Unbelievably, a large majority of drivers kept their policy with the same company for a minimum of four years, and about 40% of consumers have never compared rate quotes at all. Consumers in the U.S. can cut their rates by almost $850 a year by just comparing quotes, but they assume it’s a waste of time to shop around.
If saving money is your primary concern, then the best way to find cheaper quotes for Kia Amanti insurance is to compare prices once a year from insurance carriers who can sell car insurance in Fort Wayne. Rates can be compared by completing these steps.
- Gain an understanding of what coverages are included in your policy and the factors you can control to drop your rates. Many things that increase rates like multiple speeding tickets and an unfavorable credit rating can be improved by making minor changes to your lifestyle. Read the full article for instructions to prevent expensive rate increases and get additional discounts that may be available.
- Compare rates from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can only give rate quotes from a single company like GEICO or Allstate, while independent agents can provide price quotes from multiple sources. Compare rates now
- Compare the new rates to your existing rates and see if there is a cheaper rate in Fort Wayne. If you find a better price, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Tell your current agent or company of your intent to cancel the current policy. Submit a completed policy application and payment to the new company. Once received, put the certificate verifying proof of insurance above your visor, in the console, or in the glove compartment.
An important note is that you’ll want to make sure you compare similar deductibles and liability limits on each price quote and and to look at as many companies as possible. Doing this enables the most accurate price comparison and a thorough selection of prices.
If you have insurance now, you will be able to reduce the price you pay using the ideas presented in this article. Choosing the best rates in Fort Wayne can be made easier if you know where to look. Although Indiana drivers need to learn how the larger insurance companies determine how much to charge because rates are impacted by many factors.
Low cost Fort Wayne Kia Amanti insurance
All major car insurance companies provide prices on the web. This process can be done by anyone as you simply type in your coverage preferences on the page. After you submit the form their quoting system obtains credit information and your driving record and returns a price. Being able to quote online for Kia Amanti insurance in Fort Wayne makes it simple to compare prices and it is imperative to perform this step if you want to find the lowest possible payments on car insurance.
To compare rates using this form now, visit the companies below or click here to submit a quote request to multiple companies at once. If you currently have coverage, we recommend you input deductibles and limits identical to your current policy. Using the same limits helps guarantee you will have a price comparison for the exact same coverage.
The car insurance companies shown below provide price quotes in Fort Wayne, IN. If you want cheap auto insurance in Indiana, it’s highly recommended you compare several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
Auto insurance quotes and discounts
Some insurance providers don’t always list every policy discount very well, so the following is a list of both well-publicized as well as some of the hidden credits available to bring down your rates.
- Payment Discounts – By paying your entire bill at once rather than spreading payments over time you can actually save on your bill.
- Discounts for Good Drivers – Accident-free drivers can pay as much as 50% less than drivers with accident claims.
- Telematics Devices – Drivers that enable their company to look at when and where they use their vehicle by using a telematic data system such as Progressive’s Snapshot and State Farm’s In-Drive might see lower rates if they show good driving skills.
- Safety Restraint Discount – Drivers who always wear seat belts and also require passengers to use a seat belt could cut 10% or more on medical payment and PIP coverage.
- Distant Student – Kids who live away from home to go to college without a vehicle on campus could get you a discount.
- Fewer Miles Equal More Savings – Low mileage vehicles can earn slightly better rates than normal.
- Bundled Policy Discount – If you have multiple policies and place coverage with the same company you could save nearly 15% which can help you find cheaper Amanti insurance.
- Passive Restraints and Air Bags – Vehicles with factory air bags or automatic seat belts can qualify for discounts of 20 to 30 percent.
- Waiver for an Accident – Not necessarily a discount, but some companies like Allstate and State Farm may permit one accident without getting socked with a rate hike so long as you haven’t had any claims prior to the accident.
- Active Military Service – Having a family member in the military could trigger a small discount.
One last thing about discounts, most discounts do not apply to the whole policy. Some only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like medical payments or collision. So when the math indicates you can get free auto insurance, it’s just not the way it works. Any qualifying discounts should help reduce the amount you pay for coverage.
Some of the larger companies that may offer some of the discounts shown above may include but are not limited to:
- State Farm
- Liberty Mutual
- American Family
- Farmers Insurance
- Auto-Owners Insurance
It’s a good idea to ask each company which discounts you qualify for. Discounts may not be offered in every state. If you would like to view companies that provide some of the discounts listed above in Fort Wayne, click this link.
Insurance agencies near you
Certain consumers would prefer to sit down with an agent. A good thing about price shopping on the web is that you can find the best rates and still buy from a local agent. And providing support for small agencies is definitely important in Fort Wayne.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this form (opens in new window), your insurance coverage information is transmitted to insurance agents in Fort Wayne who will give you quotes for your car insurance coverage. There is no need to contact any agents because quoted prices will be sent immediately to you. You’ll get the best rates and a licensed agent to talk to. In the event you want to compare rates from a specific company, don’t hesitate to find their quoting web page and submit a quote form there.
Pick the best auto insurance agent in Fort Wayne for you
If you prefer to buy car insurance from a local insurance agency, it can be helpful to understand the types of insurance agents and how they function. Car insurance policy providers can be classified as either exclusive agents or independent agents.
