If you’re new to shopping for Fort Wayne car insurance quotes online, it’s easy to be confused thanks to the huge assortment of local and online companies who claim to have the best car insurance rates.
A recent NerdWallet.com study revealed that about 70% of customers renewed their policy with the same company for a minimum of four years, and just under half have never shopped around. The average driver in Indiana can save almost 55% each year, but they just don’t want to do a rate comparison.
The method we recommend to get rate comparisons for GMC Sonoma insurance in Fort Wayne is to take advantage of the fact all the major auto insurance companies actually pay money for the chance to give you rate quotes. All you need to do is give the companies some data such as your occupation, an estimate of your credit level, if you went to college, and the type of vehicles you drive. The data is then submitted to insurance companies and they return rate quotes instantly to find the best rate.
If you wish to get multiple quotes for your GMC Sonoma now, click here and complete the form.
The companies in the list below are our best choices to provide quotes in Fort Wayne, IN. If multiple companies are listed, we recommend you visit two to three different companies in order to find the cheapest rates.
Why do I need car insurance?
Despite the potentially high cost of GMC Sonoma insurance, insuring your vehicle is a good idea for several reasons.
- Just about all states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry specific limits of liability insurance in order to drive the car. In Indiana these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your vehicle has a lienholder, most banks will make it a condition of the loan that you have physical damage coverage to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totaled. If the policy lapses, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your GMC at a significantly higher premium and force you to reimburse them a much higher amount than you were paying before.
- Insurance safeguards not only your car but also your financial assets. It will also reimburse you for medical expenses for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. One policy coverage, liability insurance, also pays for attorney fees and expenses if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, collision and comprehensive (also known as other-than-collision) coverage will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of having insurance definitely exceed the cost, particularly for liability claims. According to a survey of 1,000 drivers, the average driver is currently overpaying as much as $810 a year so it’s very important to do a rate comparison once a year at a minimum to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Get cheaper GMC Sonoma insurance rates in Fort Wayne
Companies that sell car insurance don’t always list every available discount very well, so the list below details a few of the more well known as well as the least known discounts that you may qualify for.
- Defensive Driver Discounts – Taking part in a course that instructs on driving safety is a good idea and can lower rates and make you a better driver.
- Senior Citizen Discount – Drivers that qualify as senior citizens can possibly qualify for lower premium rates.
- Discount for Home Ownership – Simply owning a home can save you money because owning a home demonstrates responsibility.
- Discount for Multiple Policies – If you can bundle your homeowners and auto insurance with the same company you may earn 10% to 20% off each policy.
- Drivers Education – Make teen driver coverage more affordable by requiring them to enroll and complete driver’s education if offered at their school.
- Discounts for Cautious Drivers – Safe drivers may receive a discount up to 45% than drivers with accident claims.
- Waiver for an Accident – This one isn’t a discount, but some insurance companies permit an accident without the usual rate increase if you have no claims before the accident.
- Safety Restraint Discount – Drivers who always wear seat belts and also require passengers to fasten their seat belts can save up to 15% off the medical payments premium.
- Save with More Vehicles Insured – Buying a policy with multiple cars on one policy can get a discount on all vehicles.
It’s important to understand that most credits do not apply to all coverage premiums. Most only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like collision or personal injury protection. Even though it may seem like all those discounts means the company will pay you, it’s just not the way it works.
A few companies that may have most of these discounts include:
If you need inexpensive Fort Wayne car insurance quotes, ask every company which discounts can lower your rates. Some of the discounts discussed earlier may not be offered in Fort Wayne. To locate insurance companies who offer online GMC Sonoma insurance quotes in Indiana, click here.
What if I want to buy from local Fort Wayne car insurance agents?
Some consumers just prefer to buy from a licensed agent and doing so can bring peace of mind The best thing about getting free rate quotes online is you can get cheap rate quotes but still work with a licensed agent. And supporting local agents is important particularly in Fort Wayne.
After filling out this form (opens in new window), the coverage information is sent to agents in your area who want to provide quotes for your coverage. There is no reason to even leave your home due to the fact that quote results will go immediately to you. You can find better rates without a big time investment. If you need to get a price quote from a specific insurance company, you just need to find their quoting web page and give them your coverage information.
If you are searching for a reputable agency, it helps to know the two types of agencies that you can choose from. Car insurance agents may be either exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments.
Independent Car Insurance Agents
Agents that choose to be independent can quote rates with many companies so as a result can place your coverage with a variety of different insurance companies and get you the best rates possible. If your premiums go up, your agent can switch companies and you won’t have to switch agencies. If you are comparing car insurance prices, we recommend you get quotes from a few independent agents to have the best price comparison. Many independent agencies also insure through lesser-known insurance companies that may provide cheaper car insurance rates.
