Getting affordable Fort Wayne Nissan Versa insurance quotes on the web may be difficult for people who are beginners to quoting and online price comparisons. With a ridiculous number of companies, how can anyone effectively compare the different rates to find cheaper insurance rates?
We don’t have to tell you that auto insurance companies don’t want you shop around. Drivers who shop around for a cheaper policy are highly likely to switch to a new company because they have a good chance of finding a more affordable policy. A study showed that consumers who routinely compared rates saved as much as $3,500 over four years compared to those who never shopped around for cheaper prices.
If finding discount rates on Nissan Versa insurance in Fort Wayne is your target objective, knowing the best way to compare insurance can make the process more efficient.
It’s smart to compare premium rates before your policy renews because prices are adjusted regularly by insurance companies. Despite the fact that you may have had the lowest quotes on Nissan Versa insurance in Fort Wayne two years ago you can probably find a better rate now. Forget anything you know (or think you know) about insurance because I’m going to let you in on the secrets to the fastest and easiest way to properly buy coverages while reducing your premium.
Our objective is to familiarize you with the most effective way to quote insurance and some tricks to saving. If you currently have auto insurance, you should be able to save money using the tips covered below. But Indiana car owners must comprehend the way insurance companies calculate their prices because it can help you find the best coverage.
Cheaper Fort Wayne insurance rates with discounts
Companies don’t always list every discount very clearly, so the next list breaks down a few of the more common and also the more inconspicuous discounts that you may qualify for.
- College Student – Children who live away from home to go to college and don’t have a car may qualify for this discount.
- Discount for Low Mileage – Driving less can earn better prices on cars that stay parked.
- Early Switch Discount – Some larger companies give discounts for renewing your policy prior to your current Versa insurance policy expiration. This can save 10% or more.
- Passenger Safety Discount – Vehicles equipped with air bags may get savings of more than 20%.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Not all insurance companies offer life insurance, but some may give you better rates if you take out some life insurance too.
- Seat Belt Usage – Drivers who require all occupants to use their safety belts could cut 10% or more on the medical payments or PIP coverage costs.
Drivers should understand that most credits do not apply to all coverage premiums. Some only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as medical payments or collision. Despite the appearance that all the discounts add up to a free policy, you’re out of luck.
The information below shows the difference between Nissan Versa insurance premiums with and without discounts applied to the premium. The price estimates are based on a male driver, a clean driving record, no claims, Indiana state minimum liability limits, full physical damage coverage, and $500 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-car, marriage, safe-driver, homeowner, multi-policy, and claim-free discounts applied.
Popular insurance companies and some of the premium reductions they offer are outlined below.
- Progressive includes discounts for online quote discount, multi-policy, good student, continuous coverage, and homeowner.
- SAFECO policyholders can earn discounts including homeowner, safe driver, anti-theft, bundle discounts, and accident prevention training.
- American Family offers discounts for TimeAway discount, multi-vehicle, bundled insurance, good driver, accident-free, air bags, and Steer into Savings.
- MetLife may have discounts that include multi-policy, good driver, claim-free, good student, accident-free, defensive driver
- GEICO has discounts for daytime running lights, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, seat belt use, anti-lock brakes, driver training, and emergency military deployment.
- The Hartford may offer discounts for driver training, good student, defensive driver, air bag, and bundle.
Check with each company how many discounts you can get. Discounts might not apply in every state. If you would like to choose from a list of insurance companies that offer many of these discounts in Fort Wayne, follow this link.
Cheap Fort Wayne Nissan Versa insurance price quotes
The are a couple different ways of comparing price quotes from local Fort Wayne insurance companies. The quickest method to find cheaper Nissan Versa rates is to perform an online rate comparison. Just remember that quoting more will increase your chances of finding the best offered rates. Not every company allows you to get Fort Wayne Versa insurance quotes online, so you need to compare quotes from them as well.
The companies shown below are ready to provide quotes in Fort Wayne, IN. If your goal is to find the cheapest auto insurance in Indiana, we suggest you click on several of them in order to find the cheapest rates.
The coverage table below covers detailed analysis of rate quotes for Nissan Versa models. Learning more about how insurance prices are determined can benefit drivers when making informed purchases.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Versa 1.6 SEDAN||$138||$298||$264||$16||$80||$796||$66|
|Versa 1.8 S Hatchback||$162||$426||$264||$16||$80||$948||$79|
|Versa 1.8 S SEDAN||$162||$426||$264||$16||$80||$948||$79|
|Versa 1.8 SL Hatchback||$186||$492||$264||$16||$80||$1,038||$87|
|Versa 1.8 SL SEDAN||$186||$492||$264||$16||$80||$1,038||$87|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data rating is based on married female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Indiana minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, claim-free, and homeowner. Table data does not factor in vehicle location which can decrease or increase rates noticeably.
