No one is fond of buying auto insurance, especially when the prices are way too high.
A recent auto insurance study revealed that the vast majority of auto insurance customers kept their policy with the same company for at least four years, and about 40% of consumers have never compared quotes from other companies. Fort Wayne drivers could save almost $700 each year, but most tend to underestimate the actual amount they would save if they switched.
Steps to buying low-cost Kia Niro insurance in Fort Wayne
To save the most money, the best way to find more affordable car insurance rates is to start comparing prices regularly from insurance carriers who can sell car insurance in Fort Wayne.
- First, try to learn a little about how your policy works and the changes you can make to prevent expensive coverage. Many risk factors that drive up the price such as traffic tickets, fender benders, and bad credit can be controlled by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility.
- Second, compare price quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only provide price estimates from a single company like GEICO or State Farm, while agents who are independent can provide prices for many different companies.
- Third, compare the new rate quotes to your current policy premium to see if switching to a new carrier will save money. If you find a lower rate and switch companies, ensure there is no coverage lapse between policies.
- Fourth, provide written notification to your current company to cancel your current car insurance policy. Submit a down payment and signed policy application to the new insurer. As soon as you can, keep the new proof of insurance paperwork somewhere easily accessible.
One bit of advice is to use identical coverages on every quote and and to get rate quotes from as many different insurance providers as possible. This enables the most accurate price comparison and a complete rate analysis.
Since you have so many auto insurance companies to choose from, it can be difficult for drivers to find the best company.
Buying the cheapest insurance in Fort Wayne is actually quite simple. If you are insured now or want to find a cheaper company, you can learn to lower your rates and possibly find even better coverage. Vehicle owners only have to learn how to get comparison quotes from many companies at once.
Low Cost auto insurance in Fort Wayne, IN
The companies in the list below offer quotes in Indiana. If your goal is to find cheap auto insurance in IN, we suggest you visit several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Discount Fort Wayne auto insurance rates
Some providers don’t always list all discounts very clearly, so the below list has some of the best known and the more hidden credits that may apply to you.
- Accident-Free Discounts – Fort Wayne drivers who stay claim-free are rewarded with significantly better rates on Fort Wayne auto insurance quote in comparison with bad drivers.
- Pay Now and Pay Less – By making one initial payment instead of paying each month you may have a lower total premium amount.
- Own a Home and Save – Owning your own home or condo can save a few bucks because owning a home requires personal responsibility.
- Theft Deterrent Discount – Vehicles with anti-theft systems help deter theft and earn discounts up to 10% off your Fort Wayne auto insurance quote.
- Discounts for New Vehicles – Buying a new car instead of a used Niro can save you some money since newer vehicles have better safety ratings.
- Early Switch Discount – Some larger companies provide a discount for buying a new policy before your current coverage expires. The savings is around 10%.
Discounts lower rates, but most of the big mark downs will not be given to the entire cost. Most cut specific coverage prices like collision or personal injury protection. So despite the fact that it appears it’s possible to get free car insurance, it just doesn’t work that way. Any amount of discount will help lower the amount you pay for coverage.
To choose companies with significant discounts in Indiana, click here.
Insurance is unique, just like you
Always keep in mind that when comparing proper insurance coverage, there really isn’t a cookie cutter policy. Every insured’s situation is different so your insurance needs to address that.
For instance, these questions could help you determine whether you will benefit from professional help.
- If I drive on a suspended license am I covered?
- Can my babysitter drive my car?
- Does insurance cover tools stolen from my truck?
- Does my insurance cover damage caused when ticketed for reckless driving?
- Is a blown tire covered by insurance?
- What is PIP insurance?
- Is rental equipment covered for theft or damage?
If you can’t answer these questions, you may need to chat with a licensed insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, complete this form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area. It’s fast, free and you can get the answers you need.
Compare rate quotes but buy from a local Fort Wayne insurance agency
Some consumers just prefer to talk to an insurance agent and that is a smart decision Professional agents can answer important questions and give you someone to call. One of the best bonuses of getting online price quotes is that you can find cheap insurance rates and still have an agent to talk to.
For easy comparison, once you complete this short form, your insurance data is submitted to insurance agents in Fort Wayne who will gladly provide quotes for your insurance coverage. You never need to search for an agent because prices are sent to the email address you provide. If you want to get a comparison quote from a specific insurance company, you can always navigate to their website and submit a quote form there.
Choosing a company is decision based upon more than just the quoted price. Below are some questions you should ask.
- How much training do they have in personal risk management?
- Does the agent have a valid license to sell insurance in Indiana?
- Do you qualify for any additional discounts?
- How are they compensated?
- Can you get a list of referrals?
- If you have an accident, are you able to get your vehicle repaired at the shop of your choice?
- How does the company pay claims for a total loss?
- What is the financial rating for the quoted company?
When finding a reliable agent, you need to know there are two different types of agents to choose from. Agents in Fort Wayne may be either independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for. Either type can provide insurance policies, but it’s worth learning the difference between them because it may have an impact on buying decisions.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Agents of this type work for only one company such as State Farm, AAA, Farmers Insurance or Allstate. These agents are not able to provide prices from multiple companies so they have to upsell other benefits. Exclusive insurance agents are well schooled on what they offer which aids in selling service over price.
Listed below are exclusive insurance agencies in Fort Wayne who may provide you with price quotes.
