If saving money is your primary concern, then the best way to get low-cost Honda HR-V insurance in Fort Wayne is to begin comparing prices regularly from companies who sell insurance in Indiana. You can shop around by completing these steps.
- First, gain an understanding of how auto insurance works and the steps you can take to prevent expensive coverage. Many rating criteria that cause high rates such as traffic citations and an imperfect credit score can be controlled by being financially responsible and driving safely.
- Second, request rate estimates from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct and exclusive agents can only give prices from a single company like Progressive or State Farm, while independent agencies can quote prices for a wide range of companies.
- Third, compare the new rate quotes to your existing rates and determine if there is any savings. If you find a lower rate and switch companies, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
One bit of advice is to try to compare the same deductibles and limits on each quote and and to compare as many companies as feasibly possible. Doing this ensures a fair price comparison and and a good selection of different prices.
Anyone knows that auto insurance companies don’t want you comparing rates. People who get comparison quotes once a year will presumably move their business because there is a great chance of finding a more affordable policy premium. Surprisingly, a recent survey revealed that drivers who shopped around annually saved an average of $3,450 over four years as compared to drivers who don’t make a habit of comparing rates.
If finding the cheapest rates on insurance in Fort Wayne is the reason you’re here, then having some knowledge of how to find companies and compare insurance premiums can help simplify the task of finding more affordable coverage.
If you have coverage now, you should be able to lower your rates using these techniques. The goal of this article is to help educate you on how car insurance companies work and how you can save the most money. Although Indiana vehicle owners must learn how companies set your policy premium because rates are impacted by many factors.
The quickest method we recommend to compare insurance rates from multiple companies is to understand most larger insurance companies participate in online systems to give you rate quotes. The one thing you need to do is provide details including coverage limits, your job, your education level, and whether you are single or married. The rating information is automatically sent to multiple different insurance companies and you get price estimates instantly to find the best rate.
To start a rate quote now, click here and complete the quick form.
The following companies can provide free rate quotes in Fort Wayne, IN. To locate cheaper auto insurance in Indiana, we recommend you click on several of them in order to find the lowest rates.
Auto insurance protects more than just your car
Despite the high insurance cost for a Honda HR-V in Fort Wayne, insuring your vehicle is most likely required but also gives you several important benefits.
First, the majority of states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means the state requires specific limits of liability in order to be legal. In Indiana these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if you took out a loan on your Honda HR-V, more than likely the lender will make it a condition of the loan that you buy full coverage to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If you do not keep the policy in force, the bank may insure your Honda at a much higher rate and require you to fork over a much higher amount than you were paying before.
Third, auto insurance protects not only your Honda but also your financial assets. It will also reimburse you for many types of medical costs for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, will also pay for a defense attorney in the event you are sued. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, collision and comprehensive coverages will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of having insurance more than cancel out the cost, particularly for liability claims. But the average driver in Indiana is wasting up to $810 a year so shop around each time the policy renews to save money.
Discounts for affordable auto insurance quotes
Companies that sell car insurance don’t always list the complete list of policy discounts in an easy-to-find place, so the list below contains both well-publicized as well as the least known discounts that you may qualify for.
- Cautious Driver Discounts – Insureds without accidents may receive a discount up to 45% as compared to drivers with claims.
- Driver Safety – Taking time to complete a course that instructs on driving safety could possibly earn you a 5% discount and also improve your driving technique.
- Driving Data Discount – Drivers who elect to allow their company to study driving habits by using a telematic data system such as Progressive’s Snapshot and State Farm’s In-Drive may get a rate reduction if they exhibit good driving behavior.
- Homeowners Savings – Owning a house in Fort Wayne can get you a discount because maintaining a house requires a higher level of personal finance.
- Switch and Save Discount – Some companies reward drivers for buying a new policy prior to your current HR-V insurance policy expiration. It’s a savings of about 10%.
It’s important to understand that most discounts do not apply to the entire cost. Most only apply to individual premiums such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. Just because it seems like it’s possible to get free car insurance, nobody gets a free ride.
Companies and a summarized list of policyholder discounts include:
- State Farm offers premium reductions for passive restraint, Drive Safe & Save, safe vehicle, anti-theft, and good student.
- GEICO has savings for good student, federal employee, five-year accident-free, air bags, seat belt use, and membership and employees.
- Progressive has discounts for multi-policy, good student, continuous coverage, online quote discount, homeowner, online signing, and multi-vehicle.
- 21st Century includes discounts for air bags, theft prevention, student driver, anti-lock brakes, homeowners, teen driver, and early bird.
