Unfortunately, nearly 70% of drivers kept their coverage with the same auto insurance company for four years or more, and nearly the majority have never shopped around. Many drivers in Fort Wayne could save an average of approximately 55% each year, but they just don’t understand how easy it is to compare rate quotes online.
The best way to find cheaper quotes for Ford Taurus insurance in Fort Wayne is to regularly compare quotes from insurance carriers who sell auto insurance in Indiana.
Step 1: Spend some time learning about individual coverages and the measures you can control to lower rates. Many risk factors that result in higher prices like at-fault accidents, careless driving, and a less-than-favorable credit score can be eliminated by making minor changes to your lifestyle. Keep reading for additional ideas to help keep rates affordable and find additional discounts.
Step 2: Compare price quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can provide rates from a single company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while independent agents can provide prices from multiple insurance companies.
Step 3: Compare the new quotes to your current policy premium to see if a cheaper price is available in Fort Wayne. If you can save money and switch companies, make sure there is no lapse in coverage.
Step 4: Provide notification to your current company of your decision to cancel the current policy and submit the required down payment along with the signed application for your new coverage. Once the application is submitted, place the new certificate verifying coverage in your vehicle’s glove compartment or console.
A valuable tip to remember is to make sure you enter similar deductibles and liability limits on every quote and and to get rates from as many different companies as possible. Doing this provides a level playing field and a thorough selection of prices.
If you currently have car insurance, you will surely be able to reduce premiums using this information. Buying the cheapest car insurance in Fort Wayne is much easier if you have a good place to start. Although Indiana car owners do need to know how the larger insurance companies determine what you pay and use this information to your advantage.
When looking for affordable Ford Taurus insurance quotes, there are a couple ways of comparing rates from different companies. The easiest way to lower the rate you pay for insurance is to get quotes online.
Online shopping is fast and free, and it replaces the need to spend time driving to local Fort Wayne insurance agencies. The fact that you can get quotes online has made agencies unnecessary unless you have a need for the advice and guidance that you can only get from talking to an agent. However, consumers can comparison shop your insurance online and have a local agent actually service the policy. When price shopping your coverage, making a lot of price comparisons helps improve the odds of finding the best price. Some insurance companies are not set up to provide online rate quotes, so it’s important to also get prices from them as well.
The companies in the list below can provide price quotes in Fort Wayne, IN. If you wish to find cheap car insurance in IN, we recommend you click on several of them to get the best price comparison.
You may qualify for discounts for Ford Taurus insurance in Fort Wayne
Car insurance is not cheap nor is it fun to buy but there may be some discounts that may help make it more affordable. Certain discounts will be applied when you purchase, but once in a while a discount must be specifically requested prior to getting the savings. If you are not receiving all the discounts you qualify for, you are throwing money away.
- Good Student – This discount can save 20 to 25%. Many companies even apply the discount to college students up until you turn 25.
- Telematics Discount – Insureds that choose to allow their car insurance company to track when and where they use their vehicle through the use of a telematics system like Drivewise from Allstate or In-Drive from State Farm may see discounts if their driving habits are good.
- Theft Prevention Discount – Vehicles that have factory anti-theft systems can help prevent theft and earn discounts up to 10% off your Fort Wayne car insurance quote.
- No Claim Discounts – Claim-free drivers pay much less as compared to bad drivers.
- Early Signing – A few larger companies give discounts for renewing your policy before your current Taurus insurance policy expires. The savings is around 10%.
- Fewer Miles Equal More Savings – Low annual miles may enable drivers to earn cheaper rates.
- College Student Discount – Children who are attending college and leave their car at home may be able to be covered for less.
As a disclaimer on discounts, most discount credits are not given to the overall cost of the policy. A few only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as collision or personal injury protection. Even though it appears adding up those discounts means a free policy, car insurance companies aren’t that generous.
The chart below shows the comparison of Ford Taurus premium costs with and without discounts. The premium estimates are based on a male driver, a clean driving record, no at-fault accidents, Indiana state minimum liability limits, comprehensive and collision coverage, and $100 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with safe-driver, multi-policy, homeowner, claim-free, marriage, and multi-car discounts applied.
A list of car insurance companies and the discounts they provide are:
- State Farm may offer discounts for good student, multiple autos, Steer Clear safe driver discount, accident-free, and student away at school.
- Progressive may include discounts for good student, multi-vehicle, homeowner, online signing, continuous coverage, and online quote discount.
