Do you want to stop overpaying and find cheaper auto insurance rates in Fort Wayne, IN? Fort Wayne drivers have a choice when trying to find affordable Ford Escape insurance. They can either spend hours struggling with agents trying to get quotes or use the internet to get rate quotes.
There are both good and bad ways to shop for auto insurance and you need to know the best way to get price quotes for a Ford and find the lowest price either online or from Fort Wayne insurance agents.
Remarkably, a study showed that the vast majority of consumers in Indiana have stayed with the same insurance company for more than four years, and nearly half have never shopped around. Consumers in the United States could save as much as $860 a year just by shopping around, but they don't know how much savings they would realize if they swap their current policy for a cheaper one.
Affordable companies for Ford Escape insurance
The following companies are our best choices to provide free rate quotes in Indiana. To get the best auto insurance in Indiana, it's highly recommended you click on several of them to find the lowest auto insurance rates.
Ford Escape coverage statistics
The coverage information displayed below covers a range of policy rates for Ford Escape models. Having a better idea how auto insurance premiums are formulated is important for you to make smart choices when selecting a policy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Escape XLS 2WD||$132||$238||$250||$14||$76||$710||$59|
|Escape XLS 4WD||$132||$238||$250||$14||$76||$710||$59|
|Escape XLT 2WD||$132||$238||$250||$14||$76||$710||$59|
|Escape Limited 2WD||$152||$238||$250||$14||$76||$730||$61|
|Escape XLT 4WD||$152||$238||$250||$14||$76||$730||$61|
|Escape Limited 4WD||$152||$288||$250||$14||$76||$780||$65|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data assumes married female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Indiana minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, claim-free, multi-vehicle, homeowner, and safe-driver. Table data does not factor in vehicle location which can revise price quotes significantly.
The information below highlights how deductible choice and can affect Ford Escape insurance costs for different categories of driver ages. Data assumes a single male driver, comp and collision included, and no discounts are factored in.
Cost comparison with and without full coverage
The information below shows the difference between Ford Escape annual premium costs with full coverage compared to only the Indiana minimum liability coverage. The costs are based on no driving violations, no at-fault accidents, $1,000 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no discounts are factored in.
Should you be buying full coverage?
There isn't a steadfast formula to stop buying full coverage, but there is a general convention. If the annual cost of your full coverage insurance is 10% or more of the replacement cost minus the deductible, then it might be time to buy liability only.
For example, let's say your Ford Escape replacement value is $9,000 and you have $1,000 full coverage deductibles. If your vehicle is destroyed, the most your company will settle for is $8,000 after paying the physical damage deductible. If premium cost is more than $800 annually for full coverage, then it might be time to consider dropping full coverage.
There are some scenarios where eliminating full coverage is not financially feasible. If you haven't paid off your loan, you have to carry full coverage to protect the lienholder's interest. Also, if your finances do not allow you to purchase a different vehicle if your current one is in an accident, you should not buy liability only.
Lower Your Fort Wayne Insurance Premiums
Consumers need to have an understanding of some of the factors that help determine the price you pay for auto insurance. When you understand what impacts premium levels, this allows you to make good choices that can help you get much lower annual insurance costs. Lots of factors are part of the calculation when premium rates are determined. Some of the criteria are obvious like your driving record, but others are more transparent like where you live or your vehicle rating.
- Prices can change based on your address - Residing in small towns and rural areas has definite advantages when insuring your vehicles. Fewer drivers and short commutes translates into fewer accidents and a lower car theft rate. City drivers have congested traffic and more severe claims. Spending more time driving means more chances of being involved in an auto accident.
- Allowing your policy to lapse raises premiums - Having a gap between insurance policy dates will be a sure-fire way to increase your auto insurance rates. Not only will you pay higher rates, being ticketed for driving with no insurance could earn you a revoked license or a big fine. Then you may be required to file a SR-22 with the Indiana DMV.
Gender and insurance premiums - Over the last 30 years, statistics show females are less aggressive when driving. Now that doesn't mean women are BETTER drivers than men. Females and males are in accidents in similar percentages, but men have accidents that have higher claims. Not only are claims higher, but men have more aggressive citations such as driving while intoxicated (DWI) or driving recklessly.
The diagram below shows the difference between Ford Escape insurance prices for male and female drivers. The data is based on no claims or driving violations, full physical damage coverage, $100 deductibles, marital status is single, and no discounts are applied.
- Save money by raising deductibles - Insurance for physical damage, also called 'full coverage', protects your Ford from damage. Some coverage claims are a dented fender, damage from fire, and damage from a fallen tree branch. Comp and collision deductibles are how much you are required to pay if the claim is covered. The more money the insured is willing to pay, the less your company will charge you for insurance.
- You might have higher premiums if you are single - Having a spouse may earn you lower rates compared to being single. It means you're more mature and statistics show being married results in fewer claims.
