Sadly, about 70% of customers have purchased from the same company for a minimum of four years, and roughly 40% of drivers have never quoted insurance rates at all. With the average premium in Indiana being $1,400, drivers could cut their rates by nearly $700 a year by just comparing quotes, but they just don’t understand how easy it is to save money by comparing rate quotes.
It takes a little time, but the best way to find cheaper car insurance rates in Fort Wayne is to start comparing prices yearly from different companies who can sell car insurance in Indiana.
First, try to learn about what coverages are included in your policy and the steps you can take to prevent expensive coverage. Many policy risk factors that increase rates like traffic citations and a negative credit rating can be controlled by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility. Keep reading for the details to get better rates and get additional discounts that may be available.
Second, obtain price quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only give rate quotes from one company like Progressive or Allstate, while independent agencies can quote rates from many different companies.
Third, compare the new rates to your current policy to determine if switching companies saves money. If you find a better price and switch companies, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
An important bit of advice to remember is to use similar deductibles and liability limits on every price quote and and to get rate quotes from as many companies as you can. This provides an accurate price comparison and a complete price analysis.
If you are insured now or are shopping for new coverage, you can use these tips to find the best rates and possibly find even better coverage. This information will help you learn how car insurance quotes work and some tricks to saving. Drivers just need to understand the proper way to shop for auto insurance from many different companies online.
The most recommended method to get policy rate comparisons for Ford C-Max Energi insurance in Fort Wayne is to realize almost all companies pay for the opportunity to give rate comparisons. All you need to do is provide the companies a bit of rating information including how much you drive, whether your vehicle is owned or leased, marital status, and the ages of drivers. Your details gets transmitted to many different companies and they respond with quotes instantly.
To compare multiple company lower-cost Ford C-Max Energi insurance rates now, click here and complete the quick form.
The companies shown below are ready to provide price comparisons in Fort Wayne, IN. To find cheap auto insurance in IN, we suggest you visit two to three different companies in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Insurance discounts are available for cheaper rates
Companies that sell car insurance don’t always publicize all discounts in an easy-to-find place, so the list below contains some of the more common and also the lesser-known credits available to you.
- Sign Early and Save – A few insurance companies allow discounts for switching companies prior to your current C-Max Energi insurance policy expiration. This discount can save up to 10%.
- Distant Student – Any of your kids who live away from home at college and do not take a car to college can receive lower rates.
- Homeowners Savings – Being a homeowner can save you money because maintaining a house requires personal responsibility.
- Pay Early and Save – If you pay your entire premium ahead of time instead of monthly or quarterly installments you can avoid monthly service charges.
- Claim Free – Claim-free drivers pay less compared to bad drivers.
- Good Grades Discount – Maintaining excellent grades can get you a discount of up to 25%. The discount lasts up to age 25.
- Onboard Data Collection – Policyholders that allow their company to analyze driving patterns remotely like Allstate’s Drivewise might get better premium rates if they exhibit good driving behavior.
- Drive Safe and Save – Insureds without accidents may save up to 50% more compared to accident prone drivers.
- Senior Citizen Rates – Drivers over the age of 55 can get reduced rates.
- Bundled Policy Discount – If you combine your home and auto policies with one company they may give you a discount of at least 10 to 15 percent or more.
Don’t be surprised that some of the credits will not apply to your bottom line cost. Most cut individual premiums such as collision or personal injury protection. Just because you may think you would end up receiving a 100% discount, insurance companies wouldn’t stay in business.
The best insurance companies and a summarized list of policyholder discounts can be found below.
- GEICO offers premium reductions for military active duty, federal employee, membership and employees, seat belt use, anti-theft, driver training, and five-year accident-free.
- Auto-Owners Insurance offers discounts including mature driver, safe vehicle, anti-lock brakes, air bags, paid in full, company car, and anti-theft.
- American Family may include discounts for defensive driver, mySafetyValet, good driver, TimeAway discount, and air bags.
- Esurance has discounts for good student, Pac-12 alumni, DriveSense, anti-theft, and renters.
- Progressive offers discounts for online signing, continuous coverage, homeowner, good student, multi-vehicle, and online quote discount.
- State Farm may offer discounts for multiple policy, student away at school, good driver, Steer Clear safe driver discount, and defensive driving training.
- AAA has savings for good driver, multi-car, multi-policy, anti-theft, education and occupation, and AAA membership discount.
It’s a good idea to ask each insurance company which discounts you qualify for. Some credits may not apply to policyholders in Fort Wayne. To locate insurers that offer many of these discounts in Fort Wayne, click here.
How Insurers Determine Ford C-Max Energi Insurance Premiums
Many factors are part of the calculation when pricing auto insurance. Some of the criteria are obvious like a motor vehicle report, but other factors are not quite as obvious like your continuous coverage or your commute time. Part of the car insurance buying process is learning the rating factors that come into play when calculating your policy premiums. If you have a feel for what positively or negatively impacts your premiums, this allows you to make good choices that could help you find lower car insurance prices.
- Marriage brings a discount – Having a wife or husband may cut your premiums on your car insurance policy. Having a significant other may mean you are more mature and insurance companies reward insureds because drivers who are married are more cautious.
- Cheaper to insure females? – Statistics have proven that females tend to be a little less risky than males. It does not mean men are worse drivers. Both sexes are responsible for auto accidents at about the same rate, but the male of the species tend to have more serious accidents. Not only are claims higher, but men receive more major tickets like DUI and reckless driving. Youthful male drivers tend to get in the most accidents and thus pay the highest rates.
- Gaps in coverage mean higher premiums – Driving without insurance is a big no-no and you may have a hard time finding new coverage because you let your coverage lapse. Not only will you pay higher rates, being ticketed for driving with no insurance may result in fines and jail time. You may then be required to file a SR-22 with the Indiana motor vehicle department to get your license reinstated.
- Insurance is expensive for teen drivers – Older insureds have been proven to be more responsible, tend to cause fewer accidents, and tend to be get fewer driving tickets. Drivers with little experience tend to be easily distracted when driving with friends so they pay higher car insurance rates.
- Only buy incidental coverages you need – Insurance companies have many extra coverages that you can buy if you aren’t careful. Coverage for things like rental car reimbursement, high-cost glass coverage, and Farm Bureau memberships are probably not needed. They may sound like good ideas initially, but your money might be better spent on other coverage so think about removing them and cutting costs.
- Use but don’t abuse your insurance – Auto insurance companies in Indiana award the lowest premiums to insureds who do not file claims often. If you are the type of insured that files lots of claims you can look forward to much higher rates or policy non-renewal. Your insurance policy is intended to be relied upon for claims that you cannot pay yourself.
- Infrequent drivers can save – Driving more miles in a year the more you will pay for car insurance. Most insurance companies apply a rate based upon how the vehicle is primarily used. Vehicles not used for work or commuting receive lower rates than cars that get driven a lot. Improper usage on your C-Max Energi may be costing you higher rates. It’s a smart idea to ensure your vehicle rating is showing the correct driver usage.