- Progressive has discounts for multi-policy, multi-vehicle, continuous coverage, good student, online quote discount, homeowner, and online signing.
- MetLife offers discounts for accident-free, claim-free, good student, multi-policy, good driver, and defensive driver.
- Farm Bureau policyholders can earn discounts including youthful driver, multi-policy, safe driver, 55 and retired, multi-vehicle, good student, and driver training.
- GEICO has savings for driver training, anti-theft, air bags, multi-policy, five-year accident-free, and military active duty.
- SAFECO may have discounts that include multi-car, anti-theft, drive less, teen safety rewards, teen safe driver, and safe driver.
If you need affordable Fort Wayne car insurance quotes, ask each insurance company which credits you are entitled to. A few discounts may not be offered in Fort Wayne. For a list of insurers that offer discounts in Indiana, click here.
Statistics and details
The premium information shown next covers different insurance rates for Ford Taurus models. Learning how insurance quotes are determined can help customers make informed decisions when shopping around for a new policy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Taurus SEL AWD||$302||$530||$380||$22||$114||$1,348||$112|
|Taurus Limited AWD||$302||$610||$380||$22||$114||$1,428||$119|
|Taurus SHO AWD||$334||$610||$380||$22||$114||$1,460||$122|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Above prices assume single female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Indiana minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, homeowner, multi-policy, claim-free, and safe-driver. Price estimates do not factor in specific zip code location which can modify coverage rates substantially.
The information below illustrates how choosing a deductible and can raise or lower Ford Taurus annual premium costs for different ages of insureds. The information is based on a single female driver, comp and collision included, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Age, gender, and Ford Taurus insurance
The illustration below visualizes the comparison of Ford Taurus insurance prices for male and female drivers. Data assumes no accidents, no driving violations, comprehensive and collision coverage, $250 deductibles, drivers are single, and no policy discounts are applied.
Ford Taurus liability-only versus full coverage
The information below illustrates the comparison of Ford Taurus insurance rates when comparing full coverage to liability only. Data assumes no accidents or driving violations, $1,000 deductibles, marital status is single, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Should you be buying full coverage?
There is no exact formula that works best for making the decision to drop full coverage on your policy, but there is a general guideline you can use. If the yearly cost of comp and collision coverage is more than about 10% of the vehicle’s replacement cost less your deductible, then you might consider buying liability only.
For example, let’s assume your Ford Taurus replacement cost is $9,000 and you have $1,000 policy deductibles. If your vehicle is damaged in an accident, the most your company will settle for is $8,000 after the deductible is paid. If premiums are more than $800 annually for physical damage coverage, the it may be a good time to stop paying for full coverage.
There are a few cases where eliminating full coverage is not advised. If you have an outstanding loan on your vehicle, you must maintain physical damage coverage as part of the loan conditions. Also, if you don’t have enough money to buy a different vehicle if your current one is totaled, you should keep full coverage on your policy.
You may need help from a local insurance agent
Some consumers would prefer to get advice from a local agent and that is a smart decision A good thing about getting free rate quotes online is you may find cheap rate quotes and still choose a local agent.
After completing this form (opens in new window), the coverage information is immediately sent to local insurance agents who will give you bids for your business. You don’t have to even leave your home since rate quotes are delivered immediately to you. You can find better rates without the usual hassles of price shopping. If for some reason you want to get a rate quote from a specific auto insurance provider, feel free to go to their quote page and submit a quote form there.
Selecting an company requires more thought than just the bottom line cost. Ask your prospective agent these questions:
- What company holds the largest book of business for them?
- Will the agent help in case of a claim?
- Is there a 24/7 contact number?
- Does the agency have a positive business rating?
- What will you get paid if your car is a total loss? How is that amount determined?
Shown below is a short list of car insurance companies in Fort Wayne that are able to give comparison quotes for Ford Taurus insurance in Fort Wayne.
Valentine White-Xayarath – State Farm Insurance Agent
5533 S Anthony Blvd – Fort Wayne, IN 46806 – (260) 447-1074 – View Map
Why Smart Buyers Pay Less for Ford Taurus Insurance
One of the most helpful ways to save on auto insurance is to to have a grasp of the factors that are used to determine auto insurance rates. When consumers understand what influences your rates, this empowers consumers to make smart changes that could help you find lower rates. Lots of things are used when you quote your car insurance policy. Some are obvious such as your driving history, although others are less apparent such as whether you are married or your financial responsibility.