Loss statistics for a Ford Escape - Auto insurance companies use data from past claims when setting premium prices. Models that statistically have a trend towards higher claim severity or frequency will have a higher cost to insure.
The information below illustrates the insurance loss data for Ford Escape vehicles. For each policy coverage type, the loss probability for all vehicles, regardless of manufacturer or model, is a value of 100. Numbers shown that are under 100 suggest a positive loss record, while values that are above 100 indicate a higher chance of having a claim or a tendency for losses to be larger than average.
Insurance Loss Ratings for Ford Escape Vehicles Specific Ford Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Ford Escape 4dr 2WD 80 91 83 94 94 92 Ford Escape 4dr 4WD 81 84 94 85 90 77BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Data Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Lower rates by qualifying for discounts
Car insurance companies don't always list every policy discount very clearly, so the list below gives a summary of both the well known in addition to some of the lesser obvious savings tricks you should be using when you buy Fort Wayne auto insurance online.
- Good Students Pay Less - Performing well in school can be rewarded with saving of up to 25%. Earning this discount can benefit you up until you turn 25.
- Discount for Swiching Early - Some auto insurance companies provide a discount for renewing your policy prior to the expiration date on your current Escape insurance policy. You may see this discount when you get Fort Wayne auto insurance quotes online.
- Senior Citizens - Seniors may qualify for reduced rates.
- Bundle and Save - When you have multiple policies with the same company you could save approximately 10% to 15%.
- Theft Deterrent Discount - Cars and trucks equipped with anti-theft or alarm systems help deter theft and will qualify for a discount on a Fort Wayne auto insurance quote.
- Discounts for Cautious Drivers - Insureds who avoid accidents may save up to 50% more as compared to drivers with claims.
- Buy New and Save - Putting coverage on a new Escape may earn a small discount because new vehicles have to meet stringent safety requirements.
You can save money using discounts, but some of the credits will not apply to your bottom line cost. The majority will only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as comp or med pay. Just because you may think you would end up receiving a 100% discount, companies don't profit that way.
The information below visualizes the comparison of Ford Escape insurance premiums with and without discounts applied to the premium. The premiums assume a female driver, no claims or driving violations, Indiana state minimum liability limits, comprehensive and collision coverage, and $100 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with homeowner, claim-free, multi-car, marriage, safe-driver, and multi-policy discounts applied.
A list of companies and some of the discounts can be read below.
- American Family has savings for TimeAway discount, early bird, multi-vehicle, good student, and defensive driver.
- Farm Bureau may offer discounts for youthful driver, driver training, good student, 55 and retired, and safe driver.
- State Farm may have discounts that include accident-free, multiple autos, Steer Clear safe driver discount, anti-theft, good student, driver's education, and multiple policy.
- Travelers offers discounts for hybrid/electric vehicle, home ownership, new car, driver training, save driver, and good student.
- The Hartford has discounts for anti-theft, good student, driver training, bundle, air bag, defensive driver, and vehicle fuel type.
- GEICO policyholders can earn discounts including defensive driver, anti-theft, federal employee, multi-policy, and membership and employees.
- Progressive may include discounts for homeowner, continuous coverage, online signing, online quote discount, and multi-vehicle.
Before purchasing a policy, check with every prospective company how many discounts you can get. A few discounts may not apply to policies in your area. To see auto insurance companies that can offer you the previously mentioned discounts in Fort Wayne, follow this link.
Buying car insurance from Fort Wayne insurance agents
Many drivers just want to buy from a licensed agent and that can be a great decision Good insurance agents can point out coverage gaps and help you file claims. One of the benefits of comparing car insurance online is you can get the best rates but still work with a licensed agent. Putting coverage with local insurance agencies is definitely important in Fort Wayne.
To find an agent, once you fill out this form (opens in new window), your insurance data is instantly submitted to participating agents in Fort Wayne who will gladly provide quotes for your coverage. There is no need to contact any insurance agencies since price quotes are sent to you. If for some reason you want to compare rates for a specific company, you can always jump over to their website and complete a quote there.
Best auto insurance agent in Fort Wayne
When looking for a good insurance agency, you need to know there are two different types of agencies and how they can service your needs differently. Fort Wayne agents can be categorized as either independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for. Both types can sell car insurance policies, but we need to point out the differences because it can factor into the kind of agent you use.
Independent Car Insurance Agencies or Brokers
These agents are appointed with more than one company so they can write business with an assortment of companies and find the cheapest rate. If they find a cheaper price, they simply move the coverage in-house and you don't have to do anything. When comparing rates, you should always contact a few independent agents so that you have a good selection of quotes to compare. Most also have access to small mutual carriers that can offer cheaper rates than bigger companies.
Shown below is a small list of independent insurance agents in Fort Wayne that can give you free rate quotes.
