Everyone knows that car insurance companies don't want policyholders to shop around. Consumers who compare rates once a year will presumably switch companies because there are good odds of finding a cheaper policy. A recent survey discovered that people who compared rate quotes regularly saved approximately $860 a year as compared to drivers who never compared rates.
If finding the cheapest price for insurance in Fort Wayne is your ultimate objective, then having some insight into the best way to shop and compare insurance can make the process more efficient.
The best way to get affordable auto insurance rates in Fort Wayne is to start comparing rates regularly from companies that sell auto insurance in Indiana. You can compare rates by following these steps.
Step 1: Try to comprehend what is in your policy and the steps you can take to prevent expensive coverage. Many risk factors that increase rates like accidents, traffic violations, and a poor credit score can be controlled by being financially responsible and driving safely.
Step 2: Request rate estimates from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only give rate quotes from a single company like Progressive or State Farm, while independent agencies can provide price quotes for a wide range of companies.
Step 3: Compare the new rate quotes to your existing coverage to see if you can save by switching companies. If you find better rates and decide to switch, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
A good tip to remember is to try to compare similar deductibles and liability limits on each quote request and and to get price estimates from as many companies as possible. Doing this guarantees a fair price comparison and maximum price selection.
Best companies for Dodge Ram insurance
The companies shown below have been selected to offer free rate quotes in Fort Wayne, IN. To locate cheap auto insurance in Indiana, we suggest you visit as many as you can to find the most affordable car insurance rates.
Rates and data analysis
The data table displayed next outlines a range of insurance prices for Dodge Ram models. Being able to understand how rates are determined is important to be able to make informed decisions when shopping around for a new policy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Ram Quad Cab ST 2WD||$276||$358||$416||$24||$124||$1,198||$100|
|Ram Quad Cab TRX4 Off Road 2WD||$310||$436||$416||$24||$124||$1,310||$109|
|Ram Quad Cab SLT 2WD||$310||$436||$416||$24||$124||$1,310||$109|
|Ram Crew Cab ST 2WD||$310||$436||$416||$24||$124||$1,310||$109|
|Ram Quad Cab ST 4WD||$310||$436||$416||$24||$124||$1,310||$109|
|Ram Crew Cab SLT 2WD||$310||$436||$416||$24||$124||$1,310||$109|
|Ram Crew Cab TRX 2WD||$310||$436||$416||$24||$124||$1,310||$109|
|Ram Quad Cab SLT 4WD||$310||$436||$416||$24||$124||$1,310||$109|
|Ram Crew Cab ST 4WD||$310||$436||$416||$24||$124||$1,310||$109|
|Ram Crew Cab Sport 2WD||$346||$514||$416||$24||$124||$1,424||$119|
|Ram Quad Cab Sport 2WD||$346||$514||$416||$24||$124||$1,424||$119|
|Ram Quad Cab TRX4 Off Road 4WD||$346||$514||$416||$24||$124||$1,424||$119|
|Ram Crew Cab TRX 4WD||$346||$514||$416||$24||$124||$1,424||$119|
|Ram Crew Cab SLT 4WD||$346||$514||$416||$24||$124||$1,424||$119|
|Ram Quad Cab Laramie 2WD||$346||$514||$416||$24||$124||$1,424||$119|
|Ram Crew Cab Laramie 2WD||$346||$514||$416||$24||$124||$1,424||$119|
|Ram Crew Cab Sport 4WD||$346||$514||$416||$24||$124||$1,424||$119|
|Ram Quad Cab Sport 4WD||$346||$514||$416||$24||$124||$1,424||$119|
|Ram Crew Cab Laramie 4WD||$346||$592||$416||$24||$124||$1,502||$125|
|Ram Quad Cab Laramie 4WD||$346||$592||$416||$24||$124||$1,502||$125|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data based on single male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Indiana minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, homeowner, multi-policy, safe-driver, and multi-vehicle. Premium costs do not factor in vehicle garaging location which can affect coverage prices noticeably.
Age, gender, and Dodge Ram insurance
The example below compares Dodge Ram insurance rates for male and female drivers. The price estimates are based on no claims or driving violations, comp and collision included, $250 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no policy discounts are applied.
Save with these discounts
Companies that sell car insurance do not list all available discounts in an easy-to-find place, so we researched a few of the more common and also the lesser-known credits that may apply to you.
- Auto/Life Discount - Select companies reward you with a break if you buy some life insurance too.
- Student in College - Kids who live away from home at college and do not have access to a covered vehicle can receive lower rates.
- Federal Government Employee - Active or former government employment could cut as much as 10% off but check with your company.
- Military Rewards - Being deployed in the military could be rewarded with lower rates.
- Early Signing - A few larger companies allow discounts for buying a policy prior to the expiration date on your current Ram insurance policy. You could save around 10% when you buy Fort Wayne auto insurance online.
- Full Payment Discount - If you pay your entire premium ahead of time as opposed to paying monthly you can actually save on your bill.
- Professional Organizations - Having an affiliation with a professional or civic organization is a simple method to lower premiums when getting a Fort Wayne auto insurance quote.
- Low Mileage - Driving fewer miles can qualify you for lower rates on the low mileage vehicles.
- Anti-lock Brake Discount - Anti-lock brake equipped vehicles are safer to drive and will save you 10% or more on Ram insurance in Fort Wayne.
- No Claim Discounts - Insureds with no claims or accidents pay much less compared to frequent claim filers.
As a footnote on discounts, some credits don't apply to the overall cost of the policy. Some only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as comprehensive or collision. So even though it sounds like adding up those discounts means a free policy, it doesn't quite work that way.
