A recent NerdWallet.com study revealed that over 70% of consumers kept their policy with the same company for a minimum of four years, and nearly 40% of drivers have never compared rates from other carriers. Fort Wayne consumers could save an average of approximately 55% each year by just comparing quotes, but most tend to underestimate how much they could save if they switch to a new company.
If your goal is the lowest price, then the best way to get low-cost Hyundai Genesis insurance in Fort Wayne is to regularly compare price quotes from providers in Indiana.
- First, spend some time learning about the coverage provided by your policy and the measures you can take to prevent expensive coverage. Many policy risk factors that cause rate increases like accidents, traffic tickets, and a not-so-good credit score can be rectified by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes. Keep reading for more ideas to find cheap rates and get bigger discounts that may have been overlooked.
- Second, compare rates from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can provide rates from one company like GEICO or State Farm, while agents who are independent can provide price quotes for many different companies. Find a Fort Wayne insurance agent
- Third, compare the price quotes to your existing policy and determine if there is any savings. If you can save some money, ensure there is no coverage lapse between policies.
- Fourth, provide notification to your current company of your intent to cancel your current auto insurance policy. Submit the signed application along with the required initial payment to your new carrier. Don’t forget to place your new certificate verifying proof of insurance in a readily accessible location in your vehicle.
The most important part of this process is to make sure you enter the same liability limits and deductibles on every quote and to quote with every insurance company. This guarantees an accurate price comparison and the best price quote selection.
Finding and comparing the lowest cost auto insurance in Fort Wayne is actually quite simple. In a nutshell, every vehicle owner who needs cheaper auto insurance will most likely be able to cut their insurance bill. Although Indiana consumers must know the way companies determine what you pay and use it to find better rates.
Don’t neglect these discounts on Hyundai Genesis insurance in Fort Wayne
Some insurance providers don’t always list every available discount very clearly, so we break down both the well known and the more hidden car insurance savings.
- Club Memberships – Being in qualifying clubs or civic groups is a good way to get lower rates on your bill.
- Student Discount for Driver Training – Require your teen driver to successfully take a driver’s education course as it will make them better drivers and lower rates.
- Discounts for Multiple Vehicles – Insuring more than one vehicle with the same company can get a discount for every vehicle.
- ABS Braking Discount – Cars with ABS and/or traction control prevent accidents and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Passive Restraints – Vehicles equipped with air bags or motorized seat belts may qualify for discounts of more than 20%.
A little disclaimer on discounts, most credits do not apply to the whole policy. The majority will only reduce specific coverage prices like liability, collision or medical payments. So even though they make it sound like all those discounts means the company will pay you, you aren’t that lucky.
The diagram below visualizes the comparison of Hyundai Genesis auto insurance rates with and without discounts applied to the policy rates. The premium estimates are based on a male driver, no claims or violations, Indiana state minimum liability limits, full physical damage coverage, and $250 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with claim-free, multi-policy, safe-driver, marriage, multi-car, and homeowner discounts applied.
To view companies who offer cheap Hyundai Genesis insurance quotes in Fort Wayne in Fort Wayne, follow this link.
Where can I get low cost Fort Wayne Hyundai Genesis insurance?
When looking for affordable Hyundai Genesis insurance quotes, there are a couple ways to compare quotes from local Fort Wayne insurance companies. By far the easiest way to find competitive Hyundai Genesis insurance rates involves getting comparison quotes online.
Just keep in mind that comparing all the rates in your area increases your odds of finding more affordable rates.
The companies in the list below are our best choices to provide quotes in Indiana. If your goal is to find the best auto insurance in IN, we suggest you compare several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
Rate information and statistics
The premium information displayed below highlights different insurance premium costs for Hyundai Genesis models. Being able to understand how policy rates are figured helps drivers make informed coverage decisions.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Genesis 2.0T 2-Dr Coupe||$310||$592||$460||$28||$138||$1,528||$127|
|Genesis 3.8 4-Dr Sedan||$346||$514||$312||$18||$94||$1,284||$107|
|Genesis 2.0T Premium 2-Dr Coupe||$346||$592||$460||$28||$138||$1,564||$130|
|Genesis 3.8 2-Dr Coupe||$346||$592||$460||$28||$138||$1,564||$130|
|Genesis 2.0T Track 2-Dr Coupe||$346||$592||$460||$28||$138||$1,564||$130|
|Genesis 3.8 Grand Touring 2-Dr Coupe||$346||$592||$460||$28||$138||$1,564||$130|
|Genesis 4.6 4-Dr Sedan||$346||$592||$312||$18||$94||$1,362||$114|
|Genesis 3.8 Track 2-Dr Coupe||$346||$670||$460||$28||$138||$1,642||$137|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Above prices assume single male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Indiana minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, claim-free, safe-driver, multi-vehicle, and multi-policy. Estimates do not factor in zip code location which can alter premiums substantially.
The information below highlights how deductible choice and can impact Hyundai Genesis yearly insurance costs for each age group. The price estimates are based on a single female driver, full coverage, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Comparison of full coverage and liability-only policies
The information below shows the comparison of Hyundai Genesis yearly insurance costs with and without full coverage. The rates are based on no violations or accidents, $100 deductibles, drivers are single, and no additional discounts are factored in.
When to drop full coverage
There is no definitive guideline to stop buying full coverage on your policy, but there is a general convention. If the annual cost of comprehensive and collision coverage is about 10% or more of the settlement you would receive from your company, then you might want to consider buying only liability coverage.
