The recommended way to get discount auto insurance rates in Fort Wayne is to do a yearly price comparison from insurers who provide auto insurance in Indiana. Prices can be compared by following these guidelines.
- Read about car insurance and the changes you can make to prevent expensive coverage. Many rating factors that drive up the price like multiple speeding tickets and a low credit score can be remedied by making minor changes to your lifestyle. This article provides additional tips to get low prices and find more discounts that you may not know about.
- Quote rates from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive and direct companies can only provide price estimates from one company like GEICO or Allstate, while independent agencies can quote prices from many different companies.
- Compare the new rate quotes to your existing rates and see if you can save money. If you find a better price and change companies, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Tell your current company to cancel your current auto insurance policy. Submit a down payment along with a completed application for your new coverage. As soon as you receive it, safely store the proof of insurance certificate in your glove compartment.
The key thing to remember is to make sure you’re comparing identical deductibles and limits on every price quote and and to get rate quotes from all possible companies. This helps ensure a fair rate comparison and maximum price selection.
It’s hard to believe, but about 70% of customers have remained with the same auto insurance company for more than four years, and just under half have never shopped around. Consumers in Fort Wayne could save an average of almost $700 each year by just shopping around, but they mistakenly think it’s difficult to compare rate quotes.
The companies shown below can provide price quotes in Indiana. If you want to find cheap car insurance in Fort Wayne, we suggest you click on several of them to get the best price comparison.
Insurance is not optional
Even though it can be expensive, insurance may be mandatory for several reasons.
- Just about all states have mandatory insurance requirements which means you are required to buy specific minimum amounts of liability insurance coverage in order to drive the car. In Indiana these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your vehicle has a lienholder, most lenders will make it mandatory that you have comprehensive coverage to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the bank may buy a policy for your Hummer at a significantly higher premium and require you to reimburse them for it.
- Insurance preserves both your vehicle and your assets. It will also cover many types of medical costs incurred in an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, also pays for attorney fees and expenses if you cause an accident and are sued. If your Hummer gets damaged, your policy will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of having insurance greatly outweigh the cost, particularly if you ever have a claim. As of last year, the average driver in Indiana is currently overpaying as much as $869 every year so we recommend shopping around once a year at a minimum to save money.
Hummer H2 insurance discounts in Fort Wayne
Companies don’t necessarily list every discount in an easy-to-find place, so we took the time to find a few of the more common and the more hidden discounts that may be available.
- Defensive Driving Course – Completing a defensive driving course could cut 5% off your bill if you qualify.
- College Student Discount – Youth drivers who are attending college and do not take a car to college may be insured at a cheaper rate.
- Paperless Signup – Many insurance companies will discount your bill up to fifty bucks just for signing your application online.
- Claim-Free Discount – Insureds who avoid accidents and claims can save substantially as opposed to drivers with a long claim history.
- Employee of Federal Government – Active or former government employment could provide a small rate reduction but check with your company.
- Anti-lock Brake System – Vehicles that have anti-lock braking systems have fewer accidents and the ABS can save up to 10%.
- Save with More Vehicles Insured – Having primary and secondary vehicles on the same car insurance policy qualifies for this discount.
- Theft Deterrent Discount – Vehicles that have factory alarm systems and tracking devices are stolen with less frequency so companies will give you a small discount.
We need to note that most discounts do not apply to all coverage premiums. Most only cut the price of certain insurance coverages like physical damage coverage or medical payments. Just because it seems like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, it doesn’t quite work that way.
A list of car insurance companies and some of the discounts are shown below.
- State Farm offers premium reductions for multiple policy, driver’s education, Steer Clear safe driver discount, good student, Drive Safe & Save, safe vehicle, and good driver.
- Progressive may offer discounts for online signing, continuous coverage, multi-vehicle, online quote discount, and homeowner.
- Travelers discounts include save driver, IntelliDrive, hybrid/electric vehicle, continuous insurance, early quote, driver training, and home ownership.
- American Family includes discounts for accident-free, good driver, air bags, bundled insurance, good student, and TimeAway discount.
- Liberty Mutual has discounts for multi-policy, preferred payment discount, multi-car, newly retired, exclusive group savings, teen driver discount, and good student.
When getting free Fort Wayne car insurance quotes, it’s a good idea to every company which discounts can lower your rates. Savings might not be offered on policies in your area. To view insurers that offer multiple discounts in Fort Wayne, click this link.
Do I just need basic coverages?
Keep in mind that when it comes to choosing proper insurance coverage, there really is no single plan that fits everyone. Everyone’s situation is unique and your insurance should unique, too.
Here are some questions about coverages that could help you determine whether you would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- What is high-risk coverage and where do I buy it?
- How do I file an SR-22 for a DUI in Indiana?
- What if I don’t agree with a claim settlement offer?
- Is my trailer covered?
- Is pleasure use cheaper than using my Hummer H2 to commute?
- Are rock chip repairs covered?
- Should I bundle my homeowners policy with my auto?
If you’re not sure about those questions but you know they apply to you, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area. It only takes a few minutes and can help protect your family.
Which auto insurance company is best in Fort Wayne?
Buying coverage from a good quality car insurance provider can be a challenge considering how many companies are available to choose from in Fort Wayne. The company rank data below could help you choose which providers to look at when shopping your coverage around.
Top 10 Fort Wayne Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Claims Service
- Liberty Mutual
- AAA Insurance
- Safeco Insurance
- The General
Top 10 Fort Wayne Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Satisfaction
- USAA – 92%
- Erie Insurance – 88%
- American Family – 88%
- State Farm – 88%
- Nationwide – 88%
- 21st Century – 88%
- AAA Insurance – 87%
- Liberty Mutual – 87%
- Farmers Insurance – 87%
- The Hartford – 87%