The chart below shows the difference between Dodge Ram auto insurance costs with and without some available policy discounts. The premiums are based on a female driver, no claims or driving citations, Indiana state minimum liability limits, full physical damage coverage, and $500 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with claim-free, multi-policy, safe-driver, homeowner, marriage, and multi-car discounts applied.
A few popular companies and their offered discounts are outlined below.
- Farm Bureau offers discounts including renewal discount, safe driver, multi-policy, driver training, 55 and retired, multi-vehicle, and youthful driver.
- MetLife has savings for multi-policy, good student, defensive driver, claim-free, and accident-free.
- Progressive may have discounts that include online quote discount, good student, online signing, homeowner, multi-policy, and continuous coverage.
- AAA offers discounts for multi-car, good student, education and occupation, good driver, pay-in-full, and multi-policy.
- American Family may offer discounts for good student, good driver, defensive driver, TimeAway discount, and mySafetyValet.
- GEICO offers premium reductions for five-year accident-free, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, federal employee, air bags, and anti-theft.
- State Farm has discounts for Steer Clear safe driver discount, student away at school, anti-theft, driver's education, passive restraint, multiple policy, and accident-free.
If you need lower rates, check with each insurance company what discounts are available to you. A few discounts may not be available in your area. To see a list of companies that offer discounts in Fort Wayne, click here.
Neighborhood Fort Wayne auto insurance agents
A lot of people would rather get professional advice from a licensed agent and doing so can bring peace of mind Most agents are trained to spot inefficiencies and help submit paperwork. One of the best bonuses of comparing rate quotes online is the fact that drivers can get cheap rate quotes but also keep your business local.
By using this short form, the coverage information is immediately sent to agents in your area that give free quotes for your coverage. It's much easier because you don't need to leave your house since price quotes are sent immediately to you. In the event you want to quote rates from a specific company, don't hesitate to visit that company's website and give them your coverage information.
Choosing a provider requires more thought than just a low price. These are some valid questions you should ask.
- If you raise deductibles, how much can you save?
- Is coverage determined by price?
- Did they already check your driving record and credit reports?
- Does the agency provide any after hours assistance?
- In the event of vehicle damage, can you pick the collision repair facility?
- Will their companies depreciate repairs to your car based on the mileage?
What type of Fort Wayne auto insurance agent is right for you?
If you want to buy auto insurance from a reputable agency, it's helpful to know the types of insurance agents and how they can write your policy. Auto insurance agents can be described as either exclusive or independent. Either one can sell affordable auto insurance policies, but it's worth learning the difference between them because it may have an impact on the type of agent you choose.
Agents that choose to be exclusive normally can only provide a single company's rates like Allstate, State Farm and Farmers Insurance. They generally cannot provide other company's prices so if the price isn't competitive there isn't much they can do. Exclusive agencies are usually well trained in insurance sales which helps them sell on service rather than price. Consumers frequently purchase coverage from exclusives primarily because of the brand and the convenience of having a single billing for all their coverages.
Shown below are Fort Wayne exclusive insurance agents that are able to give price quote information.
- Allstate Insurance: Steven Westrick
8938 Lima Rd Suite R - Fort Wayne, IN 46818 - (260) 489-3977 - View Map
- Larry Ice II - State Farm Insurance Agent
6221 Maplecrest Rd - Fort Wayne, IN 46835 - (260) 484-8572 - View Map
- Connie Stickler - State Farm Insurance Agent
7105 Old Trail Rd - Fort Wayne, IN 46809 - (260) 747-2626 - View Map
Independent Auto Insurance Agencies
Agents that elect to be independent often have many company appointments so they can write business with any number of different companies depending on which coverage is best. If you want to switch companies, they simply move the coverage in-house and that require little work on your part.
If you are trying to find cheaper rates, you should always get insurance quotes from independent agents in order to compare the most rates. They also have the ability to place coverage with smaller companies that may have much lower rates than larger companies.
Shown below is a list of independent agents in Fort Wayne that are able to give rate quotes.
- Schultheis Agency Insurance
1910 St Joe Center Rd - Fort Wayne, IN 46825 - (260) 480-0208 - View Map
- STAR Insurance Agency
2130 E Dupont Rd - Fort Wayne, IN 46825 - (260) 467-5690 - View Map
- Real Estate Agents Health Insurance Direct
8411 Clinton Park Dr - Fort Wayne, IN 46825 - (855) 343-7344 - View Map
After getting good feedback to any questions you may have in addition to an acceptable price estimate, chances are good that you have found an insurance agent that can be trusted to insure your vehicles. But keep in mind you are able to cancel your coverage whenever you choose to so never assume you are locked into the auto insurance policy for the full term.
Quote more and you will save more
Cost effective Dodge Ram insurance can be found both online in addition to local insurance agencies, so you should be comparing quotes from both to have the best rate selection. Some insurance companies may not provide online rate quotes and usually these regional carriers only sell coverage through local independent agencies.
Throughout this article, we presented some good ideas how you can find affordable Dodge Ram insurance in Fort Wayne. It's most important to understand that the more quotes you get, the higher your chance of finding affordable Fort Wayne auto insurance quotes. Drivers may even discover the best prices are with a lesser-known regional company.
Drivers leave their current company for any number of reasons including lack of trust in their agent, unfair underwriting practices, an unsatisfactory settlement offer and poor customer service. Regardless of your reason, switching companies can be easier than you think.
For more information, feel free to browse the articles below:
- Car Insurance for Teen Drivers with Divorced Parents (Allstate)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Quotes for Unemployed Drivers in Fort Wayne? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Handicapped Drivers in Fort Wayne? (FAQ)
- Front crash protection reduces rear-end crashes (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- What Does No-Fault Insurance Cover? (Allstate)
- Where can I buy Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Learn About Car Insurance (GEICO)