- American Family may include discounts for TimeAway discount, defensive driver, Steer into Savings, good student, mySafetyValet, good driver, and multi-vehicle.
- The Hartford offers discounts including good student, vehicle fuel type, driver training, air bag, anti-theft, bundle, and defensive driver.
- AAA offers discounts for anti-theft, AAA membership discount, good driver, good student, education and occupation, pay-in-full, and multi-policy.
If you need affordable Honda HR-V insurance quotes, ask every prospective company which discounts they offer. Some discounts listed above might not be available to policyholders in Fort Wayne.
When should I talk to an agent?
A lot of people prefer to go talk to an agent and that is a personal choice. One of the benefits of comparing rates online is you can get lower rates and still buy from a local agent.
After completing this short form, your insurance data is instantly submitted to local insurance agents who will give you quotes for your business. There is no need to contact an agency due to the fact that quote results will go straight to your inbox. You can get cheaper car insurance rates without a big time investment. If you need to compare prices from a particular provider, don’t hesitate to navigate to their website and give them your coverage information.
Picking a insurance company requires you to look at more than just a cheap price quote. Here are some questions to ask:
- Are they actively involved in the community?
- Are they involved in claim handling?
- Which members of your family are coverage by the policy?
- How would your car be valued if totaled?
- Do they offer claims assistance after hours?
- Will you work with the agent or an assistant?
- What insurance companies do they work with in Fort Wayne?
- How much experience to they have in personal lines coverages?
Car insurance agents in Fort Wayne come in two varieties
When researching a good Fort Wayne insurance agent, you should know the different agency structures and how they function. Agencies in Fort Wayne are classified as either exclusive or independent (non-exclusive).
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Agents that choose to be exclusive can usually just insure with one company such as State Farm, Allstate, and Farm Bureau. These agents are not able to provide prices from multiple companies so they have no alternatives for high prices. Exclusive agents receive a lot of sales training in insurance sales which aids in selling service over price. Some people will only use the same agent mainly due to the prominent brand name rather than low price.
Shown below are Fort Wayne exclusive agencies willing to provide comparison quotes.
- Allstate Insurance: Justin Harkelroad
8812 Coldwater Rd – Fort Wayne, IN 46825 – (260) 489-0156 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Merle K. Maples
3017 E State Blvd – Fort Wayne, IN 46805 – (260) 483-6583 – View Map
- Melissa Satterthwaite – State Farm Insurance Agent
7757 Coldwater Rd – Fort Wayne, IN 46825 – (260) 489-5503 – View Map
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Agents of this type often have many company appointments so they can quote policies through many different car insurance companies and get you the best rates possible. If premiums increase, they simply switch companies in-house without you having to go to a different agency.
When comparing rates, we highly recommend that you include price quotes from multiple independent agents to maximize your price options. A lot of them also have access to small regional insurance companies that can offer cheaper rates than bigger companies.
Below is a short list of independent agents in Fort Wayne willing to provide comparison quotes.
- Hoch Insurance Inc
209 E Washington Center Rd – Fort Wayne, IN 46825 – (260) 471-7555 – View Map
- Synergy Financial Group
9326 Coldwater Rd – Fort Wayne, IN 46825 – (260) 490-8822 – View Map
- G A MacDonald Associates
2200 Lake Ave #120 – Fort Wayne, IN 46805 – (260) 422-5377 – View Map
Shop smart and save
Cheaper car insurance in Fort Wayne is available online and from local agencies, and you should compare price quotes from both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. Some car insurance companies may not have the ability to get a quote online and usually these smaller providers sell through independent insurance agencies.
Drivers leave their current company for a number of reasons such as policy non-renewal, delays in paying claims, being labeled a high risk driver or unfair underwriting practices. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, choosing a new insurance company is easier than you think.
As you quote Fort Wayne car insurance, it’s not a good idea to reduce coverage to reduce premium. There are many occasions where an insured dropped uninsured motorist or liability limits only to regret that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. Your aim should be to purchase plenty of coverage for the lowest price and still be able to protect your assets.
Additional detailed information can be found in these articles:
- Older Driver Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- How Much are Fort Wayne Car Insurance Quotes for a 20 Year Old Female? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Quotes for Homeowners in Fort Wayne? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Teenagers in Fort Wayne? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Fort Wayne Auto Insurance for a Dodge Ram? (FAQ)
- Understanding your Policy (NAIC.org)
- Insuring a Leased Car (Insurance Information Institute)
- Comprehensive Coverage (Liberty Mutual)