Physical damage deductible comparison
One of the most common car insurance questions is at what level do you set your deductibles. The following tables approximate the premium difference of buying low and high physical damage coverage deductibles. The first pricing table uses a $250 physical damage deductible and the second data table uses a $1,000 deductible.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Versa 1.6 SEDAN||$162||$300||$280||$16||$84||$867||$72|
|Versa 1.8 S Hatchback||$188||$430||$280||$16||$84||$1,023||$85|
|Versa 1.8 S SEDAN||$188||$430||$280||$16||$84||$1,023||$85|
|Versa 1.8 SL Hatchback||$216||$496||$280||$16||$84||$1,117||$93|
|Versa 1.8 SL SEDAN||$216||$496||$280||$16||$84||$1,117||$93|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Versa 1.6 SEDAN||$100||$188||$280||$16||$84||$668||$56|
|Versa 1.8 S Hatchback||$116||$270||$280||$16||$84||$766||$64|
|Versa 1.8 S SEDAN||$116||$270||$280||$16||$84||$766||$64|
|Versa 1.8 SL Hatchback||$134||$312||$280||$16||$84||$826||$69|
|Versa 1.8 SL SEDAN||$134||$312||$280||$16||$84||$826||$69|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data rating is based on married male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, and Indiana minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, multi-policy, safe-driver, multi-vehicle, and claim-free. Table data does not factor in specific garaging location which can lower or raise premiums considerably.
Based on the figures above, using a $250 deductible will cost you roughly $22 more each month or $264 for a full year across all Nissan Versa models than choosing the higher $1,000 deductible. Due to the fact that you would have to pay $750 more to file a claim with a $1,000 deductible as compared to a $250 deductible, if you normally go at least 34 months between claims, you would most likely save money if you opt for a higher deductible. The illustration below shows a better example of how you can make your own decision.
|Average monthly premium for $250 deductibles:||$86|
|Average monthly premium for $1,000 deductibles (subtract):||– $64|
|Monthly savings from raising deductible:||$22|
|Difference between deductibles ($1,000 – $250):||$750|
|Divide difference by monthly savings:||$750 / $22|
|Number of months required between physical damage coverage claims in order to save money by choosing the higher deductible||34 months|
One thing to note is that raising deductibles means you pay more out-of-pocket when you do file a claim. You need to have some extra funds in order to pay the deductible to have repairs made.
Impact of careless driving on Fort Wayne car insurance rates
The information below shows how traffic citations and accident claims drive up Nissan Versa yearly insurance costs for different age groups of insureds. The rate quotes are based on a married female driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, $500 deductibles, and no policy discounts are applied.
Difference between full coverage and liability only rates
The example below visualizes the comparison of Nissan Versa insurance costs with full physical damage coverage and with liability coverage only. Data assumes no tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, drivers are single, and no discounts are applied.
When to stop paying for full coverage
There is no set guideline for dropping comp and collision coverage, but there is a broad guideline. If the annual cost of your full coverage insurance is more than about 10% of replacement cost minus your deductible, then you may need to consider dropping full coverage.
For example, let’s pretend your Nissan Versa replacement cost is $4,000 and you have $1,000 deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled in an accident, the most you would receive is $3,000 after paying your deductible. If you are paying in excess of $300 annually for comprehensive and collision coverage, the it may be a good time to stop paying for full coverage.
There are some situations where eliminating full coverage is not in your best interest. If you still owe a portion of the original loan, you have to maintain full coverage in order to prevent the bank from purchasing higher-priced coverage. Also, if your finances do not allow you to purchase a different vehicle if your current one is totaled, you should not consider dropping full coverage.
Why Your Insurance Premiums might be higher
One of the most helpful ways to save on car insurance is to to have a grasp of a few of the rating criteria that come into play when calculating your car insurance rates. If you know what impacts premium levels, this allows you to make good choices that can help you get better car insurance rates.
Men tend to take more risk – Statistics show that females take fewer risks when driving. The data does not necessarily mean that women are better drivers. They both are responsible for fender benders at a similar rate, but males tend to have higher claims. Men also get cited for more serious violations like reckless driving and DUI.
The illustration below shows the difference between Nissan Versa insurance premiums for male and female drivers. The premiums are based on no claims, a clean driving record, comp and collision included, $100 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no policy discounts are applied.