- Liability insurance is peace of mind – A critical coverage on your policy, liability insurance provides coverage if a jury decides you are liable for causing damage or personal injury in an accident. Your policy’s liability insurance provides you with a defense in court which can cost thousands of dollars. This coverage is relatively inexpensive when compared to the cost of physical damage coverage, so drivers should make sure they buy enough to cover all assets.
With age comes responsibility – Teenage drivers in Indiana have a tendency to be careless and easily distracted in a vehicle so auto insurance rates are higher. Parents adding a teen driver to your auto insurance policy can increase premiums substantially. More experienced drivers are proven to be safer behind the wheel, cost insurance companies less in claims, and tend to be get fewer driving tickets.
The chart below is based on a single driver, full coverage with $100 deductibles, and no discounts or violations.
- Deter theft and reduce prices – Selecting a car model with a theft deterrent system can get you a discount on your auto insurance. Theft prevention features such as tamper alarm systems, vehicle immobilizer technology and General Motors OnStar all help prevent vehicle theft.
- Never have auto insurance policy lapses – Driving without insurance coverage in place is a big no-no and you may have a hard time finding new coverage because you let your insurance lapse. And not only will your rates increase, being ticketed for driving with no insurance could earn you a hefty fine and possibly a revoked license.
- Your career may increase prices – Jobs such as fire fighters, police officers, and miners generally pay higher premiums than the average policyholder attributed to job stress and lots of time spent at work. Other careers such as scientists, engineers and homemakers generally pay rates lower than average.
Ford Taurus statistical loss data – Auto insurance companies use past insurance losses when determining insurance prices. Models that statistically have a trend towards higher claims will cost more for coverage. The table below demonstrates the compiled insurance loss statistics for Ford Taurus vehicles.
For each type of coverage, the loss probability for all vehicles combined as an average equals 100. Values that are under 100 mean the vehicle has better than average losses, while values over 100 show a trend for more claims or statistically larger losses.
Ford Taurus Insurance Claim Statistics Vehicle Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Ford Taurus 2WD 109 88 134 115 115 101 Ford Taurus 4WD 120 78 141 124 Ford Taurus SHO 4WD 143 96 185 84 103BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Statistics Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Why you need quality insurance for your Taurus
Even though it can be expensive, buying auto insurance is required in Indiana but also provides important benefits.
First, almost all states have minimum liability requirements which means the state requires specific limits of liability if you want to drive legally. In Indiana these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if you bought your Ford Taurus with a loan, most lenders will require you to carry insurance to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If you default on your policy, the bank will be required to insure your Ford at a much higher rate and require you to fork over a much higher amount than you were paying before.
Third, insurance protects both your Ford and your personal assets. It will also cover all forms of medical expenses for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. One policy coverage, liability insurance, also pays expenses related to your legal defense if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If you have damage to your Ford as the result of the weather or an accident, comprehensive and collision coverage will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of having insurance definitely exceed the cost, especially for larger claims. On average, a vehicle owner in Fort Wayne is wasting up to $865 each year so you should quote and compare rates at every renewal to make sure the price is not too high.
Persistence is the key to cheaper rates
When searching for the cheapest Ford Taurus rate quotes, make sure you don’t reduce needed coverages to save money. There are a lot of situations where an insured cut full coverage and discovered at claim time that the savings was not a smart move. Your goal is to find the BEST coverage at the best possible price and still be able to protect your assets.
We’ve covered some good ideas how you can find affordable Ford Taurus insurance in Fort Wayne. It’s most important to understand that the more rate comparisons you have, the higher the chance of saving money. Drivers may even discover the best price on auto insurance is with an unexpected company. Some small companies may only write in your state and offer lower prices as compared to the big name companies such as Allstate or State Farm.
Additional detailed information is located in the articles below:
- Teen Driving Statistics (GEICO)
- Who Has the Cheapest Fort Wayne Car Insurance Quotes for a Mazda CX-7? (FAQ)
- How Much are Fort Wayne Auto Insurance Rates for 4×4 Vehicles? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Quotes for Safe Drivers in Fort Wayne? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Handicapped Drivers in Fort Wayne? (FAQ)
- Your Car has been Stolen: Now What? (Allstate)
- Learn About Car Insurance (GEICO)
- Car Insurance FAQ (Trusted Choice)