The best way we recommend to find better pricing on Saturn VUE insurance is to start comparing prices yearly from providers in Fort Wayne. This can be done by following these guidelines.
- Get a basic knowledge of how insurance companies determine prices and the steps you can take to prevent rate increases. Many things that drive up the price such as at-fault accidents and a low credit rating can be amended by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility.
- Obtain price quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only give rate quotes from a single company like Progressive and State Farm, while independent agents can quote rates for a wide range of companies.
- Compare the quotes to your existing coverage and see if there is a cheaper rate in Fort Wayne. If you find a better price and decide to switch, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
An important bit of advice to remember is to try to use identical limits and deductibles on every price quote and and to get rates from as many different companies as possible. This guarantees an apples-to-apples comparison and maximum price selection.
Surprisingly, a recent survey revealed that the vast majority of drivers have bought insurance from the same company for four years or more, and 38% of drivers have never even compared quotes to find cheap rates. Consumers in the United States can save as much as $850 each year, but they just assume it takes a lot of time to find cheap rates by getting comparison quotes.
Keep in mind that obtaining a wide range of quotes provides better odds of finding a lower rate than you’re paying now. Not every company provides price estimates online, so it’s necessary to compare price estimates from those companies as well.
The companies shown below provide free quotes in Fort Wayne, IN. To buy cheap auto insurance in Indiana, we recommend you compare several of them to get the lowest price.
Insurance coverage analysis
The coverage information shown below showcases a range of insurance prices for Saturn VUE models. Learning how prices are determined is important to be able to make informed decisions when comparing rate quotes.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Vue XE 2WD||$268||$442||$380||$22||$114||$1,226||$102|
|Vue XR 2WD||$268||$536||$380||$22||$114||$1,320||$110|
|Vue XR-L 2WD||$302||$536||$380||$22||$114||$1,354||$113|
|Vue XR AWD||$302||$536||$380||$22||$114||$1,354||$113|
|Vue XR-L AWD||$302||$632||$380||$22||$114||$1,450||$121|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data based on single female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Indiana minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, safe-driver, and claim-free. Premium costs do not factor in specific location which can change rates noticeably.
The information below highlights how deductible choice and can influence Saturn VUE insurance rates for different age groups. The premium estimates are based on a married male driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, and no discounts are factored in.
Saturn VUE full coverage rates compared to liability only
The diagram below illustrates the comparison of Saturn VUE auto insurance costs with full physical damage coverage compared to only buying liability only. The costs are based on no violations or claims, $250 deductibles, single marital status, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Are you wasting money on full coverage?
There isn’t a written rule to delete comp and collision coverage, but there is a guideline you can use. If the yearly cost for physical damage coverage is about 10% or more of any settlement you would receive from your insurance company, then it might be time to consider dropping full coverage.
For example, let’s say your Saturn VUE replacement cost is $3,000 and you have $1,000 physical damage deductibles. If your vehicle is severely damaged, you would only receive $2,000 after paying the physical damage deductible. If premium cost is more than $200 annually for your policy with full coverage, then you may need to consider dropping full coverage.
There are some scenarios where only buying liability is not advised. If you still have a lienholder on your title, you are required to maintain full coverage in order to satisfy the requirements of the loan. Also, if you can’t afford to buy a different vehicle in case of an accident, you should not drop full coverage.
Car insurance just makes sense
Despite the high insurance cost for a Saturn VUE in Fort Wayne, insuring your vehicle serves several important purposes.
- Almost all states have minimum liability requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry specific minimum amounts of liability coverage in order to be legal. In Indiana these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your vehicle has a lienholder, most banks will require you to have full coverage to guarantee loan repayment. If you let the policy lapse, the bank will be required to insure your Saturn at a much higher rate and force you to reimburse them for it.
- Insurance protects both your car and your personal assets. Insurance will pay for medical expenses for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit if you are sued as the result of your driving. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of carrying enough insurance are without a doubt worth the cost, especially for larger claims. Unknowingly, the average driver is overpaying over $869 every year so it’s very important to do a rate comparison each time the policy renews to save money.