- Get hitched and pay lower costs – Walking down the aisle may cut your premiums on your car insurance bill. Marriage is viewed as being more mature and responsible it has been statistically shown that married couples file fewer claims.
- Increase deductibles to save – Deductibles for physical damage represent how much money you are required to spend out-of-pocket if a covered claim is submitted. Protection for physical damage, also called comprehensive and collision insurance, protects your car from damage. A few examples of covered claims would be a windshield broken by a bird, collision with a deer, or theft of your vehicle. The more damage repair cost the insured is willing to pay, the less money you will pay for car insurance.
- Liability protection safeguards assets – The liability coverage on your policy will provide protection if you are determined to be liable for damages from an accident. Liability insurance provides you with a defense in court starting from day one. This coverage is relatively inexpensive compared to other policy coverages, so drivers should make sure they buy enough to cover all assets.
- Safety first – Safer cars tend to be cheaper to insure. These vehicles have better occupant injury protection and any reduction in injury severity translates directly to fewer claims passed on to you as lower rates.
- Your job is a factor – Did you know your job can affect your rates? Occupational choices like military generals, executives, and emergency personnel tend to pay higher average rates attributed to high stress and long work days. Conversely, occupations such as scientists, historians and homemakers pay lower than average rates.
Claims statistics for a Nissan Versa – Insurers analyze historical claim data to help calculate a profitable premium price. Vehicles that tend to have higher losses will have higher rates.
The table below outlines the historical insurance loss data for Nissan Versa vehicles. For each insurance policy coverage type, the loss probability for all vehicles as a whole is set at 100. Numbers shown that are under 100 are indicative of better than average losses, while values over 100 point to more losses or larger claims.
Car Insurance Loss Data for Nissan Versa Models Specific Nissan Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Nissan Versa 116 110 92 190 203 138 Nissan Versa Note 112 96 85 161 171 133BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years
Situations that may require an agent’s advice
When quoting and comparing a policy, there isn’t really a one-size-fits-all type of policy. Everyone’s situation is unique and your car insurance should be unique as well. Here are some questions about coverages that might help in determining whether or not you will benefit from professional help.
- What is the minimum liability in Indiana?
- How much cheaper are high deductibles?
- Will my rates increase for filing one claim?
- Is there coverage for injuries to my pets?
- Are my tools covered if they get stolen from my vehicle?
- Does my liability insurance cover pulling a trailer or camper?
- Should I sign the liability waiver when renting a car?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions, you might consider talking to a licensed insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, take a second and complete this form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area.
Insurance agent or online?
Some people still prefer to get professional advice from a licensed agent and that can be a smart move One of the great benefits of comparing rate quotes online is the fact that you can find cheap rate quotes but still work with a licensed agent. Buying from neighborhood insurance agencies is definitely important in Fort Wayne.
For easy comparison, once you complete this form (opens in new window), your coverage information is submitted to agents in your area that provide free Fort Wayne car insurance quotes for your insurance coverage. You don’t have to contact any insurance agencies as quotes are delivered to the email address you provide. It’s the lowest rates without having to waste a lot of time. In the event you want to compare prices from a particular provider, just find their quoting web page and complete a quote there.
If you want to use a reputable agency, you should know the types of agencies and how they work. Agents are considered either independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer.
Independent Auto Insurance Agents (or Brokers)
Agents of this type are normally appointed by many insurers and that enables them to quote your coverage with lots of companies and possibly get better coverage at lower prices. If they find a lower price, the agent simply finds a different carrier without you having to go to a different agency.
If you are trying to find cheaper rates, it’s recommended you get some free quotes from at least one independent agent to maximize your price options. Most independent agents also contract with companies you’ve never heard of which can be an advantage.
Featured below is a partial list of independent agents in Fort Wayne that may be able to provide cheap rate quotes.
- Hylant Group
6714 Pointe Inverness Way #100 – Fort Wayne, IN 46804 – (260) 969-3900 – View Map
- Stoller-Dunham Insurance Agency
6058 E State Blvd – Fort Wayne, IN 46815 – (260) 749-4970 – View Map
- Hupe Insurance Services
7011 Stellhorn Rd – Fort Wayne, IN 46815 – (800) 701-5909 – View Map
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agents
Exclusive insurance agents write business for a single company such as American Family, State Farm, and AAA. Exclusive agents are unable to place coverage with different providers so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. These agents receive extensive training on their company’s products which helps offset the inability to provide other markets. A lot of people use the same agent partially due to the brand and the convenience of having a single billing for all their coverages.