- Hupe Insurance Services
7011 Stellhorn Rd - Fort Wayne, IN 46815 - (800) 701-5909 - View Map
- Real Estate Agents Health Insurance Direct
8411 Clinton Park Dr - Fort Wayne, IN 46825 - (855) 343-7344 - View Map
- Jackson Insurance Agency
809 S Calhoun St #308 - Fort Wayne, IN 46802 - (260) 434-0352 - View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Agents in the exclusive channel normally can only provide a single company's rates like Farmers Insurance and State Farm. They are unable to place coverage with different providers so if the price isn't competitive there isn't much they can do. Exclusive insurance agents are well schooled on their products and sales techniques which helps them compete with independent agents. Some insured continue to use the same exclusive agent partially due to high brand loyalty and solid financial strength.
The following are Fort Wayne exclusive insurance agencies that can give you rate quotes.
- Allstate Insurance: Jeffrey W Griggs
4340 Maplecrest Rd - Fort Wayne, IN 46815 - (260) 486-3883 - View Map
- American Family Insurance - Janie Laboube Agency Inc.
2810 Beaver Ave - Fort Wayne, IN 46807 - (260) 744-9798 - View Map
- Shawn Corbett - State Farm Insurance Agent
6061 N Clinton St - Fort Wayne, IN 46825 - (260) 484-6199 - View Map
Choosing the best insurance agent needs to be determined by more than just a cheap quote. These are valid questions to ask:
- Does the quote include credit and driving reports?
- Do they make recommendations based only on price?
- Are there any discounts that you might be missing?
- How many years of experience in personal auto insurance do they have?
- Are they able to provide referrals?
- How is replacement cost determined on your vehicle?
- How are claims handled?
How to find a good Indiana auto insurance company
Finding the highest-rated auto insurance company can be challenging considering how many choices you have in Fort Wayne. The information listed below may help you analyze which providers to look at when comparing rate quotes.
Top 10 Fort Wayne Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Claims Service
- Liberty Mutual
- AAA Insurance
- Safeco Insurance
- The General
Top 10 Fort Wayne Car Insurance Companies by A.M. Best Rank
- USAA - A++
- GEICO - A++
- Travelers - A++
- State Farm - A++
- Allstate - A+
- Progressive - A+
- Erie Insurance - A+
- The Hartford - A+
- Nationwide - A+
- Esurance - A+
Auto insurance can get complicated
Always keep in mind that when comparing coverage for your vehicles, there isn't really a best way to insure your cars. Every insured's situation is different.
For example, these questions may help you determine if your situation would benefit from professional advice.
- Do I get a pro-rated refund if I cancel my policy early?
- Does my car insurance cover rental cars?
- What is an adequate liability insurance limit?
- What is UM/UIM insurance?
- Is coverage enough to protect my assets?
- Do I have newly-acquired coverage?
If you can't answer these questions but you think they might apply to your situation, then you may want to think about talking to an agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, complete this form. It only takes a few minutes and can help protect your family.
When searching for low cost Fort Wayne auto insurance quotes, don't be tempted to skimp on coverage in order to save money. There are too many instances where drivers have reduced physical damage coverage only to discover later that the few dollars in savings costed them thousands. The ultimate goal is to purchase a proper amount of coverage at the best cost while not skimping on critical coverages.
People change insurance companies for any number of reasons including poor customer service, questionable increases in premium, denial of a claim and high prices. It doesn't matter what your reason, finding a great new company is pretty simple and you could end up saving a buck or two.
We just covered some good ideas how you can save on Ford Escape insurance in Fort Wayne. It's most important to understand that the more price quotes you have, the better your comparison will be. Consumers could even find that the biggest savings come from a lesser-known regional company.
Steps to buying discount Ford Escape insurance in Fort Wayne
To save the most money, the best way to find more affordable Ford Escape insurance is to start comparing rates regularly from insurance carriers in Fort Wayne.
- Read about coverages and the modifications you can make to prevent high rates. Many rating factors that drive up the price like traffic citations and a negative credit history can be remedied by being financially responsible and driving safely.
- Request rate estimates from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can give quotes from one company like Progressive or Allstate, while agents who are independent can quote prices for a wide range of insurance providers.
- Compare the quotes to your existing coverage to determine if switching companies saves money. If you can save money and change companies, ensure there is no coverage lapse between policies.
- Tell your current agent or company to cancel your current coverage. Submit the application along with any required down payment to the newly selected company. As soon as you receive it, place your new certificate of insurance above your visor, in the console, or in the glove compartment.
A crucial key to this process is to use similar coverage information on every quote request and and to get price quotes from all possible companies. Doing this helps ensure a level playing field and a thorough selection of prices.
Additional detailed information is located in the articles below:
- Your Car has been Stolen: Now What? (Allstate)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for Uninsured Drivers in Fort Wayne? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Quotes for Welfare Recipients in Fort Wayne? (FAQ)
- How Much is Fort Wayne Auto Insurance for Seniors? (FAQ)
- Car Insurance: When not to Skimp (BankRate.com)
- Winter Driving (Insurance Information Institute)
- How Can I Save Money on Auto Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)