Take these five policy discounts and save on Saturn VUE insurance in Fort Wayne
Companies that sell car insurance don’t always advertise all available discounts in a way that’s easy to find, so the list below details some of the more common as well as the least known credits available to bring down your rates.
- Sign Online – A few larger online companies will discount your bill up to fifty bucks for buying your policy on their website.
- College Student – Children who attend college more than 100 miles from Fort Wayne and won’t have access to an insured vehicle can receive lower rates.
- Military Deployment Discount – Having a family member in the military could mean lower premium rates.
- Anti-lock Brake System – Cars, trucks, and SUVs with ABS and/or traction control prevent accidents so companies give up to a 10% discount.
- Telematics Data – Drivers that enable driving data collection to track where and when they drive by using a telematics device in their vehicle such as Progressive’s Snapshot may see discounts if their driving habits are good.
Don’t be surprised that most discount credits are not given to the whole policy. Most only apply to specific coverage prices like liability, collision or medical payments. So when the math indicates you can get free auto insurance, that’s just not realistic. But all discounts will bring down the amount you pay for coverage.
The illustration below shows the difference between Saturn VUE car insurance costs with and without discounts being applied to the rates. The price estimates are based on a male driver, no violations or claims, Indiana state minimum liability limits, comprehensive and collision coverage, and $100 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with homeowner, multi-policy, claim-free, multi-car, marriage, and safe-driver discounts applied.
Large insurance companies and some of the premium reductions they offer can be read below.
- State Farm includes discounts for student away at school, multiple autos, passive restraint, accident-free, safe vehicle, and Steer Clear safe driver discount.
- Farmers Insurance discounts include teen driver, pay in full, multi-car, good student, and homeowner.
- Progressive offers premium reductions for continuous coverage, online signing, multi-policy, online quote discount, good student, multi-vehicle, and homeowner.
- GEICO may have discounts that include membership and employees, anti-lock brakes, good student, seat belt use, and air bags.
- Auto-Owners Insurance offers discounts for mature driver, safe driver, anti-lock brakes, student away at school, safe vehicle, teen driver, and air bags.
- The Hartford may include discounts for air bag, defensive driver, driver training, anti-theft, good student, and vehicle fuel type.
- Farm Bureau policyholders can earn discounts including good student, youthful driver, safe driver, multi-vehicle, renewal discount, and 55 and retired.
- USAA offers discounts including loyalty savings, driver training, defensive driver, annual mileage, and family discount.
If you want low cost Fort Wayne car insurance quotes, ask every insurance company which discounts you qualify for. Some credits may not apply in Fort Wayne.
Insurance agents near you
Many drivers just want to talk to an insurance agent and we recommend doing that One of the great benefits of comparing insurance prices online is that you can obtain lower car insurance rates and still buy from a local agent. Putting coverage with neighborhood agents is still important in Fort Wayne.
For easy comparison, once you complete this form (opens in new window), the coverage information is submitted to participating agents in Fort Wayne that give free quotes for your coverage. You won’t need to contact any agents as quotes are delivered directly to your email. Get lower rates AND a local agent. If you have a need to get a comparison quote from a specific insurance company, just go to their quote page and fill out their quote form.
Deciding on a insurer should include more criteria than just a low price. You should also get answers to these questions.
- Is their price quote a firm figure or are their hidden costs?
- Are glass claims handled on-site or do you have to take your vehicle to a repair shop?
- Will high miles depreciate repair valuations?
- Do the agents have professional certifications like CPCU or CIC?
- Are they able to influence company decisions when a claim is filed?
- What are their preferred companies if they are an independent agency?
- Are they primarily personal or commercial lines agents in Fort Wayne?
- What kind of financial rating does the company have?
Upon getting acceptable answers to your questions and a good coverage price, it’s a good possibility that you have found an insurer that meets the requirements to adequately provide auto insurance.
When to get professional advice
Always keep in mind that when comparing insurance from an agent or online for your vehicles, there really is no one-size-fits-all type of policy. Each situation is unique so your insurance needs to address that.