Featured below are Fort Wayne independent insurance agents who can help you get free car insurance rate quotes.
- Schultheis Agency Insurance
1910 St Joe Center Rd – Fort Wayne, IN 46825 – (260) 480-0208 – View Map
- Stewart Brimner Group
3702 Rupp Dr – Fort Wayne, IN 46815 – (260) 482-6900 – View Map
- PMG Agency
3711 Rupp Dr #103 – Fort Wayne, IN 46835 – (260) 436-9669 – View Map
Exclusive Car Insurance Agents
Agents of this type generally can only insure with one company like AAA, Allstate, State Farm, or Farmers Insurance. Exclusive agents cannot compare rates from other companies so keep that in mind. Exclusive agents are trained well on the products they sell which can be an advantage. Drivers often choose to use an exclusive agent partially due to the prominent brand name rather than having low rates.
The following are exclusive agents in Fort Wayne that are able to give comparison quotes.
- Allstate Insurance: Jay Raj
702 W Coliseum Blvd d – Fort Wayne, IN 46808 – (260) 484-5577 – View Map
- Valentine White-Xayarath – State Farm Insurance Agent
5533 S Anthony Blvd – Fort Wayne, IN 46806 – (260) 447-1074 – View Map
- Kent Paul – State Farm Insurance Agent
1505 W Dupont Rd – Fort Wayne, IN 46825 – (260) 478-2222 – View Map
Deciding on an auto insurance agent needs to be determined by more than just the quoted price. Ask your prospective agent these questions:
- If you are a high risk driver, do they have special markets for your coverage?
- Do clients work directly with the agent or are most inquiries handled by a CSR?
- What insurance companies do they work with in Fort Wayne?
- Do they have 24-hour customer assistance?
- How often do they review coverages?
- Is insurance their full-time profession?
- Are glass claims handled on-site or do you have to take your vehicle to a repair shop?
After getting acceptable answers to your questions as well as offering an affordable quote, you’ve probably found a car insurance agent that will properly service your car insurance policy. Just be aware that you can always terminate your policy for any reason so never feel that you are permanently stuck with your new company with no way out.
Ratings for Indiana car insurance companies
Selecting the top company is difficult considering how many companies provide coverage in Indiana. The company information displayed below may help you choose which auto insurance companies you want to consider putting your business with.
|Company||Value||Customer Service||Claims||Customer Satisfaction||A.M Best Rating||Overall Score|
|Compare Rates Now Go|
Data Source: Insure.com Best Car Insurance Companies
Quote more and you will save more
We just presented many ways to find cheap GMC Sonoma insurance in Fort Wayne. The key thing to remember is the more rate quotes you have, the better likelihood of getting the cheapest GMC Sonoma rate quotes. Consumers may even find the lowest prices come from an unexpected company.
More affordable auto insurance in Fort Wayne can be found both online as well as from independent agents in Fort Wayne, so you should compare both so you have a total pricing picture. Some insurance companies do not provide online rate quotes and usually these smaller providers only sell coverage through independent insurance agencies.
As you go through the steps to switch your coverage, it’s very important that you do not buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. There have been many situations where drivers have reduced physical damage coverage only to regret that they should have had better coverage. Your focus should be to buy the best coverage you can find at the best price, but do not skimp to save money.
How to buy lower priced GMC Sonoma insurance in Fort Wayne
The easiest way to save on GMC Sonoma insurance is to start doing a yearly price comparison from companies in Fort Wayne.
- Try to learn about how insurance works and the changes you can make to prevent high rates. Many rating criteria that result in higher rates like traffic violations and an unacceptable credit history can be improved by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes.
- Obtain price quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive and direct companies can provide rates from a single company like Progressive or Allstate, while independent agents can provide prices for a wide range of insurance providers.
- Compare the new rate quotes to the price on your current policy to see if a cheaper price is available. If you find better rates and change companies, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
- Provide written notification to your current company of your intent to cancel your current coverage. Submit a down payment and signed policy application to your new company or agent. As soon as coverage is bound, put the certificate verifying coverage with your vehicle’s registration.
A tip to remember is that you use similar limits and deductibles on every price quote and and to look at as many different companies as possible. This helps ensure an apples-to-apples comparison and a complete rate analysis.
More tips and info about auto insurance can be read at these sites:
- What is Covered by an Auto Insurance Policy? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Quotes for Active Military in Fort Wayne? (FAQ)
- Liability Insurance Coverage (Nationwide)
- Side airbags reduce rollover fatalities (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Booster Seat Ratings (iihs.org)
- Determining Auto Insurance Rates (GEICO)