This helps ensure a fair rate comparison and many rates to choose from.
Buying the cheapest car insurance in Fort Wayne can really be easy if you know what you’re doing. If you are paying for car insurance now, you stand a good chance to be able to reduce the price you pay using these techniques. Nevertheless, Indiana car owners can benefit by having an understanding of how big insurance companies sell online and take advantage of how the system works.
To find inexpensive Fort Wayne auto insurance quotes, there are several ways of comparing rates from all the different companies. The best method to find cheaper rates consists of shopping online.
When price shopping your coverage, comparing more rates from different companies helps locate more affordable insurance. Some insurance companies are not set up to provide online rate quotes, so it’s important to compare price quotes from them, too.
The companies shown below are ready to provide free rate quotes in Fort Wayne, IN. To get the best cheap auto insurance in IN, we recommend you compare several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Cut your insurance rates with discounts
Some companies don’t list their entire list of discounts in a way that’s easy to find, so below is a list both the well known and the more hidden discounts that may be available.
- Resident Student – Any of your kids who attend college more than 100 miles from Fort Wayne and leave their car at home may qualify for this discount.
- Senior Citizen Rates – If you qualify as a senior citizen, you may qualify for better insurance rates.
- Student Driver Training – Have your child take driver’s ed class as it can save substantially.
- Theft Deterrent Discount – Vehicles that have factory alarm systems and tracking devices prevent vehicle theft and will qualify for a discount on a Fort Wayne auto insurance quote.
- Home Ownership Discount – Just owning your own home may earn you a small savings because owning a home requires a higher level of personal finance.
- Life Insurance Discount – Companies who offer life insurance give a break if you buy life insurance from them.
- First Accident Forgiveness – Not necessarily a discount, but some companies like Allstate, Progressive, and GEICO will let one accident slide before raising your premiums so long as you are claim-free for a certain period of time.
- Discounts for Responsible Drivers – Drivers without accidents can save as much as half off their rates as compared to drivers with claims.
- Defensive Driver Discounts – Completing a safe driver course could possibly earn you a 5% discount depending on where you live.
A little disclaimer on discounts, some of the credits will not apply to your bottom line cost. Most only cut the price of certain insurance coverages like liability, collision or medical payments. So even though they make it sound like you could get a free insurance policy, you won’t be that lucky.
Large insurance companies and some of the discounts include:
- State Farm offers discounts including safe vehicle, student away at school, defensive driving training, multiple policy, and Steer Clear safe driver discount.
- Nationwide includes discounts for defensive driving, anti-theft, good student, family plan, business or organization, Farm Bureau membership, and accident-free.
- GEICO has discounts for anti-theft, emergency military deployment, military active duty, defensive driver, and membership and employees.
- AAA has savings for good student, multi-car, multi-policy, education and occupation, AAA membership discount, pay-in-full, and anti-theft.
- 21st Century may include discounts for good student, driver training, 55 and older, automatic seat belts, teen driver, student driver, and homeowners.
- The Hartford discounts include air bag, defensive driver, good student, bundle, vehicle fuel type, anti-theft, and driver training.
Before purchasing a policy, check with every prospective company which discounts you may be entitled to. A few discounts may not apply to policies in Fort Wayne.
Insurance does more than just protect your car
Even though it can be expensive, buying insurance may be mandatory for several reasons.
First, the majority of states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means the state requires a specific level of liability insurance coverage in order to license the vehicle. In Indiana these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if you have a lien on your Lexus GS 200t, almost every bank will have a requirement that you have comprehensive coverage to protect their interest in the vehicle. If you default on your policy, the bank may insure your Lexus at a more expensive rate and force you to pay a much higher amount than you were paying before.
Third, insurance preserves not only your Lexus GS 200t but also your financial assets. Insurance will pay for most medical and hospital costs for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. Liability coverage will also pay for a defense attorney if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of having insurance definitely exceed the price paid, particularly when you have a large claim. The average driver in Indiana overpays more than $830 a year so compare rates at every policy renewal to ensure rates are competitive.
Exclusive versus independent car insurance agents
Many drivers would prefer to have an agent’s advice and that is not a bad decision One of the great benefits of getting free rate quotes online is the fact that you can find the best rates but also keep your business local.
By using this simple form, your insurance coverage information is emailed to agents in your area who will give you quotes to get your business. It makes it easy because there is no need to search for any insurance agencies due to the fact that quote results will go to you instantly. You can find the lowest rates without the usual hassles of price shopping. If you want to compare prices from a specific car insurance provider, don’t hesitate to navigate to their website and fill out the quote form the provide.
Choosing the best insurer needs to be determined by more than just the bottom line cost. Get answers to these questions too.
- Are there any discounts for paying up front?
- Do they have advanced training designations such as CPCU, AAI, AIC, or CIC?
- Which members of your family are coverage by the policy?
- What company holds the largest book of business for them?
- Is insurance their full-time profession?
- Where would glass claims be handled in Fort Wayne?
- Is assistance available after office hours?
- Are claim adjusters local or do you have to take your car somewhere else?
Listed below is a list of car insurance companies in Fort Wayne willing to provide price quotes for Lexus GS 200t insurance in Fort Wayne.
- Allstate Insurance: Rolly Bhargava
4660 W Jefferson Blvd Ste 100 – Fort Wayne, IN 46804 – (260) 459-7673 – View Map
- Schultheis Agency Insurance
1910 St Joe Center Rd – Fort Wayne, IN 46825 – (260) 480-0208 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Merle K. Maples
3017 E State Blvd – Fort Wayne, IN 46805 – (260) 483-6583 – View Map
- Synergy Financial Group
9326 Coldwater Rd – Fort Wayne, IN 46825 – (260) 490-8822 – View Map