For example, let’s pretend your Hyundai Genesis book value is $6,000 and you have $1,000 full coverage deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled, the most you would receive is $5,000 after the policy deductible has been paid. If you are currently paying more than $500 a year for full coverage, the it may be a good time to stop paying for full coverage.
There are a few cases where eliminating full coverage is not a good plan. If you still have a loan on your vehicle, you are required to maintain full coverage to protect the lienholder’s interest in the vehicle. Also, if you can’t afford to buy a different vehicle if your current one is damaged, you should keep full coverage on your policy.
Compare rates but buy from a local neighborhood Fort Wayne car insurance agent
Certain consumers still prefer to talk to an insurance agent and that is not a bad decision A good thing about getting free rate quotes online is the fact that you can find cheap rate quotes and still have a local agent. And supporting local agencies is especially important in Fort Wayne.
Upon completion of this form (opens in new window), your information is transmitted to local insurance agents in Fort Wayne that give free quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. You never need to contact any agents because quoted prices will be sent to you directly. You can find lower rates and an insurance agent to talk to. If you need to get a price quote from a particular provider, you just need to find their quoting web page and complete a quote there.
Pick the best auto insurance agent in Fort Wayne for you
If you want a local Fort Wayne insurance agency, it can be helpful to understand the different types of agents and how they are slightly different. Insurance agents may be either exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments.
Independent Insurance Agencies or Brokers
Independent agencies often have many company appointments so they have the ability to put coverage with an assortment of companies and find you the best rates. If they find a lower price, your policy is moved internally and you don’t have to do anything. When comparing insurance rates, we recommend you compare prices from several independent insurance agents in order to compare the most rates. Most can insure with different regional companies which can save you money.
The following are independent insurance agents in Fort Wayne who can help you get comparison quotes.
- Andrew Stores – Prudential Financial
2420 Coliseum Blvd North, Suite 100 – Fort Wayne, IN 46805 – (260) 310-6018 – View Map
- Imel Insurance
2700 Lower Huntington Rd – Fort Wayne, IN 46809 – (260) 747-6186 – View Map
- GMI Insurance
6110 Bluffton Rd #110 – Fort Wayne, IN 46809 – (260) 478-9405 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Agents that choose to be exclusive can only write with one company such as Farmers Insurance, American Family, State Farm and Allstate. Exclusive agents cannot give you multiple price quotes so always compare other rates. Exclusive insurance agents receive extensive training in insurance sales which aids in selling service over price. Drivers often choose to use an exclusive agent mainly due to the prominence of the brand and solid financial strength.
The following are exclusive agents in Fort Wayne willing to provide price quotes.
- John Hayes – State Farm Insurance Agent
6407 Stellhorn Rd – Fort Wayne, IN 46815 – (260) 486-4711 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Justin Harkelroad
8812 Coldwater Rd – Fort Wayne, IN 46825 – (260) 489-0156 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Jay Raj
702 W Coliseum Blvd d – Fort Wayne, IN 46808 – (260) 484-5577 – View Map
Deciding on an insurance agent shouldn’t rely on just the bottom line cost. Any agent in Fort Wayne should be forthright in answering these questions:
- Do they carry Errors and Omissions coverage?
- Does the company allow you to choose your own collision repair facility?
- Do you work with a CSR or direct with the agent?
- Are there any hidden costs in their price quote and does it include driving and credit history?
- Do they get paid more for recommending certain coverages?
Upon getting satisfactory answers for all questions you ask in addition to an acceptable price estimate, you may have found a car insurance agent that can be relied on to insure your vehicles. It’s important to know that you are able to terminate your policy any time you want so don’t assume you are locked into any specific company with no way out.
Auto insurance companies ranked
Finding a high-quality auto insurance provider is hard considering how many companies sell coverage in Indiana. The company rank data displayed below could help you select which car insurance providers you want to consider comparing rate quotes with.
Top 10 Fort Wayne Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Satisfaction
- USAA – 92%
- Erie Insurance – 88%
- American Family – 88%
- State Farm – 88%
- Nationwide – 88%
- 21st Century – 88%
- AAA Insurance – 87%
- Liberty Mutual – 87%
- Farmers Insurance – 87%
- The Hartford – 87%
Top 10 Fort Wayne Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Claims Service
- Liberty Mutual
- AAA Insurance
- Safeco Insurance
- The General
Do the work, save more money
Lower-priced car insurance in Fort Wayne is definitely available from both online companies as well as from insurance agents, and you need to comparison shop both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. A few companies may not provide price quotes online and these small, regional companies only sell through local independent agencies.
While you’re price shopping online, do not skimp on coverage in order to save money. In many instances, an insured cut liability coverage limits only to regret at claim time that the savings was not a smart move. Your strategy should be to buy enough coverage at the best price and still be able to protect your assets.
Drivers leave their current company for a variety of reasons including delays in paying claims, being labeled a high risk driver, questionable increases in premium or even extreme rates for teen drivers. Regardless of your reason, choosing a new company is not as hard as you think.
Much more information about car insurance in Indiana can be found at these links:
- Front crash protection reduces rear-end crashes (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for 18 Year Olds in Fort Wayne? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance for Young Drivers in Fort Wayne? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for Veterans in Fort Wayne? (FAQ)
- Hybrid vehicles cost insurers more (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Vehicle Safety Ratings (iihs.org)