These agents are not locked into one company so they can quote policies through many companies depending on which coverage is best. If they find a lower price, they simply switch companies in-house which is easy for the insured.
When comparing insurance rates, you definitely need to compare prices from independent agents to get the most accurate price comparison.
Below are independent agents in Fort Wayne willing to provide price quote information.
After receiving acceptable answers in addition to an acceptable price estimate, chances are good that you have found an insurance agency that can provide insurance coverage. But keep in mind you can terminate coverage whenever you wish so don’t feel you are locked into a policy for the entire policy term.
Learning about specific coverages of a insurance policy can help you determine which coverages you need and the correct deductibles and limits. The terms used in a policy can be ambiguous and nobody wants to actually read their policy. Listed below are typical coverages found on most insurance policies.
This coverage pays for damage from a wide range of events other than collision. You need to pay your deductible first and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive insurance covers things like hitting a bird, damage from flooding, theft, a broken windshield and damage from getting keyed. The most you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the market value of your vehicle, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value consider removing comprehensive coverage.
Med pay and Personal Injury Protection (PIP)
Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage reimburse you for short-term medical expenses like dental work, doctor visits, X-ray expenses, nursing services and hospital visits. They can be used to cover expenses not covered by your health insurance policy or if you lack health insurance entirely. Medical payments and PIP cover all vehicle occupants and will also cover any family member struck as a pedestrian. PIP coverage is not universally available but can be used in place of medical payments coverage
Coverage for liability
Liability coverage provides protection from injuries or damage you cause to other people or property that is your fault. Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. As an example, you may have limits of 25/50/10 which means $25,000 bodily injury coverage, a total of $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and a total limit of $10,000 for damage to vehicles and property.
Liability coverage pays for claims like repair bills for other people’s vehicles, emergency aid and loss of income. How much liability coverage do you need? That is a decision to put some thought into, but buy higher limits if possible. Indiana requires drivers to carry at least 25/50/10 but it’s recommended drivers buy more liability than the minimum.
The illustration below shows why low liability limits may not be adequate coverage.
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist (UM/UIM)
This provides protection from other drivers when they either have no liability insurance or not enough. It can pay for injuries sustained by your vehicle’s occupants as well as damage to your Kia Niro.
Since many Indiana drivers only purchase the least amount of liability that is required (which is 25/50/10), their limits can quickly be used up. So UM/UIM coverage is very important.
Coverage for collisions
Collision insurance pays to fix your vehicle from damage resulting from colliding with a stationary object or other vehicle. You have to pay a deductible and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision coverage pays for things such as colliding with another moving vehicle, scraping a guard rail, damaging your car on a curb and hitting a mailbox. This coverage can be expensive, so you might think about dropping it from lower value vehicles. Another option is to bump up the deductible on your Niro to bring the cost down.
Auto insurance company ratings
Finding a highly-rated insurer can be challenging considering how many companies provide coverage in Fort Wayne. The company information in the next section can help you analyze which car insurance providers you want to consider comparing rate quotes with.
Top 10 Fort Wayne Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Service
- State Farm
- Safeco Insurance
- American Family
- Titan Insurance
- Liberty Mutual
- Erie Insurance
Top 10 Fort Wayne Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Claims Service
- Liberty Mutual
- AAA Insurance
- Safeco Insurance
- The General
Find affordable car insurance prices by comparing often
As you prepare to switch companies, never buy poor coverage just to save money. There are a lot of situations where drivers have reduced liability limits or collision coverage only to regret that it was a big mistake. The aim is to purchase a proper amount of coverage at the best price but still have enough coverage for asset protection.
Budget-conscious Kia Niro insurance is possible on the web in addition to local insurance agencies, and you should compare rates from both to have the best chance of lowering rates. Some insurance providers may not offer price quotes online and many times these regional carriers provide coverage only through independent agencies.
Steps to quoting cheaper Kia Niro insurance in Fort Wayne
If you want to find the absolute lowest rates, then the best way to find the cheapest price for Kia Niro insurance in Fort Wayne is to compare prices at least once a year from providers who provide auto insurance in Indiana. You can shop around by following these steps.
- Step 1: Try to comprehend how your policy works and the steps you can take to prevent expensive coverage. Many policy risk factors that cause high rates like accidents, careless driving, and a less-than-favorable credit history can be rectified by being financially responsible and driving safely.
- Step 2: Get rate quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only quote rates from one company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while agents who are independent can give you price quotes for a wide range of insurance providers. View insurance agents
- Step 3: Compare the quotes to your current policy premium to see if a cheaper rate is available. If you can save some money, ensure there is no coverage lapse between policies.
- Step 4: Tell your current agent or company to cancel the current policy and submit the application along with any required down payment to the new company. When you receive it, store the certificate verifying coverage along with the vehicle’s registration papers.
A valuable tip to remember is to try to compare identical deductibles and limits on every quote request and and to look at as many different insurance providers as possible. This provides a level playing field and a thorough price selection.
To read more, link through to these articles:
- Auto Insurance 101 (About.com)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Quotes After a Speeding Ticket in Fort Wayne? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Fort Wayne Car Insurance Quotes for a Mazda CX-7? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Rates for Police Officers in Fort Wayne? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Fort Wayne Car Insurance for a Honda Civic? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Rates for Drivers Over Age 60 in Fort Wayne? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for Low Credit Scores in Fort Wayne? (FAQ)
- Honda warning system reduces insurance claims (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Keeping Children Safe in Crashes Video (iihs.org)