The following are Fort Wayne exclusive insurance agencies that are able to give price quotes.
- Allstate Insurance: Keith Miller
4930 Illinois Rd Ste 1 – Fort Wayne, IN 46804 – (260) 434-0010 – View Map
- John Carr – State Farm Insurance Agent
1018 E Dupont Rd – Fort Wayne, IN 46825 – (260) 489-3838 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Rolly Bhargava
4660 W Jefferson Blvd Ste 100 – Fort Wayne, IN 46804 – (260) 459-7673 – View Map
Deciding on an insurance agency is decision based upon more than just the quoted price. Here are some questions you might want to ask.
- If your car is in the repair shop, do you have coverage for a rental car?
- What companies can they write with?
- Is every driver in your family covered?
- If you have an accident, will your rates go up?
- Do they have 24-hour customer assistance?
- How does the company pay claims for a total loss?
- Did they already check your driving record and credit reports?
- Are they primarily personal or commercial lines agents in Fort Wayne?
If you get reasonable responses to these questions and a low price estimate, you have narrowed it down to an insurance agency that meets your needs to properly insure your vehicles.
Buying the right Versa insurance in Indiana is an important decision
Despite the high cost, maintaining insurance serves a purpose in several ways.
- Almost all states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means the state requires a specific minimum amount of liability coverage in order to license the vehicle. In Indiana these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Versa has a loan, most lenders will require that you buy full coverage to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totaled. If the policy lapses, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Nissan at a much higher premium rate and force you to reimburse them much more than you were paying before.
- Insurance protects your car and your assets. It will also pay for all forms of medical expenses for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. One policy coverage, liability insurance, also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit in the event you are sued. If you have damage to your Nissan as the result of the weather or an accident, comprehensive and collision coverage will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of having insurance greatly outweigh the cost, particularly when you have a large claim. On average, a vehicle owner in Fort Wayne is wasting up to $750 every year so compare rate quotes at every policy renewal to make sure the price is not too high.
Indiana car insurance company ratings
Insuring your vehicle with a highly-rated auto insurance company can be a challenge considering how many choices there are in Indiana. The ranking information shown next could help you decide which car insurance companies you want to consider buying from.
Top 10 Fort Wayne Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Service
- State Farm
- Safeco Insurance
- American Family
- Titan Insurance
- Liberty Mutual
- Erie Insurance
Top 10 Fort Wayne Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Satisfaction
- USAA – 92%
- Erie Insurance – 88%
- American Family – 88%
- State Farm – 88%
- Nationwide – 88%
- 21st Century – 88%
- AAA Insurance – 87%
- Liberty Mutual – 87%
- Farmers Insurance – 87%
- The Hartford – 87%
Don’t give up on cheap rates
Throughout this article, we presented many ways to compare Nissan Versa insurance rates in Fort Wayne. The key thing to remember is the more times you quote, the better chance you’ll have of finding cheaper Fort Wayne car insurance quotes. Drivers may even discover the lowest priced auto insurance comes from a company that doesn’t do a lot of advertising. Smaller companies often have lower car insurance rates on specific markets than their larger competitors like Allstate, GEICO and Progressive.
Some insurance companies don’t offer online rate quotes and usually these smaller providers prefer to sell through independent agents. Cheaper auto insurance in Fort Wayne can be sourced both online in addition to local insurance agencies, and you should compare price quotes from both to get a complete price analysis.
How to find more affordable Nissan Versa insurance in Fort Wayne
The most effective way to get low-cost auto insurance rates in Fort Wayne is to compare quotes annually from providers in Indiana.
- Step 1: Try to learn a little about auto insurance and the factors you can control to keep rates down. Many rating criteria that are responsible for high rates like careless driving and an unacceptable credit history can be amended by making minor changes in your lifestyle.
- Step 2: Obtain price quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can only quote rates from one company like Progressive and State Farm, while agents who are independent can provide price quotes from multiple sources.
- Step 3: Compare the new rate quotes to your existing coverage and determine if cheaper Versa coverage is available in Fort Wayne. If you find better rates and make a switch, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
A key point to remember is to compare identical coverage information on each quote request and to quote with as many different companies as possible. This helps ensure the most accurate price comparison and a better comparison of the market.
More information can be read below:
- Understanding your Policy (NAIC.org)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for a Chevrolet Equinox in Fort Wayne? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Rates for Business Use in Fort Wayne? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Handicapped Drivers in Fort Wayne? (FAQ)
- Cellphones, Texting and Driving (iihs.org)
- Rearview cameras reduce backing crashes (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)