Agents that elect to be independent are not restricted to one company and that gives them the ability to insure with multiple insurance companies enabling the ability to shop coverage around. If you are not satisfied with one company, they simply move the coverage in-house and you don’t have to switch agencies. When comparing car insurance rates, you will definitely want to include price quotes from several independent agencies to have the best price comparison.
Below is a partial list of independent insurance agencies in Fort Wayne that can possibly get you free rate quotes.
Agents that elect to be exclusive generally can only insure with one company like AAA, State Farm, Farmers Insurance, and Allstate. These agents are not able to shop your coverage around so it’s a take it or leave it situation. Exclusive agents receive extensive training on what they offer which helps offset the inability to provide other markets.
Listed below are exclusive agents in Fort Wayne that can give you price quotes.
W.C. Starks – State Farm Insurance Agent
3818 S Calhoun St – Fort Wayne, IN 46807 – (260) 744-4357 – View Map
Picking the best auto insurance agent should include more criteria than just the bottom line cost. These questions are important to ask:
- Will the agent help in case of a claim?
- Did they already check your driving record and credit reports?
- Will their companies depreciate repairs to your car based on the mileage?
- Can you choose the body shop in case repairs are needed?
- Which family members are covered?
- Is there a 24/7 contact number?
Kia Amanti Insurance Cost Factors
Many things are taken into consideration when you get a price on insurance. Most are fairly basic such as traffic violations, but some are more obscure such as whether you are married or your commute time. Consumers need to have an understanding of some of the things that help calculate the rates you pay for car insurance. If you know what impacts premium levels, this allows you to make educated decisions that can help you get lower premium levels.
Big cities mean more claims – Being located in a small town has definite advantages when talking about car insurance. Less people living in that area corresponds to lower accident rates in addition to fewer liability claims. Drivers who live in large Indiana cities tend to have more aggressive driving styles and more severe claims. Higher commute times statistically corresponds to a higher accident and claim rate.
Excellent credit saves on car insurance – An insured’s credit history is likely to be a major factor in determining premium rates. So if your credit rating can use some improvement, you could pay less to insure your Kia Amanti if you clean up your credit. Insureds that have very high credit ratings tend to be more responsible and file fewer claims as compared to drivers with lower credit ratings.
Never let your car insurance policy lapse – Going without insurance is a guaranteed way to increase your renewal premiums. In addition to paying higher rates, being ticketed for driving with no insurance might get you a steep fine or even jail time.
Pay less after the wedding – Walking down the aisle can actually save you money on car insurance. Having a spouse means you’re more stable financially and insurance companies like that married drivers tend to file fewer claims.
Male premiums may be higher – Over time, data shows females are less aggressive when driving. That doesn’t necessarily mean that females are better at driving than males. Women and men cause auto accidents at about the same rate, but guys get into accidents with more damage. They also get higher numbers of serious violations such as DWI and reckless driving. Young men ages 16 to 20 have the highest risk to insure so they pay the highest premiums.
Teenagers vs. older drivers – Beginning drivers in Indiana have been known to be more careless when driving so they pay higher car insurance rates. Older people are more responsible, tend to cause fewer accidents, and receive fewer citations.
Better drivers have lower rates – Having a single chargeable violation can increase rates to the point where it’s not affordable. Drivers who don’t get tickets get better rates than their less careful counterparts. Drivers who have gotten multiple violations such as DUI or reckless driving may need to submit a SR-22 form with their state in order to prevent a license revocation.
Three good reasons to insure your Kia vehicle
Despite the fact that auto insurance is not cheap in Fort Wayne, insurance is required in Indiana but it also protects you in many ways.
- Just about all states have minimum liability requirements which means you are required to carry specific minimum amounts of liability coverage in order to drive the car legally. In Indiana these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your vehicle has a lienholder, almost every bank will require you to have comprehensive coverage to guarantee payment of the loan. If you let the policy lapse, the lender will be forced to insure your Kia at a much higher premium rate and require you to reimburse them a much higher amount than you were paying before.
- Auto insurance preserves not only your car but also your financial assets. It will also pay for medical expenses incurred in an accident. One policy coverage, liability insurance, will also pay for a defense attorney if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, collision and comprehensive coverages will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of insuring your Amanti are definitely more than the cost, especially when you need to use it. Despite what companies tell you, the average driver is wasting up to $700 annually so it’s very important to do a rate comparison at least once a year to be sure current rates are still competitive.
A little work can save a LOT of money
You just read a lot of information how to shop for Kia Amanti insurance online. The key thing to remember is the more quotes you get, the better your chances of lowering your car insurance rates. You may even find the best price on auto insurance is with a smaller regional carrier. Regional companies often have lower car insurance rates on specific markets as compared to the big name companies such as State Farm or Progressive.
As you go through the steps to switch your coverage, it’s very important that you do not sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. There have been many situations where someone sacrificed liability limits or collision coverage and discovered at claim time that the small savings ended up costing them much more. The goal is to buy a smart amount of coverage at an affordable rate while still protecting your assets.
More learning opportunities
- Understanding Your Insurance Deductible (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Affordable Fort Wayne Auto Insurance Rates for Drivers Over Age 50? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance for Young Drivers in Fort Wayne? (FAQ)
- How to shop for a safer car (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Booster Seat Ratings (iihs.org)
- Auto Crash Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)