These are some specific questions can aid in determining if your insurance needs will benefit from professional help.
- Should I drop comprehensive coverage on older vehicles?
- Is my custom stereo system covered?
- Which companies will insure high-risk drivers?
- Am I covered if hit by an uninsured driver?
- Are there any extra discounts I can get?
- Am I covered if I hit a deer?
- How do I buy GAP insurance?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but one or more may apply to you, then you may want to think about talking to an agent. To find an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form or click here for a list of insurance companies in your area.
Understanding the coverages of insurance can help you determine the right coverages at the best deductibles and correct limits. Insurance terms can be ambiguous and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording. Shown next are the normal coverages available from insurance companies.
Comprehensive insurance – Comprehensive insurance pays for damage that is not covered by collision coverage. You first have to pay a deductible then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive insurance covers claims such as damage from getting keyed, hail damage, a broken windshield and fire damage. The maximum amount a insurance company will pay at claim time is the market value of your vehicle, so if the vehicle is not worth much it’s probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
Coverage for uninsured or underinsured drivers – Your UM/UIM coverage provides protection when other motorists are uninsured or don’t have enough coverage. Covered claims include injuries sustained by your vehicle’s occupants as well as damage to your Saturn VUE.
Because many people only carry the minimum required liability limits (25/50/10), their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage is a good idea. Usually these limits do not exceed the liability coverage limits.
Liability car insurance – Liability coverage provides protection from damages or injuries you inflict on other people or property that is your fault. This coverage protects you from claims by other people, and doesn’t cover damage sustained by your vehicle in an accident.
It consists of three limits, bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage. Your policy might show liability limits of 25/50/10 which stand for $25,000 in coverage for each person’s injuries, a per accident bodily injury limit of $50,000, and $10,000 of coverage for damaged property. Occasionally you may see a combined single limit or CSL which limits claims to one amount and claims can be made without the split limit restrictions.
Liability coverage protects against things like medical services, court costs, pain and suffering and loss of income. How much liability should you purchase? That is a decision to put some thought into, but consider buying as high a limit as you can afford. Indiana state law requires minimum liability limits of 25/50/10 but you should consider buying more coverage.
The next chart shows why low liability limits may not be adequate.
Coverage for medical expenses – Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage provide coverage for expenses for pain medications, rehabilitation expenses and doctor visits. The coverages can be used to fill the gap from your health insurance policy or if you lack health insurance entirely. Medical payments and PIP cover not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants in addition to being hit by a car walking across the street. PIP coverage is not universally available and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
Collision coverage – Collision coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage resulting from colliding with a stationary object or other vehicle. You first must pay a deductible then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision coverage protects against things such as damaging your car on a curb, crashing into a building and sideswiping another vehicle. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so you might think about dropping it from older vehicles. It’s also possible to bump up the deductible on your VUE in order to get cheaper collision rates.
Affordable auto insurance premiums are out there
Affordable Saturn VUE insurance in Fort Wayne can be found from both online companies and from local agencies, so you should be comparing quotes from both to have the best rate selection. A few companies don’t offer online rate quotes and usually these regional carriers prefer to sell through independent agents.
When trying to cut insurance costs, do not reduce needed coverages to save money. Too many times, an accident victim reduced physical damage coverage to discover at claim time they didn’t have enough coverage. The goal is to purchase a proper amount of coverage for the lowest cost while not skimping on critical coverages.
- Auto Insurance for Teen Drivers (Insurance Information Institute)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Used Cars in Fort Wayne? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Rates for Teenage Males in Fort Wayne? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Fort Wayne Auto Insurance for Retired Military? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Fort Wayne Auto Insurance for Drivers Over Age 70? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for 16 Year Olds in Fort Wayne? (FAQ)
- How to Avoid Buying a Flooded Car (Insurance Information Institute)
- Should I Purchase an Umbrella Liability Policy? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Front crash protection reduces rear-end crashes (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Property Damage Coverage (Liberty Mutual)